PDA

View Full Version : U19 - False Hope Melee Soul

Braegan
09-10-2013, 09:05 PM
Hey folks,

Well now that Warpriest is out and False is capped, I've taken the time to flesh out the details previously left blank.

False Hope

Human Favored Soul 18/ Paladin 2

Stats

36 point

Str) 17 (+7 levels, +4 tome, +2 completionist, +1 human, +8 Item, +1 Excep, +2 Profane) 42
Dex) 8 (+3 tome, +2 completionist, +7 Item, +1 Excep, +3 Insightful) 24
Con) 17 (+4 tome, +2 completionist, +8 Item, +1 Excep, +2 Insightful) 34
Int) 10 (+3 tome, +2 completionist, +1 Excep) 16
Wis) 8 (+4 tome, +2 completionist, +7 Item, +1 Excep) 22
Cha) 15 (+3 tome, +2 completionist, +1 human, +4 heroic enhancements, +8 Item, +1 Excep, +2 Insightful) 36

Cha Buffed: 36 (+2 ship, +2 yugo, +2 bard) 42 (+16 mod)

Str Buffed: 42 (+2 ship, +2 yugo, +2 bard, +16 Divine Might, +4 Tensers, +5 Primal Scream, +3 Human Surge) 76

76 (+6 Titan Grip) 82

Feats

h) Toughness
1) Maximize
3) Completionist
6) Power Attack
9) Cleave
12) Quicken
15) Great Cleave
18) IC: Slash
21) Overwhelming Crit
24) Epic Toughness
27) Epic DR

ED26) Perfect TWF
ED28) Perfect THF

Skills

Heal 23
Spellcraft 23
UMD 11
Balance 5
Tumble 2
Diplomacy 1

Enhancements

Human - 13

Damage Boost
Defense Boost
Str I
Cha I
Action Surge: Str III
Heal Amp II

Angel of Vengeance - 23

Font of Power
Shield of Condemnation
Aura of Menace
Summon Archon
Inquisition III
Angelic Resistance III
Smiting III
Wand/Scroll Mastery III
Cha II

Warpriest - 36

Smite Foe
Resilience of Battle
Sanctuary
Domain: Blur
Domain: Haste
Divine Might III
Toughness III
Smite Weakness
Wall of Steel III
Inflame III
Inflame: Saving Throws III
Inflame: Energy Absorbtion III
Cha II
Ameliorating Strike
Divine Power
Divine Vessel III

Sacred Defender - 8

Holy Bastion
Item Defense I
Sacred Armor Mastery III
Bulwark Aura III

Epic Destiny

Fury of the Wild

Tunnel Vision III
Primal Scream III
Boulder Toss III
Acute Instincts III
Damage Reduction II
Sense Weakness III
Overwhelming Force III
Fury Eternal
Unbridled Fury

Twists

Lay Waste (t3)
Momentum Swing (t2)
Brace For Impact (t1)

Current Gear

Head) Black Dragon, Con 8, +35 HP slotted, +200 mana slotted
Neck) Smoke II, +45 HP
Trinket) Prowess, Ins Dex +3
Cloak) Ghost-Waking, Cha 8, Resist 7, Ghostly, DR 10/Evil
Belt) Daggertooths, Heavy Fort slotted, Ins Con +2 slotted
Ring) Avithoul, Dex 7, S/A 5, Excep S/A 3, Imp Deception
Ring) Guardians, Str 8, 24 PRR, Ins Cha +2 slotted
Gloves) Nether Grasps, Seeker 8, Profane Str 2, Diversion
Boots) Spiked Boots, Vitality 20 slotted, Striding 30% slotted
Bracers) Gtr Convalescent of Sup Parrying
Chest) Black Dragon Plate, Globe of True Blood slotted
Goggles) Deadly (8) of Accuracy (8), Wis 7 slotted
Weapon of Choice) Cleaver

Some of the gear is place holders and not ideally best in slot, but it covers all bases for the time being.

Selected Spells

1st) Divine Favor, Nightshield, Remove Fear, Nimbus of Light
2nd) Cure Moderate, Lesser Restoration, Resist Energy, Spawn Screen
3rd) Circle against Evil, Prayer, Remove Curse, Searing Light
4th) Cure Critical, Freedom of Movement, Holy Smite, Recitation
5th) Mass Cure Light, Divine Punishment, Stalwart Pact, True Seeing
6th) Blade Barrier, Mass Cure Moderate, Heal
7th) Mass Cure Serious, Mass Protection from Energy, Resurrection
8th) Mass Death Ward, Death Pact
9th) Mass Heal

Braegan
09-10-2013, 09:06 PM
Current screen shot.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/guitargeorge101/ScreenShot00015_zps0ec54d7b.jpg (http://s399.photobucket.com/user/guitargeorge101/media/ScreenShot00015_zps0ec54d7b.jpg.html)

Bumbaragum
09-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Breakdown to help us someday get there would be nice....

HJEAL ME!

Braegan
09-10-2013, 10:09 PM
Breakdown to help us someday get there would be nice....

HJEAL ME!

Of course full breakdowns will be included when I get better gear, etc. and the goals I really want are achieved.

The biggest thing I can say is to use all things that boost Cha before hitting Divine Might for a bigger number. Even looking at what I have now, I could have made it better with a Yugo Cha Pot and a higher then +7 Cha item. But, as I said, this is a work in progress and will be updated as I level and obtain ellusive better gear.

And HJEALS are centered on MEH! Stay Close! :)

Braegan
09-11-2013, 09:01 AM
OP updated with initial stats, feats, skills. Will add more later.

Khalesh
09-16-2013, 09:52 AM
How do you use Divine Might on this build with 2 levels of Paladin?

Until you get lvl 4 Paladin you don't get Turn Undead so how do you get the Divine Might to charge up?

Tried this in live and even with using the Extra Turns my Divine Might Charges are always at 0 with 2 lvls of Pali ...

Braegan
09-16-2013, 10:03 AM
How do you use Divine Might on this build with 2 levels of Paladin?

Until you get lvl 4 Paladin you don't get Turn Undead so how do you get the Divine Might to charge up?

Tried this in live and even with using the Extra Turns my Divine Might Charges are always at 0 with 2 lvls of Pali ...

I am using the FvS Enhancement, not the Paladin one, which uses spell points and not Turns.

Khalesh
09-17-2013, 02:19 AM
Ah thanks - i'm not 100% up to scratch on the new enhancements

I have 3x FS lives coming up for my Wizard (3 PLs here already) to max out spell pen and I really enjoy melee FVS builds

I TRd yesterday and went 4 Pally (already 4 Pal 2 Fvs) but for the next 2 lives will go either 2 Pali or 3 (for the save bonuses)

inspiredunease
09-17-2013, 08:18 AM
I have a FvS melee WF build (based on the old soul survivor build) that I am umming and ahing over what to do with post the enhancement pass (pure level 16 at the moment, still have the +20 lr heart). 2 monk for evasion and 2 feats seems nice, possibly even a deeper splash to 6 for shadow veil. Anyone care to do a rundown on a 16/2/2 or a 12/6/2 split? Otherwise I'm going to have to break out the spreadsheets again, and that's just going to end badly for everyone :D

EDIT: Also, anyone done any testing with the new tree yet?

Braegan
09-17-2013, 11:57 AM
I have a FvS melee WF build (based on the old soul survivor build) that I am umming and ahing over what to do with post the enhancement pass (pure level 16 at the moment, still have the +20 lr heart). 2 monk for evasion and 2 feats seems nice, possibly even a deeper splash to 6 for shadow veil. Anyone care to do a rundown on a 16/2/2 or a 12/6/2 split? Otherwise I'm going to have to break out the spreadsheets again, and that's just going to end badly for everyone :D

EDIT: Also, anyone done any testing with the new tree yet?

I thought alot about deeper splashes but in the end that depends on what you want to do with the build. For me I still wanted a character that would be able to provide raid/group healing while putting out respectable DPS, that could stand on the front line and not cumble under a few hits.

Under those restrictions the 12/6/2 gets ruled out. That is under most conditions just a self-surviving melee divine that could throw spot heals at best. And, would restrict you to handwrap use. As you wouldn't be centered with a big greataxe without Kensei enhancements so you would not be able to maintain shadow veil.

The 16/2/2 split while gaining evasion and two feats means wearing robes, which takes a hit on PRR, a loss of level 9 spells, and Wings. I've done both 18 FvS/2 monk and 18 FvS/2 Pal. In my experience saves are greater than evasion. There are more saves that you need to make then just those that allow for no damage on a reflex save.

That really left 18/2 as a sweet spot for splits IMO.

I haven't been able to play with the new Warpriest Tree so far, but I've been reading up on it. Some good, some bad. I would have preferred a Haste Boost over gaining Haste as a spell for one and would've liked more options for Diety weapons. But, it's better for a build like this over what we currently have in game atm.

inspiredunease
09-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Thanks for the response, that all makes a lot of sense. I think I'll wait until the next patch to try out the new tree, take him up to 18 pure, and then see what takes my fancy :D

Braegan
09-19-2013, 08:07 PM
Thanks for the response, that all makes a lot of sense. I think I'll wait until the next patch to try out the new tree, take him up to 18 pure, and then see what takes my fancy :D

no problem. Honestly, delaying more detail into this build until I see the live version of war priest. It probably won't change alot, but some things for sure. Once that gets released I should be capped again and be able to fill in the details.

Yetzederixx
09-23-2013, 01:42 PM
no problem. Honestly, delaying more detail into this build until I see the live version of war priest. It probably won't change alot, but some things for sure. Once that gets released I should be capped again and be able to fill in the details.

I'm giving serious consideration to this build and have a FvS sitting at 16. Since War Priest came live today I'm hoping for an update *rubs hands together in anticipation*

Braegan
09-23-2013, 05:23 PM
I'm giving serious consideration to this build and have a FvS sitting at 16. Since War Priest came live today I'm hoping for an update *rubs hands together in anticipation*

I've been waiting for Warpriest to come out as well. :)

OP has been updated with many more details, including enhancements.

Stoner81
09-25-2013, 09:57 PM
Could you give a level breakdown please bud as in what level to take what class?

Thanks in advance!

Stoner81.

Braegan
09-26-2013, 11:52 AM
Could you give a level breakdown please bud as in what level to take what class?

Thanks in advance!

Stoner81.

Sure.

Level 1 FvS
Levels 2 and 12 Paladin
Rest FvS

You could delay the second Pal level until 14 if you want Blade Barrier sooner, even with mobs saving most the time on a wis dumped build it's still very useful for fast heroic leveling.

Stoner81
09-26-2013, 01:57 PM
Nice one bud thanks :) since you mention Cleaver I am going to assume you use THF all through heroic leveling too :)

Stoner81.

Braegan
09-26-2013, 02:22 PM
Nice one bud thanks :) since you mention Cleaver I am going to assume you use THF all through heroic leveling too :)

Stoner81.

Np. And, yeah pretty much any Two-hander you can get will work. I think I leveled using Canifex, Xuum, some other random great axes I had laying around. EAGA, ESOS, and Cleaver are all top contenders once you get into epics. Even Drow greataxe or Chained Soldier can be a decent substitute while working for others.

Yetzederixx
09-26-2013, 03:47 PM
So I converted my warrior that I hated over to this build and am loving it. Any recommendations for a completionist replacement feat? I'll be 18 before too long and so far simply shifted the feat list down.

Panzermeyer
09-26-2013, 04:00 PM
So I take it you play this build a lot like a uber healing Paladin?

What kind of spells you focus on?
Any of your attack type spells land very well?

Braegan
09-26-2013, 05:02 PM
So I converted my warrior that I hated over to this build and am loving it. Any recommendations for a completionist replacement feat? I'll be 18 before too long and so far simply shifted the feat list down.

Cool, glad you are enjoying it. :)

Possible replacements for completionist feat would be Empower, Empower Healing, Power Critical, or THF.

Braegan
09-26-2013, 05:20 PM
So I take it you play this build a lot like a uber healing Paladin?

What kind of spells you focus on?
Any of your attack type spells land very well?

Well it's been quite some time since I've played a paladin so I might be out of touch with the class a bit. With twists as they are, I play this build almost like a Legendary Dreadnought in Fury of the Wild. Utilizing cleave/great cleave/lay waste/momentum swing chain attacks with liberal Adrenalines and Unbridled whenever I get the charges for it. Not sure if I answered your question fully, but to me the EDs play a larger part as to the playstyle of the build in action then just Paladin vs FvS.

To be honest, outside of some buffs and heals as needed I don't utilize many offensive spells. Since the main DPS of this build comes from melee, mana is rarely a problem as I am not using spells to do damage usually.

Divine Punishment, Searing Light and Nimbus of Light work well. Blade barrier is not a DPS spell for this kind of build in epics, but I still use it now and then for times when I might need to get the agro of everything and kite for a min to give the party a chance to regroup.

It was a tough decision to forgoe DCs, they were a part of what I did on this character for some years. But as it stands in the game, Divine DCs are extremely tough to get to a reliable performance. And to do that would negate any melee DPS of any kind of substance. So with an all or nothing kind of investment, I evolved this version of False to be built and equiped like a melee DPS and abandon DC casting. I considered a hybrid form that would use light spamming spells and melee, but both enhancements and gearing left it to having to choose one or the other to be realisticly achievable.

Stoner81
09-26-2013, 09:27 PM
EDIT - Nevermind please ignore this post.

Stoner81.

Kyodaemon
09-26-2013, 11:26 PM

Possible replacements for completionist feat would be Empower, Empower Healing, Power Critical, or THF.

Considering something similar here as helping to build something for a friend.

Just curious as to thoughts on using WF/Dwarf, and possible use of Stunning Blow? Would start to hurt feat-wise I suppose.

Otherwise, can't say enough to praise this build. Leveled myself using basically this, and recent changes have made this far stronger too.

This build blitzing is something quite remarkable also. Great stuff all-round, and as always - very nicely put forward.

Stoner81
09-27-2013, 08:04 AM
Using Dwarf you would start out with -2 CHA and 1 less feat which is a lot imho, it could be doable I would think on a 36pt build if you re-jig some points about a bit but that is more of a guess on my part than anything else. As for using Warforged I would say a bad choice compared to Human since you have the -50% loss in incoming healing, but if you could boost that so you get as much healing as possible then it might work.

EDIT - Warforged also get -2 CHA at creation.

Stoner81.

Panzermeyer
09-27-2013, 09:40 AM
It was a tough decision to forgoe DCs, they were a part of what I did on this character for some years. But as it stands in the game, Divine DCs are extremely tough to get to a reliable performance. And to do that would negate any melee DPS of any kind of substance. So with an all or nothing kind of investment, I evolved this version of False to be built and equiped like a melee DPS and abandon DC casting. I considered a hybrid form that would use light spamming spells and melee, but both enhancements and gearing left it to having to choose one or the other to be realisticly achievable.

Yes I seem to be gathering that from all the talk on the forums.

I might try this build out as a Cleric rather than a FvS, for the aura. I will have to play around with it and see how I like it. Thank you very much for the feedback on playstyle.

Braegan
09-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Considering something similar here as helping to build something for a friend.

Just curious as to thoughts on using WF/Dwarf, and possible use of Stunning Blow? Would start to hurt feat-wise I suppose.

Otherwise, can't say enough to praise this build. Leveled myself using basically this, and recent changes have made this far stronger too.

This build blitzing is something quite remarkable also. Great stuff all-round, and as always - very nicely put forward.

Hey,

Originally I wanted to work Stunning Blow in the mix. It was both tough to squeeze in the feat and to work the gear in (CM & Stunning). I think I figured it out to be around a 60ish DC, which would be fairly reliable for casters and rogues. I am still toying around with the idea, and am welcome to any suggestions.

And yes, blitzing is very fun I sometimes switch to LD when soloing or in those runs where multiple blitzers have enough to go around or there isn't another one.

samsonov
09-29-2013, 01:29 AM
Hi Braegan!

You think this would work as twf build? I have human lvl18 FvS evoker at the moment and I'm surely going splash him in to paladin for the last two levels. My last life was FvS/Mnk and I was twf, so I have some of his past life weapons in stash. Unfortunately I TRed him too quickly, so I have none ED's, so lots of grinding is ahead of me :) Another question for you is, what is spell selection? I do have an LR stone also in vault so spells and feats are not a problem.

mrphlegm
09-29-2013, 04:13 AM
Hi Braegan!

You think this would work as twf build? I have human lvl18 FvS evoker at the moment and I'm surely going splash him in to paladin for the last two levels. My last life was FvS/Mnk and I was twf, so I have some of his past life weapons in stash. Unfortunately I TRed him too quickly, so I have none ED's, so lots of grinding is ahead of me :) Another question for you is, what is spell selection? I do have an LR stone also in vault so spells and feats are not a problem.

TWF pros:
better single target damage?

TWF cons:
17 dex required
3 more feats required over thf where they are a bit more optional
shorter attack range (this is actually a major issue)
worse cleaves
worse momentum swing

You decide =)

(Personally, i have a 18fvs/2ftr twf, because i wanted something different from playing thf my whole ddo carrier. obviously it works just fine usually but i do miss no fail saves from divine grace and the extra reach from thf. i have a hard time seeing how to fit in twf feats without the 2 ftr bonus feats if you go pally)

Braegan
09-29-2013, 10:58 AM
Hi Braegan!

Heya,

I'll edit the OP to include spell list.

If I were to go TWF again I would splash monk or fighter. The extra feats really are kind of needed to make it work and not be spread too thin.

Personally, I would go half-elf, Paladin Dilletante, 2 monk splash. The extra points needed for Dex would probably come from trimming Con, so you would forgoe Epic Toughness. Losing that feat, and the two monk ones would give you enough for the TWF chain. Lose of the Human Bonus could be Completionist (if you don't have) or posibly Toughness (take as a 26/28 feat if wanted) or Epic DR.

Trade offs would for going this route would be:

- Better Single Target DPS
- Evasion
- Marginally Lower Saves (Paladin Dille and 2 monk levels help recover some lost, but not all)
- Some less HP (lower con, probably lost Epic toughness)
- Less PRR (Robes over heavy armor)

Overall it's less DPS and a bit lighter on hp/saves/survivability, but not terribly so. But, its best gain IMO is that dual-wielding allows you to either have two DPS weapons for more effects to trigger or one DPS and one Utility weapon (like a paralyzer for example) for situational use.

Hope that helps.

samsonov
09-29-2013, 12:34 PM
TWF pros:
better single target damage?

TWF cons:
17 dex required
3 more feats required over thf where they are a bit more optional
shorter attack range (this is actually a major issue)
worse cleaves
worse momentum swing

You decide =)

(Personally, i have a 18fvs/2ftr twf, because i wanted something different from playing thf my whole ddo carrier. obviously it works just fine usually but i do miss no fail saves from divine grace and the extra reach from thf. i have a hard time seeing how to fit in twf feats without the 2 ftr bonus feats if you go pally)

Heya,

I'll edit the OP to include spell list.

If I were to go TWF again I would splash monk or fighter. The extra feats really are kind of needed to make it work and not be spread too thin.

Personally, I would go half-elf, Paladin Dilletante, 2 monk splash. The extra points needed for Dex would probably come from trimming Con, so you would forgoe Epic Toughness. Losing that feat, and the two monk ones would give you enough for the TWF chain. Lose of the Human Bonus could be Completionist (if you don't have) or posibly Toughness (take as a 26/28 feat if wanted) or Epic DR.

Trade offs would for going this route would be:

- Better Single Target DPS
- Evasion
- Marginally Lower Saves (Paladin Dille and 2 monk levels help recover some lost, but not all)
- Some less HP (lower con, probably lost Epic toughness)
- Less PRR (Robes over heavy armor)

Overall it's less DPS and a bit lighter on hp/saves/survivability, but not terribly so. But, its best gain IMO is that dual-wielding allows you to either have two DPS weapons for more effects to trigger or one DPS and one Utility weapon (like a paralyzer for example) for situational use.

Hope that helps.

Thanks for the info you two gave. I think it's best for continue as I plan and take those paladin levels next and try to find a good 2-H weapon for me. Also thanks for the spell selection!!

Kyodaemon
09-29-2013, 09:57 PM
Hey,

Originally I wanted to work Stunning Blow in the mix. It was both tough to squeeze in the feat and to work the gear in (CM & Stunning). I think I figured it out to be around a 60ish DC, which would be fairly reliable for casters and rogues. I am still toying around with the idea, and am welcome to any suggestions.

And yes, blitzing is very fun I sometimes switch to LD when soloing or in those runs where multiple blitzers have enough to go around or there isn't another one.

Have pretty much ruled out Warforged, but a Dwarven build of this with stunning blow is looking quite nice.

One big problem for me is the requirement for 2 fighter levels for the Tactics enhancements. I had planned a 17/2/1 Dwarf which took them, but this plan has been ruined.

16/2/2 still looks quite nice for solo/small group play however. The loss of wings is a big sacrifice for me.

Overall, ignoring the tactics and going for the more all-rounded build is probably the stronger choice.

Panzermeyer
09-30-2013, 09:44 AM
Thanks for the info you two gave. I think it's best for continue as I plan and take those paladin levels next and try to find a good 2-H weapon for me. Also thanks for the spell selection!!

I have been grinding out a life just to get the class. Been running THF.

I have been using the Fire Elemental Great Axe from the House C challenges to great effect.

It has good base damage, enchantment modifier, metaline to get past a lot of DR, and the higher levels have incinteration and I think magma surge. I see great numbers with it. Still using it at level 20.

samsonov
09-30-2013, 11:24 AM
I have been grinding out a life just to get the class. Been running THF.

I have been using the Fire Elemental Great Axe from the House C challenges to great effect.

It has good base damage, enchantment modifier, metaline to get past a lot of DR, and the higher levels have incinteration and I think magma surge. I see great numbers with it. Still using it at level 20.

I know that Cannith items are goodies, but I'm so terrible in challenges :) I haven't done many of those challenges, but every time I check that item list from wiki I drool. I was thinking about going with 2-H sword, because I have a juggernaut which is using, at the moment, great axe.
Decisions, decisions...

edit: typos

Panzermeyer
09-30-2013, 12:24 PM
I know that Cannith items are goodies, but I'm so terrible in challenges :) I haven't done many of those challenges, but every time I check that item list from wiki I drool. I was thinking about going with 2-H sword, because I have a juggernaut which is using, at the moment, great axe.
Decisions, decisions...

edit: typos

Just takes running with someone who can show you the ropes (well that and challenges that have not been broken by new updates).

Challenges are generally pretty easy, and some of them can be some really damn good experience. (I remember 6 starring one of the Extraplanar mining on epic, dragon's hoard I believe 130k xp for 20 mins work.)

I rung them for ing all the time and usually get a really good haul. I had a good mentor show me the ropes, started running them a bit myself and now am quite adept.

Darkrok
09-30-2013, 04:36 PM

I'd honestly take a look at Extend if you end up taking Haste out of Warpriest. Not sure if that's viable or not enhancement-wise but an extended Haste is very yummy and you're not really pressed to take anything else.

molyincide
10-03-2013, 11:48 AM
21 (MOD) + Stunning +10 + Combat Mastery +5 + LD +6 + 10 Base + 3 Past lives = 58

This works if you switch Avithoul with EE backstabbers and replace your seeker item with EE consuming darkness for the mastery. This also frees up your slot for heavy fort.

21 modifier is with divine might running. 24 PRR is great but to fit in SB you'd probably have to drop the ring as well and go for dunrobar, slotting the PRR in the belt and finding somewhere else to put your ins. CHA.

Probably missing\borked something in the calculation, feel free to point it out.

Braegan
10-03-2013, 01:58 PM
21 (MOD) + Stunning +10 + Combat Mastery +5 + LD +6 + 10 Base + 3 Past lives = 58

This works if you switch Avithoul with EE backstabbers and replace your seeker item with EE consuming darkness for the mastery. This also frees up your slot for heavy fort.

21 modifier is with divine might running. 24 PRR is great but to fit in SB you'd probably have to drop the ring as well and go for dunrobar, slotting the PRR in the belt and finding somewhere else to put your ins. CHA.

Probably missing\borked something in the calculation, feel free to point it out.

I'm getting 55 by your math. Can snag another +2 from Tactician Feat, martial ED feat. Other variables to Str can be maintained such as Primal Scream, Tensers, Yugo pot, Ship Buff. Running fully buffed up (sustainably, Titan Grip is nice for a SS but not worth counting as sustainable through a quest) you can get to 63ish. Which is pretty solid DC for stunning blow. Also, the debuff from AoV lowers saves by another two. The gear shuffle and grabbing the feat would take a slight hit to PRR. Since I would probably skip Epic DR as a feat to lose for it, would still put PRR at about 70~ no boost/clickie.

That gear swap was pretty much exactly what I was thinking how to swap it in.

Hmm, I may have to try harder to make this fit in.

molyincide
10-03-2013, 04:49 PM
Also, drop the shroud item and just rely on clickies for displace. That way you can grab EE stolen necklace and put CHA +10 plus insightful +2 there.

If you're really hankering for blur though, putting it on your bracers or using twisting shade would give you exceptional seeker and resistance, meaning you can swap your ghost waking cloak for the cloak of night if you wanted to keep ghostly up. Otherwise you could drop ghostly and have an open cloak slot. That even leaves options for using the bear cloak over consuming darkness if you wanted.

Braegan
10-03-2013, 07:06 PM
Also, drop the shroud item and just rely on clickies for displace. That way you can grab EE stolen necklace and put CHA +10 plus insightful +2 there.

If you're really hankering for blur though, putting it on your bracers or using twisting shade would give you exceptional seeker and resistance, meaning you can swap your ghost waking cloak for the cloak of night if you wanted to keep ghostly up. Otherwise you could drop ghostly and have an open cloak slot. That even leaves options for using the bear cloak over consuming darkness if you wanted.

You are absolutely right, at this point I can give up on needing the 45 HP. Going from 947 to 902 unbuffed really doesn't mean that much. Going to go through some these posts again and do a bit of theory building and I'll put together a wishlist to work from. I just threw together some easily accessable gear to keep the build playable and make a nice SS of. Now I need to go back and refine it some more. Thank you for your feedback.

mrphlegm
10-09-2013, 12:54 PM

I saw something in a different thread and realized i missed a big pro for twf; Smite Foe often proc with your off hand also; meaning you get 80% more healing and vulnerability debuff compared to thf.

Not sure how hard it is for thf to sustain the vulnerability, cba doing the maths right now. I think i usually hit 20% after two smites with twf.

So just a gut feeling but i'd wager twf is far superior concerning red name dps

Panzermeyer
10-09-2013, 12:59 PM
I saw something in a different thread and realized i missed a big pro for twf; Smite Foe often proc with your off hand also; meaning you get 80% more healing and vulnerability debuff compared to thf.

Not sure how hard it is for thf to sustain the vulnerability, cba doing the maths right now. I think i usually hit 20% after two smites with twf.

Yes it does. I was really going to go with the THF on my melee divine. But after seeing that it really was a no call in going to TWF. And then I get get twice the weapon effects, few feats cost (if I want cleave line is still great) and so on.

Going to have to do some tweaking but I will end up going TWF.

mrphlegm
10-09-2013, 01:19 PM
Yes it does. I was really going to go with the THF on my melee divine. But after seeing that it really was a no call in going to TWF. And then I get get twice the weapon effects, few feats cost (if I want cleave line is still great) and so on.

Going to have to do some tweaking but I will end up going TWF.

Mm. I went on the ship to try smiting with thf and realised the math is quite simple lol. Average 5,5 % vuln per hit and -5% for each cycle makes it nowhere close to twf which is two smites then avg 17,5 % for the duration of the fight. (no doublestrike accounted for)

Edit; this is kind of exciting hehe. Finally thf is not the better choice for almost every situation and build, which it has been imo since they fixed cleaves and the release of epic destinies. Feels pretty balanced in regards to a high level (17+) favored soul. Go thf for slightly better multi target damage and feat freedom (i.e. splash pally for godly saves) or twf for a pure dps soul. Or smth like that

Braegan
10-09-2013, 01:31 PM
TWF does have some strong arguements for it, and of course steeper costs (three feats and higher investment in dex). I know points can be taken from con to add into dex, although I do like having that buffer, but without deeper splashing I really don't know where I'd get three feats from.

Panzermeyer
10-09-2013, 03:27 PM
TWF does have some strong arguements for it, and of course steeper costs (three feats and higher investment in dex). I know points can be taken from con to add into dex, although I do like having that buffer, but without deeper splashing I really don't know where I'd get three feats from.

Feats

h) Toughness
1) Maximize
3) Completionist
6) Power Attack
9) Cleave
12) Quicken
15) Great Cleave
18) IC: Slash
21) Overwhelming Crit
24) Epic Toughness
27) Epic DR

ED26) Perfect TWF
ED28) Perfect THF

Well even if you can only pick up one or two of the feats that would be a huge boost.

Personally I would drop Epic DR as it is only a DR 10 and with the amount of damage things doing on the latest Epic content a DR of 10 is insignificant. I would be inclined depending on my gear to drop toughness and thus epic toughness. Or at least just one of them. From those few feats you can pick up 2 to 3 of the TWF line.

As far as the dex. Since you only need a 17 for full line, and you have a +4 tome that needs you hitting 13. Drop con by 1 point, and you have a two or three points to put in dex, and then take one or two of your str level ups and put it into dex. Dropping your str by 2, to get the TWF line, with dual attacks and off-hand procs I am sure you would still far out dps what you are currently doing.

Just some thoughts...

Braegan
10-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Well even if you can only pick up one or two of the feats that would be a huge boost.

Personally I would drop Epic DR as it is only a DR 10 and with the amount of damage things doing on the latest Epic content a DR of 10 is insignificant. I would be inclined depending on my gear to drop toughness and thus epic toughness. Or at least just one of them. From those few feats you can pick up 2 to 3 of the TWF line.

As far as the dex. Since you only need a 17 for full line, and you have a +4 tome that needs you hitting 13. Drop con by 1 point, and you have a two or three points to put in dex, and then take one or two of your str level ups and put it into dex. Dropping your str by 2, to get the TWF line, with dual attacks and off-hand procs I am sure you would still far out dps what you are currently doing.

Just some thoughts...

Well feats made me think more. What kind of 1hander would I use? Previously (well a couple years ago) this character was a TWF melee Soul with GS Khopeshes, yeah times were simplier back then. Going that route would mean another feat for Exotic Weapon, or as I also thought going Longsword with WSS staying centered while it's a spell casting implement. Of course that means two more feats and perhaps more for better stances. The former wielding twin khops might be a marginal increase in some ways but becomes more and more feat starved. The latter would not really be achievable without splashing in something like 6 levels of monk, and that would be a completely different build.

If the option is to keep on using ESOS or Cleaver (almost done upgrading, after tonights raiding just need 3 more comms for T4) over using two longswords (and not enjoying the goodness of being centered in a GM form) and losing HP, PRR, etc I'll stick with THF for now. I am not knocking the idea and it does seem cool as heck on paper. Believe me, I thought about it quite a bit. But, I have to say that I am really pleased in both how simple and clean this build is and how incredibly durable it is. Sure player twitch skill and just it being a very old character on my account have a large bit of play in that. But, this character is tough as nails. And if you are going to be a melee divine, throwing heals around, you don't want to spend time worrying over how quick your own hp is dropping and how your defenses are shattered through.

All the little things in and of themselves don't mean alot. The 50 hp here, the 10 PRR there. But, when added all together and you have a character with 80+ ac (not even trying, buffs would push 100), 97 standing PRR, ghostly, blurry, easily 1000 hp, etc, etc it makes it a very durable melee divine. So, unless the DPS increase is huge (and it would have to be as IMO I am not hurting in that area) I will stick with slightly lower DPS and Super solid durability.

OzDrew
10-17-2013, 09:00 PM

Obviously this is a late reply but I took the Dragonmark for the convenience of D-door while leveling. Will probably swap out for one of the above when I hit Epics. Thanks for posting this, its been a blast so far.

Choopak
11-03-2013, 09:35 PM
Sup man

I've been away for a while... and man how the game changed! I loved my FvS cause he was not a healbot (although i solo healed pretty much everything)
Now i'm back and all the builds i'm looking at are multi class... Yours seems to be the most "melee" so i would love your input on the class...

I had a level 20 FvS, warforged, Lord of Blade build (hope it rings a bell) and was looking for something similar... I mean back then THIS was the melee FvS (with lots of HP, full casting, 15 damage reduction capstone, and a big nasty 2 Handed sword)

So.... my question: can your build be viable as warforged?

Thanks...

Braegan
11-03-2013, 11:02 PM
Sup man

I've been away for a while... and man how the game changed! I loved my FvS cause he was not a healbot (although i solo healed pretty much everything)
Now i'm back and all the builds i'm looking at are multi class... Yours seems to be the most "melee" so i would love your input on the class...

I had a level 20 FvS, warforged, Lord of Blade build (hope it rings a bell) and was looking for something similar... I mean back then THIS was the melee FvS (with lots of HP, full casting, 15 damage reduction capstone, and a big nasty 2 Handed sword)

So.... my question: can your build be viable as warforged?

Thanks...

Well welcome back to the game!

I don't see why a WF version wouldn't be very solid. The hit to Cha ( and DM) can be overcome by the extras you get using a Diety Favored Weapon that isn't a terrible longsword or longbow, hehe. Biggest difference is the DR of old, from being pure, isn't what it used to be. Ditching that for a rock solid bonus to saves and DM really worked out well. For a WF I would trim off some Con and get the Cha to an equiv number.

Choopak
11-04-2013, 03:16 AM
Well welcome back to the game!

I don't see why a WF version wouldn't be very solid. The hit to Cha ( and DM) can be overcome by the extras you get using a Diety Favored Weapon that isn't a terrible longsword or longbow, hehe. Biggest difference is the DR of old, from being pure, isn't what it used to be. Ditching that for a rock solid bonus to saves and DM really worked out well. For a WF I would trim off some Con and get the Cha to an equiv number.

Thanks for quick reply... i still have to look at my thingy (for lack of proper term) for TRinggg. I remember some reset feats/ level, and skills BUT have to be same race. Others reset all and bring you back to level 1. A bit confuse... but once i know, i'll decide (human is nice for no penalties on CHA and versatility) warforged have some nice THF enhancements and they're tough! Gear wise, end game... does it matters?
I mean does it balance between human stuff (armor/ weapons) and warforged's stuff like docent, and the big 2 Handed sword?
Sorry for all the noob question... still lost in all the new things i have to learn to just be able to play, lol!

Braegan
11-04-2013, 07:05 AM
Thanks for quick reply... i still have to look at my thingy (for lack of proper term) for TRinggg. I remember some reset feats/ level, and skills BUT have to be same race. Others reset all and bring you back to level 1. A bit confuse... but once i know, i'll decide (human is nice for no penalties on CHA and versatility) warforged have some nice THF enhancements and they're tough! Gear wise, end game... does it matters?
I mean does it balance between human stuff (armor/ weapons) and warforged's stuff like docent, and the big 2 Handed sword?
Sorry for all the noob question... still lost in all the new things i have to learn to just be able to play, lol!

If you are referring to the LR +20 everyone got after the enhancement pass, then yes it will allow you to repec (kepping all xp/favor/etc) everything except Race, Gender and Alignment. So double check your alignment before using if you plan on splashing pally. Gear wise no real difference, you can make a black dragonscale docent just as well and nothing else is race specific so no worries there.

thouston
11-04-2013, 10:54 AM
thanks for sharing this build, now for the noob questions...

how would this build be on a second life (34 pt build)?
would it lose too much?
id like to take it and then tr into it as a 36 pt build?
should i do something else first?

thanks in advance

Braegan
11-04-2013, 11:05 AM
thanks for sharing this build, now for the noob questions...

how would this build be on a second life (34 pt build)?
would it lose too much?
id like to take it and then tr into it as a 36 pt build?
should i do something else first?

thanks in advance

Build would be fine as a 34 pt'er or even 32 pt'er. Extra points are nice, but you could probably trim a point or two of Con and still easily be in the 800-900 range of HP with a couple buffs. So it really wouldn't lose two much per se.

I am not sure what you mean by should you do something else first?

thouston
11-04-2013, 11:16 AM
thanks for the quick reply.

by something else first, i meant, that if the build would suffer too much should i go another route to get to 36 point build and then come back to this build.

Braegan
11-04-2013, 11:29 AM
thanks for the quick reply.

by something else first, i meant, that if the build would suffer too much should i go another route to get to 36 point build and then come back to this build.

No problem.

Well, that's kind of the beauty of this build while some extras from past lives and couple extra stat points are nice, they really aren't needed. This build could perform quite well as a first life character. I would drop Con to 15. Swap Completionist and Epic Toughness for two different feats. And, that's about it. You would lose a few +1's to hit, damage, etc but nothing build breaking. The biggest difference is the loss of HP. But, even with those changes with comparable gear you would still be 800+ HP which is plenty.

If you do want to pick up past lives to get 36 pts Pally life is nice for heal amp.

Choopak
11-04-2013, 12:44 PM
If you are referring to the LR +20 everyone got after the enhancement pass, then yes it will allow you to repec (kepping all xp/favor/etc) everything except Race, Gender and Alignment. So double check your alignment before using if you plan on splashing pally. Gear wise no real difference, you can make a black dragonscale docent just as well and nothing else is race specific so no worries there.

I have the +20 LR stone, can i use a thing from DDO store to change my alignment? I ask cause otherwise i would not be able to pick paladin... would fighter work the same? (guess not some how...)

Braegan
11-04-2013, 12:55 PM
I have the +20 LR stone, can i use a thing from DDO store to change my alignment? I ask cause otherwise i would not be able to pick paladin... would fighter work the same? (guess not some how...)

Yes you can buy an alignment change from the DDO store. Just make sure you use it before you begin the LR.

Choopak
11-04-2013, 01:40 PM
Yes you can buy an alignment change from the DDO store. Just make sure you use it before you begin the LR.

LOl good thing you told me, i might have done the opposite, hehe

Nahiz
11-16-2013, 06:16 AM
Well feats made me think more. What kind of 1hander would I use?

At heroic levels, I have no clue, at lev23 ¿dual wield Celestias? Though TWF definitively calls for 2 fighter instead of 2 pally.

Mellkor
11-16-2013, 06:43 AM
Current screen shot.

http://i399.photobucket.com/albums/pp73/guitargeorge101/ScreenShot00015_zps0ec54d7b.jpg (http://s399.photobucket.com/user/guitargeorge101/media/ScreenShot00015_zps0ec54d7b.jpg.html)

I am sorry, but this is simply not realistic to maintain. Consider posting numbers that don't require clickying something every 5 seconds. This kind of thing and these kinds of "builds" only mislead people. Your DPS will be about 1/4 of what someone that has half these stats all the time would put out, simply because of the time wasted on stopping to switch gear to clicky something all the time as well as time wasted managing all the rest of the short duration buffs.

Braegan
11-16-2013, 04:03 PM
I am sorry, but this is simply not realistic to maintain. Consider posting numbers that don't require clickying something every 5 seconds. This kind of thing and these kinds of "builds" only mislead people. Your DPS will be about 1/4 of what someone that has half these stats all the time would put out, simply because of the time wasted on stopping to switch gear to clicky something all the time as well as time wasted managing all the rest of the short duration buffs.

I respectively disagree.

I am going to assume you mean str as the main point of disbelief, as that is the one that is boosted the highest.

The only part of that pic that's not really sustainable is the Titan Grip buff. And I mentioned that in this thread that yes it's nice for a SS to show max potential but isn't sustainable.

The only buff that requires a gear swap (aside from titan grip) is Tensor Scroll. I would hardly say that needs to be reapplied every 5 secs.

The rest of those buffs are fully sustainable. Divine Might, Action Boost, and Primal Scream are all just a click away. Yugo Pots last 15 mins, Ship buffs an hour.

So aside from action boost, every buff lasts over a min and only one requires a gear swap. It does take some metagaming to keep the build running at full capacity, but that's not remotely the same as saying it can't be done or it is in any way misleading. Nearly 100% of the time I run between a 70-76 str, not counting Titan Grip.

Braegan
11-16-2013, 06:34 PM
Check some EE solos on YouTube. A lot of players use bunch of short lasting clickies.

Btw I am running your build atm, Braegan. And it's a lot of fun so far.

Exactly.

And I am glad you are enjoying the build! :)

garr71
11-17-2013, 04:25 AM
Im returning and wanted to dust off my level 15 WF FVS, would it be ok if i just took the pld levels at 16-17?? and just do a regular lr (to preserve the +20LR) to fix the build, or are the paladin levels required to be at 2 and 12 ??? (still dusty in a lot of stuff)

Would be something like this:

*Note: This will be an LR from level 15 fvs, already have +2 tomes and don't have the money for bigger tomes atm and its basically to duo with my brother's wf sorc

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.03
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Kenen The Angel Blade
Level 28 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(2 Paladin \ 18 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 441
Spell Points: 2380
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 24
Reflex: 17
Will: 17

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 17 24
Dexterity 8 10
Constitution 15 18
Intelligence 10 12
Wisdom 8 10
Charisma 14 20

Tomes Used
+1 Tome of Strength used at level 1
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 1
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 1
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 1
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 1
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 1
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance -1 8
Bluff 2 13
Concentration 3 15
Diplomacy 2 13
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 13
Heal 2 30
Hide -1 8
Intimidate 2 16
Jump 4 15
Listen -1 8
Move Silently -1 8
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 9
Search 0 9
Spellcraft 3 30
Spot -1 8
Swim 4 15
Tumble 0 9
Use Magic Device n/a 20

Level 1 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+3)
Skill: Spellcraft (+3)
Skill: Tumble (+1)
Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Spell (1): Divine Favor
Spell (1): Nimbus of Light

Level 2 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Heal (+2)
Spell (1): Remove Fear

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Spell (1): Nightshield

Level 4 (Favored Soul)
Ability Raise: STR
Skill: Heal (+1)
Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
Spell (2): Cure Moderate Wounds

Level 5 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Cold
Spell (2): Spawn Screen

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack
Spell (3): Searing Light

Level 7 (Favored Soul)
Spell (2): Resist Energy
Spell (3): Prayer

Level 8 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+0.5)
Spell (4): Holy Smite

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave
Spell (2): Deific Vengeance
Spell (3): Magic Circle Against Evil
Spell (4): Cure Critical Wounds

Level 10 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire
Spell (5): Stalwart Pact

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
Spell (3): Remove Curse
Spell (4): Freedom of Movement
Spell (5): Cure Light Wounds, Mass

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell
Spell (6): Blade Barrier

Level 13 (Favored Soul)
Spell (4): Recitation
Spell (5): True Seeing
Spell (6): Cure Moderate Wounds, Mass

Level 14 (Favored Soul)
Spell (7): Resurrection

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 16 (Paladin)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1.5)

Level 17 (Paladin)
Skill: Use Magic Device (+1.5)

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons
Spell (8): Death Pact

Level 19 (Favored Soul)
Spell (7): Cure Serious Wounds, Mass
Spell (8): Death Ward, Mass

Level 20 (Favored Soul)
Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
Spell (9): Heal, Mass

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Two Handed Fighting

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Two Handed Fighting

Level 28 (Epic)
Ability Raise: CON
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Guardian Angel
Enhancement: Warforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warforged - Healer's Friend (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warforged - Healer's Friend (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warforged - Healer's Friend (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Smiting (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Angelic Resistance (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Angelic Resistance (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Angelic Resistance (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Inquisition (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Inquisition (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Inquisition (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Haste (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Righteous Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Weakness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Charisma (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Power (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wrathful Weapons (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Holy Bastion (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Item Defense (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Sacred Armor Mastery (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Bulwark Aura (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Bulwark Aura (Rank 2)

Braegan
11-17-2013, 08:34 AM
Im returning and wanted to dust off my level 15 WF FVS, would it be ok if i just took the pld levels at 16-17?? and just do a regular lr (to preserve the +20LR) to fix the build, or are the paladin levels required to be at 2 and 12 ??? (still dusty in a lot of stuff)

Would be something like this:

*Note: This will be an LR from level 15 fvs, already have +2 tomes and don't have the money for bigger tomes atm and its basically to duo with my brother's wf sorc

Yes, you can take the paladin levels at 16-17 if you want. Honestly, you could take them at any point. I selected 2 and 12 based on leveling the build from 1, and those seemed the best time to take adavantage of splashng.

Don't worry about tomes too much. You don't need any to make feat pre-reqs or anything like that and will be just fine with +2s until you loot higher +'s.

On your layout. Looks pretty good.
Looks like you are missing the level 12 ability increase and chose Con as 28. I'd still say go Str all the way, unless you are future planning on a +5 con tome and snagging Epic Toughness. In that case it makes sense.

/cheers

garr71
11-17-2013, 09:38 AM
Yes, you can take the paladin levels at 16-17 if you want. Honestly, you could take them at any point. I selected 2 and 12 based on leveling the build from 1, and those seemed the best time to take adavantage of splashng.

Don't worry about tomes too much. You don't need any to make feat pre-reqs or anything like that and will be just fine with +2s until you loot higher +'s.

On your layout. Looks pretty good.
Looks like you are missing the level 12 ability increase and chose Con as 28. I'd still say go Str all the way, unless you are future planning on a +5 con tome and snagging Epic Toughness. In that case it makes sense.

/cheers

Just noticed and fixed it, actually did full str. Thanks for the reply, will try this today ^^

Duplicate_10
11-21-2013, 01:34 PM
I was looking for a WF style of exactly this to LR my lvl 26 into. Looks like someone beat me to it lol.

I'll probably try this out in a few days. Looks like fun.

Braegan
11-21-2013, 08:12 PM
I was looking for a WF style of exactly this to LR my lvl 26 into. Looks like someone beat me to it lol.

I'll probably try this out in a few days. Looks like fun.

Awesome!

Let me know of any changes you would make, your findings, etc.

Really, I found the beauty of the build is its ability to just survive. Some EE's have humbled me at times hehe. But for the most part very little stops this character. And, that's a good spot to be in for a melee divine that is throwing some heals about.

Duplicate_10
11-27-2013, 08:49 AM
Awesome!

Let me know of any changes you would make, your findings, etc.

Really, I found the beauty of the build is its ability to just survive. Some EE's have humbled me at times hehe. But for the most part very little stops this character. And, that's a good spot to be in for a melee divine that is throwing some heals about.

The only thing I'm having trouble getting used to is not having Extend. Its a little bit more work keeping my buffs up. But it is much improved over my older build.

Nephilia
11-27-2013, 01:04 PM
First of all I want to bow at your build :)
I'm an once-veteran-ow-returning player and I was looking for a build to convert my old lv 25 evoker!
This build seems pretty solid and strong and so my compliments to you :)

Said that I've a little question for u... can u pls make a breakdown of final set-up of your gear?
Since I'm rebuild all my toon from build itself to equip I'd like to point directly to the best stuffs I could get and since I missed so much in those 3 updates I don't think I'd be able to improve or figure out by myself :)
Can u pls gimme this little help?

Ty a lot in advance (and forgive me for bad english! XD)

Braegan
11-28-2013, 08:20 AM
First of all I want to bow at your build :)
I'm an once-veteran-ow-returning player and I was looking for a build to convert my old lv 25 evoker!
This build seems pretty solid and strong and so my compliments to you :)

Said that I've a little question for u... can u pls make a breakdown of final set-up of your gear?
Since I'm rebuild all my toon from build itself to equip I'd like to point directly to the best stuffs I could get and since I missed so much in those 3 updates I don't think I'd be able to improve or figure out by myself :)
Can u pls gimme this little help?

Ty a lot in advance (and forgive me for bad english! XD)

Hey,

Sadly, gear is a hot-mess in game at the moment. Random loot in alot of cases being stronger then raid loot/EE gear etc. Hopefully, since some Devs have put some attention into it recently, loot will stabalize and make it easier to build a gear set that doesn't involve playing random chest drop lottery.

That said, the gear list I have on the OP is what I am currently running. Obvious improvements I am looking for are higher + values for stats (I am still using alot of +7 and +8 gear). Otherwise, just equip the build as you would any other melee. :)

ironmagin
11-28-2013, 10:13 AM
So I logged in the other day and was invited to party with some folks I had ran this build with previously. First thing I hear over party chat was, "Okay, now that we have DPS...."
How awesome it was to hear that when joining a group on a divine.

Thanks Braegan, great build.

Braegan
12-03-2013, 08:33 PM
So I logged in the other day and was invited to party with some folks I had ran this build with previously. First thing I hear over party chat was, "Okay, now that we have DPS...."
How awesome it was to hear that when joining a group on a divine.

Thanks Braegan, great build.

Lol, that is great!

Glad to hear you are enjoying and doing well with the build. :)

garr71
12-12-2013, 03:04 AM
Btw, how do you get your prr so high??? i just hit 57... yours is in the 100s

Braegan
12-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Btw, how do you get your prr so high??? i just hit 57... yours is in the 100s

Some of it is SS magic. But here's the breakdown:

Heavy Armor (BAB +6) - 34
Feat: Epic DR - 10
ED Fury - 4
Warpriest - 10
Guardian Ring - 24
Planar Conflux - 15

Standing Prr = 97

+20 Sacred (Sanctuary)
+10 Action Boost

Boosted Prr = 127

garr71
12-12-2013, 09:22 PM
Some of it is SS magic. But here's the breakdown:

ED Fury - 4
Warpriest - 10
Guardian Ring - 24
Planar Conflux - 15

Standing Prr = 97

+20 Sacred (Sanctuary)
+10 Action Boost

Boosted Prr = 127

Thanks for the breakdown, i wont get the 10 from the action boost, but the other stuff is attainable soon, i just hit 26, its been a blast to play even with warforged.

One thing i would love is to have easy access to a good greatsword lol, dunno why the raider's box don't have one =(

Hobgoblin
12-12-2013, 09:25 PM
have a first lifer that just hit cap. thinking of using my free heart to turn her into a lesser version of this.

how would cleric work for this?

Would it be similar, just less sp?

Arkadios
12-13-2013, 11:58 AM
have a first lifer that just hit cap. thinking of using my free heart to turn her into a lesser version of this.

If you're doing this as a cleric I'd follow https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/427304-Radiant-Titan-revisited-Clr17-Pal2-Ftr1-melee-healing-spec Similar builds except the cleric gets 9th level spells at 17 and 18 cleric levels doesn't really give you much, hence the 1 fighter level. But yeah they'd play pretty much the same.

Braegan
12-13-2013, 02:53 PM

Yeah Cleric would be fine. Some less SP, Saves, are about biggest difference...well and living without Wings! On the plus side, Cleric can splash up to three levels and keep 9th lvl spells.

Ancient
01-06-2014, 11:19 PM
I linked to this build from the plus 100%/50% damage thread. One cool thing about the false hope build is that it has the potential to raid heal AND bring a huge DPS contribution to the table via the combination of smite weakness, rebuke foe and Crown of Retribution.

Here is the thread that goes into detail:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434030-The-plus-100-50-damage-builds?p=5218203&posted=1#post5218203

And to the OP... thank you for the build write-up!

Braegan
01-07-2014, 07:34 AM
I linked to this build from the plus 100%/50% damage thread. One cool thing about the false hope build is that it has the potential to raid heal AND bring a huge DPS contribution to the table via the combination of smite weakness, rebuke foe and Crown of Retribution.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434030-The-plus-100-50-damage-builds?p=5218203&posted=1#post5218203

And to the OP... thank you for the build write-up!

Thank you for the cool words. I noticed you said you had some tweaks you would do for this build in your post on the 100%/50% thread. At the moment I am adding on some heroic PL to evolve the build a bit further and would deffinately appreciate hearing any changes you had in mind.

Nodoze
01-07-2014, 02:53 PM

And to the OP... thank you for the build write-up!Thank you for the cool words. I noticed you said you had some tweaks you would do for this build in your post on the 100%/50% thread. At the moment I am adding on some heroic PL to evolve the build a bit further and would deffinately appreciate hearing any changes you had in mind.Ancient,

Thanks for the link over here to this cool thread (and again for all your great threads/comments) and I also really like Braegan's thread/build/ideas...

Braegan,

I wish I had found and studied your thread sooner (very cool and would have saved me tons of pain).

Ancient is, again, right that with only minor tweaks your False-Hope build could leverage much of those tactics/strategies.

Unless I am missing something (I usually am but thankfully kind folk like Ancient usually catch things I miss), with only shifting 2 AP in the AoV tree to pick up 'Crown of Retribution', by itself the False Hope build can bring to a Raid with a designated Tank:

-upto +20% damage boost to everyone (including casters) regardless of source/type;
-upto +25% boost to all melee & ranged physical damage (conservative estimate);
-upto +70% damage boost to all light & alignment based damage from the False Hope (Divine Punishment,etc) and any other light based casters in the group…
-upto +75% damage boost for all TWF melee properly wielding dual Celestia;

If a Half-Elf False-Hope variant with Paladin dilettante could have sufficient saves and just swap feats to get the 3 TWF feats, using the strategies in that thread, I suspect the False Hope would then bring to the Raid Boss fight:

-upto +20 % damage boost to everyone (including casters) regardless of source/type;
-upto +45% boost to all melee & ranged physical damage for the raid on the boss (conservative estimate);
-upto +95% damage boost to all light based damage from the False Hope (Divine Punishment, etc) and any other light based casters in the group…
-upto +100% damage boost for all TWF melee properly wielding dual Celestia (including the now TWF HE False Hope Varient*);
- Huge increases to Raid healing from now dual-procing Ameliorating Strikes AoE and other even bigger AoE Healing additions….

*Note that while the now TWF-True-Nuetral-HE-False-Hope-Varient itself would also get this +100% damage bonus on dual-Celestia for bosses, the total overall boss DPS of the False-Hope-Varient may or may not be 200% of the current False Hope's boss DPS due to the changes and possibly lower base DPS than it's current form... It would have to be tested and may or may not be +200%. I hate to guess but it could well be more than 200% higher current boss DPS...

Sorry the "plus-100-50-damage-builds (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434030-The-plus-100-50-damage-builds?p=5218203&posted=1#post5218203)" thread has so much text...

To get the skinny version I would read the First post and then skip to post #4 in the thread:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/434030-The-plus-100-50-damage-builds?p=5217337&viewfull=1#post5217337

Thanks again Braegan for posting such a nice build as it fits really well to what I was thinking would be great at cap (and thanks to Ancient for linking the two threads together)... I did my best to come-up with something similar to you in post #4 but don't have the end-game on in-game experience to really know the right build and gear/etc... I think I spend more time on ddowiki & enjoy designing/testing builds/ideas more than cap as I have 7 toons with different builds at level 24 (banking 25 and close to 26) that I have been testing and many more ranging from levels 15-21 but between TRs and regular reincarnates/respecs I don't really do Raids and such (our guild only has 7 people and we can't do the end game raids)...

Please review and share your thoughts...

Braegan
01-08-2014, 06:13 PM
Please review and share your thoughts...

Thank you for posting that, it would deffinatley add more to the build to focus a bit more on some light damage. I'm in the middle of getting some more caster PLs so I can't try them out right now; and am going to rebuild False pretty much from ground up, might even wind up a cleric again, but I'm still toying around alot of ideas.

Nodoze
01-27-2014, 11:34 AM
Thank you for posting that, it would deffinatley add more to the build to focus a bit more on some light damage. I'm in the middle of getting some more caster PLs so I can't try them out right now; and am going to rebuild False pretty much from ground up, might even wind up a cleric again, but I'm still toying around alot of ideas.Braegan, How are your Past-Lives coming? After you get your PLs or on one of your TRs it would be great if you could try a TWF-True-Nuetral-HE-False-Hope-Varient with dual-Celestia giving itself & others in the Raid up to +100% damage bonus. For you it is only 2 AP off your current build and it is easy to change back and forth between Epic Destinies if you don't like it (though your Raid-mates may really like it). If you have 10 DPSers in the Raid (counting yourself upfront healing everyone around you) that should be up-to 600%-1000% DPS increase on the Boss/Red-names across the entire Raid.

Nephilia
01-28-2014, 11:41 AM
Hey,

Sadly, gear is a hot-mess in game at the moment. Random loot in alot of cases being stronger then raid loot/EE gear etc. Hopefully, since some Devs have put some attention into it recently, loot will stabalize and make it easier to build a gear set that doesn't involve playing random chest drop lottery.

That said, the gear list I have on the OP is what I am currently running. Obvious improvements I am looking for are higher + values for stats (I am still using alot of +7 and +8 gear). Otherwise, just equip the build as you would any other melee. :)

Here's what I've done about equip :)
Tell me if it's a nice set up by u :)

Head: Black Dragon Helm (+8cos) [35 hp, 200 mana]
Google: Deadly IX of Resistence 8 (Till I get a better one hopefully with a slot!)
Bracers: Greater Convalescence of Superior Parrying
Boots: Halcyon Boots +8 dex, +80 potency, 30% striding [Yellow Slot, +2 ins Wis]
Gloves: EE Nether Grasps +10 Seeker, +2 Str Profane
Belt: EE Daggertooth [Heavy fort, +2 ins cos]
Cloak: Adamantine Cloack of the Wolf +8% dodge, +5 Exc Seeker, Attack Bonus +4, Diversion
Necklace: EE Stolen Necklace +10 cha, Accuracy IX
Trinket : +3 dex Prowess Planar Focus
Ring1: Epic Ring of the Stalker Ghostly, Manslayer, Exc Sneak Attack +3 [+7 wis, Vitality]
Ring2 : Guardian Ring 24 Prr, +8 Str [+2 ins Cha]
Armor : Black Dragon Plate [Globe of True Imperial Blood]
Weapon : Cleaver

I'd have loved to put my hand on a seal avithoul with wis but seems they are disappeared in all ghallanda and the few out there are sold for an amount of shards totally out of my reach :\ so I guess the Stalker will make a decent replacement anyway :)

About ED: Why Fury of the wild instead of Dreadnought with a twist in Sense Weakness, Primal Scream and Brace for Impact or Unearthly reaction?
I tried it out yesterday while solong some quest and it did a pretty perfomant job imho :)
There's a particular reason? :)

Braegan
01-28-2014, 03:47 PM
Braegan, How are your Past-Lives coming? After you get your PLs or on one of your TRs it would be great if you could try a TWF-True-Nuetral-HE-False-Hope-Varient with dual-Celestia giving itself & others in the Raid up to +100% damage bonus. For you it is only 2 AP off your current build and it is easy to change back and forth between Epic Destinies if you don't like it (though your Raid-mates may really like it). If you have 10 DPSers in the Raid (counting yourself upfront healing everyone around you) that should be up-to 600%-1000% DPS increase on the Boss/Red-names across the entire Raid.

Hey Nodoze,

Tring took a back burner to RL lately with no sign of really letting up, hehe. I am on my last Sorc life and plan to go back to FvS after that. I would really like to try something like the above, but sadly I don't have a Celestia let alone two atm. This is subject to change of course, but at this time I wouldn't be able to build on that idea. Right now I am trying to work on a DC focused Divine that has some melee fall back option. The melee would be much less then what I have with the build in this thread, but would be a fall back.

Braegan
01-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Here's what I've done about equip :)
Tell me if it's a nice set up by u :)

Head: Black Dragon Helm (+8cos) [35 hp, 200 mana]
Google: Deadly IX of Resistence 8 (Till I get a better one hopefully with a slot!)
Bracers: Greater Convalescence of Superior Parrying
Boots: Halcyon Boots +8 dex, +80 potency, 30% striding [Yellow Slot, +2 ins Wis]
Gloves: EE Nether Grasps +10 Seeker, +2 Str Profane
Belt: EE Daggertooth [Heavy fort, +2 ins cos]
Cloak: Adamantine Cloack of the Wolf +8% dodge, +5 Exc Seeker, Attack Bonus +4, Diversion
Necklace: EE Stolen Necklace +10 cha, Accuracy IX
Trinket : +3 dex Prowess Planar Focus
Ring1: Epic Ring of the Stalker Ghostly, Manslayer, Exc Sneak Attack +3 [+7 wis, Vitality]
Ring2 : Guardian Ring 24 Prr, +8 Str [+2 ins Cha]
Armor : Black Dragon Plate [Globe of True Imperial Blood]
Weapon : Cleaver

I'd have loved to put my hand on a seal avithoul with wis but seems they are disappeared in all ghallanda and the few out there are sold for an amount of shards totally out of my reach :\ so I guess the Stalker will make a decent replacement anyway :)

About ED: Why Fury of the wild instead of Dreadnought with a twist in Sense Weakness, Primal Scream and Brace for Impact or Unearthly reaction?
I tried it out yesterday while solong some quest and it did a pretty perfomant job imho :)
There's a particular reason? :)

Very nice set up. By omiting the now mostly unneeded greensteel you made room for some more perks like excep seeker, etc.

As far as EDs, I have LD and Fury both capped and swapped when needed. LD is great for soloing, quests where there are so many mobs that can sustain mutiple blitzers, etc. Fury is better for raids, and most groups. It is nice to have both and just change for the situation.

/cheers :)

Stoner81
01-29-2014, 11:13 AM
After umming and ahh'ring about it I decided to say sod it and have now TR'd my main toon in to this build (Epic TR first then Heroic TR) as such he is now 34pt build with the following starting stats:

STR = 16 (all level ups here).
DEX = 8.
CON = 16 (I have a +5 tome here to qualify for Epic Toughness).
INT = 12 (skill points I like them :)).
WIS = 8.
CHA = 16.

So far I have moved some feats round since I have taken Power Attack, Cleave and Empower Healing Spell (I am currently lvl 3 at the time of writing this).

Now why did I do it? Well simply because my main toon was a pure Kensei Fighter which frankly could not survive very well without a healer and I was fed up with it (even with SF pots which hurt to much especially on EE) so I decided time for a change and picked this build.

Thanks again for posting it m8 :)

Stoner81.

Stoner81
02-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Action Surge STR III doesn't seem to work while wearing a STR item m8 they don't seem to stack, I was using Inflame to activate since Inflame says it's an Action Boost so that's some points that could be moved elsewhere.

Stoner81.

Braegan
02-02-2014, 08:06 PM
Action Surge STR III doesn't seem to work while wearing a STR item m8 they don't seem to stack, I was using Inflame to activate since Inflame says it's an Action Boost so that's some points that could be moved elsewhere.

Stoner81.

Ah, sorry was a bit distracted when you sent me in game tell earlier, was wrapping up some xp grinding, now I see what you are saying.

Unless something has changed since I trd the action surge deffinately stacks with a str item. It could be for whatever reason that Inflame is not counting as an action boost. I also had Human Vers Damage Boost which I used alot and deffinately made Action Surge Str trigger and stack with items, etc. If you don't mind try taking a human boost and check to see if that fires off the surge, if it does perhaps Inflame needs to be bug reported for not functioning like an action boost.

Stoner81
02-02-2014, 09:20 PM
Yup will do bud will check it tomorrow and report back just logged out of the game for the night now but will check first thing when I log in tomorrow :)

Stoner81.

Stoner81
02-03-2014, 09:14 AM
OK just tested this now and I am happy to report that the Action Surge bonues do work with Human Action Boost - Damage and Defense and is stacking with a STR item and Divine Might :) so yeah it looks like Inflame is bugged since the description says that it is an Action Boost.

Stoner81.

Stoner81
02-14-2014, 08:04 PM
Hey m8 what are/were you using Maximise on? I can't seem to find anything worth putting it on unless I'm being blind as a bat (which I probably am :)).

Stoner81.

Braegan
02-15-2014, 09:10 PM
Hey m8 what are/were you using Maximise on? I can't seem to find anything worth putting it on unless I'm being blind as a bat (which I probably am :)).

Stoner81.

Divine Punishment and as a bolster to mass cure spells mostly.

Stoner81
02-17-2014, 03:35 PM
Ah right thanks I never use them so I might swap it out for Extend instead.

Stoner81.

Noritine
02-17-2014, 05:22 PM
Sorry if you have already answered this question but how did you get so much prr?
I saw the 24from the guardian ring but other then that I saw nothing that gave you that...

Stoner81
02-18-2014, 06:10 PM
Sorry if you have already answered this question but how did you get so much prr?
I saw the 24from the guardian ring but other then that I saw nothing that gave you that...

Armour, enhancements and feats (I think), I am currently at 70 PRR at level 25 without optimal gear or anything, I could get to 80 if I got my hands on the Guardian Ring.

Stoner81.

Wipey
02-18-2014, 06:51 PM
24 ring
34 Black with Tenser
15 Prowess
10 epic DR
10 Warpriest

20 Sanctuary
10 boost
4 some combination of epic past life, Sacred Touch or just rounding the numbers from black, I think.

~ 100 is very solid in any case.

Braegan
02-22-2014, 08:48 AM

ED Fury - 4
Warpriest - 10
Guardian Ring - 24
Planar Conflux - 15

Standing Prr = 97

+20 Sacred (Sanctuary)
+10 Action Boost

Boosted Prr = 127

Drakyes_01
03-24-2014, 09:36 PM
hello, really like the idea of this build and want to tr my 3x fvs melee that was based from the healer/buffer/melee build from melkor (might have misspell name), to this build but want to be BF meaning taking paladin at lvl 1. Will that really affect this build or might as well tr into human. any help would be appreciated. Want to tr in a few day while I max some epic destinies.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.20.02
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

123 4566
Level 28 Lawful Good Bladeforged Male
(2 Paladin \ 18 Favored Soul \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 539
Spell Points: 2475
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 25
Reflex: 17
Will: 16

Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(36 Point) (Level 1) (Level 28)
Strength 17 29
Dexterity 9 12
Constitution 17 22
Intelligence 10 12
Wisdom 8 10
Charisma 15 18

Tomes Used
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 14
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 14
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 14
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 14
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 14
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 14
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15

Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 28)
Balance -1 9
Bluff 2 12
Concentration 7 29
Diplomacy 2 14
Disable Device n/a n/a
Haggle 2 12
Heal 3 23
Hide -1 9
Intimidate 2 13
Jump 3 17
Listen -1 8
Move Silently -1 9
Open Lock n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 9
Search 0 9
Spellcraft 0 10
Spot -1 8
Swim 3 17
Tumble n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades
Feat: (Past Life) Past Life: Favored Soul
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 2 (Favored Soul)

Level 3 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Power Attack

Level 4 (Favored Soul)

Level 5 (Favored Soul)

Level 6 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Cleave
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Fire

Level 7 (Favored Soul)

Level 8 (Favored Soul)

Level 9 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Great Cleave

Level 10 (Favored Soul)

Level 11 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Cold

Level 12 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Critical: Slashing Weapons

Level 13 (Favored Soul)

Level 14 (Paladin)

Level 15 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Quicken Spell

Level 16 (Favored Soul)

Level 17 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Favored Soul Bonus) Energy Resistance: Electricity

Level 18 (Favored Soul)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell

Level 19 (Favored Soul)

Level 20 (Favored Soul)

Level 21 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical

Level 22 (Epic)

Level 23 (Epic)

Level 24 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Epic Toughness

Level 25 (Epic)

Level 26 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Handed Fighting

Level 27 (Epic)
Feat: (Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed

Level 28 (Epic)
Feat: (Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Warforged Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Construct Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Communion of Scribing (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Power Attack (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Construct Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Power of the Forge (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Holy Bastion (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Sacred Defender (Pal) - Extra Lay on Hands (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Font of Power (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Shield of Condemnation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Aura of Menace (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Summon Archon (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Angelic Resistance (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Inquisition (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Quicken (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Quicken (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Articles of Faith (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Wand and Scroll Mastery (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Angel of Vengeance (Fvs) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Smite Foe (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Resilience of Battle (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Sanctuary (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Blur (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - War Domain: Haste (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Might (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Toughness (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Wall of Steel (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Saving Throws (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Inflame: Energy Absorption (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Ameliorating Strike (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Strength (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Warpriest (Fvs) - Divine Intervention (Rank 1)

Braegan
03-30-2014, 02:51 PM
hello, really like the idea of this build and want to tr my 3x fvs melee that was based from the healer/buffer/melee build from melkor (might have misspell name), to this build but want to be BF meaning taking paladin at lvl 1. Will that really affect this build or might as well tr into human. any help would be appreciated. Want to tr in a few day while I max some epic destinies.

Sorry for late response, but yes you could go BF with paladin at level 1. The biggest difference is having to juggle feats since you can't take a meta feat as a level one paladin. Since this build has a few martial feats it's easier to shuffle what you need around.

Couple points regarding your posted build.

- I would invest in UMD. Teleport scrolls for convience, Fire Shield/Displace scrolls for survivability are very nice to have on hand. Could shave points off Jump, Bluff to make that happen.

- I would take quicken and maximize sooner, IMO. Even as a dump wis build leveling thru heroics is very fast with even a maximized BB and when in combat and self healing I wouldn't ever turn quicken off.

- Lastly I'm not really sold on the value of Blinding Speed as a feat. With gear out there and/or haste clickies I would recommend almost any other feat.

Otherwise looks good, have fun! :)

Drakyes_01
04-02-2014, 08:55 PM
Sorry for late response, but yes you could go BF with paladin at level 1. The biggest difference is having to juggle feats since you can't take a meta feat as a level one paladin. Since this build has a few martial feats it's easier to shuffle what you need around.

Couple points regarding your posted build.

- I would invest in UMD. Teleport scrolls for convience, Fire Shield/Displace scrolls for survivability are very nice to have on hand. Could shave points off Jump, Bluff to make that happen.

- I would take quicken and maximize sooner, IMO. Even as a dump wis build leveling thru heroics is very fast with even a maximized BB and when in combat and self healing I wouldn't ever turn quicken off.

- Lastly I'm not really sold on the value of Blinding Speed as a feat. With gear out there and/or haste clickies I would recommend almost any other feat.

Otherwise looks good, have fun! :)
Don'y worry about the late response, and thx, will take ur advice about umd and consider about meta feats. I think I change blinding speed to something to perfect twf for double strike. I guess the enchancement are okay at least. I am still leveling some destinies (had midterm exams :( so took some time off). Thank for the advice and hope to play this build very soon

Billybobml
06-10-2014, 06:07 PM
Braegan thanks so much for sharing this build with us. I had a TON of fun with it on my path to completionist.

The night before an update is a terrible time to ask, but has anything been changed to seriously hamper this build? I'm still fuming over MotU and my beloved Lord of the Blade build. Finishing up my last ED tonight and hopefully TRing this weekend.

Thanks again for posting such a fun build.

Braegan
06-13-2014, 02:57 PM
Braegan thanks so much for sharing this build with us. I had a TON of fun with it on my path to completionist.

The night before an update is a terrible time to ask, but has anything been changed to seriously hamper this build? I'm still fuming over MotU and my beloved Lord of the Blade build. Finishing up my last ED tonight and hopefully TRing this weekend.

Thanks again for posting such a fun build.

Glad you had fun! To my knowledge nothing has really changed that affects the builds previous performance. Currently False got the last of sorc lives done and is a DC caster type evoker FvS. It's fun, but currently trying to work out a hybrid type to mix some melee and dcs again. Once I get anything a bit more concrete I'll post what I am planning.

/cheers

TrinityTurtle
06-17-2014, 08:33 AM
I've been playing with this build, as I got that stupid sword of shadows to drop for me finally, on my sorcerer. So I was looking for a build to do smoething with it, and I thought trying a favored soul outside of my normal heal bot mode might be a fun, and it's been a LOT of fun, and I just wanted to say thank you for sharing, I've been having a blast even doing it without the completionist feat on Turtel. :)

relenttless
08-03-2014, 04:35 PM
Had 3 year old capped evoker that was going nowhere so I've tr'd and etr'd into this build.

Hit level 7 in 2 days and so far so good, with a carniflex she is doing massive damage, seen crits nudging 300 - took great cleave at 6 rather than toughness though. Is toughness that neccessary these days? I appreciate it opens up epic toughness but I'm using this as a tr build rather than going to far into epics so am wondering whether 20 hit points is worth the feat?
Subsequently wondering what to replace it with, either 2hf or maybe empower?
Her gear setup for heroics is pretty good. Sp is over 1000 already (ioun stone) and hp currently 194. Has a litII greatsword and an SOS waiting, plus minIi hp and con-Op. Going to probably use a lot of the wheloon lvl 15 stuff -the con 8 guantlets look nice, and have leviks bracers for some early heal amp, so am really feeling toughness is not needed.

FranOhmsford
08-03-2014, 04:48 PM
Glad you had fun! To my knowledge nothing has really changed that affects the builds previous performance. Currently False got the last of sorc lives done and is a DC caster type evoker FvS. It's fun, but currently trying to work out a hybrid type to mix some melee and dcs again. Once I get anything a bit more concrete I'll post what I am planning.

/cheers

Wow - False you're still with us?

Was beginning to think you'd quit the game!

Braegan
08-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Had 3 year old capped evoker that was going nowhere so I've tr'd and etr'd into this build.

Hit level 7 in 2 days and so far so good, with a carniflex she is doing massive damage, seen crits nudging 300 - took great cleave at 6 rather than toughness though. Is toughness that neccessary these days? I appreciate it opens up epic toughness but I'm using this as a tr build rather than going to far into epics so am wondering whether 20 hit points is worth the feat?
Subsequently wondering what to replace it with, either 2hf or maybe empower?
Her gear setup for heroics is pretty good. Sp is over 1000 already (ioun stone) and hp currently 194. Has a litII greatsword and an SOS waiting, plus minIi hp and con-Op. Going to probably use a lot of the wheloon lvl 15 stuff -the con 8 guantlets look nice, and have leviks bracers for some early heal amp, so am really feeling toughness is not needed.

Toughness can be skipped, especially since you are said you are mainly using this as a TR build. Empower is a nice choice for bigger DP and THF will be a better option after the upcoming changes to Melee Power are introduced. I am trying to stay current on the proposed changes. As it stands now with the requirements being lifted for OC I was thinking of dropping Cleave/Great Cleave for the TH line. Of course since things are still in development stage I haven't planned anything concrete.

Braegan
08-07-2014, 01:40 PM
Wow - False you're still with us?

Was beginning to think you'd quit the game!

Nah, not really quit. Just taking a break. Been about 6 months since I've played like I was, and a little over a month without logging on once. I'll probably come back in another month or so.