PDA

View Full Version : To the non-sufficent ranger who -

Jbmat5656
09-24-2013, 04:56 PM
Stated pretty much he couldn't keep himself healed, even using pots; who had to have someone cast FOM on him, as he ran out of materials to do so; who pretty much couldn't shut up for an entire CITW run, though he said nothing of substance the entire time - thank you for making people think rangers suck. I was so freaking embarrassed by your conduct. I'm glad none of my usual running-mates were there, I'd never hear the end of it. Good kill count too, single digits, about as good as the bard. Really hope you got your Pinion, it probably won't help much, but any addition to your non-existent DPS has to be an improvement. And yes, got your name, gratz, you are the first ranger on my ignore list.

Thanks for letting me vent. I play on Khyber btw.

96th_Malice
09-26-2013, 04:42 PM

Awesome .... I would have posted this in the "khyber" forums however.

Qhualor
09-26-2013, 04:55 PM
how many levels of ranger? you need 14 levels to have access to level 4 spells. it all sounds bad, but would need more info on the build to take the OP side on this one.

96th_Malice
09-26-2013, 05:11 PM
how many levels of ranger? you need 14 levels to have access to level 4 spells. it all sounds bad, but would need more info on the build to take the OP side on this one.

Very valid point ...

Back to the OP

As for the running out oh mats ... I purchase em 1000 at a time, and you know what? I've run out from time to time. No biggie

The self healing ... Well I gotta tell you with close to 775 hp on Katnyss, healing with pots or wands is a seriously long process, so I would consider myself weak in that department as well. No biggie ... Toss the healer some plat for the heals

As for the kill count ... Still not a valid form of rating a toons DPS. Kill count is based off of the killing blow to the monster you are fighting. For sure I have had many kills while targeting a monster that a melee toon has been whacking on for 30 seconds .... Point / shoot / hit slayer = my kill , hehe

I don't think there is any reason that this person should have embarrassed you ( or rangers ) in any way ...

I hope he got his pinion ... That way if any of my archers that happen to be his party, he will no longer need one so I can have it .. Hehe.

1 down .... 7 more to go

toaftoaf
09-26-2013, 09:43 PM
well i know its not me.. ive had my pinion for along time :D but i do see wherethe poster is coming from. sometimes i feel that way if someone on my friends lists has a bad run. but it is just a game

NaturalHazard
09-27-2013, 12:01 AM
Well at least he had FOM memorized.......ran into so many pure 20 rangers ask if they can hand out fom to people........silence..........but they always have room to slot, bush, razor cat, mass camo and such lol. Im happy I have those House K boots :D.

Jbmat5656
09-27-2013, 05:49 AM
He was a pure ranger, he had access to all the spells. And healing isn't a big deal if you have a decent heal amp and have twisted in some healing from the EDs. I have 875 hp pre-buffs and pretty much heal myself on most quests. Not hard, and don't use pots or wands. As to the kill count, I agree it's not a big deal. I'll paralyze targets and let others beat on them while I move to a second target - but come on, if a ranged character gets a kill count in the single digits that's pretty sorry. I kill stuff before it gets in range of the melee people.

My point was/is this person just can't play ranger. I was waiting for him to hit mass camo, my friends know how I feel about camo.

Archangel_666
09-27-2013, 05:55 AM
He was a pure ranger, he had access to all the spells. And healing isn't a big deal if you have a decent heal amp and have twisted in some healing from the EDs. I have 875 hp pre-buffs and pretty much heal myself on most quests. Not hard, and don't use pots or wands. As to the kill count, I agree it's not a big deal. I'll paralyze targets and let others beat on them while I move to a second target - but come on, if a ranged character gets a kill count in the single digits that's pretty sorry. I kill stuff before it gets in range of the melee people.

My point was/is this person just can't play ranger. I was waiting for him to hit mass camo, my friends know how I feel about camo.

I'm guessing from the information you've given that the Ranger in question was level 20+, and if so, then I'd have to agree, though it's worth mentioning that HAmp is now much, much harder to justify through Enhancements. It's just too damned expensive. Pre-Enhancement Pass my Ranger had 30% from Human, now she has 20% and that's all I can justify.

It's also worth mentioning that while this obviously doesn't apply in your specific instance, expect to see far more Rangers with bugger all self healing, now that Ranger Devotion has been Turbined.

saco
09-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Was his name a Drizzit variation?

Suprised I haven't seen those toon come out of the woodwork like cockroaches.

NaturalHazard
09-27-2013, 09:36 AM
Anyway if people think a whole class sucks because *one* guy they ran across was terrible then..........their opinion does not really matter anyway.

kned225
09-27-2013, 09:41 AM
How boring would pugging be if every group included only serious, stoic, well-played uber toons. Zzz

And seriously....embarrassed for rangers? I think we're taking all this a little too far. You obviously completed in spite of this guy, so who cares

I always laugh at annoying guys in pugs because i imagine the other people sitting at their computers getting p***ed off. I guess you're those people

Bridge_Dweller
09-27-2013, 10:30 AM
2009 called, it wants it's ranger-hate back :)

DeKalbSun
09-27-2013, 10:41 AM
meh...sounds like an average CITW run to me.

Emizand
10-02-2013, 08:13 AM
Stated pretty much he couldn't keep himself healed, even using pots; who had to have someone cast FOM on him, as he ran out of materials to do so; who pretty much couldn't shut up for an entire CITW run, though he said nothing of substance the entire time - thank you for making people think rangers suck. I was so freaking embarrassed by your conduct. I'm glad none of my usual running-mates were there, I'd never hear the end of it. Good kill count too, single digits, about as good as the bard. Really hope you got your Pinion, it probably won't help much, but any addition to your non-existent DPS has to be an improvement. And yes, got your name, gratz, you are the first ranger on my ignore list.

So you took time to have a chat with him afterwards and explain some things, or just come on here to whine? In some groups I shine as a good player, in others I am a gimp. There will always better players than you, conversely there will always be poorer players than you. The best player is the one who helps others if they can.

Emi