PDA

View Full Version : Fire savant's frireball SLA works differently than normal fb

matezzo2
09-16-2013, 03:34 AM
See title. Question: anyone else has noticed this? is this normal? I just found this and am very dissappointed.
The problem is that I usually target my fireball to hit the ground beneath the mobs, and with normal fireball spell I can target with mouse and hit the ground, but the fireball sla just flies above the floor so only hits when i directly hit a mob, however if I target them they can easily step aside and my fb just flies pass them. sorry if it has been discussed before I couldn't find it. Is there any trick maybe I should know about?

I respecced my sorc to air and found that it is very hard to hit mobs if there is even a small level difference between us. Scortch worked much better in this regard than electric loop. Now I'm thinking i will just respec to water as I have much less problem with ray spells (and I can still have acid rain as aoe)

darthhento
09-16-2013, 04:50 AM
...Now I'm thinking i will just respec to water as I have much less problem with ray spells (and I can still have acid rain as aoe)

I guess you won't be happy when you see mobs EVADE Frost Lance SLA.

Wizza
09-16-2013, 06:06 AM

Isn't Frost Lance a Fortitude save?

Daemoneyes
09-16-2013, 06:40 AM
yepp its annoying, every SLA needs to be hard targeted which makes them useless. (at least the ae versions)
Thats why i never took Acidball on my Earth savants.

@Frost Lance
thats probably still the display bug where you get shown "evaded" when the mob makes the safe, even when he only can get half damage. (so no worry he gets half damage)

cdr
09-16-2013, 01:51 PM
Most sorc SLAs are coded differently and work worse than the spells they're supposed to be replicating. It's especially noticeable with Fireball and Acid Blast.

Chai
09-16-2013, 05:05 PM

Display bug. Ive seen mobs who do not have evasion make their save, take half damage, and it still says evade over their head.

Spoonwelder
09-16-2013, 05:40 PM
Most sorc SLAs are coded differently and work worse than the spells they're supposed to be replicating. It's especially noticeable with Fireball and Acid Blast.
Yup - it's been that way for a while......

My solution was to manage my facing w/r/t the mobs such that there was a wall behind the mobs when I used the fire/acid ball spells. That would catch them targetted or not. Still not nearly as effective as the normal spell and the jump cast-target down-death from above.....but it at least made the spell function somewhat.

matezzo
09-17-2013, 07:24 AM
hmm so i guess no point sending a bug report :(. Do the forst lance/lightning bolt sla-s work as its spell counterparts at least? (besides display bugs)

painkiller3
09-28-2013, 06:28 PM

I respecced my sorc to air and found that it is very hard to hit mobs if there is even a small level difference between us. Scortch worked much better in this regard than electric loop. Now I'm thinking i will just respec to water as I have much less problem with ray spells (and I can still have acid rain as aoe)

I have not had this problem with heightened electric loop

Sokól
09-30-2013, 10:43 AM
I have not had this problem with heightened electric loop

same 1 of the best SLA´s out there.

Havok.cry
09-30-2013, 11:22 AM
The arti slas blast rod and lightning sphere also do not have this problem.