PDA

View Full Version : stupid idea: dwarven deathknight

Makkuroi
09-22-2013, 08:05 AM
Hi, I was thinking about how to utilize "throw your weight around" best, and came to the conclusion that a melee-splashed lich would be best.

-18 levels of wizard, 2 paladin (or something else) for proficiencies and saves

-Max int and con

-dwarven axe + fanion (no spell failure) + shadowmail (no spell failure)

-tensors+rage+haste+displacement!

lots of HP which also improve the damage, without compromising DCs too much. Not really sure about the playstyle but i like the idea... probably sitting in the middle of persistant aoe, turtling up or mopping up stuff with the dwarven axe. Or CCing stuff and swapping to a greataxe should also be possible. Draconic incarnation might work well here as destiny, dreadnought might be fun, too.

this is not a cookie-cutter shiradi build, but just a fun idea utilizing some of the new enhancement stuff.

did anybody try something like this? what do you think?

mezzorco
09-22-2013, 08:11 AM
Remember that CON apply only to damage, whilst you use STR for attack bonus. With 11 BAB, you're going to miss more than you would unless you focus on STR too.

Soulfurnace
09-22-2013, 08:13 AM
Remember that CON apply only to damage, whilst you use STR for attack bonus. With 11 BAB, you're going to miss more than you would unless you focus on STR too.
He mentioned tensors.

Having said that, I would never play such a build personally.

*edit* considering I'm leveling a palemaster monk and, (aside from a few mishaps, like some goddamn broken wraps costing me 10DC!), doing fine, I should be fairer.

Going S&B sounds like a painful way to do this. If you were a cleaving THF using palemaster for hjealz and wizard for buffs, it'd work decently. (mainly because of the gained dmg from THF.)

Of course, still got the lack of CC to deal with, unless you also manage to get an amazing amount of int?

voodoogroves
09-22-2013, 08:20 AM
I looked at one for the hell of it, but it's not pretty.

I'm sure you could rock heroic with it - but then again a reality TV star could probably level to 20.