PDA

View Full Version : Just an idea for making dragotouched armors better

Gauthaag
09-18-2013, 06:29 AM
it s just an idea, but imho it could work. what about making dragontouched armors three slotted armors with one slot for each type of rune - but making those runes freely replacable. ie u can switch freely between runes u have farmed without destroying them in process.

this way u can have good versatile armor which can be situationally strong.

imho it would bring more people to reavers reach and make those armors something more than just piece for one or two levels. just now lot of those are unused and generally unwanted

bsquishwizzy
09-18-2013, 01:21 PM
it s just an idea, but imho it could work. what about making dragontouched armors three slotted armors with one slot for each type of rune - but making those runes freely replacable. ie u can switch freely between runes u have farmed without destroying them in process.

this way u can have good versatile armor which can be situationally strong.

imho it would bring more people to reavers reach and make those armors something more than just piece for one or two levels. just now lot of those are unused and generally unwanted

Honestly, people are coming to Reavers Reach for the XP / min thing (as I am not being told).

But you're kinda right: the Dregontouched stuff could use a slight revamp.

TrinityTurtle
09-18-2013, 02:08 PM
The major flaw in this plan that I see is yet more junk to keep track of, the benefit is of no use without a bunch of sigils hanging around (hopefully in a bag). I can only speak for myself, but I would like to see the focus shift away from large collections of stuff.

SisAmethyst
09-18-2013, 02:40 PM
The major flaw in this plan that I see is yet more junk to keep track of, the benefit is of no use without a bunch of sigils hanging around (hopefully in a bag). I can only speak for myself, but I would like to see the focus shift away from large collections of stuff.

I understood the OP mean something along the line of converting all the existing Eldritch, Tempest and Sovereign Rune into Augments.

Something like Eldritch is mainly Resistance, Feather Falling, Deathblock etc. and would convert into a yellow slot. Tempest are stats, protection and specials like Corrosive Salt Guard and would convert into a blue slot, and the Sovereign is mainly specials like Disintegration Guard, Smiting and Potency and would become a purple slot. All Runes for which not yet exist an equivalent Augment would then be either a new dedicated named yellow, red or blue augment of level 12-16, while the base Dragontouched Armor itself would just have a yellow, blue and purple slot.

This way you could place other Augments into the armor while you not have found the named one, or likewise the other way around, you could use a named Augment from Reavers Refuge like Healing Amplification into a different armor or shield with a corresponding coloured slot. Also as you can re-slot current items the same would then be true for Dragontouched.

Archangel_666
09-18-2013, 05:22 PM
I understood the OP mean something along the line of converting all the existing Eldritch, Tempest and Sovereign Rune into Augments.

Something like Eldritch is mainly Resistance, Feather Falling, Deathblock etc. and would convert into a yellow slot. Tempest are stats, protection and specials like Corrosive Salt Guard and would convert into a blue slot, and the Sovereign is mainly specials like Disintegration Guard, Smiting and Potency and would become a purple slot. All Runes for which not yet exist an equivalent Augment would then be either a new dedicated named yellow, red or blue augment of level 12-16, while the base Dragontouched Armor itself would just have a yellow, blue and purple slot.

This way you could place other Augments into the armor while you not have found the named one, or likewise the other way around, you could use a named Augment from Reavers Refuge like Healing Amplification into a different armor or shield with a corresponding coloured slot. Also as you can re-slot current items the same would then be true for Dragontouched.

The problem with that idea is that it wouldn't work the way the OP is expecting.

Unless they made the Dragontouched Armour (Vestments, Leather, Plate etc.) exceptional by giving them something like 4 or 5 slots, all that would happen is that people would farm the content for the new Augments and then promptly add them to anything but Dragontouched, because there are much better items out there now.

All this really amounts to is asking for the Runes to be turned into Augments, not for Dragontouched itself to be improved.

That said, I'd be all for adding an Augment Slot to Dragontouched, and perhaps a few new recipies. I know my Monk would be in heaven if she could have +1 Enhanced Ki on her HAmp Outfit.

redspecter23
09-18-2013, 05:33 PM
To expand a bit on what the OP is suggesting, maybe make the armor itself a clickable UI system. Every time you collect a new rune you add it to your "stable" of runes. This would act similar to the pet stable and once you find one rune you can keep using it over and over again. Anytime, even during a quest, you can click any of your runes to add it to your armor. Add a moderate animation so that you can't switch extremely quickly and repeatedly. This would be separate from the colored augment system on other gear and can keep the same descriptors (eldritch, sovereign, etc.). In addition perhaps add some new runes and take out the trashy duplicate ones and you could have a decent system. It adds a collection aspect for players that find that attractive and gives you the option of having a single set of dragontouched armor that you can customize between lives or even between quests. If you need to switch from robes to heavy armor, you only need to get a new set of armor. Your runes are already farmed out. You could add a blue and/or yellow slot if the overall power level is still seen as too low for maximum customization.

Gauthaag
09-19-2013, 04:08 AM
To expand a bit on what the OP is suggesting, maybe make the armor itself a clickable UI system. Every time you collect a new rune you add it to your "stable" of runes. This would act similar to the pet stable and once you find one rune you can keep using it over and over again. Anytime, even during a quest, you can click any of your runes to add it to your armor. Add a moderate animation so that you can't switch extremely quickly and repeatedly. This would be separate from the colored augment system on other gear and can keep the same descriptors (eldritch, sovereign, etc.). In addition perhaps add some new runes and take out the trashy duplicate ones and you could have a decent system. It adds a collection aspect for players that find that attractive and gives you the option of having a single set of dragontouched armor that you can customize between lives or even between quests. If you need to switch from robes to heavy armor, you only need to get a new set of armor. Your runes are already farmed out. You could add a blue and/or yellow slot if the overall power level is still seen as too low for maximum customization.

thats exactly what i ment - to have an armor which can be optimized on way, just by changing runes. sure, u ll have to carry your rune bag around and farm those runes, but thats just cost for having fine versatile armor. it should work like augment system ui with jeweler kits:)