PDA

View Full Version : Remove Re-roll

Shalexilf
09-23-2013, 11:08 PM
So I have lost count on how many shards I have wasted by accidently clicking the re-roll option when looting chests when attempting to hit the Loot all button. the new location of the re-roll has made it even easier for me to missclick. I now only loot chests that drop named items and even then i take my time to make sure i hit the right option very frusterating.

Another solution would be to have a follow pop up box saying are you sure you want to reroll chest.

Qhualor
09-23-2013, 11:13 PM
So I have lost count on how many shards I have wasted by accidently clicking the re-roll option when looting chests when attempting to hit the Loot all button. the new location of the re-roll has made it even easier for me to missclick. I now only loot chests that drop named items and even then i take my time to make sure i hit the right option very frusterating.

Another solution would be to have a follow pop up box saying are you sure you want to reroll chest.

supposedly that pop up box was added today in the patch. I didn't try it, but ive heard there is one now.

as far as the location of the re-roll button, I hate it. right on top of the loot all button? it just makes it more clear Turbines intentions with this button, but at least there is a warning now.

esoitl
09-27-2013, 12:13 AM
Or.... you could just not be lazy and take a few extra seconds to simply take the items out of the chest the old fashioned way.
There was a time when 'Loot All' never existed and life was fine then. It truly only takes two seconds maximum to loot a chest and I normally do it anyways to avoid the pile up of useless junk that chest normally have in them.

I have not used any shards accidentally re-rolling the loot, nor have I even cared about the locations of the 'Loot All' or 'Re-roll Loot' buttons.

zDragonz
09-27-2013, 12:43 AM
I am afraid to test to see if the re-roll button ( are you sure? yes or no) actually works. I simply refuse to test it. I don't trust it. Because of the track record.

Even if it is working, it is only a matter of time that it is going to bug and that feature will be disabled by accident (something out of left field in a future update is going to disable this) and someone mis-clicks it by mistake (because of where it is located) and does not get the confirmation and the astral shards will be gone forever.

Put it in a spot where we have to actually make the effort to click on it so no one gets grief. This has already been shown in another thread. The Re-roll button was on the very top. No mistake can be made then.

Thordarr
09-27-2013, 01:22 AM
Either remove the box entirely, add a toggle in the UI options to hide it or make the box discrete in the corner or something.

While I have not misclicked it yet, in terms of gameplay experience, customisable UI and the info on screen I like, having a big box for an option I loathe pop up every time a chest is opened is annoying.

lyrecono
09-27-2013, 03:48 AM
we hates it!

too close to the loot all button.
wastes my time making sure i click on the right button.
destroyes my immersion into the game world

and last but not least:

destroyes the trust i have in turbine, all this money grabbing makes me think that the game is doing badly (money wise), i haven't used the oppertunity last week to drop 500 bucks in for points (as i usualy do when double points are around), because i don't know for how long this game will be around.

ReaperAlexEU
09-27-2013, 11:35 AM
by default you can press B on the keyboard to loot all

coming soon to DDO: v,g,h and n are now bound to the re-roll loot button by default ;)

HunterjWizzard
09-27-2013, 07:35 PM
I've heard that there is a confirmation box now, but I'm with the title: remove it.

It was a stupid feature to begin with.