PDA

View Full Version : Deathnips or Drow Khopesh?

RS-Makk
09-13-2013, 08:56 PM
I'm working up my build (either 12 F / 6 R / 2M or 8 F / 6 R / 6 M.. still trying to figure out which of the two I prefer) and trying to figure out if I should go with Deathnips or Drow Peshes.. I have both, was just hoping some folks could help me with the DPS comparison. (I don't have any of the CITW weapons.. yet.. will grind them out on this life).

Thanks

Nightmanis
09-14-2013, 11:34 AM
I'm working up my build (either 12 F / 6 R / 2M or 8 F / 6 R / 6 M.. still trying to figure out which of the two I prefer) and trying to figure out if I should go with Deathnips or Drow Peshes.. I have both, was just hoping some folks could help me with the DPS comparison. (I don't have any of the CITW weapons.. yet.. will grind them out on this life).

Thanks

Go with the nips just because of the awesome crits. Last I knew the difference in dps was minute, at best. Plus it has seeker 10 on the nips so you don't have to worry about slotting that anywhere. Also helps since I assume you'll also be using Pinion. Earth Stance with the Nips, OC, and whatever destiny means you'll have some super smexy crits.

Teen
09-14-2013, 11:42 AM

Thanks

My 8 F / 6 R / 6 M uses Deathnips and I personally love them.

psykopeta
09-14-2013, 12:36 PM

Thanks

deathnips are the law!!!

deathnips> any other heavy pick at epic lvl!!! oh wait, that was before the random trash gen being OP!

nvm!! we love deathnips! we want moar deathnips!!specially a ml1 with seeker 1 or whatever!XD

if u're playing/aiming at epic lvls well, there's some ED out there that fits specially well with deathnips and new kensai enhancements make em...well, also with OC, well... oh man that hurts, sadly they're only 1x5*1d6 base but what's the crit? 7?dunno, heartseeker needs a rework, top crit can be x4!!XD

giftie
09-14-2013, 01:15 PM

Thanks

Too many unknown variables in your setup to do a straight-off comparison, but in a nutshell: in LD use Khopeshes, in Fury use Deathnips.

jskinner937
09-14-2013, 06:37 PM
I really depends on how you are building your toon. If you are building for maximum crit profile, then deathnips are boss. However, if you are seeking maximum crit profile, you might consider splashing some pally and picking up exalted smites in the KotC tree. Adrenalized or Eternal Fury + Smites is a tough combo.

jskinner937
09-14-2013, 06:41 PM
Personally I would go 8F/6M/6P to make full use of deathnips. And twist in the regen smites....just a thought.