PDA

View Full Version : Warpriest enhancements worth it? and how to fit it in with my enhancments

firemedium_jt
09-23-2013, 10:31 PM
The Smite attack looks interesting with the group healing it can do. If you are in a non melee Epic Destiny I can see its usefulness to fit in to your Heroic attacks.

So what would you give up for it.

Right now I have some Human for Tier 1 healing amp and STR and CON.

I have Aura, Cure Focus and Reactive Heal.

I have Necrotic Ray and Neg Energy Burst.

Can't give up Aura for constant Divine Power. I nice idea though, but I just use tons of clicks if I need it. All the Bracers with the 5's are Divine Power. Just click and swap back to Villager Parry Bracer is easy enough when needed.

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/5806/dqg9.png (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/17/dqg9.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

Thinking about giving up Cure Focus and Reactive Heal (and the tree leading up to it). This should free up points. Maybe even increase Turn regen rate cause it is only 1 every 2 minutes and not like before where turns would regen faster.

guardianx2009
09-23-2013, 11:05 PM
Yes, you do not need Cure Focus/Reactive Heal.

firemedium_jt
09-23-2013, 11:15 PM
Keep going? What else should I get rid of or add?

I am thinking of just adding Kensei axe damage and to hit?

How is Ameliorating Strike for healing?
I guess it is suppose to be a substitution for Aura, but I am keeping Aura too I think.

What about Intense Healing and Incredible Healing. I have Intense maxed out with only 17 levels of Cleric. I put one into Incredible Healing, but not sure how it works.

Thanks.

guardianx2009
09-23-2013, 11:29 PM
Get rid of holy smite SLA,Chill Touch SLA, efficient metamagics. You shouldn't need those.

Haven't played enough with warpriest enhancements yet for input.

guardianx2009
09-23-2013, 11:35 PM
Regarding incredible/intense healing, they kinda go hand in hand. It doesn't help if you take one but not the other. Decent particularly for boosting Heal spell, which has a cap of L15. So investing 2/2 will let you cast Heal at caster 17 instead of 15.

You probably need to invest in it to get enough points for Aura anyways. I usually invest either 1 or 2 tiers, but nothing more.

firemedium_jt
09-23-2013, 11:38 PM
Martyrdom and Divine Healing seem a waste too.

Probably not get rid of Intense and Incredible Healing. Has that been tested with Heal that you need to increase both at the same time? Seems like my heal spell is enough maybe without it? I see Mass Heal Max lvl is way up there.

What is a decent Heal for EH and EE that is needed IYO? My Mass Heal is over 1000+__ and my Heal is around 900+__ @lvl24 with only CLR17/__. So without Incredible/Intense these will go down some especially Heal.

Looking for a reason to save a point getting rid of Necrotic Bolt too. It does not allow metas to be used on it.

sirgog
09-24-2013, 12:45 AM
I don't intend to go to T5 Warpriest, because a Warpriest is going to fight on the front lines, and the Aura is better on the front lines than anything else.

Reactive Heal is also incredible - when used well.

That said, there's a few things in WP I'll be respeccing into tonight.

Sianys
09-24-2013, 05:57 AM
Since my cleric had used the Protection tree before the patch update, I got those APs back and got to respend in the Warpriest tree - definitely loving it. Boosts to AC, DR, and Fire and Light spell power on the cores sets up a nice little synergy with Divine Disciple, if you go Light. Also, Ameliorating Strike (iirc) depends on your Positive spell power, which can also synergize with Radiant Servant. I look at that particular enhancement as a kind of "triage" move, so if you've got the APs and you want to stay primarily Radiant Servant with the Aura, I think it would be worth getting Ameliorating Strike for that additional boost to your healing toolbox.

guardianx2009
09-24-2013, 08:48 AM
Martyrdom and Divine Healing seem a waste too.

Probably not get rid of Intense and Incredible Healing. Has that been tested with Heal that you need to increase both at the same time? Seems like my heal spell is enough maybe without it? I see Mass Heal Max lvl is way up there.

What is a decent Heal for EH and EE that is needed IYO? My Mass Heal is over 1000+__ and my Heal is around 900+__ @lvl24 with only CLR17/__. So without Incredible/Intense these will go down some especially Heal.

Looking for a reason to save a point getting rid of Necrotic Bolt too. It does not allow metas to be used on it.

Matrydom is an absolute waste...
Divine Healing can be useful, but I would say most will find it not necessary.

Yes, for Heal spell, once you are over level 15, it caps. You absolutely need both increase it: one to raise the cap, one to raise the level. This applies to all cure/healing spells with caps. I believe it applies to aura/burst too (pretty certain on aura) . But testing is difficult because your caster level bugs out sometimes when swapping destiny. You'd have to relog to correct it. Again, since you'll likely have to spend the points anyway to get to aura, you probably have to invest in 1 tier for each.

I plan on doing a write up on the enhancement trees and actually spent some time testing these. So I'm fairly confident in my assessments.

That 900 you see on your heal is probably on crit. I don't use mass heals much these days, except for shrouds to get rid of harry's poison effects.

Yes, I would get rid of Necrotic Bolt also.

firemedium_jt
09-24-2013, 09:17 AM
Reactive Heal seems situational. I like the idea for Raids and tanks, but it is hard to keep track of and too much of an enhancement investment cause it requires too much junk to get to it with points best spent elsewhere on a Melee Cleric. Turns also just don't come back as quick now that the 2 minute regen is based on your last turn used verse when the turn was used.

ThePrincipal
09-24-2013, 04:53 PM
I respected my cleric and ran some EE and can tell you that if you want to be a melee cleric you need to keep the aura. It's just that important to you and to group. Very efficient healing. Allows you to heal from the front lines.

From warpriest I took the Divine Power, +2 str, +10 PPR, Smite line (healing smite cures for about the same hp as a burst but has the benefit of not interrupting the attack animation and is endless healing since its have infinite charges on a short timer), and the 4/4/4 group buff (which has a awesome graphic). I didn't grab blur or haste. Both are easy to get in other sources to spend AP on. Warpriest capstones look so-so and do not come close to aura.

From the Healing Domain, I only took the first 4 core abilities, leaving the last 2. I also said bye bye to intense and incredible healing. I took the extra turns, endless turns, healing aura, +2 cha, and efficient empower healing.

I spent a lot of racial AP... full dwarf con, toughness, axes, and spell saves.

firemedium_jt
09-25-2013, 12:13 PM
I respected my cleric and ran some EE and can tell you that if you want to be a melee cleric you need to keep the aura. It's just that important to you and to group. Very efficient healing. Allows you to heal from the front lines.

From warpriest I took the Divine Power, +2 str, +10 PPR, Smite line (healing smite cures for about the same hp as a burst but has the benefit of not interrupting the attack animation and is endless healing since its have infinite charges on a short timer), and the 4/4/4 group buff (which has a awesome graphic). I didn't grab blur or haste. Both are easy to get in other sources to spend AP on. Warpriest capstones look so-so and do not come close to aura.

From the Healing Domain, I only took the first 4 core abilities, leaving the last 2. I also said bye bye to intense and incredible healing. I took the extra turns, endless turns, healing aura, +2 cha, and efficient empower healing.

I spent a lot of racial AP... full dwarf con, toughness, axes, and spell saves.

So far the smite healing is like a burst heal for free. My fellow pure melees should enjoy it too. Once in a whhile it does not fire off though.

FuzzyDuck81
09-25-2013, 12:33 PM
So far the smite healing is like a burst heal for free. My fellow pure melees should enjoy it too. Once in a whhile it does not fire off though.

Loving the smite too... and the healing burst fires when you hit the enemy with the smite, so sometimes you'll miss & it's wasted but still, most of the time it works.. also, if you're 2weapon user you'll have a decent chance of a double burst, same as 2wf pallies can get a double smite :) Has great synergy with fists of light too if you're a monksplash, means plenty of extra healing for you & your party as you beat stuff...now if only quarterstaff were a deity weapon choice too you could have some pretty sick deepsplash divine/henshin builds :D

axel15810
10-02-2013, 11:39 AM
I've just come back to the game....the warpriest tree is ok...I was hoping for better. From first glance this is what I think...

DM change is awesome. The PRR bonus is helpful. The 5 DR is nice for low-mid levels.

But other than that...I'm not a huge fan. Can't ever give up aura in the RS tree. The warpriest healing option, healing strikes, are ok but aren't near as reliable as aura. And having both seems to be unessicary overhealing.

I think a full well built T5 warpriest would be competitive, but still a notch below a battle cleric that took aura and just splashed the warpriest tree and focused on feats like cleave and great cleave and the FoTW/Dreadnaught attacks instead of the smites. The 15 sec smite cooldown is crippling and it only attacks one enemy. And I believe it does not heal if you miss the attack if I'm not mistaken. The whole stikes idea seems to be fluff healing instead reliable of a source of healing. It would seem to be difficult to rely on stikes for healing.

But I haven't actually tested the abilities out yet so maybe when I do I'll change my mind.

Vellrad
10-02-2013, 12:21 PM
http://i1045.photobucket.com/albums/b459/vellrad/ScreenShot00583_zps122ae9b4.jpg

That's what I use.
I'll probably drop +1 CL when I finish leveling all destinies to max XP (50k fatesinger, 220k shadowdancer) for extra AB and will stay in sentinel forever.

Do I miss aura?
Yes, but whatever. Devs decided to take it away from me, so if anyone whines about its lack, they can go and whine to Turbine, because I don't care.

sirgog
10-02-2013, 06:47 PM
Reactive Heal seems situational. I like the idea for Raids and tanks, but it is hard to keep track of and too much of an enhancement investment cause it requires too much junk to get to it with points best spent elsewhere on a Melee Cleric. Turns also just don't come back as quick now that the 2 minute regen is based on your last turn used verse when the turn was used.

Reactive Heal is better than it looks.

Hit everyone with it (either during buffing at the quest start if the quest is hard enough to merit spending 30 sec buffing; otherwise on the run), and the first time they really need a heal, you don't need to stop swinging, they will just get the heal they need while you keep swinging away.

Don't bother refreshing it after it procs.

In quests with dangerous traps, don't hit people with it early, save it for use immediately before deadly traps. A good example is heroic elite or epic hard Lords of Dust, where it is a real lifesaver in the trap corridor if you do not have anyone with trapskills.