PDA

View Full Version : My First TR, Debating a few Classes, Fighter is winning

shibe
09-13-2013, 12:37 PM
Hey,

I like this thread. I am just about to TR a toon for my first time. I played a wizard all the way to 20 and didn't really like a pure caster. I decided to take the free +20 LR heart and make him a bard so that I could have the Bard afterlife when I TR. I do not know if this was a good or bad idea but I did it :)

I am trying to decide what I want to do now. I am torn between a fighter, Rogue or some kind of bard. I figure I would ask here because if I go fighter, and I am 80% sure I will go fighter, I will go Dwarf.

I want to play a contributing role throughout heroic as well as in the epic content. I will be running CITW and FOT to farm for loot. I like those raids and want to be useful there.

Fighter: I would want to do a fighter with great TWF using slashing weapons in some way. I have some good Khopeshes and some dwarven axes. I would like to be able to tank and absorb damage as well. I figure that a dwarf would be good for that. If I can avoid using a shield all the time I would prefer that, maybe just during the times when I am just taking a beating.

Rogue: I would like to be able to take down a lot of enemies with good DPS as well as handle the traps for the group.

Bard: I am less familiar with this role but it sounds like it would be fun to play. Maybe I could do some good crowd control and beat on some monsters as well. I think a Bard would be fun but not sure how I would play him/her.

So these are my options. I am not sure how I will go but would appreciate any solid builds that you could pass my way as well as any advice.

Thanks!

garlor
09-28-2013, 09:30 AM
so that I could have the Bard afterlife when I TR

I'm lost, what's so good about bard afterlife?

Inoukchuk
09-29-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey,

I like this thread. I am just about to TR a toon for my first time. I played a wizard all the way to 20 and didn't really like a pure caster. I decided to take the free +20 LR heart and make him a bard so that I could have the Bard afterlife when I TR. I do not know if this was a good or bad idea but I did it :)

I am trying to decide what I want to do now. I am torn between a fighter, Rogue or some kind of bard. I figure I would ask here because if I go fighter, and I am 80% sure I will go fighter, I will go Dwarf.

I want to play a contributing role throughout heroic as well as in the epic content. I will be running CITW and FOT to farm for loot. I like those raids and want to be useful there.

Fighter: I would want to do a fighter with great TWF using slashing weapons in some way. I have some good Khopeshes and some dwarven axes. I would like to be able to tank and absorb damage as well. I figure that a dwarf would be good for that. If I can avoid using a shield all the time I would prefer that, maybe just during the times when I am just taking a beating.

Rogue: I would like to be able to take down a lot of enemies with good DPS as well as handle the traps for the group.

Bard: I am less familiar with this role but it sounds like it would be fun to play. Maybe I could do some good crowd control and beat on some monsters as well. I think a Bard would be fun but not sure how I would play him/her.

So these are my options. I am not sure how I will go but would appreciate any solid builds that you could pass my way as well as any advice.

Thanks!

I'll give you some threads to look over for ideas. I really like some of this guys ideas, in particular look down the list for Hunter's Knife and Journeyman's Walking Stick:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426068-Dr-Willan-or-How-I-Learned-to-Stop-Worrying-and-Love-the-Enhancement-Pass

Also, the Old Saint Pick (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424164-Old-Saint-Pick-the-Centered-Dwarven-Pickmaster-%288ftr-6mnk-6-rng%29) build has some nice ideas for a dwarf TWF.

And I just started my Ginsu (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424162-The-Ginsu-a-new-TWF-build-concept) build yesterday, which I'm adding the revised version of today if you like straight DPS with khopesh (maybe swapping to Balizarde later).

You could also forgo the ranger stuff and build a greataxe 12/6/2 ftr/pal/monk or ftr/monk/pal for the saves, evasion, centered DPS, and either DM+US or shadow veil + feat + path... some variant of Cetus (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422550-U19-Fighter-Build-Cetus)