PDA

View Full Version : Acrobat + Pulverizer Crit Range Stacking?

Vissarion
09-19-2013, 06:34 PM
I don't have a character able to test this at the moment, but do the crit range expansions from Acrobat Tier V and Pulverizer stack? Not relevant for Sireth or Dreampiercer, but would be good to know for Stout Oak Walking Stick.

I have a Tier V Acrobat with the appropriate 17-20 x3 crit range. Does Pulverizer change this to 15-20 x3?

HastyPudding
09-19-2013, 07:14 PM
I've noticed that the acrobat enhancement for increased crit range doesn't stack with the improved critical bludgeon feat, either.

Vissarion
09-19-2013, 09:20 PM
I've noticed that the acrobat enhancement for increased crit range doesn't stack with the improved critical bludgeon feat, either.

Are you absolutely sure? I've been critting x4 on a 17 with IC: Bludgeon and the Tier V enhancement with my Rahl's Might. Granted, it only shows 19-20 in the inventory screen, but I have definitely observed 17-18 crits on real rolls.

Dmnqwk
09-21-2013, 06:43 AM
I was in Von, smacking mobs and confirm 17 was critting with iCrit and T5 Acrobat.
So it's definitely working that you get the range increase first, then it's doubled with iCrit.

Vissarion
09-21-2013, 08:50 AM
I was in Von, smacking mobs and confirm 17 was critting with iCrit and T5 Acrobat.
So it's definitely working that you get the range increase first, then it's doubled with iCrit.

Do you happen to know if Legendary Dreadnought's Pulverizer ability stacks with Acrobat? It should hypothetically increase the range to 15-20.

Drag-
09-21-2013, 08:58 AM
I have tested it out using the stout oak walking stick and it didn't stack so I am thinking they are both competence bonuses.

Vissarion
09-21-2013, 09:01 AM
I have tested it out using the stout oak walking stick and it didn't stack so I am thinking they are both competence bonuses.

Thanks for the info. I suspected as much, but it still kinda sucks.

Oh well, at least it doesn't affect Sireth or Dreampiercer since they wouldn't benefit from Pulverizer in the first place. Was kinda hoping for a beastly Stout Oak Walking stick until I got one or the other.

Willan
09-22-2013, 11:46 AM
They are both competence bonuses and that is why they do not stack btw.

Dreppo
09-25-2013, 07:48 PM

What are you saying doesn't stack with the walking stick? The acrobat T5 ability should stack with the walking stick, but IC:Bludgeoning should not stack with the walking stick.

MichelOue
09-25-2013, 08:20 PM
I just get the computer settings to show all points involved, and it just looks all of a sudden like more damage :) Ha...

I really could not care less for the new folklore, of icons, I have to sit 3 feet close to TV (I'm so old 1080p next step is a projector, and 3d, soooo, am I gonna stand up with a light sabre or 2 and start druling WII!!! not likely.. plot is more than might.

I miss the month long quests with weather,, foraging and random monsters from a huge monster manual, because of magic on self, before you even reach the place where you suspect some plot will unfold with a super monster and the equivalent treasure bonus for the kill.

Power also non linear XP, every minute where you just get from a to B is nothing, but a damage point or a kill , should equate XP, not a time fr completion.

Am I ranting, yes ok time foor a pill, I hate the wepon that makes the character. Eh, Yet I would love to pick pocket a magic hole full of gems ;) to watch the paladin freeking out at the inn what you mean I cant afford a room!!! Will the game ever live up to freeeee creative minds? It's a harsh reality that intelligence in a machine is novelty....

Be it I can wait another 50 years HAHAHAHA

MalarKan
09-26-2013, 08:50 AM
I personally dont know about pulverizer. Probably its been "fixed", but ever since U19, i havent really tried to use that ED feat anymore, im simply taking T5 Acrobat thing. And about that one, the crit range in the dice for base 20 crit rolls staves its been 17-20... base 19-20 staves crit rolls has been 15-20 ever since (staves with 19-20 that i recall are Epic Souleater, Epic Staff of Nat Gann and Breeze... those are the only ones i have on my acrobat xD ) ... and, well, 18-20 base crit range staves (Sireth) will still crit only on 15-20 rolls :( thats too bad, i was still kinda expecting an even higher crit range :D but oh well, 15-20 is still good enough.

PS: that is all having the Improved Critical: Bludgeon feat along with T5 Acrobat enhancement that increases crit threat range by one... acrobats are so fun now :)

kaipan
09-28-2013, 09:45 AM
What are you saying doesn't stack with the walking stick? The acrobat T5 ability should stack with the walking stick, but IC:Bludgeoning should not stack with the walking stick.

Pulverizer doesn't stack with Staff Specialization, that's what he's saying.

(tested just now with stick)