PDA

View Full Version : Update 19 Patch 2

KookieKobold
09-12-2013, 12:28 PM
Howdy everyone!

We've just brought Lamannia up recently with Update 19 Patch 2.

Come on by and check it out!

Squeak will post release notes and known issues soon.

See you online!

Steiner-Davion
09-12-2013, 01:39 PM
Howdy everyone!

See you online!

soon as in Soon(TM) :) ????

nayozz
09-12-2013, 01:45 PM
waiting eagerly to know what is added/fixed in the patch 2, i will still log in lammania to check if u added the warpriest pre yet...

dlsidhe
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
waiting eagerly to know what is added/fixed in the patch 2, i will still log in lammania to check if u added the warpriest pre yet...

Warpriest is in, according to sources in the divine enhancement thread; I'm at work, so no details from me, but I'm looking forward to getting a look.

nayozz
09-12-2013, 02:33 PM
sadly the weapon poison stance hasnt been fixed...
its effect wear off each time you enter a quest :'/

Drwaz99
09-12-2013, 04:14 PM
soon as in Soon(TM) :) ????

As in probably tomorrow at the earliest.

SqueakofDoom
09-12-2013, 05:28 PM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503425#post4503425') are now updated!

Also: Yes! Warpriest is in!

Smiles,
Squeak

Saravis
09-12-2013, 05:42 PM
Still no plans to fix the borked raid completion count?

Texlaw1992
09-12-2013, 05:47 PM
Squeak, if you complete a quest (whether epic or heroic), will it count for all the sagas containing that quest or just one of them?

djl
09-12-2013, 06:35 PM

Or the slew of issues affecting Pale Masters. :(

Drwaz99
09-12-2013, 06:55 PM
Another patch that introduces new features (Mabar additions) yet features very few bug fixes. Another disappointment.

sirgog
09-12-2013, 07:17 PM
So many overlaps in Saga quests, so few older quests in Sagas.

Where is the Saga (with small rewards appropriate for lowbies, such as 10k XP, a Wonderous Craftsmanship +4 stat ring of your choice or a single choice of +1 skill tome) for Waterworks - STK?
For the Desert?
For the VON series?
For the Vale/Sub-T/Amrath storyline (maybe one saga excluding the raids and another one with just the raids)
For Xorian Cypher/Threnal/Dreams of Insanity?

Be proud of DDO's earlier content.

djl
09-12-2013, 07:18 PM
Another patch that introduces new features (Mabar additions) yet features very few bug fixes. Another disappointment.

I blame WB. They've got to be pushing down directives that Turbine proceed forward with updates, and they are given small windows of time to work with. They don't have time to fix any of these bugs because by the time they release a new update, they have to start working on the content for the subsequent one to get it released by whatever arbitrary, unrealistic deadline WB gives them.

And month after month, the bugs pile up and it's choking the game to death. But WB doesn't care-- they don't have a plan or goal, their only concern is how Turbine can make them as much money from a dying game as possible, before the plug is pulled.

Drwaz99
09-12-2013, 07:33 PM
I blame WB. They've got to be pushing down directives that Turbine proceed forward with updates, and they are given small windows of time to work with. They don't have time to fix any of these bugs because by the time they release a new update, they have to start working on the content for the subsequent one to get it released by whatever arbitrary, unrealistic deadline WB gives them.

And month after month, the bugs pile up and it's choking the game to death. But WB doesn't care-- they don't have a plan or goal, their only concern is how Turbine can make them as much money from a dying game as possible, before the plug is pulled.

That is entirely plausible, still kinda disappointing. :(

Hazelnut
09-12-2013, 07:41 PM
But WB doesn't care-- they don't have a plan or goal, their only concern is how Turbine can make them as much money from a dying game as possible, before the plug is pulled.

Making as much money from a dying game as possible before the plug is pulled is a plan. Granted not much of a plan, but it's still a plan. Although, I don't think it is their plan. If that was the plan, then WB would be trying to reboot the old Dungeons and Dragons cartoon and working with Hasboro to create (and license) a line of toys to go with it. Like My Little Pony, Strawberry Shortcake, GI Joe, and friends.

This game gives them instant audience for the cartoon and customers for the toys (not all of us, but a decent start). The cartoon and toys would in turn get more people wanting to play the game. The same cycle used by the above mentioned products and toys only with a much better game than any of them have.

The much more likely answer is that a very small division (Turbine) of the much bigger company (WB) is using the limited resources they have to try and increase revenue for one of their beloved products (DDO) to try and revive it. If the new content brings in enough revenue and enough new players, then they will have the money to keep going and can work on bug fixes starting some time next year while finishing up some of the incomplete content for the recent expansion.

maddong
09-12-2013, 07:43 PM
+6 tomes? How about putting them in a quest or raid as a rare drop instead of an event I never want to take part in....

Violith
09-12-2013, 08:05 PM
Squeak, if you complete a quest (whether epic or heroic), will it count for all the sagas containing that quest or just one of them?

if you mean whether doing it on epic will count as heroic as well then probably not, hopefully anyway since some people would probably misclick on the sagas. if you mean whther the ones that are in multiple sagas... hard to say, I would say yes since they are each keeping track of whether it was done and I cant picture turbine coding it to only put the quests in a single list that every saga looks at.

so. supposedly the sagas were broken... yet we're getting more, without a mention of what was broken and now fixed. And on top of that, the new sags require more quests to be done. so was the 'broken' sagas due to the quest number? I mean previously it was what 10 quests total, now its 11 (not too bad) or 25 (Thus saga is just crazy, it should've been split in 2 depending on the quest chains) have the rewards been increased for the saga that requires 25 quests to be done?

nibel
09-12-2013, 08:09 PM
So many overlaps in Saga quests, so few older quests in Sagas.

^This.

Waterworks and STK saga would sell STK for more people. Ditto for the Lordsmarch Plaza chains (one free, one paid).

A full necropolis saga would be welcome as well. The level range would be too large compared to the other sagas, but would raise interest in the whole necropolis packs, instead of only the crypts.

IQ/DD being bundled together for a saga would be great too. So would Harbinger/Reign of Madness.

Maybe even a "full raid saga" would be welcome (Chrono, Tempest Spine, VoN 6, Titan, ADQ2, Abbot, Shroud, VoD, HoX, ToD, LoB, MA, CitW and FoT) just for the sake of everyone flagging for all raids.

Aelonwy
09-12-2013, 09:15 PM
Firstly thank you for all the hard work and hours you put into this game.

Secondly What is the progress on these bugs:

Drow Racial Enhancements:
Envenomed Blades doesn't work.
Drow Spell Resistance stops working after you log off or disconnect.
Drow Stats apply intermittenly.
Xendrik Weapon Training does not apply to hit or to dmg.

Paladins in Defender Stance with +Con & +HP enhancements will loose hit points every time they swap weapons.
This can be happen until the character dies.
Paladin KOTC capstone doesn't work. Weapons are not considered good.
Holy damage from tree is bugged, totals only 1d6.

Halfling Racial +Crit enhancement on throwing weapons doesn't work.

Bard Spellsinger: Musical Studies/Advanced Musical Studies does not apply the extra songs.

Barbarian Ravager Enhancement Slaughter procs a normal attack not a +10W attack.

Monk Henshin Mystic: Balance in Dawn negative levels party as well as enemies.

Arcane Archer:
Arcane Archery tree core enhancements are supposed to supersede the + enhancement of the equipped bow if you have taken more AA tree cores than the currently equipped bow has +enhancement. Example if you have all AA tree cores (6) and you equip a +1 bow it should read in weapon details and work ingame as a +6 bow where the +6 from AA core enhancements supersede but do NOT stack with the +1 enhancement of the bow. This is how it should work. However, it only works this way on bows that have NO +enhancement whatsoever such as masterwork bows or crafted blanks.
Also all primary imbues will sometimes be removed from character after a short duration. The capstone Master of Imbuement seems to be part of the problem but perhaps not the whole source of the bug.

Finally, what is happening with all the missing loot enchantments?
Specifically, where is:

Lacerating
Mauling
Mangling
Tempestuous
Scintillating
Debilitating
Pandemonium
Oceanic
Riptide
Wintry
Icy Depths
Desert Sand
Sun's Fury
of the Crusader, Rebel, Tyrant, Destroyer,
Obscenity
Erosive
Blasphemy
Convalescence
etc.

I know I am not the only one who enjoyed these permutations on my loot and right now random loot is feeling extremely bland with the same enchantments showing up over and over again. *cough*ghostbane*cough*rapidstrikes/shot*cough*

GoldyGopher
09-12-2013, 09:30 PM

You and I obviously have a very different opinion of what is "in".

This "warpriest" tree borders on .... well it's not very well thought out.

Charononus
09-12-2013, 09:33 PM
We're the saga lists decided on by dice roll? I'm sorry but I don't see the tie in between many of them.

thomascoolone64
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
Question that everyone wants answered:

how long is lammainia going to stay up for?

And Why doesnt my lam client not want to load up?

Saravis
09-12-2013, 10:27 PM
We're the saga lists decided on by dice roll? I'm sorry but I don't see the tie in between many of them.

One word: Marketing
that's the tie in.

Texlaw1992
09-12-2013, 11:05 PM
I tried one this evening - no update to stats, even after logging in and out.

Note that when you obtain one from the new trader, you cannot get any others - fine if it's intended to be a one-time reward or available only once a day, otherwise not WAI.

Also, my earlier post about sagas referred to whether if you completed a quest on (for example) epic, it would count for all the sagas on which you can complete the quest on epic or only on one saga.

Antheal
09-12-2013, 11:44 PM
Still nothing about a Healing-specialized Favoured Soul tree?

Teh_Troll
09-13-2013, 12:27 AM

This game is all about random now.

Delacroix21
09-13-2013, 12:57 AM
Release Notes ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503430#post4503430') and Known Issues ('https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503425#post4503425') are now updated!

Smiles,
Squeak

The Known Issues list does not include the Ninja Spy capstone which is currently NOT increasing Shuriken crit range.

Ovrad
09-13-2013, 03:03 AM
I'm happy there's new sagas but... seriously, who the hell chose those quests? Sooooo many overlaps, and it's basically all the same ones we already have in the "current" (current when they are reactivated) sagas. Sagas would make a lot more sense if they involved a storyline, not just stuff chosen at random.

Just use some of the Eberron lines, there's PLENTY to choose from, and have sagas for lower level would help introduce the mechanic to newer players.

Henky
09-13-2013, 05:47 AM
Still nothing about a Healing-specialized Favoured Soul tree?
Or the fix to Vengeful Magic, and i mean, just change it, its a waste of AP.

Systern
09-13-2013, 08:11 AM
So, market research shows that new players leave because they hate undead.

So you remove 1/3rd the loot tables and replace it with Ghostbane.

But now it's Halloween and time for Mabar, the plane of Endless Night to manifest and all the undead pour out to haunt Delera's graveyard.
But new players don't like undead! Replace half of them with Shadar-Kai, chaotic outsiders from the Plane of Shadow (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadar-Kai_(3.5e_Race))! The plane of Shadow is not the Plane of Night...

Really now, what's the point of licensing an intellectual property if you're going to completely disregard the brand?

WilliamBraveheart
09-13-2013, 08:15 AM
+6 tomes? How about putting them in a quest or raid as a rare drop instead of an event I never want to take part in....

The point of the +6 Tomes being in the event instead of a raid is to get people like you theat want the +6 tome to participate in the event.

Teh_Troll
09-13-2013, 08:21 AM
The ranger Devotion change sucks. Change it back.

Systern
09-13-2013, 08:30 AM
Druid's Reaving Roar is getting nerfed again... 5d6 sonic damage compared to 9d6 presently, and 13d6 prior to U19. The scaling 2/4/6% Threat generation is laughable. I have only seen one druid actually prefer the Bear form. Since most Animal form druids are wolves, which rely heavily on sneak attack damage (Look at all the core abilities) extra threat is not desirable.

The Fatal Harrier ability is all messed up with its descriptions. The tree says 6 seconds, the tooltip says 16 seconds. The actual stack has a 20 second duration.

ThomasHunter
09-13-2013, 09:09 AM
Maybe even a "full raid saga" would be welcome (Chrono, Tempest Spine, VoN 6, Titan, ADQ2, Abbot, Shroud, VoD, HoX, ToD, LoB, MA, CitW and FoT) just for the sake of everyone flagging for all raids.

This might be a fun idea for the raid folks to earn another +6 tome. Again, keep it to one per character. Seems like a fun idea to push all of the raids. Since I rarely raid (except Shroud every other week or so), this is fairly unattainable for me. However, given that it seems like the folks who like raids were pretty bummed with no new raid, maybe this would be a fine idea!:D

Tocawe
09-13-2013, 09:13 AM
Replace half of them with Shadar-Kai, chaotic outsiders from the Plane of Shadow (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadar-Kai_(3.5e_Race))! The plane of Shadow is not the Plane of Night...

The link you provided only have few similarities to the official 3.0/3.5 version of shadar-kai, presented in Fiend Folio and Dragon Magazine #337. They're not even outsiders, they're actually fey. If I would have to guess that link is a homebrew version of the 4th edition version (I might very well be wrong, as I have no knowledge of what they did to the shadar-kai in 4th edition).

From a flavor perspective the shadar-kai fits just as well coming from Mabar as the plane of shadows, maybe even better.

Little_V
09-13-2013, 10:10 AM
Why did you completely fix the Reincarnation time-stamp issue? It was a DEV that told me it was there ever so long ago. It makes NO sense to tell someone about something and then fix it.

Cyndder
09-13-2013, 10:17 AM
The Lamania server appears to have a few new bug fixes that are not listed in the notes or in the known issues section...hoping they carry them forward to final release. Chimera's Fang is working on Lamania with the dragonmark of the Sentinel. The deathward bug for palemaster's appears to be fixed--created a cleric necromancer to test this one out. I cannot answer the question about drive-by light nuking of necros, or spell absorption issues of charges getting sucked dry by death auras....but I've seen a few "unofficial" bugs get some TLC that for one reason or another have not been advertised...can someone from QA answer these and the other items I listed?

Hendrik
09-13-2013, 10:31 AM

They are right now.

Yamato-San
09-13-2013, 11:04 AM
Had to try it, sadly no bugfix for Envenomed Blades (Drow Version)
Envenomed Blades stops working (same old dependency bug "Envenomed Blades needs Envenomed Blades") after you log off or disconnect.
Disappointed to the bones.

djl
09-13-2013, 11:36 AM
They are right now.

Really? You are basing this on, what?

Have you heard of any instances of anybody pulling a +6 upgrade tome? Theoretically, a +5 tome could be a +6 upgrade but have you or anybody you know actually seen one?

Hendrik
09-13-2013, 12:34 PM
Really? You are basing this on, what?

Have you heard of any instances of anybody pulling a +6 upgrade tome? Theoretically, a +5 tome could be a +6 upgrade but have you or anybody you know actually seen one?

Yes.

Ovrad
09-13-2013, 04:07 PM
Yes.

Screenshot or it didn't happen.

thomascoolone64
09-13-2013, 04:41 PM
why does my client not want to come up even tho i rebooted my computer 3 or 4 times?

SqueakofDoom
09-13-2013, 05:08 PM

There is a fix. I have checked part of it. Unfortunately, I don’t have a character that had a REALLY broken raid completion count. If you find that your Raid completion counts are still wonky on Lamannia, please bug it!

I tried one this evening - no update to stats, even after logging in and out.

Note that when you obtain one from the new trader, you cannot get any others - fine if it's intended to be a one-time reward or available only once a day, otherwise not WAI.

Also, my earlier post about sagas referred to whether if you completed a quest on (for example) epic, it would count for all the sagas on which you can complete the quest on epic or only on one saga.

If you complete a quest, it will count for any Saga that requires that quest.

For example: there is Saga A that requires Epic Quest A, and Saga B requires Epic Quest A, but Saga C requires Heroic Quest A. Once you complete Epic Quest A, it counts towards Saga A and Saga B, but not Saga C.

As for the +6 Tome, please bug it! Please include as much information as possible. Also, the +6 and +5 tomes are a one-time reward.

The Lamania server appears to have a few new bug fixes that are not listed in the notes or in the known issues section...hoping they carry them forward to final release. Chimera's Fang is working on Lamania with the dragonmark of the Sentinel. The deathward bug for palemaster's appears to be fixed--created a cleric necromancer to test this one out. I cannot answer the question about drive-by light nuking of necros, or spell absorption issues of charges getting sucked dry by death auras....but I've seen a few "unofficial" bugs get some TLC that for one reason or another have not been advertised...can someone from QA answer these and the other items I listed?

Yes! There were a few more bug fixes, so I have added a couple more notes to the Release Notes! I saw the fixes listed internally, but wanted to double check that they would actually be on Lamannia (and not some future release) before I posted them.

taospark
09-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Arcane Archer:
Arcane Archery tree core enhancements are supposed to supersede the + enhancement of the equipped bow if you have taken more AA tree cores than the currently equipped bow has +enhancement. Example if you have all AA tree cores (6) and you equip a +1 bow it should read in weapon details and work ingame as a +6 bow where the +6 from AA core enhancements supersede but do NOT stack with the +1 enhancement of the bow. This is how it should work. However, it only works this way on bows that have NO +enhancement whatsoever such as masterwork bows or crafted blanks.

To be fair, they always superseded even under the old AA system. However, my main issue is that Slaying Arrows is no longer a stance which severely drops AA damage in Epics; all the other imbues added damage doesn't make up for that loss.

Turbine did fix one Known Issue with Palemasters (which is still on the Known Issues list) but kept two more (not on the list).

The Vampire shroud issue has been fixed.

- Undead forms still take stat damage, specifically STR damage in the form of Enfeeble, when it obviously does not work on Undead monsters or pets.

- Death Ward is once again blocking any regeneration from Negative Damage which means the Shroud must be recast every time when it is meant to be permanent.

BOgre
09-13-2013, 06:04 PM
Release Notes (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376774-Lamannia-Release-Notes-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503430#post4503430) and Known Issues (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/376772-Lamannia-Known-Issues-%28Last-Updated-9-12-2013%29?p=4503425#post4503425) are now updated!

Smiles,
Squeak

Nowhere in the release notes do I see any mention of the ridiculous nerf Ranger positive spell power. What the heck have you DONE? It was tough enough to get my Temp feeling similar to before the pass, and even then I took a major hit to SP and Devotion. Now you're nerfing me more??? I'm just... just... I don't even know.

Mystera
09-13-2013, 07:52 PM
Wow, the notes say nothing about a fix to pale masters and a fix to the raid counters? Did the developers really miss the gazillion threads on this topic?

Pale master healing is currently broken as follows:
- Deathward cast by party members blocks a pale masters ability to heal => dead pale master in raids
- Spell absorption items like the Jeweled Cloak block healing and absorb charges
- Deathward on skeleton summons blocks a pale masters ability to heal

As far as raids are concerned...

UPDATE- Completions of Epic difficulty that occurred prior to Menace of the Underdark (Update 14) cannot be distinguished from heroic and are treated as heroic completions. You are most likely to experience this if you had played "epic" difficulty from the original Epic system back before the quest entrance UI was split into Epic/Heroic tabs, and Epic Character levels were introduced (suspects include: Vault of Night, Demon Queen, Chronoscope). Epic runs that occurred between MOTU and Shadowfell should properly show in the Epic side of the count. This will not be corrected.

...there have been tons of responses with outrage on this topic. Turbine is wrong. All my ADQ and VON5-6 runs were on epic, completed this year, and are now logged as heroic completions. In addition, every time I've run epic ADQ over the past 3 weeks it has logged it as a heroic, instead of epic, completion. And lastly, my brother ran his 20th ADQ run and got nothing in the rewards list, which is a common problem noted in the thread. This has got to be a priority fix since the raid LFMs are down SUBSTANTIALLY due to these issues.

Finally, it's painfully obvious that almost nobody is running the new content (LFMs are now down to a small handful, with almost no groups for the new content). I don't blame the players though, my EE What Goes Up run last night took 2 hours and 15 mins and cost all three casters more than 40 pots each for the end fight (I mean are they nuts, respawning groups of 20-30 EE mobs with a 250k hit point boss that teleports all over the map and is impossible to keep dps on?). Nobody is going to invest that kind of time and resources into the game, especially when it is **** loot and **** xp per minute. I suggest the patch address this by significantly boosting XP and the loot for the new quests. The loot needs to clearly be better than epic GH loot and random drops, or people won't waste the time. I'm trying not to feel burned by having bought the new "expansion", but at this point I feel I threw my money away.

Shorlong
09-14-2013, 12:28 AM
Wow, the notes say nothing about a fix to pale masters and a fix to the raid counters? Did the developers really miss the gazillion threads on this topic?

- Deathward cast by party members blocks a pale masters ability to heal => dead pale master in raids
- Spell absorption items like the Jeweled Cloak block healing and absorb charges

...there have been tons of responses with outrage on this topic. Turbine is wrong. All my ADQ and VON5-6 runs were on epic, completed this year, and are now logged as heroic completions. In addition, every time I've run epic ADQ over the past 3 weeks it has logged it as a heroic, instead of epic, completion. And lastly, my brother ran his 20th ADQ run and got nothing in the rewards list, which is a common problem noted in the thread. This has got to be a priority fix since the raid LFMs are down SUBSTANTIALLY due to these issues.

Finally, it's painfully obvious that almost nobody is running the new content (LFMs are now down to a small handful, with almost no groups for the new content). I don't blame the players though, my EE What Goes Up run last night took 2 hours and 15 mins and cost all three casters more than 40 pots each for the end fight (I mean are they nuts, respawning groups of 20-30 EE mobs with a 250k hit point boss that teleports all over the map and is impossible to keep dps on?). Nobody is going to invest that kind of time and resources into the game, especially when it is **** loot and **** xp per minute. I suggest the patch address this by significantly boosting XP and the loot for the new quests. The loot needs to clearly be better than epic GH loot and random drops, or people won't waste the time. I'm trying not to feel burned by having bought the new "expansion", but at this point I feel I threw my money away.

Actually, the notes DO mention those bugs....yeah....

Also, what did you expect...a walk through the park type of quest? It's the current "last quest" of course it's going to be difficult!

thomascoolone64
09-14-2013, 10:16 AM
So, when are the Dev events coming?

Dawnsfire
09-14-2013, 10:31 AM

Yes, I have a guily who is rather up in arms about the PM bugs. None of this is really new, these exact problems have been fixed in the past I believe. Hopefully they are at least acknowledged as something that needs to be looked into.

thomascoolone64
09-14-2013, 04:33 PM
Squeak Can you Stock the AH please?

Teh_Troll
09-14-2013, 04:48 PM
Squeak Can you Stock the AH please?

And while you're at it un-screw ranger devotion?

Charononus
09-14-2013, 05:12 PM
And while you're at it un-screw ranger devotion?

This, every class that can cast cures needs 1pt devotion per 1 pt spent in tree for all tree's in that class, period, simple fix.

Hendrik
09-14-2013, 08:14 PM
Screenshot or it didn't happen.

And last time I provided proof to my statements, people claimed photoshop so I do not do that anymore.

Can take my word for it or not, your choice and or loss.

Raptir
09-15-2013, 02:51 AM
So I see all the new sagas in the patch notes, but what are the rewards for each?

MeliCat
09-15-2013, 05:02 PM
This morning I went to check it out and I got a +6 tome for my clonk and it only gave me a +5. I bugged this. Is this going to be fixed before Mabar goes to live?

MeliCat
09-15-2013, 05:08 PM
Yes.

I have never ever heard of anyone getting one. If they had it would have been immediately posted on the forums. How can you be so certain of this?

Charononus
09-15-2013, 05:59 PM
And last time I provided proof to my statements, people claimed photoshop so I do not do that anymore.

Can take my word for it or not, your choice and or loss.

ok we won't take your word for it as it would be all of these forums and the cesspool if they were dropping, so yeah you're full of it imo.

maddmatt70
09-16-2013, 09:57 AM

That is because they did not provide sufficient incentives to run it not because people could not handle what goes up. The 5th time I ran ee what goes up on Saturday morning did it in 43 minutes, with 0 resources used, and less then 5 deaths so stop your crying and play epic hard because you can not deal with ee.

Teh_Troll
09-16-2013, 10:05 AM
That is because they did not provide sufficient incentives to run it not because people could not handle what goes up. The 5th time I ran ee what goes up on Saturday morning did it in 43 minutes, with 0 resources used, and less then 5 deaths so stop your crying and play epic hard because you can not deal with ee.

But he's not wrong about the XP sucking, focus on that.

maddmatt70
09-16-2013, 10:10 AM
But he's not wrong about the XP sucking, focus on that.

Yeah, sure thing - the xp does suck and the loot even in that quest is mediocre. It was just hard to sort through all the grousing, belly aching, and what have yous. All of that was making my eyes bleed.

Teh_Troll
09-16-2013, 10:30 AM
Yeah, sure thing - the xp does suck and the loot even in that quest is mediocre. It was just hard to sort through all the grousing, belly aching, and what have yous. All of that was making my eyes bleed.

The XP and loot sucking is the most important problem with the pack.

Charononus
09-16-2013, 11:15 AM
The XP and loot sucking is the most important problem with the pack.

The visual effects causing motion sickness and vomiting is the most important part imo, at least with wgu.

Shade_z
09-16-2013, 11:18 AM
The visual effects causing motion sickness and vomiting is the most important part imo, at least with wgu.

+1 this. I hate the new visual effects, it also slows down my PC.
Also instead of punishing DwS rangers, please make it 1 pt per point spent in the tree as someone else mentioned

droid327
09-16-2013, 12:21 PM
I cant log on to check out the new changes right now, and I hate how they never provide enough information in the patch notes to actually know what the changes are....

1) What are the changes to the Druid trees? Whats different, whats new, and is it all just stuff everyone will ignore anyway?
2) What happened to Ranger? They took out the +75 Positive in DWS? Or did they just reduce it?

Lord_Darquain
09-16-2013, 03:01 PM
Howdy everyone!

See you online!

Who's in charge of naming stuff in the game?

Because if the epic Gianthold saga gets named Return to the Return to Gianthold, I'll make you guys some beholder cookies.

Mystera
09-16-2013, 07:34 PM

Good for you. Go back an read my post. People aren't playing the expansion since the XP and loot sucks.

Manasdirge
09-17-2013, 06:40 AM
To be fair, they always superseded even under the old AA system. However, my main issue is that Slaying Arrows is no longer a stance which severely drops AA damage in Epics; all the other imbues added damage doesn't make up for that loss.

dude you just dont know how to use the slaying arrow do you? some guide for you : try use you abilities in this sequence: active Fury ED, deactivate auto-attack,active adrenaline, active any dmg boosts, active multi-shot, use slaying arrow, see the numbers yourself.

TrinityTurtle
09-17-2013, 06:44 AM
Good for you. Go back an read my post. People aren't playing the expansion since the XP and loot sucks.

My friends and I are playing it. It also helps open up third tier pdk favor for those that have problems getting the elites done. I think most of the quests are fun. Of course, I freely admit I'm weird and play a game to have fun and not for max xp/min.

djl
09-17-2013, 11:29 AM
My friends and I are playing it. It also helps open up third tier pdk favor for those that have problems getting the elites done. I think most of the quests are fun. Of course, I freely admit I'm weird and play a game to have fun and not for max xp/min.

But, you guys are the exception. There are a few groups here and there that still run it, but by and large the majority of people already did it and did it on EE, and they realized a few things:

a) Gorgeous graphics, but terribly laggy (shadowfell effect does not help)

b) The named loot, with the exception of EE goggles and EE gloves, is inferior to regular old vendor trash. This is dumb.

c) You do not even need to grind any of the new loot to complete any of the quests on EE. They are not that difficult for a party with well-designed toons.

d) The exp is complete garbage. It's amrath-level bad. And after the abundance of easy xp that was everything in MOTU, this is extremely disappointing.

So, people run content for one of two things: good exp, or good loot. Sure, they run content that gives neither but is interesting a couple of times just because it is new, but everyone got those runs out of their system within the first week of the expansion being out. Once you've run something several times, it is no longer new or interesting anymore. So, you are back to "does it give good exp, or good items? No? Then I will skip it."

Thus, people either TRed or quit til the next update. As a result, once other people get to 28 they realize "oh ****, there are no LFMS (except for, of course, people doing favor runs of level 6 content)." So, why even BOTHER doing epic content past around 25, then? That's the issue that is becoming more and more prevalent-- people do their TRs, get to 20, and run MOTU to get some ED exp. That puts them between 23-25, usually. Then they TR again. There is no reason to go all the way to 28 because there is very little to do there, and at least half the time you log in at 28 you will be met with an uninspiring blank, black LFM panel.

They turned this game into heroic content being the main game, and epic levels being an epilogue. You can do the epilogue if you want to, and it never really "ends," but once you get to the highest level there's not much to do but start over again in a New Game+ fashion, i.e., TR.

Propane
09-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Why get rid of the Protection Tree? Why not keep both and let people choose?

(or did I miss somthing....)

Mystera
09-17-2013, 01:15 PM
But, you guys are the exception. There are a few groups here and there that still run it, but by and large the majority of people already did it and did it on EE, and they realized a few things:

a) Gorgeous graphics, but terribly laggy (shadowfell effect does not help)

b) The named loot, with the exception of EE goggles and EE gloves, is inferior to regular old vendor trash. This is dumb.

c) You do not even need to grind any of the new loot to complete any of the quests on EE. They are not that difficult for a party with well-designed toons.

d) The exp is complete garbage. It's amrath-level bad. And after the abundance of easy xp that was everything in MOTU, this is extremely disappointing.

So, people run content for one of two things: good exp, or good loot. Sure, they run content that gives neither but is interesting a couple of times just because it is new, but everyone got those runs out of their system within the first week of the expansion being out. Once you've run something several times, it is no longer new or interesting anymore. So, you are back to "does it give good exp, or good items? No? Then I will skip it."

Thus, people either TRed or quit til the next update. As a result, once other people get to 28 they realize "oh ****, there are no LFMS (except for, of course, people doing favor runs of level 6 content)." So, why even BOTHER doing epic content past around 25, then? That's the issue that is becoming more and more prevalent-- people do their TRs, get to 20, and run MOTU to get some ED exp. That puts them between 23-25, usually. Then they TR again. There is no reason to go all the way to 28 because there is very little to do there, and at least half the time you log in at 28 you will be met with an uninspiring blank, black LFM panel.

They turned this game into heroic content being the main game, and epic levels being an epilogue. You can do the epilogue if you want to, and it never really "ends," but once you get to the highest level there's not much to do but start over again in a New Game+ fashion, i.e., TR.

^^ This. Remember when the first expansion came out...you got Epic Destinies, the MOTU raid with great loot (pinion, celestia, cleaver, twighlight, needle, sireth), plenty of quests with fanstastic xp, great quest rewards (seal of house avithoul, dun robar rings, drow weapons, grave wrappings, eveningstar commendation turn ins, lolth and planar focus trinkets, FGDS armor, stone heart docents), and we were given the eveningstar challenge pack and a ton of free content.

This time around for the same money...there is nothing for the people that bought the pack that is even remotely as exciting as Epic Destinies, no raids, no challenge packs, no free content, no good xp quests, and the loot plain sucks. That we are talking about the Master Illusionist Gloves being some of the best loot from the pack is pathetic, especially since it is +11 int and a yellow slot, which imo is weaker than the +10 int / +9 resistance random gen item I paid 50kp for on the AH (since the yellow slot can't get me anything close to as valuable as +9 resistance). I could go into detail on how the named loot sucks, but that was hashed to death in the beta forums that the developers chose to ignore. Bottom line is that people that bought the pack, such as myself, got hosed. It doesn't remotely compare to the MOTU expansion, and is a essentially a $80 "expansion" that is comparable to the $5 Devils of Shavarath Adventure Pack (which has a raid).

maddmatt70
09-17-2013, 01:20 PM

Yeah I did read your post and half was about loot/xp and the other half was about how difficult up in the air is. I agree with the loot and xp portion of your post, but your part about how difficult the quest is not so much. There are too many cupcake quests in DDO.

Dorian
09-17-2013, 04:28 PM
^^ This. Remember when the first expansion came out...you got Epic Destinies, the MOTU raid with great loot (pinion, celestia, cleaver, twighlight, needle, sireth), plenty of quests with fanstastic xp, great quest rewards (seal of house avithoul, dun robar rings, drow weapons, grave wrappings, eveningstar commendation turn ins, lolth and planar focus trinkets, FGDS armor, stone heart docents), and we were given the eveningstar challenge pack and a ton of free content.

This time around for the same money...there is nothing for the people that bought the pack that is even remotely as exciting as Epic Destinies, no raids, no challenge packs, no free content, no good xp quests, and the loot plain sucks. That we are talking about the Master Illusionist Gloves being some of the best loot from the pack is pathetic, especially since it is +11 int and a yellow slot, which imo is weaker than the +10 int / +9 resistance random gen item I paid 50kp for on the AH (since the yellow slot can't get me anything close to as valuable as +9 resistance). I could go into detail on how the named loot sucks, but that was hashed to death in the beta forums that the developers chose to ignore. Bottom line is that people that bought the pack, such as myself, got hosed. It doesn't remotely compare to the MOTU expansion, and is a essentially a $80 "expansion" that is comparable to the $5 Devils of Shavarath Adventure Pack (which has a raid).

And we got the Panther with MOTU.... the Owlbear sucks (even with the so-called updates).

Man, I'm kicking myself since I bought the expansion update for 2 accounts. I just bought it because I knew what a great deal pre-ordering MOTU was.

Crappy named-loot, crappy quests, crappy xp... someone please remind me why I pre-ordered and spent over $200 on optionals for my 2 accounts.

This was NOT an expansion... it was 2 updates lumped together... to screw over VIPs and do a massive cash grab before the game dies.

Janisis
09-18-2013, 01:50 AM
And we got the Panther with MOTU.... the Owlbear sucks (even with the so-called updates).

Man, I'm kicking myself since I bought the expansion update for 2 accounts. I just bought it because I knew what a great deal pre-ordering MOTU was.

Crappy named-loot, crappy quests, crappy xp... someone please remind me why I pre-ordered and spent over $200 on optionals for my 2 accounts.

This was NOT an expansion... it was 2 updates lumped together... to screw over VIPs and do a massive cash grab before the game dies.

Yes, that owlbear sucks. I have a friend who is deals with visual impairments and plays DDO with me and uses hirelings (3 druid past lives) and that stupid owlbear gets bugged constantly, and has to be dismissed and resummoned after 5 minutes because it stops following any commands. Complete sham how much people paid for that thing and it doesn't work at all. Turbine should feel ashamed of themselves. Fix its AI already. If you do not know what I am talking about, use it a quest with lots of doors - like Through a Mirror Darkly

taospark
09-20-2013, 06:10 PM
NEW Feedback is lacking regarding the fix to some requirements between different trees to stop identically named non-ability score enhancements from stacking (Critical Damage and Critical Accuracy from the Fighter Kensei, Rogue Assassin, and Ranger Tempest Trees)

Thought someone should address this since feedback was solicited.

I can see where multiple innate stacking Seeker bonuses could be seen as potentially imbalance but this punishes all multiclass customisation over pure class builds form whom stacking critical enhancements will be moot.

However, there are ways to minimize the impact on builds that are focused on critical damage without eliminating it altogether.

Proposal: Require a minimum level of 3 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Accuracy" and minimum level of 5 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Damage". This would correspond with the existing AP requirements of 10 and 20 respectively.

This rewards builds which focus on and require critical damage to be playable while ensuring that Turbine's original intention of preventing a build with just a 2 level splash in Rogue can't "limp in" a massive boost to their damage with little cost.

thomascoolone64
09-20-2013, 08:29 PM
Guys, i just heard that lammas going down monday :'(( Noooo!!!!! Not Again!!!

raclaw
09-21-2013, 01:55 AM
Please let someone from Turbine to read and comment on

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415030-weapon-damage-display?highlight=not+visible+bonus+damage

Mamba_Lev
09-21-2013, 06:50 AM
So the skeletons where causing all the lag/server overload in Epic instances of the graveyard meaning you have fixed epic instances or am i just being optimistic?

riskyraines
09-21-2013, 01:11 PM
not even a tweak of the shadar kai? Im sure you see by now the concept didn't translate from paper to the game well at all. The Kai is underpowered due to that weak chain attack being the focal point of its enhancement line. Plz fix this race. I didn't pay 80$ + for the shadar kai to run epic hard quests. The 20 second chain attack needs attention immediately. Only a few ways to not die and use and all 20 seconds of that attack on an EE: Undead wizard/rogue with undead healing aura. Or a cleric/rogue mix with healing aura Always have 1st class intimitank available or a 1st class healer. I wanted a rogue, I got A rogue that needs to wear a helmet to bed.

jakeelala
09-22-2013, 10:35 AM
Thought someone should address this since feedback was solicited.

I can see where multiple innate stacking Seeker bonuses could be seen as potentially imbalance but this punishes all multiclass customisation over pure class builds form whom stacking critical enhancements will be moot.

However, there are ways to minimize the impact on builds that are focused on critical damage without eliminating it altogether.

Proposal: Require a minimum level of 3 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Accuracy" and minimum level of 5 in the class to invest in the first tier of "Critical Damage". This would correspond with the existing AP requirements of 10 and 20 respectively.

This rewards builds which focus on and require critical damage to be playable while ensuring that Turbine's original intention of preventing a build with just a 2 level splash in Rogue can't "limp in" a massive boost to their damage with little cost.

I'm relatively certain that stacking Sneak speed (where you can sneak faster with Rogue/Monk/Ranger sneak speed enhancements used together) will be getting fixed

lyrecono
09-23-2013, 12:07 AM

Drow Racial Enhancements:
Envenomed Blades doesn't work.
Drow Spell Resistance stops working after you log off or disconnect.
Drow Stats apply intermittenly.
Xendrik Weapon Training does not apply to hit or to dmg.

Paladins in Defender Stance with +Con & +HP enhancements will loose hit points every time they swap weapons.
This can be happen until the character dies.
Paladin KOTC capstone doesn't work. Weapons are not considered good.
Holy damage from tree is bugged, totals only 1d6.

Halfling Racial +Crit enhancement on throwing weapons doesn't work.

Bard Spellsinger: Musical Studies/Advanced Musical Studies does not apply the extra songs.

Barbarian Ravager Enhancement Slaughter procs a normal attack not a +10W attack.

Monk Henshin Mystic: Balance in Dawn negative levels party as well as enemies.

Arcane Archer:
Also all primary imbues will sometimes be removed from character after a short duration. The capstone Master of Imbuement seems to be part of the problem but perhaps not the whole source of the bug.

Specifically, where is:

Stuff

I know I am not the only one who enjoyed these permutations on my loot and right now random loot is feeling extremely bland with the same enchantments showing up over and over again. *cough*ghostbane*cough*rapidstrikes/shot*cough*

When do we see the return of proper named loot, you know like GH, the pack that got people back into the game?
Is Nightmare going to be fixed? it was badly nerfed just after U14 (someone added it to the loot tables, not realizing it proced on crit instead of vorpal, it has since been lazely nerfed instead of fixed, causing items like terror and the cloak of night to be less usefull). You know, one of the items in the comming event?

The Mabar event always has been a problem for newbie puggers too, coming into the game and finding little people to play with, esp divine/arcane casters, who are usually caught up in mabar

So, market research shows that new players leave because they hate undead.

So you remove 1/3rd the loot tables and replace it with Ghostbane.

But now it's Halloween and time for Mabar, the plane of Endless Night to manifest and all the undead pour out to haunt Delera's graveyard.
But new players don't like undead! Replace half of them with Shadar-Kai, chaotic outsiders from the Plane of Shadow (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Shadar-Kai_(3.5e_Race))! The plane of Shadow is not the Plane of Night...

Really now, what's the point of licensing an intellectual property if you're going to completely disregard the brand?

nice tie in for the double stacked packs (what they call an expansion) they don't belong in Mabar, The mabar event like Halloween is about scary stuff, the only scary thing about this race is the blatant cash grab for a bad product.

The ranger Devotion change sucks. Change it back.

Yes, please, now

Actually, the notes DO mention those bugs....yeah....

Also, what did you expect...a walk through the park type of quest? It's the current "last quest" of course it's going to be difficult!

Not realy, i did expect value for my money, less lag, less snow glare/shaky stuff/shadow fell ****, i wan't to fight to get the quest objective, i don't want to fight the game physics up to the point where i'm running around with 40 mobs on my tail trying to raise 5 party members who rubber banded over the edge.

indeed, a waste of money and not worthy of the name expansion!
this is the reason i haven't put another 500$ in turbine's pockets during the last bonus points round, with the bleeding of players, lack of new blood, disappointing loot,
the inability to fix stuff, the inability to introduce stuff with out breaking stuff elsewhere (and the list goes on), i can only recommend not buying any ddo points until a statement is posted by them, stating some decent fixes, esp in the incentive to run stuff for the huge amount of vets i see these days just logging in to chat and pick up the daily dice.

Things like:
Proper named loot, Raids, fun content (extreme mob saves/Spell resistance/HP has been annoying people a lot), fixing bugs/ED/Enhancements.
Maybe some decent feed back on these on the forum? involve us, the paying customers into the process.
Challenge our minds a bit, don't change the game into streets of rage/double dragon where the only difference in mobs is a color pallet swap and increase in stats.

Yes, that owlbear sucks. I have a friend who is deals with visual impairments and plays DDO with me and uses hirelings (3 druid past lives) and that stupid owlbear gets bugged constantly, and has to be dismissed and resummoned after 5 minutes because it stops following any commands. Complete sham how much people paid for that thing and it doesn't work at all. Turbine should feel ashamed of themselves. Fix its AI already. If you do not know what I am talking about, use it a quest with lots of doors - like Through a Mirror Darkly

This

thomascoolone64
09-28-2013, 02:13 PM
Squeeeaaak, when are you gonna turn the switch on again for lammainia? I hate waiting.

lucreciacrescent
10-01-2013, 05:02 AM
Hey everybody! I have stopped playing Lamannia for quite a while now and I was just wondering if there was any recent character wipes made for u19?

thomascoolone64
10-02-2013, 09:32 PM
No, they haven Luc. next time lam comes back up theyll be there still i hope for maybe U19.3 or just U20

Maelodic
10-07-2013, 12:04 PM
The server was up for a while after they brought the other server back up- it now says "DOWN" instead of "CLOSED" so I'm assuming they'll be bringing it back up soon.

thomascoolone64
10-07-2013, 04:49 PM
The server was up for a while after they brought the other server back up- it now says "DOWN" instead of "CLOSED" so I'm assuming they'll be bringing it back up soon.

How soon????? TELL ME! I MISS MY FRIENDS :'(

lucreciacrescent
10-08-2013, 02:27 AM
looks like the server is back to "CLOSED"

Aviya
10-15-2013, 12:34 PM

[...]

Specifically, where is:

Lacerating
Mauling
Mangling
Tempestuous
Scintillating
Debilitating
Pandemonium
Oceanic
Riptide
Wintry
Icy Depths
Desert Sand
Sun's Fury
of the Crusader, Rebel, Tyrant, Destroyer,
Obscenity
Erosive
Blasphemy
Convalescence
etc.

Really when will we get convalescence effect on random loot back?