PDA

View Full Version : Some dungeons completely unplayable

jwelch
09-16-2013, 02:53 PM
With the Mac client, some dungeons, i.e. "The Riddle" are completely unplayable. At some point the entire screen goes blue, and I can't see anything, including my character.

This happens all over the place, and had been getting better, but still that one, parts of VON (Haywire foundry), simply go all blue/orange/whatever, and you can't see anything unless you very slowly rotate.

trying to bounce the client may work, but half the time, you have to reboot as the client won't relaunch in that state. Since the client writes nothing to the logs whatsoever, (a VERY bad, and almost rude thing for a beta to do. If you're releasing public betas, have said beta log. Thoroughly), there's no way to tell what's going on.

So you get bug reports like this which say "IT DON'T WORK RIGHT, MAKE IT WORK GOODER".

Charononus
09-16-2013, 03:05 PM
With the Mac client, some dungeons, i.e. "The Riddle" are completely unplayable. At some point the entire screen goes blue, and I can't see anything, including my character.

This happens all over the place, and had been getting better, but still that one, parts of VON (Haywire foundry), simply go all blue/orange/whatever, and you can't see anything unless you very slowly rotate.

trying to bounce the client may work, but half the time, you have to reboot as the client won't relaunch in that state. Since the client writes nothing to the logs whatsoever, (a VERY bad, and almost rude thing for a beta to do. If you're releasing public betas, have said beta log. Thoroughly), there's no way to tell what's going on.

So you get bug reports like this which say "IT DON'T WORK RIGHT, MAKE IT WORK GOODER".

Have you ran with the windows client? Is this similar to what happens in monestary of the scorpian? I don't have a mac currently but I plan to go back to one in about six months so I've been following the mac client a bit.

ClinicalDaz
11-01-2013, 05:21 AM
This is becoming unplayable..

this is me dead after just entering a dungeon, necromancers lair. Couldn't see, walked straight into trap. Surely this is a MUST-FIX-NOW issue?

http://imgur.com/c7r3Tlu

Dimwhit1
01-02-2014, 03:06 PM
Every time I launch DDO, every single loading screen downloads. About 30 in all. It sometimes takes 5 minutes before I even get to the login screen. The Windows client jumps straight to it (barring an update). This is killing me.

And the screen blanking out are killing me. I spend an hour doing the Undermine question until the final tunnel, which turned black. So I logged out to log right back in again (which has fixed it in the past). But it took so long I got booted out of the mission. That was a wonderful waste of an hour.

Heritage_Fleet
01-04-2014, 11:15 AM
I really thought this was an issue I had due to my Mac specs. I have found it to be erratic sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't even when running the same quests.

FangFarrier
01-12-2014, 04:58 AM
Every time I launch DDO, every single loading screen downloads. About 30 in all. It sometimes takes 5 minutes before I even get to the login screen. The Windows client jumps straight to it (barring an update). This is killing me.

And the screen blanking out are killing me. I spend an hour doing the Undermine question until the final tunnel, which turned black. So I logged out to log right back in again (which has fixed it in the past). But it took so long I got booted out of the mission. That was a wonderful waste of an hour.

Have a look here (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/408765-How-to-disable-Loading-Screen-download-on-launch)

To find the right part look for Happy Cloud in Shared (if you chose play instantly) and look in Cache for the DDO app. then follow the instructions in the other threads - works wonders!

FF