PDA

View Full Version : Zerjmoar - Whirling Warpiest of the Stars - U19.2 Divine DPS Build - 12FVS/6MNK/2RGR

kalaka
09-17-2013, 03:52 PM
Zerjmoar
12 Favored Soul/6 Monk/2 Ranger/8 Epic
5 Legendary Dreadnought
Lawful Neutral
Human

So this build concept began as a joke really when I LR20ed my Juggernaut to a 12clr/4rgr/4arti(lol) and actually enjoyed it a lot. I began to look at a better way to build the char for a TR and once Warpriest was released I came up with this as my final idea (a lot of credit to Iccir).

The Build

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/8558/3hfw.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/3hfw.jpg/)

My Wizard is using my globe and missing 5str tome from Mabar so down 3 str. Missing colorless slot on ring (2 cha) which is another str so down 4 str.

RGR FVS MNK MNK RGR MNK MNK MNK MNK FVS->20

Stats

STR-17
DEX-15
CON-13
INT-8
WIS-12
CHA-14

Feats

1 - WF Slash
3 - Cleave
6 - Precise Shot
9 - iTWF
12 - Master of Forms
15 - gTWF
18 - Quicken

21 - Manyshot
24 - Improved Precise Shot
27 - iCrit: Ranged/Grandmaster of Forms/Blinding Speed

26 - Perfect TWF
28 - Holy Strike

Human - Point Blank Shot

Monk1 - Power Attack
Monk2 - Whirling Steel Strike
Monk3 - Light Path
Monk6 - Zen Archery

FVS1 - Favored of the Sovereign Host
FVS6 - Child of the Sovereign Host
FVS12 - Beloved of the Sovereign Host

Gear

Goggles - Deadly10 of Accuracy10
Helm - Helm of the Black Dragon (3 dex) - false life and globe
neck cha10 resist10
trink shamatic fetish - prr
cloak adamantine cloak of wolf
belt gs min2 hp (thinking about fortified belt of speed here)
ring skirmishers ring - cha2
ring avithoul - wis7 (hotswap wizX for buffing)
gloves pdk gloves
boots str10 seeker10
bracers skirmishers bracers
armor black dragon - good luck 2
weapons oathblades with force crit

Enhancements

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6316/nj3x.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/94/nj3x.jpg/)

Epic Destiny

http://img823.imageshack.us/img823/1434/xzgb.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/823/xzgb.jpg/)

Munkenmo
09-17-2013, 04:00 PM
I'd use shortswords or wraps instead of longswords.

Use the 2 feats you pick up to qualify for manyshot.

You won't be able to take master at forms at 12, as you don't yet have the 6 monk levels granting adept.

Bilger
09-17-2013, 04:17 PM
I'd use shortswords or wraps instead of longswords.

Use the 2 feats you pick up to qualify for manyshot.

You won't be able to take master at forms at 12, as you don't yet have the 6 monk levels granting adept.

As a human Longswords are sovereign host and give bonuses to damage from warpriest line.

As far as 10k 44 wisdom at least is needed for it to be even close to manyshot. Even then won't proc 4 arrows every shot. I have a monkcher who uses both with 44 wis and still manyshot is a lot better.

As he said will have to wait until take 6th lvl of monk to take master stance. Could switch IPS with it not sure but will have to switch something.

At just a glance that is what see and have fun.

Munkenmo
09-17-2013, 04:26 PM
As a human Longswords are sovereign host and give bonuses to damage from warpriest line.

As far as 10k 44 wisdom at least is needed for it to be even close to manyshot. Even then won't proc 4 arrows every shot. I have a monkcher who uses both with 44 wis and still manyshot is a lot better.

As he said will have to wait until take 6th lvl of monk to take master stance. Could switch IPS with it not sure but will have to switch something.

At just a glance that is what see and have fun.

And silver flame gives boosts to bows, regardless the difference to longsword dps is more than made up by squeezing in manyshot.

The main reason I pointed out the master of forms issue, is that with his split, he doesn't have 6monk levels until level 19. you've gotta have 6monk by 18, or your stuck using an epic feat slot on stances.

Bilger
09-17-2013, 05:55 PM
And silver flame gives boosts to bows, regardless the difference to longsword dps is more than made up by squeezing in manyshot.

The main reason I pointed out the master of forms issue, is that with his split, he doesn't have 6monk levels until level 19. you've gotta have 6monk by 18, or your stuck using an epic feat slot on stances.
I don't need to point that out to zerg, but apparently I do to you.

What are you talking about I agreed on the monk thing with you so what are you saying. If want to be rude I could tell you to get some reading comprehension, but appereantly I am not as rude as you.

He has soveriegn in his post so pointed out why he wants LS which would increase his dps with them also he is a whirling build.

I understand it saves a couple feats like wf and whirling if go ss but loses out on dam enhancements in warpriest(he is not a monkcher). Maybe someone needs to understand his build a lil better before being rude to someone who agreed with them on master of forms and disagreed on ls point.

kalaka
09-17-2013, 06:49 PM
What are you talking about I agreed on the monk thing with you so what are you saying. If want to be rude I could tell you to get some reading comprehension, but appereantly I am not as rude as you.

He has soveriegn in his post so pointed out why he wants LS which would increase his dps with them also he is a whirling build.

I understand it saves a couple feats like wf and whirling if go ss but loses out on dam enhancements in warpriest(he is not a monkcher). Maybe someone needs to understand his build a lil better before being rude to someone who agreed with them on master of forms and disagreed on ls point.

This. I am not a monkcher. The point of WSS is DMG enh in war priest and being centered. Thanks for the catch on monk levels. I will change the leveling order. Will be 38 wis in earth stance without yugo pot. I said comparable not equal.

Bilger
09-17-2013, 07:37 PM
This. I am not a monkcher. The point of WSS is DMG enh in war priest and being centered. Thanks for the catch on monk levels. I will change the leveling order. Will be 38 wis in earth stance without yugo pot. I said comparable not equal.

Yep it will be comparable not as good as but for what you are doing with this build I agree 6 monk is way better than ranger. I recently converted my FVS into a 14/4/2 mix whirling build and love it also. Can't wait for the warpriest to hit live will just make the build that much better.

Have fun with this one it will be a blast.

kalaka
09-17-2013, 09:10 PM
Yep it will be comparable not as good as but for what you are doing with this build I agree 6 monk is way better than ranger. I recently converted my FVS into a 14/4/2 mix whirling build and love it also. Can't wait for the warpriest to hit live will just make the build that much better.

Have fun with this one it will be a blast.

Ya it isn't as good but still good. Thanks man I will try to!

Munkenmo
09-17-2013, 11:11 PM
Atm your feat list is missing 1 * monk bonus feat,
You also can't take Overwhelming critical at 27 without first picking up cleave and great cleave.

I'd pick up WSS in that monk bonus feat slot
Pick up Cleave at level 6, Great Cleave at 24, Overwhelming critical at 27.

No IC ranged, or GM forms, but ahwell.

Bilger
09-17-2013, 11:39 PM
Atm your feat list is missing 1 * monk bonus feat,
You also can't take Overwhelming critical at 27 without first picking up cleave and great cleave.

I'd pick up WSS in that monk bonus feat slot
Pick up Cleave at level 6, Great Cleave at 24, Overwhelming critical at 27.

No IC ranged, or GM forms, but ahwell.

Nice catch and agree with him, that is best option especially since ranged isn't main focus.

kalaka
09-18-2013, 01:04 PM
Nice catch and agree with him, that is best option especially since ranged isn't main focus.

Thanks! Dunno how I missed this stuff lol. Been gone from game for a while and it shows! I will prob take IC ranged until I get Tinah and use oath blades.

Carpone
09-22-2013, 05:44 PM
What's the enhancement breakdown? Personally I'm not a fan of Warpriest. +5 hit/dmg with a favored weapon isn't much of a reason to use longswords or be 12 FvS.

kalaka
09-23-2013, 02:52 PM
What's the enhancement breakdown? Personally I'm not a fan of Warpriest. +5 hit/dmg with a favored weapon isn't much of a reason to use longswords or be 12 FvS.

Haven't come up with enh yet. Will do tonight once I see them on live. Honestly its a flavor build to me not optimal.

kalaka
09-24-2013, 01:47 AM

Posted **ROUGH** draft of enhancements. Updated feats. So I didn't realize 10k stars was a feat now so I had a choice whether to take it or take manyshot. I chose manyshot. I dropped great cleave and OC for icrit ranged and manyshot.

kalaka
09-24-2013, 04:07 PM
Feats finalized. Will be changing stats after I use LR tonight. Took light Path. Dropped IC ranged for quicken. Will finalize enh tonight.

Munkenmo
09-24-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm going to harp on about shortswords again.

You miss out on a +4 longsword enhancement bonus, but could still qualify for overwhelming critical with the 2 feats you gain.

kalaka
09-24-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm going to harp on about shortswords again.

You miss out on a +4 longsword enhancement bonus, but could still qualify for overwhelming critical with the 2 feats you gain.

Would lose 15 dmg a hit both hands. No thanks.

Munkenmo
09-24-2013, 06:08 PM
Would lose 15 dmg a hit both hands. No thanks.

how does losing a +4 bonus equate to 15dmg a hit?

kalaka
09-24-2013, 09:07 PM
how does losing a +4 bonus equate to 15dmg a hit?

5 enhancement. 3d4 light DMG. 3 fvs DMG. So actually 15.5.

Munkenmo
09-25-2013, 01:24 AM
well bugger me.

I may have actually found a drow build.

*edit* nope, still can't make the feats work. If only cleave were a monk bonus feat.

kalaka
09-25-2013, 02:06 AM
well bugger me.

*edit* nope, still can't make the feats work. If only cleave were a monk bonus feat.

How do the feats not work? You lose a feat from human but gain 2 from WSS and WF... So gain a feat over this build.

kalaka
09-25-2013, 02:07 AM
How do the feats not work? You lose a feat from human but gain 2 from WSS and WF... So gain a feat over this build.

Also Elven 12/6fighter/2monk/rgr could work with scimmys.

Munkenmo
09-25-2013, 03:37 AM
The feats don't work whilst keeping 6monk for shadowfade:
Weapon focus is basicaly counted as the lost human feat.
Since WSS is taken as a martial feat, there's nothing useful you can put in a martial slot that's not already covered.

You couldn't be centered with your elven scimy idea. (not without 8fighter levels)

Munkenmo
09-25-2013, 04:47 AM
A Drow 12fvs/6ranger/2monk variant of your op is really tempting me.

1R Point Blank Shot
2M Power attack
3R Cleave
4M Zen Archery
5R
6R Great Cleave
7R
8R
9F Adept of Forms
10F
12F Master of Forms
15F gTWF
18F Quicken
21 Overwhelming Crit
24 IC Pierce
26 Perfect TWF
27 Improved Precise Shot
28 Holy Strike

Stats
17str + levels
15dex
13con
10int
8wis
16cha

Enhancements

Drow
1 core 1
2 xendrik weapons

Warpriest
1 core 1
3 divine might
2 righteous weapons
3 Toughness
1 core 2
2 Smite Weakness
3 wall of steel
2 righteous weapons
1 core 3
2 righteous weapons
2 strength
1 core 4
2 Ameliorating Strike
1 Light Guard
2 Righteous weapons
2 Strength
2 Wrathful Weapons
1 Divine Vessel

Ninja
1 Core 1
2 Sneak Attack
2 Acrobatic
2 Sneak Attack

Shintao
1 core 1
6 Deft Strikes

Tempest
1 Core 1
2 Whirling Blades
3 Improved Reaction
1 Core 2
6 Improved Parry
2 Whirling Blades
6 Haste boost
2 Whirling Blades
2 Whirling Blades
1 The Growing Storm

AA
1 Core 1
2 Conjure Arrows

Deepwood
1 Core 1

AbyssalMage
09-25-2013, 01:18 PM
well bugger me.

Been thinking Drow the whole time sense looking at Warpriest. Actually, it makes Drow look like a premium race now.

TWF + Warpriest + Drow Racial + SS + Ninja Spy = Centered
Oh, and lots of damage thanks to both Tree's if they stack. Just not sure if there is enough AP to spread around :(
I was thinking Elf but can't remain centered with Scimmy's (or at least I don't think you can. And I can't think of any end game Scimmy's :( )

saco
09-26-2013, 04:04 PM
5 enhancement. 3d4 light DMG. 3 fvs DMG. So actually 15.5.

That is under the assumption you have a constant vorpal hit every 6 sec which isn't going to happen unless I'm missing something. Seen that line and find that underwhealming when only vorpals proc the 3d4 light dmg so it's not a flat out +15 dmg unless of course you have something that will generate a vorpal every 6 sec.

Also you spending no feats into metamagics because your trying to be a ranger while playing a divine. I question how much your sacrificing by trying to do this. Incredibly feat intensive and using no class combo to help alleviate the problem. Think that going melee and archer is just way too intensive.

kalaka
09-26-2013, 08:21 PM
That is under the assumption you have a constant vorpal hit every 6 sec which isn't going to happen unless I'm missing something. Seen that line and find that underwhealming when only vorpals proc the 3d4 light dmg so it's not a flat out +15 dmg unless of course you have something that will generate a vorpal every 6 sec.

Also you spending no feats into metamagics because your trying to be a ranger while playing a divine. I question how much your sacrificing by trying to do this. Incredibly feat intensive and using no class combo to help alleviate the problem. Think that going melee and archer is just way too intensive.

In a boss situation with haste boost running constantly TWF its always up. 6 Monk gains 5 feats. 2 ranger gains 3 feats. How am I using no class combination to alleviate this? Also I took quicken. And yes it is essentially a ranger except with more healz/buffz. What exactly would maximize, empower, or empower heal do for me as a 12fvs?

kalaka
10-04-2013, 02:15 AM
added gear

kalaka
10-04-2013, 02:29 AM
added enhancements and ED and finalized build feats stats etc

kalaka
10-04-2013, 02:32 AM
I'm not dead set on twists. Not sure if I'm going to run Sense Weakness vs Hail of Blows or possibly ditch cocoon and run Sense, Hail, and Dance.

Rathic
10-04-2013, 05:34 AM
+3 str helm is kind of a waste because it doesn't stack with DM

kalaka
10-04-2013, 11:30 PM
+3 str helm is kind of a waste because it doesn't stack with DM

Wow seriously? Thanks for the heads up... Con3 or Dex3 it is.

kalaka
10-05-2013, 02:12 PM
swapped health/dodge ring for skirmishers ring slotted with cha2 and helm for dex3 helm

Guartwog
01-10-2014, 12:30 PM
I didn't have too much time to look at this carefully, but at a glance I noticed that iTWF and gTWF are listed, but not TWF. Where does that fit in? Is that a miscount on number of feats allowed, or would you have to drop something to get it in there? If so, what would you suggest dropping?

kgoodson3
01-10-2014, 12:58 PM
I didn't have too much time to look at this carefully, but at a glance I noticed that iTWF and gTWF are listed, but not TWF. Where does that fit in? Is that a miscount on number of feats allowed, or would you have to drop something to get it in there? If so, what would you suggest dropping?

Ranger Level 2 auto grants Two Weapon Fighting for free.

samsonov
01-26-2014, 05:59 AM
How would this build work with cleric instead of fvs? I know that divine might is going to be a little bit lower with cleric...