PDA

View Full Version : Old Epic Gear Revamp Idea

Chai
09-16-2013, 03:37 PM
Put commendations in all epic raids.

Allow us to use commendations to upgrade any loot item from a previous epic raid to have +10 on the same stat it has a lower plus on.

Allow us to use commendations to upgrade any loot item from a previous epic raid to have 138 spell power if it had lower spell power.

Allow us to use commendations to upgrade any loot item from a previous epic raid to have a stat.

Each upgraded item would have a higher ML to reflect the more modern stat.

This would make all epic raid loot worth farming again.

Havok.cry
09-16-2013, 04:00 PM
Well since they made all the standardized boring affixes, they could also add in increase the affix's number for a comendation. Then you could get your items up from flaming I all the way to flaming X (or whatever number).

QuantumFX
09-18-2013, 02:42 AM
For ToD gear:
- Make Wonderous Craftsmanship lower the AML for slotted items by 2 levels.
- Make all the rings: Wonderous Craftsmanship, Colorless Slot (Pre Filled with +6 Stat), Yellow Slot (Pre Filled with +1 Ex. Stat), Set Bonus, Incredible Potential
- Make the necklace/belt: Wonderous Craftsmanship, Colorless Slot (Pre Filled with +6 Stat), Set Bonus, Other effect stays the same.

Chai
05-20-2014, 10:05 AM
This should still be on the table. Allowing us to upgrade old loot to more modern stats would make every raid in the game relevant again. All those chronoscope sets, claw sets, and items from old epic raids would come out of the bank and be used again, in their new more modern form.

Bridge_Dweller
05-20-2014, 10:22 AM
I like this. I looks like content becomes old and unsexy when the loot is no longer good, this would keep more content relevant for stuff besides XP.

TheGuyYouKnow
05-20-2014, 11:34 AM
making old gear upgradable into the best gear is not the way although i will admit a lot of it is useless now

MadCookieQueen
05-20-2014, 01:38 PM
with epic TRs I find that the old level 20 stuff has been pretty awesome in using as your gear for all those pesky lower epic levels. So I personally wouldn't want to raise the ML on those (especially not if I'm doing umpteen billion lives) and I wouldn't want to farm out 2 of them to have one for down the road.

Of course that's just me.

But really respect the heck out of your idea.