PDA

View Full Version : TR Lvling builds help

Sehenry03
09-16-2013, 10:53 AM
Hi everyone. I decided I want to get my Arty some past lives to compliment a final Arty build.

I am looking for builds with the sole purpose of hitting 20 just so I can TR again.

A build to get Ranger and Monk and Fighter Past life bonuses. Will be doing 9 run throughs so speed will be a priority. I would prefer to keep my Arty gear as much as possible. Will be using a GS Heavy Repeater if possible and keeping Arty lvls for bonuses and buffs and trapping if possible. Either a link or a quick runthrough with stat placement feats and general enhancement selections. Maybe even some gear I can farm with my 20 Arty before he TR's again so he is even more prepared.

Rubbinns
09-16-2013, 11:18 AM
I wouldn't really bother with the fighter active past life feat of +1 to hit and tactical DCs for a ranged build.

The ranger lives should be really easy for your gear set up and combat style. Dont have to actually take more than 8 Ranger evels on your lives for heroics. Front load what ever class splits you wish to splash on top of that so you'll play out the same as you had set up before. I'm guessing Arty/Rogue levels for your ranger 8/6/6 or 9/6/5 what ever you're fine playing with. And what enhancements/feats you want.

Sehenry03
09-16-2013, 01:00 PM
Ok so skipping fighter past lives. Should I do druid for the pet bonus?

and is there a way to do monk and arty combo?

Rubbinns
09-16-2013, 04:03 PM

I don't use the pets for anything other than pull this lever, stand on that tile commands. But I guess your pet will be uber :P

You can combine Monk and Arty levels. @ 2 monk grants access to evasion, saves increase, full BAB point, 2 matrial feats- which have ranged applications. If youre staying with repeating crossbow than you wont really want more Monk levels.

Sehenry03
09-16-2013, 07:53 PM
For monk past life I would need more lvls of monk then any other class though

Rubbinns
09-16-2013, 10:34 PM
Right, lol sorry got confused.
You would probably want to go Wisdom build then and swap to Bows. Monkcher builds are very popular and seriously dish out ranged dps with 10k stars and Manyshot- as most are Ranger splashed eithher 6 or 2 levels.

happybaby
09-21-2013, 12:07 AM
I'm interested in what others suggest as I'm in a similar boat.

In particular, does anyone have any suggestions for # Arti / # Rgr / # Rogue mixes?

Here is a post describing an Arti/Rgr combo that you might be able to work into a build for a past life.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424689-Manyshot-Artificer?p=5089060&viewfull=1#post5089060

Singular
09-21-2013, 10:28 PM

Lots of quick points :)

1. Get the ranger past lives first. For that, you could do it in either of two ways: archer or repeater. If going archer, follow any of the moncher or bow builds and make sure Ranger has the most levels. If going repeater, see below.

2. Monk lives are good, too - stacking damage.

3. Sorc lives (3) and one wiz life will give you +4 to evocation DC's, thereby making your rune arm and spells land their full damage more often. That's a lot.

4. Rogue lives give you nice trap saves and (pathetic) sneak attack damage. Not a bad idea, if you have ridiculous amounts of time on your hands or XP stones :)

Ok, to get any of these with repeater builds, use a 6/6/8 leveling plan.

For monk:

1-2 Artie (to get rune arm damage)
3-4 Monk (to get your fast speed)
5-8 Artie (to get Endless Fusillade)
9-15 Rogue, for sneak attack damage or Fighter for Kensai or Ranger if you just want feats
16-20 - Monk.

For Ranger, just put Ranger where Monk is, although consider moving where you take your Ranger levels around. You could take 2 lvls of Ranger at 3-4 for the sprint boost and extra feats, that would work, or wait until you hit 6 as an artie, then take some ranger - that would work too, and you'd get EF sooner.

For Rogue, I'd recommend going:

1-2 Artie (to get rune arm damage)
3-4 Barbarian (to get fast speed + higher hitpoints and BAB)
5-8 Artie (to get Endless Fusillade)
9-20 Rogue, for sneak attack damage

Alternatively, you can do 9 levels of artie and rogue plus 2 levels of barb. Every class except for Druid will take precedence over artie for your past lives. Don't worry about their levels matching.

Singular
09-21-2013, 10:32 PM

Druid is good for the pet bonus. If you have 3 past lives of Druid and take Augment Construct, your doggie will survive a lot longer. It will probably still be worthless in EE content, though - well, you might be able to build a really tough tank, since the dogs continue to gain benefits after lvl 20. It will cost you 2 APs to use a doggie in EE content though since it's going to die and you don't want to lose HP and SP every time it does.

A friend of mine did that and said the +10 to his hirelings, summons and dog makes them much tougher and capable of dealing damage. He mostly runs heroic content, though.

droid327
09-24-2013, 12:08 PM
6 Arti/6 Rgr/8 XXX is basically an all-purpose, turn-and-burn Heroic TR build. Artis give repeaters and INT-to-dmg plus trapping and UMD, Ranger DWS gives you attacks to use with repeaters, mainly Sniper Shot. Your build is basically done by L12 (minus the AP to flesh out your enhancements), and the last 8 levels can be whatever you need the PL for. If you're just doing Arti and Rgr PLs, so much the better.