PDA

View Full Version : Is bastard sword worth it with out THF feats?

Dartwick
09-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I have a Purple Knight Paladin who uses a charisma for a weapon modifier(requires longsword, bastard sword or great sword) and uses a shield.

Im at my last feat choice now. I can take bastard sword, a second toughness or an increased saves feat. Would Bastard sword actually be worth it or is it a waste with no 2 handed fighing feats?

Teh_Troll
09-22-2013, 01:28 PM
No. With the post-MoTU non-proficiency penalties you won't hit squat.

Charononus
09-22-2013, 01:42 PM
No. With the post-MoTU non-proficiency penalties you won't hit squat.

he's saying if he takes the proficiency but doesn't have the thf line if it's worth it.

to the op

I doubt it but then again I don't like s&b to start with so I'm biased.

A_Sheep2
09-22-2013, 01:56 PM
I think it would be worth it. It doesn't sound like your other two feats are great choices... A cha-based paladin should have huge saves and you've already got 1 toughness, so the second could be a bit much.

BS proficiency gets you a tiny bit more damage per damage dice (~+1 damage per W) and 20% of your base damage on glancing blows on your 1st and 4th attacks while standing still, so something close to a 5% DPS increase while standing still (the glancing blows can't critical). Obviously, it still won't be a ton of damage.

Talon_Moonshadow
09-22-2013, 02:59 PM
Every time I finish a quest, my end reward list includes an awesome Bastard sword.... and never a long sword.....

.. just sayin.