PDA

View Full Version : Just Shiradi: The U19 shiradi standard (16 wizard/2 favored soul/2 monk)

cdr
09-10-2013, 12:34 PM
Build goals:
Durability – Up to 1K HP fully buffed, 28% dodge+10% incorp+50% extended displace, evasion, 60f/70r/50w saves, don’t fail saves on 1
Efficiency – 90+% chance of MM/CM granting 10 temp SP makes primary DPS rotation of MM SLA/MM/FM/SR (with CM SLA+CM for groups) free or nearly free
Flexibility – The high number of feats, high number of skill points, and high number of swappable spells we love about wizards.

There're a lot of interesting splits you can do now for shiradi (14wiz/4fvs/2mnk, 18src/2fvs, 13fvs/7wiz) but 16/2/2 is the obvious next step from the U17 18 wizard/2 monk that was widely regarded as the best shiradi caster split. I think this is the split that sacrifices the least amount of flexibility for the most amount of power gained.

Difference from 18 wizard/2 monk:
Favored Soul enhancement gains: option of 3 universal spell power and 15 HP for 4 AP in Protection, +1 universal spellpower and +2 spell points per point in Angel of Vengeance, +30 force/fire/light spellpower (Scourge), +4% force/fire/light crit (Smiting), and most importantly: +10 temp spellpoints on a force/fire/light crit (Just Rewards)
Other gains: +2 fortitute/reflex/will save, small amount of HP, small amount of SP, 3 level 1 divine spells
Wizard enhancement losses: Cyclonic Blast SLA
Other losses: two caster levels, 1 level 8 spell, all 3 level 9 spells

2 favored soul couldn't be a clearer win. Cyclonic Blast SLA is very marginal - the only reason to cast it is when something is Magic Missile immune, and the most common reason for immunity is Mantle which also blocks Cyclonic Blast (a longstanding bug). Meteor Swarm is a great shiradi spell versus groups, but very expensive and easily replaceable by other spells. Power Word Kill is the most substantial loss as the single best emergency button available, but it does have a 5 minute cooldown. None of the other level 9 spells are even worth discussing for me. The caster level loss is only relevant to a shiradi in that it drops a missile off of Chain Missiles.

If you’re not familiar with 2 monk, it gains you evasion, two feats, +6 reflex save, +3 fort/will save, additional +2-5 universal saves (stance), +9-12 dodge (centered, stance, enhancement), and +3 dodge cap.

The build:
I +5 LRed from 18 wizard/2 monk, so the below level plan isn't necessarily perfect for ease of leveling. I think it's probably correct though to take the favored soul levels at the end since they don't do a lot until you're shiradi. I don’t think taking the second monk level at 15 affects leveling much, and lets you get away with only 1 build point in Dex for Dodge with a +4 dex tome. Note that taking Dodge at 15 with 9 starting dex requires you consumed the +4 dex tome prior to the TR/LR you're doing.

Race: Warforged
Alignment: Lawful Neutral (a few things do penalize Good)
Tomes: Only +4 Dex (for Dodge) and +1 Con (for Epic Toughness) are needed for feat prereqs with the below starting stats, and +4 Int for full skill points. I have all +5 stat tomes, they’re in the store now. And all +3 skill tomes.
Past Lives: No specific ones are really important to the build, though the mana from active Sorc PL is very nice. You'll have to adjust base stats if not 3rd+ life (36 pt build). I have 3x Barb, 3x Fvs, 3x Sorc, 3x Wiz. I'd consider the HP from Barb lives the most useful passive. An extra 120 SP never hurts but this is already the most SP efficient build in the game. +9 spell pen helps landing no-save CC in EE GH and earlier, but very little in EE U19 has SR and what does have it (Shades) you’re not bypassing.

Leveling:

Base stats:
Str 8
Dex 9
Con 20
Int 18
Wis 9
Cha 6

01 Monk
Feat: Insightful Reflexes, Toughness (Monk)
32: 4 Balance, 4 Concentration, 3 Move Silently, 1 Tumble, 4(2) Perform, 4(2) Repair, 4(2) Search, 4(2) Spellcraft, 4(2) UMD
02 Wizard
Feat: Extend (Wizard)
6: 1 Concentration, 2 Repair, 3 Spellcraft
03 Wizard
Feat: Past Life: Sorcerer
6: 1 Concentration, 2 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance
04 Wizard
7: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 4(2) Balance
05 Wizard
7: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 2(1) UMD
06 Wizard
Feat: Mental Toughness, Maximize (Wizard)
7: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 1(0.5) Perform, 3(1.5) UMD
07 Wizard
7: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 3(1.5) Perform, 1(0.5) UMD
08 Wizard
8: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 3(1.5) Perform, 1(0.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
09 Wizard
Feat: Empower
8: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 1(0.5) Perform, 3(1.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
10 Wizard
8: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 1(0.5) Perform, 3(1.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
11 Wizard
Feat: Quicken (Wizard)
12 Wizard
Feat: Enlarge
9: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 3(1.5) Move Silently, 1(0.5) Perform, 1(0.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
13 Wizard
9: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 3(1.5) Move Silently, 1(0.5) Perform, 1(0.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
14 Wizard
15 Monk
Feat: Adept of Forms, Dodge (Monk, req dex 13)
11: 10 Balance, 1 Concentration
16 Wizard
10: 1 Concentration, 2 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 2(1) Perform, 2(1) UMD
17 Wizard
Feat: Improved Mental Toughness (Wizard)
10: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 1(0.5) Perform, 3(1.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
18 Wizard
Feat: Master of Forms
10: 1 Concentration, 1 Repair, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 2(1) Move Silently, 1(0.5) Perform, 1(0.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
19 Favored Soul
Favored by Lord of Blades (Favored Soul, for flavor)
10: 1 Concentration, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 2(1) Repair, 1(0.5) Move Silently, 1(0.5) Perform, 1(0.5) Search, 1(0.5) UMD
20 Favored Soul
11: 1 Concentration, 1 Spellcraft, 2(1) Balance, 2(1) Repair, 4(2) Move Silently, 1 Diplomacy (leftover point)

21 Epic Toughness (req con 21)
24 Epic Mental Toughness
27 Epic Reflex

26 Epic Focus: Spellcraft (req 1 arcane ED capped)
28 Epic Spellpower: Force (req 1 arcane ED capped)

Skill point notes:
* 1 Tumble is actually important – phasing (Unearthly Reactions) through a pack of mobs when cornered is the difference between living and dying. I’ve read that a Skill Tome of Tumble doesn’t grant the ability to tumble, but not personally confirmed.
* What to do with skill points in excess of the core Concentration / Repair / Spellcraft / Balance / Perform / UMD? Search is actually a very relevant skill now, and it’s Int-based. Though Shiradi gives you a static 45 Detect Secret Doors, with an investment in Search you can hit 75 without much trouble. Prior to U19, Move Silently would have been the easy choice as it worked incredibly well when Invising. Move Silently doesn't really do anything with Invis by itself anymore, but Sneaking in conjunction with Invising has been useful and that's where Move Silently comes in. I think the importance of finding hidden doors makes maxing Search first an easy choice.
* I don’t put any points into Diplomacy. My GS HP item is ConOpp which easily puts me over the critical 39; if you wear something different you’ll either have to swap items before tea or put the above Move Silently points into it instead.

Gear:

Docent: Flawless Blue (T3)
+8 Docent, Draconic Mind set, Spell Penetration +3, Spell Lore +9%, Potency +80, Superior Lightning, Blue Slot
There are not a lot of choices for docents. Greenscale does absolutely nothing aside from -10% spell cost, which is good but not great for our cheap spells and not-reducable SLAs. Blue has +3 spell pen (decent for landing our no-save CC), 9% lore for our non-force spells (most importantly Scorching Ray and possibly even Sleet Storm and the like), a slot, and best of all +15 spellpower from the set.
Head: Helm of the Blue Dragon
Ins Intelligence +3, Draconic Mind set (+15 artifact spellpower), Green Slot, Yellow Slot
A very clear best-in-slot.
Goggles: GS 150 SP TTS
+150 Elemental SP, Cha Skills +6, Blindness Immunity, Resist Disease +6, Trap the Soul Guard
I still love the stacking SP and the stacking skills. Once you're locked into 150 SP and +6 cha skills (int skills are on the belt), blindness immunity is the clear best availble T1 effect. This also happens to give you Trap the Soul Guard for the hell of it.
Neck: Clever of Resistance
Intelligence +10, Resistance +10
I think Int + Resistance in a non-swap slot is clearly the way to go.
Cloak: Charimastic of Spellsight
Charisma +10, Spellcraft +20
I want charisma for some bonus sonic spellpower, SP, etc. Spellcraft is obvious. Could get a EE Stolen Necklace also, put GS SP in cloak, and int/resistance in goggles. Could also do Wis instead of Cha for an extra will save, and slot +Cha.
Bracer: Bracers of the Sun Soul
Wisdom +7, Ins Constitution +2, Superior Parrying, Way of the Sun Soul set
Absolutely want insightful saves, and a bracer is still the only slot to get it. Wis and Ins Con fill in holes.
Gloves: Health of False Life
Constitution +10, HP +50
I put this here since it's a non-swap slot.
Belt: Skullduggery Kit (EE)
Int Skills +6, Dex Skills +6, Repair +20, Green Slot
Double (good) exceptional skills on a single item is awesome, and a lot of flexibility with the random effect and the slot.
Boots: GS 45 HP
+45 Elemental HP, Con Skills +6, Str Skills +4, Wisdom +6, Diplomacy +10, Haggle +10, Concordant Opposition
Again, stacking HP and stacking skills. Once you're locked into 45 HP and +6 Con skills, ConOpp is the best choice.
Ring1: Guardian's Ring
PRR +24, Strength +8, Yellow Slot
Going from 14 PRR to 24 PRR doubled the amount of EE hits I can take - great item.
Ring2: Ring of Shadows (EE)
Hide +20, Move Silently +20, Lesser Displacement, Ghostly, Yellow Slot
Gotta have 10% incorp, and this is the ghostly item with the most useful additional effects. I enjoy sneaking.
Trinket: Idol of Fortune (T3)
Good Luck +3, Dodge 8%, Fortification +100, Yellow Slot
Once you've abandoned Twilight, you can use this incredible slot consolidator. It makes swapping in PLIS annoying, but well worth it.
Hand: Thaumaturgy
+10 Quarterstaff, Implement +30, Potency +96, Impulse +144, Resonance +144, Kinetic Lore +20%
Wow do these crush Twlight. I'll miss the +15 spellpower from conflux. Won't miss losing 300 SP every time I swapped Erudition or Twilight out even for a second.

Slots:
Body: Blue: Perform +13
Head: Green, Yellow: Vitality +20, True Blood
Belt: Green: SP +200
Ring 1: Yellow: Deathblock
Ring 2: Yellow: Concentration +13
Trinket: Yellow: Feather Falling

Stats:
Note that this doesn't even include Yugo pots or other short-term buffs, nor includes holy-grail items like +11 lootgen.

Str: 8 base + 5 tome + 8 item + 1 globe + 2 ship = 24 (7 mod)
Dex: 9 base + 5 tome + 1 globe + 2 ship = 17 (3 mod)
Con: 20 base + 2 enhance + 5 tome + 10 item + 2 insight + 1 globe + 2 ship = 42 (16 mod)
Int: 18 base + 5 heroic + 2 epic + 2 enhance + 5 tome + 10 item + 3 insight + 1 globe + 2 ship = 48 (19 mod)
Wis: 9 base + 5 tome + 7 item + 1 globe + 2 ship = 24 (7 mod)
Cha: 6 base + 5 tome + 10 item + 1 globe + 2 ship = 24 (7 mod)

HP:
18 wiz 64
2 fvs 16
2 mnk 16
8 epic 80
Base 176

Auto feat 25
Drac Vit feat 10
3x Barb PL 30
Tough feat 30
Epic Tough 50
PM enh 30
Feat Bonus 175

Con mod 448

Naked 799

50 hp item 50
Vitality item 20
GS +45 HP 45

Equipped 914

SP:
16 wiz 755
Int mod 475
2 fvs 150
Cha mod 77
Auto feat 80
3x Fvs PL 60
3x Sorc PL 60
Sorc Active PL 145
MT feat 145
Imp MT feat 145
Epic MT feat 200
Shiradi L0 100
AoV enh spend 34
AM enh spend 64
AM ES enh 90
Naked 2580

200 sp item 200
GS +150 SP 150
Fvs Bonus 35

Equipped 2965

Endless twist 298

Twisted 3262

Dodge:
Monk center 4
Dodge feat 3
Ocean stance 1
Adept feat 1
Master feat 1
Acrobatic enh 3
Weeds ED 3
Unearth twist 3
Item 8
Haste 1

Total 28

* Note: Dodge is a little wonky; I suspect In the Weeds is at fault. I'm sometimes missing 2 dodge until I deactivate/reactivate stance.

PRR:
Item 24

Saves
Heroic 11 Heroic 11 Heroic 16
Epic 4 Epic 4 Epic 4
Con mod 16 Int mod 19 Wis mod 7
Hardi enh 3 Agility enh 3 Think enh 3
Ocean st 2 Ocean st 2 Ocean st 2
Adept st 1 Adept st 1 Adept st 1
Master st 1 Master st 1 Master st 1
Res item 10 Res item 10 Res item 10
Luck item 3 Luck item 3 Luck item 3
Ins item 4 Ins item 4 Ins item 4
Ritual 1 Ritual 1 Ritual 1
Kob buff 1 Kob buff 1 Kob buff 1
Dragon 6 Unearth 6
Epic feat 2

Fort 63 Reflex 68 Will 53

Skills
Spellcraft: Repair: Concen: Balance: Perform:
Rank 23 Rank 23 Rank 23 Rank 23 Rank 11
Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8
Mod 19 Mod 19 Mod 16 Mod 3 Mod 7
Tome 3 Tome 3 Tome 3 Tome 3 Tome 3
Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1
Item 6 Item 6 Item 6 Item 4 Item 6
Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3
GH 4 GH 4 GH 4 GH 4 GH 4
Item 20 Item 20 Item 13 Enh 3 Item 13
Feat 5 Enh 3
92 87 90 52 56

Diplomacy: UMD: Search: Move Silent: Hide:
Rank 1 Rank 11 Rank 11 Rank 11 Rank 0
Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8 Epic 8
Mod 7 Mod 7 Mod 19 Mod 3 Mod 3
Tome 3 Tome 2 Tome 3 Tome 3 Tome 3
Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1 Mask 1
Item 6 Item 6 Item 6 Item 4 Item 4
Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3 Luck 3
GH 4 GH 4 GH 4 GH 4 GH 4
Item 10 Swap 20 Item 20 Item 20
Feat 2 Enh 1 Enh 1
45 42 75 58 47

Spellpower
Universal:
Shiradi Core 1 5
Shiradi Core 3 5
Fey Form 15
AM points 32
PM points 5
AoV points 17
Artifact 15
Implement 30
Potency 96

Base 220

Maximized 370

Empowered 445

Force: Sonic: Repair:
Spellcraft 92 Perform 56 Repair 87
Impulse 48 Resonance 48
Force feat 20
Riddle of Fire 5

Base 385 Base 324 Base 307

Scourge+Max 565 Max 474

Empowered 640 Empowered 549

"Base" is what you see on your character sheet. "Scorge+Max"/"Max" is what it is in practice.

Critical Chance
Universal: Force:
Magical Training 5 AM Enh 6
Mental Toughness 1 AoV Enh 4
Imp Mental Tough 1 Kinetic Lore 11
Epic Mental Tough 1 Riddle of Fire 1
Spell Lore 9

Total 17% Total 39%

1-(.61^5) = 91.6% chance to crit w/Magic Missile and trigger Just Rewards

----
Edit1 9/10/13: -Mobility +Master of Forms, +1 In the Weeds -1 Energy Absorption. +1 saves, -5% energy absorption.

cdr
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Feats:
7 base + 4 wizard = 11 “general” heroic feats.
9 are the same as 18w/2m and IMO not really debatable:
* Maximize/Empower: Key DPS.
* Quicken: Cannot let Reconstruct be interrupted, uninterruptable SLAs, cloud AOE effects are only usable quickened.
* Insightful Reflexes: No fail every relevant reflex trap/spell in the game.
* Extend: Important when your buffs are caster level 16 – I do not want to recast haste/blur every 90 seconds. 36 minute long buffs also mean not having to remember to rebuff halfway through a long quest, since you don’t shrine as much.
* Enlarge: Gives you a hell of a lot of breathing room and pull distance with SLAs, and makes you much more flexible when you need to cast from long range – you can hit the Reaver in FOT from across the room while kiting dragons, for example.
* Mental Toughness, Improved Mental Toughness: More crits = more DPS. More mana = more longevity. Some people I know have stopped carrying pots altogether – I still carry mine but have only used one, in EE What Goes Up when I was too lazy to go back to the first shrine.
* Past Life: Sorcerer: Disappointed they didn't add crit chance to this. If you don't have Sorc PL you could take an extra Toughness. This would also probably be the best place to take Completionist if you have it.
* I try to put wizard-slottable feats I would never ever swap on the wizard level slots, to make any future swapping easier.

2 are new, freed up from former archmage enhancement prereqs. I’m doing:
* Adept Forms: +1 saves +1 dodge, lets me hit 28% dodge with a +8% dodge item while adding to saves.
* Master of Forms: Ditto.

2 monk feats, same as 18w/2m:
* Toughness: I am never giving up Toughness/Epic Toughness. Every point of HP you shave is another percent of situations where you die when you otherwise wouldn’t have, and 80 HP is a hell of a lot of HP.
* Dodge: Getting hit too much by melee is the build’s #1 risk of death. I want 28% dodge.

3 epic feats:
* Epic Toughness: See above.
* Epic Mental Toughness: Ditto.
* Epic Reflex: Not failing reflex on a 1 means no longer having to worry about a whole mess of situations. Spellcasters become almost a joke – the Disintigrate-tossing EE Shadar Kai are the only casters that concern you anymore. You can stand in any relevant trap in the game all day as if it weren’t there – want to beat the EE Tor blue room with a shuriken? Go for it.

2 epic destiny feats:
* Epic Skill Focus: Spellcraft: 5 force/acid/cold/electric/fire/light spell power does more for shiradi than 20 of any element, I think. Shiradi procs use the spellpower of the proc type, and every element type in existence procs.
* Epic Spellpower: Force: Shiradi has two 7% element procs – sonic and force – and the force proc does way more damage. This one is more questionable, but there’s not much else to take. I don’t think another Toughness adds enough, and ditto Elusive Target (very small % after all the other miss chance) or Guardian Angel.

----
Edit1 9/10/13: -Mobility +Master of Forms, made possible by +1 In the Weeds -1 Energy Absorption.

cdr
09-10-2013, 12:35 PM
Enhancements:
The following 58 core points are IMO not debatable:

Warforged 13
Improved Fort 2/3 [+75% fort] 2
WF Con 2/2 [+2 con] 4
Construct Hardiness 3/3 [+3 fort] 3
Construct Thinking 3/3 [+3 will] 3
Inscribed Armor 1/3 [-5% asf] 1

Archmage [1 US & 2 sp per point] 25
Evocation 3/5 [SLAs] 3
Energy of the Scholar 3/3 [+90 sp] 6
Spell Critical 4/4 [+6% crit chance] 8
Imp Meta 2/3 [-sp meta, prereq points] 4
Intelligence 2/2 [+2 int] 4

Angel of Vengeance [1 US & 2 sp per point] 11
Font of Power [prereq] 1
Scourge 3/3 [force proc] 3
Smiting 2/2 [+4% crit chance] 4
Just Reward 3/3 [sp on crit] 3

Ninja Spy 8
Ninja Training [prereq] 1
Stealthy 1/3 [prereq point] 1
Acrobatic 3/3 [+3 dodge, 3 bal/jmp/tum] 3
Agility 3/3 [3 conc, reflex, max dodge] 3

Henshin Mystic 1
Riddle of Fire [+5, +1% force/fire] 1

That leaves us up to 22 points to play with.

Things I consider traps, avoid:
* AoV Spell Power Boost: Attempting to get laggy boosts to go off is so difficult when I’m spamming spells – and when I’m spamming spells on bosses is when I’d want to use the boost – that I lose more DPS from slowing my casting than I gain from the 20 second 30 spellpower. If you can activate it without slowing your casting rotation, feel free – but I haven’t met anyone so far that can.
* Any form of scroll mastery: You have enough mana that you absolutely do not need to top up with scrolls. If you ever find yourself needing to scroll heal somebody, find a better group ASAP. I do not carry Heal scrolls – I have favored soul CLW if someone’s incapped.
* AM Arcane Bolt/Blast: Still can’t take metamagics for some unfathomable reason. Even if they could, they’re one projectile per target and high up in the tree. The worst possible thing you could spend AP on.
* WF Mechanist: Reconstruct is already hitting you for 550+. Expensive and completely unnecessary.
* PM undead forms: You don’t have the AP to waste, and negative energy healing is terrible. Maxed+Emped NEB hits for half of what Reconstruct does on a maxed out PM, and you are not a maxed out PM.

Things to consider:
* PM Skeletal Knight: For 2 AP, the PM skeleton is now a full on pet like the arty dog or druid puppy. A very capable lever puller and an OK distraction, though it dies quick in U19 EE and can only be resummoned after a shrine. I’d love to take it, but there's just too much other good stuff.
* WF Construct Toughness: You can spend 2 AP for 10 HP up to 4 times in the WF tree. HP is never bad, but it doesn’t grant spellpower or help you hit prereqs.
* PM Deathless Vigor/Warpriest Toughness: PM gets you 30 HP/5 spellpower/5 negative spellpower for 7 AP, Protection gets you 15 HP/5 fire+light spellpower for 4 AP. The former is where I would spend AP on first with “leftover” points. Warpriest is less attractive than the former Protection tree; Protection gave 3 universal, Warpriest is 5 fire/light only.
* AM Core IV Fire Shield: 6 SP extended Fire Shield is a great cost saving and nets you the 1 spellpower/2 SP. It’s not a spell you need to cast 100% of the time though, so it’s only if you need it for a point threshold or have the spare point
* AM Arcane Supremacy: There are two problems with Arcane Supremacy. The first is that it requires 30 tree AP, when the stuff 100% worth taking stops at 26 AP. The second is that it’s only active (at best) 12 of every 90 seconds and you can’t control when it turns on. It’s a nice damage boost, but not nearly as nuts as it looks at first blush.
* Improved Metamagic: You have to take at least 2 AM Imp Meta ranks to access tier 4. If you’re taking just 2, I would suggest Improved Quickening – quickened Reconstruct and quickened AOE CC are your biggest SP costs. The other option is to take 3 ranks of Improved Maximize and stack it with 3 ranks of AoV Improved Maximize for 7 SP maximizing. These two particular trees’ metamagics do stack at the moment, and yes I’m sure it’ll get fixed. You can then reasonably maximize your non-SLA rotation spells, which is probably around a 10% DPS increase in return for considerably increased SP usage.

What I went with:
* Right now, I’m spending 2 on AM Imp Max (in addition to the required-to-be-spent 4), 6 on AoV Imp Max, and 3 on AM Imp Quicken+Fire Shield (to hit 30 AM). 2 on AM Arcane Supremacy = 13 spent. 7 on PM HP = 20 spent, 2 leftover points, which I spent on Construct Toughness 1/10 HP.

----
Edit1 9/24/13: U19.2 gave Riddle of Fire 1% force/fire crit; this moved it into "not debatable".

cdr
09-10-2013, 12:36 PM
Epic Destiny: Shiradi
The shiradi layout is the same it’s always been.

T6:
* Tea With the Queen [2AP]: Can’t beat the extra durability vs bosses, and the rare +75% shiradi proc tea will easy-button anything.

T5:
* Nerve Venom 3/3 [3AP]: Absurdly good crowd control + dps boost.

T4:
* Double Rainbow [2AP]: Double rainbow!
* Elemental Absorption 2/3 [2AP]: Less important with no-fail reflex, but still helps significantly against no-save damage like DOTs. 2 ranks = 10% stacking with everything.
* In the Weeds 3/3 [3AP]: Need to hit 28% dodge.

T3:
* Rainbow [2AP]: Can't have a double rainbow without a rainbow.

T2:
* Prism [2AP]: Can't have a rainbow without a prism.
* Fey Form [3AP]: 15 spellpower and 7 DR/- are a bargain for 3AP.

T1:
* Stay Frosty [2AP]: Key crowd control.
* The one maybe choice, Wild Shots 3/3 OR Healing Spring 3/3 [3AP]:

Wild Shots is 0sp and affected by force spellpower/crit chance, something we’re already kind of good at. It’s a free no-save disintegrate every 15 seconds – upwards of 1K base damage. It does excellent damage to MM-immune stuff, one of shiradi’s few banes. If you throw it during Arcane Supremacy, it can crit for huge numbers. On the other hand, it is a single projectile hit 90% of the time – not good for shiradi procs. I wouldn’t use it in a normal spell rotation.
Healing Spring means no need to top off HP for 5 minutes, and it can occasionally save you from death. It heals fleshies in the group for massive amounts, tics of 500 every 20 seconds can happen with good healamp. It can keep stupid NPCs healed without employing a healer. On the other hand, it’s one per rest and only 5 minutes.
I go with Wild Shots. I highly value the extra boss/immune damage. I would not hate you for picking Healing Spring if you group with fleshies a lot.

Twists:
* Unearthly Reactions: +6 reflex and +3% dodge are both super important. The ability to phase past mobs if you get cornered is icing.
* Dragonhide: +6 fortitude and no-fail fortitude on a 1. This still leaves us failing EE U19 Disintegrates most of the time; another +6 from Perfection of Body in the third slot would put us at around 75% saving.
* Endless Faith/Impregnable Mind/Perfection of Body: Endless Faith is a whopping 300 SP. Impregnable Mind no-fails Will on a 1, but our Will is somewhat deliberately low - IMO there are just not enough Will-save spells around to bother with it. Perfection of Body is probably the choice if you're running EE U19 a lot.

* Note that all the above twists are Tier 1, with the exception of the Tier 3 Perfection of Body. You really don't need to do a lot of fate point grinding for twists with shiradi.
* Note that twisting Energy Sheathe is completely unnecessary for EE Tor or EH FOT. EE Tor lightning trap cannot touch you, and you can save on EH boom even with a couple of debuffs. If you're hanging around the Reaver though, make sure you have your PLIS or Cloak on to absorb debuffs.

----
Edit1 9/10/13: +1 In the Weeds -1 Energy Absorption, to allow -Mobility +Master of Forms.

cdr
09-10-2013, 12:37 PM
Spells:

L1:
* Magic Missle: Key part of every shiradi rotation.
* Shield: Magic Missiles are one of the few things that can damage us (irony?) and 4 AC adds a miniscule amount of avoidance.
* Jump: Thanks to Epic Skills you’ll be at 20+ jump base, but the other 20 needs to come from somewhere.
* Two free slots: I have Sonic Blast for breakables and Feather Fall because I didn’t use to have it slotted on equipment. Merfolk’s is marginally useful. And Grease of course.

L2:
* Scorching Ray: Part of single-target shiradi rotation.
* Blur: I have 25% concealment on Ring of Shadows, but fairly often people still ask for it in raids and such.
* Protection from Energy: Sometimes people die and lose ship buffs. Sometimes it’s even you.
* Invisibility: Swapping to scrolls is too slow. When I want to be invisible, I want to be invisible NOW.
* Knock: Beats spending a 10 TP bell. Most locks in older EE content are quite knockable, U14+ much less so.

L3:
* Haste, Rage, Displace: They keep you alive.
* Chain Missles: Key part of 2+ target shiradi rotation. 1+15/2= 8 missiles to secondary targets.
* Sleet Storm: 50% slowing AOE, and like all AOE procs shiradi. EE kiting is all about slowing down the stuff trying to murder you. Requires someone casting FOM or you swapping boots.

L4:
* Dimension Door: It takes you places.
* Force Missles: Key part of single-target shiradi rotation.
* Repair Critical Damage: On a wiz, Reconstruct has a 6 second cooldown. That is not enough in EE. You need an “oh ****” button when Reconstruct is on timer and you just got hit with the second 700 point Disintegrate in a row, and this is it. Max+Emped it heals for 250-300 noncrit.
* Solid Fog: More slowing AOE.
* Ice Storm: More slowing AOE, quick cast time but short duration. Drop it for Fire Shield if you don’t take the SLA.

L5:
* Niac’s/Eladar’s: Sometimes stuff is immune to MM, and you have to do something. Niac’s is thrown in the single target rotation when something is immune to fire and weak to cold.
* Level 5 is marginal from here out. Cloudkill is the only melee concealment that doesn’t have an obnoxious visual effect, and it’s an ok long term AOE to kite through. Break Enchantment is good for getting rid of annoying “friendly” AOE but it won’t work on most EE enemy AOE. I take Teleport because scrolls are annoying.

L6:
* Reconstruct
* Greater Heroism: Scrolls do not last long enough. You cannot afford to have this wear off.
* Disintegrate: It has a save for basically zero damage, and EE mobs are going to save 19/20 times. But sometimes things are MM immune and you have to do something.
* Shadow Walk: It lets you run faster than Haste while Invising, and scrolls are annoying.

L7:
* Protection from Elements Mass: You need to take it here or at level 5. I like having the party buff.
* Waves of Exhaustion: No-save mass mob slower.
* Power Word Blind: No-save, cheap, low cooldown crowd control. Blind melee barely attack, blind casters barely cast.
* Delayed Blast Fireball: Sometimes things are immune to MM. Sometimes these things are liches.

L8:
* Otto’s Irresistable: Not cheap, not low cooldown, not long range (though Enlarge helps a lot), but no-save and long lasting. EE staple, especially on orange names.
* Power Word Stun: No save, cheap crowd control.
* BDB: Like Eladar's/Niac's/DBF, for MM-immune situations.

Favored Soul L1:
* Cure Light Wounds un-incapacitates fleshies. Protection From Evil saves a wizard spell slot and is 10 min extended, but you're not hurting for L1 wizard slots either and wizard you don't have to remember to reup. Not much after that; I took Remove Fear.

mikarddo
09-10-2013, 05:08 PM
Great writeup, thanks. A few questions though.

1) You write that Meteor swarm is easily replaced by other spells for AoE damage. Which spells do you replace it with that come close to the number of shiradi procs from MS?
2) You dont mention Boulder Toss for twists - how come? Thats very decent damage in my experience. Nor do you mention Energy Burst but thats admittingly more for easy stuff.
3) Stay Frosty - how do you keep that active while having Prism active? Since both are listed as Shiradi Ranged stances I assumed that wasnt possible so I am probably overlooking something important here.
4) Finally, why is Scorcing Ray so high on your list? Do you run out of things to cast between MM SLA, MM, FM SLA and FM so you need Scorcing to fill the void or do you consider it better than one of those 4?

cdr
09-10-2013, 05:28 PM
Great writeup, thanks. A few questions though.

1) You write that Meteor swarm is easily replaced by other spells for AoE damage. Which spells do you replace it with that come close to the number of shiradi procs from MS?
2) You dont mention Boulder Toss for twists - how come? Thats very decent damage in my experience. Nor do you mention Energy Burst but thats admittingly more for easy stuff.
3) Stay Frosty - how do you keep that active while having Prism active? Since both are listed as Shiradi Ranged stances I assumed that wasnt possible so I am probably overlooking something important here.
4) Finally, why is Scorcing Ray so high on your list? Do you run out of things to cast between MM SLA, MM, FM SLA and FM so you need Scorcing to fill the void or do you consider it better than one of those 4?

1) Against a sufficient number of mobs, yes, Meteor Swarm will provide more procs than any other spell. Chain Missile SLA+Chain Missile were already the better choice most of the time though - MS is slow cast, often difficult to aim, and costly. I don't really miss it at all. PWK on the other hand does something unique rather than doing something marginally better - PWK I miss.

2) Boulder Toss / Energy Burst do nothing you need or want to do. You already have all the DPS spells you could ever want, and Boulder/Burst aren't even good for shiradi. Twists are precious things. I could maaaybe see swapping Boulder Toss in if you were going up against a MM immune boss, but I haven't wanted to do that yet.

3) You either know how to use it properly or you don't.

4) Wizard spells have a long cooldown. Sorcs can cycle MM/FM (or whatever else) with no gap; MM SLA/MM/FM is the obvious single-target rotation for wizard, but there's still a cooldown gap between those which needs filling. Scorching Ray is 3 projectiles, cheap, fast cast, double range, and fire (for AoV) - a clear choice for the gap filler. For occasional heavily fire resistant or immune stuff, you can swap in Wild Shots or Niac's. If you meant CM SLA, CM SLA is not part of the single-target rotation. My multi-target kiting rotation is MM SLA/CM SLA/CM/MM, ideally kiting through slowing AOE.

AtomicMew
09-10-2013, 11:33 PM
Nice writeup. I'm considering something like this on my other completionist, as a point of comparison to my sorc. I think I'll probably miss wings the most. Why not 3 or 4 FvS instead of only 2?

mikarddo
09-11-2013, 12:00 AM
1) Against a sufficient number of mobs, yes, Meteor Swarm will provide more procs than any other spell. Chain Missile SLA+Chain Missile were already the better choice most of the time though - MS is slow cast, often difficult to aim, and costly. I don't really miss it at all. PWK on the other hand does something unique rather than doing something marginally better - PWK I miss.

2) Boulder Toss / Energy Burst do nothing you need or want to do. You already have all the DPS spells you could ever want, and Boulder/Burst aren't even good for shiradi. Twists are precious things. I could maaaybe see swapping Boulder Toss in if you were going up against a MM immune boss, but I haven't wanted to do that yet.

3) You either know how to use it properly or you don't.

4) Wizard spells have a long cooldown. Sorcs can cycle MM/FM (or whatever else) with no gap; MM SLA/MM/FM is the obvious single-target rotation for wizard, but there's still a cooldown gap between those which needs filling. Scorching Ray is 3 projectiles, cheap, fast cast, double range, and fire (for AoV) - a clear choice for the gap filler. For occasional heavily fire resistant or immune stuff, you can swap in Wild Shots or Niac's. If you meant CM SLA, CM SLA is not part of the single-target rotation. My multi-target kiting rotation is MM SLA/CM SLA/CM/MM, ideally kiting through slowing AOE.

Thank you for the replies. Wrt 3 - I see - your reply indicates it might be a bug in which case the term properly is amusing :)

cdr
09-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Nice writeup. I'm considering something like this on my other completionist, as a point of comparison to my sorc. I think I'll probably miss wings the most. Why not 3 or 4 FvS instead of only 2?

4 fvs gains you 4% force/fire crit, 1 force/fire caster level
* You're out a feat, which is likely Master of Forms. You then have to either accept not being dodge capped or wear more dodge. You're -1 saves.
* You're down another two caster levels on non-force/fire spells, up a level on force/fire spells. Shorter buffs, less dps in the rare situations you need to fall back on non-MM. Force/fire caster level bumps you a missile on CM, but doesn't really do anything otherwise.
* No level 8 spells, your spell-based CC is down to at best PWB. No keeping orange-nameds dancing.
* Your AP is even more incredibly tight. You have 10 additional points worth of must-take stuff in AoV, and you're also short on prereq points unless you go the double-maximize plan. You'd have to cut the 30 PM HP (and you were already leaving enh HP on the table) and then also cut Arcane Supremacy or 3 dodge.
* You're down HP overall (+base, -enh hp) and up 10 SP at best.

4 fvs becomes hyper-focused on shiradi DPS. I like to retain some more flexibility and durability, but I certainly don't think 14/4/2 is wrong. I think of 16/2/2 as the default, and once you understand it you can make informed decisions on other splits.

3 fvs I hadn't seen proposed yet; that's kind of interesting. You don't lose a feat, lose -1 all caster levels (which doesn't lose a missile on CM), keep level 8 spells, but only really gain the single 2% crit enhancement. I kind of like it.

xTethx
09-14-2013, 08:54 AM
Looks like a good build for sure! Mine varies just a bit, but that is all up to personal playstyle.

danlan
09-14-2013, 06:40 PM
16 wizard loses 1 charge on chain missiles compared to 17 wizard.

Also, by losing meteor swarm, you really do not have a effective way to deal with missile-immune stuff (other than the slow DOTs)

cdr
09-14-2013, 07:03 PM
16 wizard loses 1 charge on chain missiles compared to 17 wizard.

Also, by losing meteor swarm, you really do not have a effective way to deal with missile-immune stuff (other than the slow DOTs)

Not sure what you're arguing. There is no reasonable variant of this build that's 17 wizard. If you're arguing not taking fvs, you've got problems.

kalaka
09-14-2013, 10:56 PM
Looks like a good build for sure! Mine varies just a bit, but that is all up to personal playstyle.

What are you running now?

Drag-
09-15-2013, 08:52 PM
Have you thought of going 15 wizard 3 monk 2 fvs and picking up the light buffs from monk. That is what I did on my shiradi and I love it.

EllisDee37
09-15-2013, 09:21 PM
Solid build, exceptional writeup. Well done.

I'm about to take shirardi from 3 to cap on my wizard; I need the destiny points for a third twist and I kind of want at least one fully capped destiny in each sphere. Shirardi was the no-brainer choice for the primal sphere, but then I realized that I don't actually know anything about shirardi casters.

Now I do, thanks to this excellent writeup. Much appreciated.

cdr
09-16-2013, 10:55 AM
Thanks for all the kind words. I recently added spellpower and crit chance stats to the OP, if you haven't looked at it recently.

Have you thought of going 15 wizard 3 monk 2 fvs and picking up the light buffs from monk. That is what I did on my shiradi and I love it.

I hadn't thought about it. You'd gain 10% run speed and light finishers. Light finishers don't add much to me; you're already ideally swapping to Greenscale and Twilight for buffs, so Dance of Clouds is only saving you maybe 30 SP - and saving SP is not even really something you need to be worrying about. Grasp the Earth Dragon is cute but you don't have the ki gen to do it more than twice in a row.

If I were to cut a wizard level, I think I'd prefer Fvs for 2% more force crit.

DyrtNap
09-18-2013, 03:19 AM
I decided to go ahead and make a 32pt fleshy version based on this build because I don't feel like TRing atm. I LR'd from 18wiz/2fvs into a 15wiz/3fvs/2mnk and am fairly happy. The survival difference is HUGE and dps is essentially the same. I only really feel like I lost 300ish sp which isn't anything to get worked up over with this build.

Pros:
The 35% incorp is VERY nice when accompanied by 28% dodge. I swear I forget to recast Death Aura for like 5 mins all the time (used to a longer timer) and never even notice cuz my health is still nearly full in storm horns EH's. I do notice in EE quicker on some quests.

Hitting 28% dodge is fall down easy.

Cons:
Lacks burst healing. (200ish pt NEB's do NOT count)

Other thoughts:

I took ruin and am pretty happy. Having an on demand 2-8k in **** gear that is no fail is nice (even at 100+sp Its not like we need them anyway). I like to solo so will prob find your feat list better in the long run I just won't like the thought of no on demand burst button.

I decided to drop the one point for the 5 force/fire in favor of the fvs aura. I realize not much of our damage is alignment/light based but looking at my combat logs enough of the procs are to matter more than 5 force/fire spell power. When you add helpless + up to 50% extra on those procs it can get a little entertaining. Its random... but so is this entire build.

p.s. I realize the low amount of times the PM version of this gets hit does devalue the aura procs substantially but I just don't think 5 spell power is worth more for 1 pt if you go 3-4 fvs lvls.

AtomicMew
09-18-2013, 04:16 AM
Nice idea with wraith form lol. That's some crazy survivability.

cdr
09-18-2013, 08:58 AM
I decided to drop the one point for the 5 force/fire in favor of the fvs aura.

Remember that with 19.2, Riddle of Fire additionally grants 1% force/fire crit. Even if Shield of Condemnation weren't pretty worthless - and IMO any guard effect that's not 100% free like Fire Shield is a poor choice - Riddle of Fire is a must-have.

DyrtNap
09-18-2013, 09:45 AM
Remember that with 19.2, Riddle of Fire additionally grants 1% force/fire crit. Even if Shield of Condemnation weren't pretty worthless - and IMO any guard effect that's not 100% free like Fire Shield is a poor choice - Riddle of Fire is a must-have.

Hadn't heard that I would agree that pushes it back in the lead. Especially considering I only get hit probably 30% of the time so the proc is substantially devalued.

I'm gonna do some solo EE and solo raid testing and depending on how it plays out may write up a build heavily credited to you for fleshy fans and former PMs.

Very well written and I'm very much obliged for all your hard work.

Kyshara
09-18-2013, 03:45 PM
Nice thread, I always wanted to roll a wiz shiradi before this update but I chose sorcerer. It was my second life.

I would like to ask you if Just Rewards from FvS is really necessary. I'm asking because Im going to my 9th life and I don't want to repeat lives (I was going to make Wiz 18 Monk 2, so I could use the +20 heart to get a class I still don't have PL,, because if I get three classes I won't be able to get another class and I already have fvs, monk and wiz PL).

I know 10 temp SP is awesome, but...from your experience, can you tell me how much mana Just Rewards saves from your pool? Like, you run EE What Goes Up up to the first shrine where ur sitting around 300 sp (without just rewards), with just rewards how much mana you would have?

I'm about to TR tomorrow and I really loved your build.
Thanks in advance.

cdr
09-18-2013, 04:42 PM
Nice thread, I always wanted to roll a wiz shiradi before this update but I chose sorcerer. It was my second life.

I would like to ask you if Just Rewards from FvS is really necessary. I'm asking because Im going to my 9th life and I don't want to repeat lives (I was going to make Wiz 18 Monk 2, so I could use the +20 heart to get a class I still don't have PL,, because if I get three classes I won't be able to get another class and I already have fvs, monk and wiz PL).

I know 10 temp SP is awesome, but...from your experience, can you tell me how much mana Just Rewards saves from your pool? Like, you run EE What Goes Up up to the first shrine where ur sitting around 300 sp (without just rewards), with just rewards how much mana you would have?

Thanks in advance.

Just Rewards makes MM SLA gain you 8 mana, CM SLA gain you 2 mana. If you double-efficient Maximize, Maxed MM spell only costs you 1 mana, Maxed CM spell only costs 12 mana. Between SLAs and spells, even maximizing your spells, your missile rotation costs pretty much zero mana. This can add up to thousands of mana saved depending on how long you go without shrining.

I've done EE WGU several times with using only one shrine (going back to the one just before the outside of the glacier). If groups would invis past the first part more, I could easily do it without shrining even once. In most quests I usually only shrine to get Tea back or after boss fight(s) where I had to Reconstruct a lot. Even shortmanning EE Through A Mirror, I can do the whole thing including the Beholder and Auralace and only shrine before the end fight. I can do EE Tor without shrining, though unless I'm showing off I shrine before dragons for Tea. And this is with Maximize on - if you don't use maximize, your DPS will be lower but your missile rotation is beyond free - 3/4 gain you mana, paying for part of Reconstruct. If there's a spellsinger in the group, you'll be full on SP most of the time.

To me, the whole reason to play shiradi is for mana efficiency, and Just Rewards takes that efficiency to a whole new level. And let's not forget AoV also gains you 30 force spellpower, 4+% force crit (depending on number of FVS levels), and the full 1 universal spellpower/2 mana per AP spent.

DyrtNap
09-18-2013, 08:06 PM

Thanks in advance.

Honestly you would be crazy to play w/o it once you have your force crit up above 20%. Just like Cdr said you can basically run the entirety of most quests w/o shrining or 1 before boss for tea. I doubt I have the gear for solo EE WGU yet it but for example I can easily solo EH WGU w/o shrining with very little invising. Its nearly limitless DPS if you're smart about how you use spells. If you're just going to hit 20 and TR again it isn't a big deal because you won't have the crit to make it all that terribly awesome until higher lvls even if you did take fvs lives early. But if you want to play the character for a while...

Thats my mostly useless 2c anyway

Kyshara
09-18-2013, 09:25 PM
Ya ya, thanks for the replies guys.
I just Tr'ed my toon on Lamannia and checked for myself (wiz 16 fvs 2 monk 2) its insanely awesome xD

I plan to TR yes, but not in 1 or 2 months. I want to do a lot of stuff, solo a lot of stuff and get all tokens, gears, etc.

TBH the life I had most fun was on Shiradi (my 2nd life) and my previous life with Sireth.

I ran EE LOD (easy, I know, but just for testing). I used everything maxxed but I feel casting MM, CM and FM without Quicken (I use it on SLA ofc xD) is just too slow (maybe I got accostumated with sorc casting) and sometimes is nearly impossible to avoid getting hit and that means your concentration wont save you against 200+ hits.
So what to do in this case?

Thanks in advance :)

cdr
09-18-2013, 10:52 PM
I just accept non-SLA MM/CM being interrupted if I get hit by EE melee. I have enough concentration that ranged/spells pretty much never interrupt, and if you're getting hit much by EE melee you're in trouble anyway.

Ideally find a perch, or failing that cast Waves of Exhaustion and/or kite through Sleet Storm/Fog. If it's just 1-2 high HP guys, use PWS/PWB/Dance.

Kalevor
09-20-2013, 10:27 AM
Hello guys,
I've been thinking a lot of time about this build because my wizard20 shiradi has a lot of lack in the survivability department, low TS, and i kind of like your idea Cdr. I think i can survive without the lvl 9 spells and clearly the double save of sp with maximize plus just rewards is key... Said that i've pretty much solved my distribution of enhacements, feats and skill points... but i'm now figuring out the equipment, because your propossal for the equipment is not completly of my taste...
I 'd like to know your opinion about some changes:
1/ i have fom boots from von and i think are lifesavers in most situation if you are playing solo, so i'd like to put green +45hp somewhere else. I like to have always max hp.
2/ Tod archmage set... i know it's a pain to fit it but offers something quite unique nowdays... improve our critical multiplier *0,5. This is a lot of dps i think, correct me if i'm wrong and i think i can live without the ring of shadows... using maybe boots from road.

I'll put a final distribution of my equipment if i can figure out one that i like but i'd like to know if you think tod set worth the pain.

Kal

cdr
09-20-2013, 11:45 AM
1/ i have fom boots from von and i think are lifesavers in most situation if you are playing solo, so i'd like to put green +45hp somewhere else. I like to have always max hp.
2/ Tod archmage set... i know it's a pain to fit it but offers something quite unique nowdays... improve our critical multiplier *0,5. This is a lot of dps i think, correct me if i'm wrong and i think i can live without the ring of shadows... using maybe boots from road.

1) I don't have Delving Boots (despite probably 80+ VONs), but I do swap to Epic Rock Boots for slip immunity. I don't think FOM really does much for WF beyond slip immunity anyway. EE Spiked Boots might be even better for the balance when facing stomping giants.

Anyway, the gear setup is so well integrated that any swap is going to be painful. The cha/spellcraft is the least painful loss, and it's in the cloak slot because Jeweled Cloak is my most frequent swap, most often in FOT when the Reaver is on the loose. You could probably swap the goggles to HP and the boots to SP though, since losing SP is likely less painful. If you mean running Delving Boots full time, I definitely don't think that's worthwhile for WF. (It's also worth noting that I have a dualbox to FOM me when soloing, and there's frequently someone with FOM in groups.)

2) As far as I'm aware, the TOD ring crit bonuses do not work at all in U19. I don't have Rahkir's, but I tested the Air Savant set out some and it does not apply any extra multiplier.

Kalevor
09-20-2013, 12:47 PM
2) As far as I'm aware, the TOD ring crit bonuses do not work at all in U19. I don't have Rahkir's, but I tested the Air Savant set out some and it does not apply any extra multiplier.

damn! well this make my life easier now... :)

Still, i though that the text and effect of tod sets were modified for the u19 to work fine with the enhacements pass, so it's weird that they let it be that way...

AtomicMew
09-20-2013, 11:58 PM
1) I don't have Delving Boots (despite probably 80+ VONs), but I do swap to Epic Rock Boots for slip immunity. I don't think FOM really does much for WF beyond slip immunity anyway. EE Spiked Boots might be even better for the balance when facing stomping giants.

Anyway, the gear setup is so well integrated that any swap is going to be painful. The cha/spellcraft is the least painful loss, and it's in the cloak slot because Jeweled Cloak is my most frequent swap, most often in FOT when the Reaver is on the loose. You could probably swap the goggles to HP and the boots to SP though, since losing SP is likely less painful. If you mean running Delving Boots full time, I definitely don't think that's worthwhile for WF. (It's also worth noting that I have a dualbox to FOM me when soloing, and there's frequently someone with FOM in groups.)

You could probably drop skullduggery altogether and put +6 cha/+4 int skills on a conc-op GS.

cdr
09-21-2013, 01:40 AM
You could probably drop skullduggery altogether and put +6 cha/+4 int skills on a conc-op GS.

What are you dropping Skullduggery in exchange for, though? It does pretty much the same thing as say, a lootgen - +20 to a skill and a green slot for w/e effect - with double +6 excep skills on top. You'd not only be losing at least +2 on two important skill categories - and also either have to lose more or have worse additional greensteel effects - but also be losing the +20 and the slot.

AtomicMew
09-21-2013, 02:41 AM
I don't feel like +20 repair is super essential, especially on an int based toon. On my sorc, I'm run dual fire/kinetic lore one handers rather than a thaumaturgy stick, which means I need an extra slot for sage's ring (92 potency). Avoiding skullduggery lets me do that, plus it's one less EE i need to farm out. On a wiz with thaumaturgy, you could still probably use the extra slot for, maybe sage's spectacles (decent combustion spellpower/fire lore) depending on how often you use scorching ray.

You_Are_All_Slaves
09-22-2013, 03:18 AM
My Wizard is True Neutral, is it possible to take Monk levels? If not, would Wizard 18/FvS 2 work better than pure Wizard? Also, I don't get how using Stay Frosty is better than Double Rainbow, I hardly ever see stuff get slowed. I see way more CC through random effects than anything else.

Franke
09-22-2013, 04:25 AM
My Wizard is True Neutral, is it possible to take Monk levels? If not, would Wizard 18/FvS 2 work better than pure Wizard? Also, I don't get how using Stay Frosty is better than Double Rainbow, I hardly ever see stuff get slowed. I see way more CC through random effects than anything else.

No, you need to be lawful to take monk levels.

DyrtNap
09-22-2013, 05:01 AM

Yes its definitely better but not nearly as survivable as 16/2/2 (or 15/3/2). Imo wiz capstones are just not good enough to beat out a nearly guaranteed -10 sp and that isn't even mentioning all the monkness(if taken), fire/force/alignment SP & Crit. I think ultimately it comes down to what do you like to do. e.g. If you like to solo EE's and Raids than I wouldn't suggest 18/2.

I say that having played 18/2 up until a week ago and am SOOOOO glad I made the change. I like it so much that I think I'm actually gonna TR into a WF now that ottos boxes are back. I mention it because I swore I wouldn't TR or ever play a WF a long time ago and until now have never been truly tempted. The PM version of this is awesome and a powerhouse in its own right. I love seeing incorp, dodge, dodge, displaced, incorp, incorp... but it has one tiny handicap that prevents it from reaching true greatness. That weakness is only being able to burst heal for 200ish is just not enough during "oh shiz" moments that will still happen even when your chance to be missed is so high.

Re: Alignment - Why not just spend a few TP and buy an alignment change I think they are 20% off right now?

cdr
09-23-2013, 02:04 AM
There's no compelling reason to go pure wizard (or sorc) currently. Fvs offers the +10 mana on missile spells and a lot of force spellpower/crit. Monk offers a ton of durability. A fvs splash would offer you a great deal more mana than pure, but I really recommend both monk and fvs. Consider an alignment change token.

dajg
09-24-2013, 10:55 AM
From the release notes from Mondays patch:

"Each Core Enhancement in the Henshin Mystic tree except for Serenity now also gives +1% Fire and Force Spell Critical Chance. Serenity gives an additional +5% Fire and Force Spell Critical Chance."

So that's any extra 1% crit chance free of charge ...

Panzermeyer
09-24-2013, 11:22 AM

While I cannot account for the other questions, Scorching ray at this level does shoot 3 rays. Each again procs. And it has an extended range than MM. It is something I would certainly run with on a build like this for long range proc power.

AtomicMew
09-24-2013, 11:07 PM
From the release notes from Mondays patch:

"Each Core Enhancement in the Henshin Mystic tree except for Serenity now also gives +1% Fire and Force Spell Critical Chance. Serenity gives an additional +5% Fire and Force Spell Critical Chance."

So that's any extra 1% crit chance free of charge ...

So ridiculous, balance is for nerds right devs?

I'm about to go int based on my sorc and grab a monk splash. Yes, turbine wants you to play like a wizard that badly.

KingofDiamondz
09-28-2013, 09:53 PM
Looks like a great build! The divine splashing on arcanes seems to be a really cool way to go in combo with shiradi. A lot of different setups you can do.

I was thinking of doing a FVS splash like this but I decided to try something different and go with a cleric splash to try something new.

My wizard right now is 15 wizard/4 cleric/1 rouge. He is also an elf and I didn't want to TR again into a warforged so I wanted to come up with something that could be in undead form but get more options and a boost in healing. I figured I'd share a bit about it since this seems like a good thread for it.

After looking through the Divine Disciple tree I really wanted to try using that because it seemed pretty nice even though it doesn't have the temp SP thing like FVS does.

So far I have been loving it even though it lacks evasion like the OP's build. I could of got evasion if I would of only went 14 wizard but I really wanted that extra class feat and to have a couple level 8 spells.

The idea was to be in wraith form, and taking the tier 5 shroud improvement in pale master to get even more incorporeal. Its either 30 or 35% with the shroud improvement. Not sure which one because it says 35% in the enhancement tree but says 30% when you look at the form description in your buff bar. Either way its very nice.

I took just enough to get the evocation missile SLA's from the arch mage tree. Then I went into the clerics divine disciple tree for the extra negative spell power boost, more universal critical chance and also took the negative energy burst SLA.

Note that the negative energy burst SLA goes off your cleric caster level so it doesn't hit as hard as your normal wizard version but for 7 SP a pop it heals pretty decent with the extra spell power. Non crit it was hitting for an average of 100. On a crit it was hitting for an average of about 200. Highest crit I seen so far was around 280. Not bad for 7 spell points. This is with Maximize and empower on it.

I also put a few points into acrobat for the faster sneaking on tier 1 and a few points into radiant servant for the wand and scroll mastery on tier 1. Obviously the 1 rouge level allowed me to put max ranks into Hide and Move silent which syncs up with wraith form which gives you a big boost to those skills as well. The wand/scroll mastery also effects clickies which gave my circle of hatred harm clickie a decent boost in how much it heals for plus being able to scroll heal party members better if need be.

I did not take any racial enhancements because elf didn't really offer me anything and obviously I needed the points for the class trees.

Another cool thing which I didn't even realize until I did the build was being able to load inflict light and mod wounds into my cleric spells, which you can target on yourself and have a couple more options for healing in undead form. They can be a little bit costly with meta magics on but they hit surprisingly well with the amount of negative energy spell power I have. I have not tried them without meta magics yet but I would imagine that it would still be very nice for healing in between fights.

Overall I've had a lot of fun with this build and just wanted to share what I've seen so far using the cleric splash.

PS: Went back and tested out inflict light and mod wounds without any meta magics on. They still hit pretty decent for the very low SP cost, and there cooldowns are very short so they can be spammed on yourself pretty quickly.

Iaga
10-03-2013, 07:32 AM
Epic Destiny: Shiradi
Twists:
* Dragonhide: +6 fortitude and no-fail fortitude on a 1. This still leaves us failing EE U19 Disintegrates most of the time; another +6 from Perfection of Body in the third slot would put us at around 75% saving.
Seeing as how you comment that your fort saves aren't up to snuff, is it worth considering Radiant Power (http://ddowiki.com/page/Exalted_Angel) for an extra 30 light power?

Or does that hamstring your fort saves from fail some of the time to fail all the time? Or are there not enough light procs to make it worth it?

Kalevor
10-03-2013, 07:40 AM
Just to confirm the efficiency of this build...

With a toon with 3 PL (wiz, wiz and sorc), a decent but not optimal gear (some raid and random loot mixed together) and only tome +3 for int, con, cha and dex (rest got tome +2) i can solo most of the content in EE... is crazy good... when i decided to give a chance to the build i was hoping for a increase in the survival department... my pure wiz was sooooo soft.... now Akhnaroth is rock-made. :D

what i've done till now? solo ALL content for flagging to CitW, devil assault, Wheelom and first 2 druid quest... a beast.

Ty for the build cdr. :)

edit: when i say solo i mean EE.

cdr
10-04-2013, 02:48 AM
Seeing as how you comment that your fort saves aren't up to snuff, is it worth considering Radiant Power (http://ddowiki.com/page/Exalted_Angel) for an extra 30 light power?

Or does that hamstring your fort saves from fail some of the time to fail all the time? Or are there not enough light procs to make it worth it?

Keep in mind the fort saves you fail "some of the time" are EE U19 boss disintegrates. I haven't been running EE U19 much lately, but with Perfection of Body in the 3rd slot I think I'm near no-fail even there when fully buffed. Running the two +6 fort twists is my favorite at the moment, but I'd run one +6 fort and the +300 sp from Eternal Faith before anything else.

Radiant Power doesn't do much for you - light procs are pretty infrequent, you only get them as a fraction of the 7% double rainbow procs.

AtomicMew
10-04-2013, 02:57 AM
Keep in mind the fort saves you fail "some of the time" are EE U19 boss disintegrates. I haven't been running EE U19 much lately, but with Perfection of Body in the 3rd slot I think I'm near no-fail even there when fully buffed. Running the two +6 fort twists is my favorite at the moment, but I'd run one +6 fort and the +300 sp from Eternal Faith before anything else.

Radiant Power doesn't do much for you - light procs are pretty infrequent, you only get them as a fraction of the 7% double rainbow procs.

I don't have no fail saves on my sorc. Which bosses are so dangerous that you need to save or die?

cdr
10-04-2013, 03:37 AM
I don't have no fail saves on my sorc. Which bosses are so dangerous that you need to save or die?

The EE Mirror beholder can put a hurt on you, especially if you're soloing. If you fail a disintegrate, there's a chance he throws something else at you before you can heal, or even rarely throws a second disintegrate. The worse situation is EE WGU, where you have Amskar throwing all sorts of stuff at you, potentially on top of disintegrating shadovars and other trash. As per the op though, I'm only recommending the second +6 fort if you find yourself having trouble with dying to disintegrate.

I really don't like dying and losing all of my buffs if I can help it. If you're a better player than me (quite possible) or more tolerant of occasional deaths you can certainly swap some defense for other stuff. There's plenty of room for tweaking.

psykopeta
10-04-2013, 03:38 AM
thx for the gear info, y, gear XDDDDDDDDDDD

i made 1 insane toon which only play while can't tr my main and (i always tr before and update/patch, etc and leave the stuff in the cache, the only safe place in all ddo XD)...well only needed 2 things:

LR- dunno when will be available for BF, idc, i know the feats i want but im not gonna use fred to get em, that mindflayer is just dumb so im using lvling feats yet

gear- is the difference between uber toon and godlike, with random gen that toon is uber, i mean... i called it lametoon, and isn't using fvs because if have to choose between "not shrining in quest" and "having 2 weak points only" i prefer the 2nd option

u opted for the 1st one (and everybody who goes fvs) so sadly you have more weak points, that means non zerging EE, and i'm a fan of zerging as u would know (that's why i called it lametoon xD)

like i said before, thx for the gear, only capped him with 3 ED and equipped random gen stuff that was useful, but knew i could squeeze it more, just didn't know the name of the specific item, this way at least know what to aim for (btw, bracers of the sun soul were in my list XDDD)

and atomic mew,if u don't have no fail on ur sorc, i'm scared where are u putting epic feats and twists on a shiradi sorc, also no fail twists/feats are useful only if the saves are high enough, that's mid 70's

EDIT: btw, deflect arrows is really useful on EE, specially in quests like ADQ2

AtomicMew
10-04-2013, 04:41 AM
I generally use sense weakness or energy burst, unearthly reactions and primal scream. I don't have max gear either. I'm still rocking a +8 cha/+8 resistance item, +8 con item and no resistance ritual. So that's +5 saves as room for growth.

Iaga
10-04-2013, 08:34 AM
Radiant Power doesn't do much for you - light procs are pretty infrequent, you only get them as a fraction of the 7% double rainbow procs.I had wondered if that might be the case ... good to know. I'll just stick with trying to figure out how to get the really good and cool stances working in synergy with each other.

TY

...u opted for the 1st one (and everybody who goes fvs) so sadly you have more weak points, that means non zerging EE, and i'm a fan of zerging as u would know (that's why i called it lametoon xD)...Apologies if i'm reading this incorrectly, are you suggesting that a 2/soul splash makes for a weaker build?

Avocado
10-05-2013, 01:11 AM
Its about the same build i have on my current wizard. Few changes though.
Boulder Toss instead of Unearthly Reactions. Although, a 70 reflex is nice, its not necessary. My wizard does evades everything with 64. Although you do subtract 3 dodge, I thinks its worth it. While pushing 1k hp you need to be able to heal yourself enough to make those 1k hp worth it. W/O enough into repair its worthless. The twilight adds 2 to caster level of recon which it almost 40 points extra on recon plus you can slot recon 132 augment in twilight. Also, how many times are you actually close enough to full sp to make losing 300 sp an actual loss. In my experience, 14 months on shiradi wizarding, i have never had full sp when i need to switch out my twilight. Its about the same amount of spell power with 144 impulse as it in with 2 arcane augmentation and 120 impulse. What ever happen to having energy burst twisted? Its very beneficial to have that 120 spell power for your energy burst which comes on twilight.

And everyone who was wondering about taking light spell power: all shiradi procs are based off force spell power and not the spell power of the element of the proc.

cdr
10-06-2013, 12:03 PM
Its about the same build i have on my current wizard. Few changes though.
Boulder Toss instead of Unearthly Reactions. Although, a 70 reflex is nice, its not necessary. My wizard does evades everything with 64. Although you do subtract 3 dodge, I thinks its worth it. While pushing 1k hp you need to be able to heal yourself enough to make those 1k hp worth it. W/O enough into repair its worthless. The twilight adds 2 to caster level of recon which it almost 40 points extra on recon plus you can slot recon 132 augment in twilight. Also, how many times are you actually close enough to full sp to make losing 300 sp an actual loss. In my experience, 14 months on shiradi wizarding, i have never had full sp when i need to switch out my twilight. Its about the same amount of spell power with 144 impulse as it in with 2 arcane augmentation and 120 impulse. What ever happen to having energy burst twisted? Its very beneficial to have that 120 spell power for your energy burst which comes on twilight.

In rough order:
- Boulder Toss is near worthless for general use. It's super slow cast, very bad to aim, a single projectile, and not even very good damage. Wild Shots is superior in every way, doesn't take up a precious twist, and I still end up only using Wild Shots on MM immune things. You could cast a full MM/FM rotation in the time a single Boulder Toss animation takes.
- You are not going to "evade everything" with a 64 reflex. Mid 60s will get most of GH, but EE U19 is 70+. Step into the the trap room in EE Mirror with a 64 reflex and you're probably gonna die.
- Reconstruct is capped at CL15/150 hp base. Twilight is not going to do anything for you there. I agree that more Repair spellpower is desirable, but not at the cost of force/universal spellpower. My Reconstruct hits for 600, which is enough in the vast majority of situations considering no-fail saves. Even pre-U19 when I was using Twilight, it was more correct to slot Sonic rather than Repair.
- 120 and arcane augmentation is not the same as 144, except potentially in the case of Chain Missile where it gains you a missile.
- And finally, let's not forget that Twlight has no kinetic lore. This means sacrificing your wrist slot to Sage's Cuffs and losing 4 saves plus whatever else was on your bracers.
- Energy burst is not very good for shiradi wiz. It's dangerous to get close enough to mobs to get it to hit, it's only one proc per target, there's no burst for your two primary spellpower types (force and sonic), and you have no DC so it's always going to be for half damage/evaded.

And everyone who was wondering about taking light spell power: all shiradi procs are based off force spell power and not the spell power of the element of the proc.

That's just flat out wrong - proc damage uses the spellpower of the proc. You might be thinking of crit chance, which uses the crit chance of the originating spell - which is going to be mostly force from shiradi wiz.

MalnackConospier
10-07-2013, 09:58 AM
First, I want to say I am having a blast playing this. I don't normally try to do EE and am content with EH. With this build, I am having no worries in that regards.

I am still trying to farm out the right gear to match up to the OP as close as possible. It is a slow process.

One thing I have found to be very entertaining. I have twisted in the tier 4 storm rage. (I think that is what it is called). I have this in place of the fort twist. Is it worth it or am I just getting caught up in the cool animation?

Thanks again for a fun and entertaining build.

DyrtNap
10-07-2013, 04:04 PM
First and foremost I wanted to pop back in to say thank you (again) to Cdr!!! Not just because this is a magnificent build but because you made such a detailed and EXTREMELY easy to follow leveling guide. This is and is going to be a real asset to newer players.

I've finally gotten enough playtime to really gauge the strength of this build vs my fleshy PM (15/3/2) version since I TR'd into a WF (15/3/2) a week or so ago. I said it was superior before but feel like I should come back and kinda spend a bit more time explaining the differences so that other fleshy fans reading this and trying to adapt their characters will know how they stack up. Especially in regards to deciding whether to TR or not.

What PM gains over WF:

*Important stuff*
Easier route to 28% dodge which allows you to drop 3 pts from In The Weeds. (I used 1 pt into Elemental Absorption 2 into Healing Spring for a little extra utility barely noticeable since I solo so much).
35% incorp vs 10% which really is noticeable if you like face tanking everything. (It actually took me a while to get used to having to kite EVERYTHING after losing it. At first I would look down and go "I'm getting hit!!! Is Wraith on???")
HoT from Death Aura is MUCH stronger than it looks. Refer to face tanking statements above.
*ON THE SURFACE the above statement seem to translates into a perceived superior survivability. DO NOT fall into that trap and quit reading*

*QoL Stuff*
Free Feather Fall.
Better immunities. This is handy but not the difference between life and death too terribly.
You look a little cooler (all opinion)
Death Aura will occasionally proc Shiradi stuff.
Skelly for leveling i.e. lever puller (for Elite)

WF Gains over PM:

*Important stuff*
WAY superior self healing.
WAY WAY superior self healing.
WAY WAY WAY superior self healing. For real its better.
More HP.
Better Fort saves.
More Universal Spell Power and Spell Points which = slightly better DPS. ALWAYS remember that even if PM out dps'd this build a live DPSer is >>>>>>>>>>>>>> any dead OP as shiz build.
*In "real world" application the above translates into truly superior survivability i.e. PM has NO "OH SHIZZLE" button that compares to a Quickened Recon. ONE Recon > THREE Quickened, Maxed, AND Emp'd NEB*

*QoL Stuff*
Better spell selection. NEB and Death Aura are both in solid spell levels. It REALLY sucks having to make hard choices in spell selection e.g. like what to drop if you want DD.
Not having Wraith Shroud is possibly a little easier on lower end machines in areas like WGU and its blowing snow and snow glare.
I'm sure WF looks cooler to many of you out there.

Final thoughts:

In the end I think that if you choose to play a fleshy then a Shiradi PM closely resembling this build is probably the best solo/short man build available to you. If you group a lot I think you can get away with a fleshy build and be fairly successful. Just remember that a dead PM <<<< live <insert flavor build>.

That said IT DOES NOT COME CLOSE to the WF build in regards to survivability. Personally I started playing DDO to get AWAY from the stress of being an officer in a moderately high end raiding guild and the leader of a very high end 3v3 PvP team in another MMO. With that taken into account I think there probably is no wizard build that can match this unless DCs in U19+ content get a MAJOR overhaul. I doubt there are very many builds that can compare to this for those that truly want survivability.

CDR thanks again!!! Your build has breathed fresh life into my soloing endeavors which directly means your hard work will allow me to continue soloing DDO's "End Game" content instead of hitting a wall and leveling alts until I quit from boredom.

cdr
10-08-2013, 12:20 AM
I am still trying to farm out the right gear to match up to the OP as close as possible. It is a slow process.

I'm glad you're enjoying the build (and anyone else who's said so too).

I certainly know the temptation to farm out a gear set exactly as posted, and I did think about the posted set a fair bit and think it's quite good. But no set is going to be perfect and the build is certainly going to play fine with different gear, you can change things around to suit what you have and what's important to you. If you enjoy chasing gear (I sort of do), definitely feel free to though.

I also hope the OP set isn't too hard to acquire, other than the Thaumaturgy staff which is definitely extrememly hard to find - don't stress yourself trying to find one. The staff I have is actually a plain Potency 96/Force 144/Kinetic 20, missing the sonic, though I do know a couple lucky people with the full package. EH Blue Helm works just as well as EE, and even EN would just as well since there's no blue augs you need to slot with the set.

One thing I have found to be very entertaining. I have twisted in the tier 4 storm rage. (I think that is what it is called). I have this in place of the fort twist. Is it worth it or am I just getting caught up in the cool animation?

I haven't ever actually tried Stormrage with the build, but I did play with it while leveling through Primal Avatar. It's 50SP for 12 seconds, which alone pretty much disqualifies it unless you're mana dumping on a boss. It's also DC50 for half, which means it's effectively 1d25 in EE - pretty unimpressive even though it's going off every second - and evasion mobs completely ignore it.

AtomicMew
10-08-2013, 12:27 AM
Storm rage used to be pretty decent on an air savant, but it's been stealth nerfed and proxy nerfed so I don't think it's worth it. There are quite a few things that make it not as good as before:

1) Casting time animation has been added sometime around U18/U19.
2) Reflex DC remains constant while mob saves have gone up
3) A general increase in stunnable mobs even during boss fights, making sense weakness relatively stronger. EE GH had lots of mobs that are not stunnable with nerve venom and lots of boss fights had no trash mobs.
4) does not proc conduction

mikarddo
10-09-2013, 03:48 AM
I may be overlooking something - but no striding item?

psykopeta
10-09-2013, 04:23 AM
In rough order:
That's just flat out wrong - proc damage uses the spellpower of the proc. You might be thinking of crit chance, which uses the crit chance of the originating spell - which is going to be mostly force from shiradi wiz.

iirc shiradi rainbow works like prismatic spells: uses the highest spellpower and crit chance

Ormagnag
10-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Hello.

Thanks for a great layout.

I am a returning player(about ten months away i think). I am busy respeccing all my chars.
One of them is a first life wf 18wiz/rog2 am that is specced for necro and enchantment. Current dc for necro is 47 with room for improvement to low 50 i think.

I like the concept of youre build. But i have about no epic destiny xp. So i was wondering is your build doable without shiradi or should i stay what i am till i can access shiradi.

I am also not sure i would run with stay frosty and prism active, since that was not really intended.

Thanks for any reply or suggestions.

cdr
10-09-2013, 11:35 AM
I may be overlooking something - but no striding item?

I have Quiver of Alacrity, which I guess maybe I should list - the quiver slot isn't in my character template spreadsheet. I haste myself pretty much 100% of the time anyway though, 1 reflex+1 dodge+2.5% extra speed is too good not to.

I like the concept of youre build. But i have about no epic destiny xp. So i was wondering is your build doable without shiradi or should i stay what i am till i can access shiradi.

Magic missiles are going to be pretty subpar until you get into shiradi unfortunately. You're best off running as a vanilla wizard until that point, which is not such a bad thing. I think going from 0 Fatesinger to 0 Shiradi is 4 fatesinger+3 shadowdancer+4 legendary = 2.8M xp, which is a bit but quite doable with running epics. 2.8M xp is not even quite level 25. Some people use Keys of Destiny from the store to skip unlocking some of the in between stuff.

Once you're in shiradi, you can switch over to magic missile spamming fine around rank 2.5, when you have Rainbow and Favorable Winds (sonic proc).

vyvy3369
10-13-2013, 10:08 PM
Sorry for the potential thread hijack, but I figured this was a good place to comment on something that people playing this type of build would potentially have run into as well. I very much appreciate the thread, it helped a lot while planning.

I've been playing a similar character, and have been having some difficulties with Just Rewards causing significant lag (which I'll admit up front is possibly PC-related). It was bugging me enough that I tracked down the issue specifically to Just Rewards - any spell that triggers the temporary spell points causes a noticeable lag spike / graphics delay if I have the enhancement trained, and without the enhancement my gameplay is normal. It's probably not technically lag, but even lowering my graphics settings to the lowest possible options and switching DX versions didn't help. I have also tried turning off any options that I could find that could be related, such as combat feedback. While this is occurring, I do not see any spikes in CPU or memory use. I only play one character, and this is frustrating enough that I need to do something to get rid of this behavior.

So yes, it may very well just be my PC, which would be rather unfortunate. It's somewhat older, and it wasn't exactly a high-end PC, but I'm not going to purchase a new one / upgrade just so that this one enhancement will work well for me. However, if any of you are familiar with some setting that might help, I'd appreciate the feedback.

While researching, I came across some odd behavior with temporary SP in general. I had heard a guildie commenting that his temporary SP continues to grow indefinitely on his AA ranger. And while searching for any answers to the above problem, I came across https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/426906-Are-temporary-Spell-points-broken, which matches with some of my own observations lately. For example, I was down to ~150 SP on an EE Detour yesterday, used several chain missiles, and noticed that it claimed I had ~360 SP including the temp SP. So, my hope is that perhaps there's just something weird going on with temporary SP in general, in which case others might have run into this, and maybe Turbine will fix it some day.

AtomicMew
10-13-2013, 11:47 PM
What Xyy is basically right. Just rewards doesn't stack with itself, your SP ramping up is just a graphical glitch.

Not sure why you are lagging on every cast though, I haven't experienced that.

cdr
10-13-2013, 11:50 PM
- I've definitely heard several reports of temp SP grants causing people lag, most AAs with their Moonbow/Runebow. That said, I don't think Just Rewards causes me any lag. I do lag badly in Wheloon and to some extent in the Storm Horns, but elsewhere I don't have any problems, so I don't think it's Just Rewards.

- Temp SP will continue appearing to "stack" when it shouldn't until its duration expires, but it's purely a graphical glitch. I notice it, but it doesn't affect gameplay at all since what my SP is at doesn't really matter.

DyrtNap
10-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I got a Radiance + Impulse drop last night that let me do a little testing. My testing has led me to want see if anyone else might think (and preferably have math to back it up) that Radiance > Sonic. Radiance covers about 30% of the random 1d100 as well as a (presumably) larger portion of the random effect damage. Since they have now given us 138 spell power red augments could we not call any combination Impulse, Resonance or Radiance of Kinetic lore with a red slot maybe a "soft" BIS. Lately I've also been wondering if the larger avg procs that Radiance covers may help put it in a more important role than Sonic. When we have light, evil, chaotic, lawful and good (I'm terrible at math so I cant prove it).

From anecdotal evidence I can say a 138 Radiance + Impulse "feels" stronger than Sonic + Impulse but I'm just not sure if its my imagination or just luck since it was only 5hrs of testing. Although in reality it may be a moot point since you can get any combo with Kinetic Lore and slot the 3rd while waiting (breath not being held) for a 144 version of choice but it still might be good to know for choices involving other slots e.g. Sonic Lore vs Radiance Lore. If nothing else it seems to me that slotted Radiance > slotted Combustion.

Also I have had ZERO lag issues with Just Rewards or temp SP of any kind.

Iaga
10-20-2013, 01:31 PM
Just chiming in with more support that this is a very solid build.

Not noticing any lag with just rewards.

I'm really lazy with gear until i get to cap, as a result i was wearing the glacial gloves out of VoD. Maximize costs me 3 SP ... :eek:

DyrtNap
10-24-2013, 03:39 AM
Has anyone else tried Hellball? If you haven't you may want to. I mean seriously how many choices do you have? Is 5 spellcraft better.

I personally listened to all the forumites that call Hellball useless and trash. That is until last night when I said screw 5 spellcraft.

It actually has REAL potential for a Shiradi. The AOE size is HUGE it gives 4 proc chances on unlimited targets and even w/o a proc I was averaging 400 per element. Granted the damage #'s are from EH since Im grinding out fate pts atm BUT that in no way invalidates the size of the AOE and the proc opportunities. In essence it feels like having Meteor Swarm again with a better aoe and targeting mechanism and similar damage/proc chance. You can reliably fish for invisible mobs because of the explosion radius which seems about 5x the size of any similar projectile AOE.

* Since I'm sure someone will argue that the OP is correct and 5 Spellcraft is > than either Ruin or Hellball I'll go ahead and leave my answer ahead of time. *

I also would argue using the OP's epic feat choices and drop the skill focus for ruin and come out WAY on top as well. I'm using both but my reflex saves are only low 60's so no fail on a 1 isn't quite as useful yet as I would like. Having both REALLY makes grinding out ED's much more pleasant.

I honestly can't really believe I actually took Skill Focus Spellcraft my 1st life on this toon. 5 Spell Power is laughably small. 5 spell power MIGHT up your DPS by 0.03% if you're standing still but many of us solo and NEVER face tank a EE mob. This isn't WoW. We don't stand around mashing out a 5 spell rotation for 20 mins so we can jerk each other off while we brag about how the RNG Gods gave you a 0.03% DPS increase over last week.

Ormagnag
11-12-2013, 12:18 PM
Hoi,
Been enjoying this build and capped my shiradi and my draconic tree.
I had 7 points in palemaster 1 for core and 6 on +15hp. 0.75 universal spell power per point spend

With the new eldritch knight enhancement i changed those 7 and one from wf -5% arcane spell failure to
the first two cores: +10 force spell power -5% arcane failure, 0.5 universal spell power per point spend
3 in toughness +15hp
3 in battle mage +3 concentration +3 intimidate +3 spellcraft.

Basic idea i loose nothing except some negative spellpower and i gain some force spellpower(11.75) and a little spellpower for all the rest(1.75).

Also thinking about free up four more points somewhere then i would shift toughness to improved mage armor then another 3 for improved shield for +10ppr and another core for another +10 force. 10ppr probably better then 15hp i think. Not sure where to get those three points however. i wouldn't mind giving up arcane supremacy for 2 points not sure where to get the third and fourth one. Tips welcome

Btw they fixed stay frosty so that will be missed by me.

Ancient
11-12-2013, 05:00 PM
I gave you +1 on the OP a long time ago, but I wanted to post a thank you and a kudos for an amazing build thread.

To put this in perspective...
I spent most of my time in beta toying with the FVS splash/enhancements:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415582-Divine-Reactor-13-FVS-7-Wiz

I went through the effort to do a build post just after u19:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/422672-GrandMaster-Scourge-(Palemaster-Shiradi-AoV)

I refer people to your thread when they ask about a guide to a shiradi build. Even though I still like wraith form, you have put an amazing amount effort into a detailed presentation and well reasoned explanations. I TR'd my NovaSoul into this class split, and as I level up... I even come to this post from time to time to get ideas/answers such as... should I take twilight from my raid box :)

And finally, to add something useful to this post other then mega kudos...

Your crit chance breakdown lists 11 percent from kinetic lore but your equipment has +20... That is a pretty big upgrade that would be worth including :)

EllisDee37
11-12-2013, 05:13 PM
How badly does it hurt to change either monk or fvs to pally? Essentially, what's your rough ballpark estimate of how much less effective this would be as a first life bladeforged?

Ancient
11-12-2013, 05:24 PM
Are you talking heroic or epic levels?

EllisDee37
11-12-2013, 05:39 PM
Are you talking heroic or epic levels?For epic elite. I don't really want to hijack the thread though; just a thumbs up or down on whether it's worth thinking about.

Ancient
11-12-2013, 05:45 PM
In epic, if you are going to go bladeforged, I think a sorc build makes better use of the pally level. There are several posts in the sorc forum, but the popular choices boil down to either 18/2 pally or 14/4 fvs/2 pally.

In heroic... you can do a light splash of pretty much anything and still be strong enough to make it to 20 :)

Twinkly
11-12-2013, 11:08 PM
The 35% incorp is VERY nice when accompanied by 28% dodge. I swear I forget to recast Death Aura for like 5 mins all the time (used to a longer timer) and never even notice cuz my health is still nearly full in storm horns EH's. I do notice in EE quicker on some quests.

Except that wraith form is bugged and only gives you 30% incorp at T5. Look at the effect! Does anyone ever read the effects?

EllisDee37
11-12-2013, 11:44 PM
In epic, if you are going to go bladeforged, I think a sorc build makes better use of the pally level. There are several posts in the sorc forum, but the popular choices boil down to either 18/2 pally or 14/4 fvs/2 pally.

In heroic... you can do a light splash of pretty much anything and still be strong enough to make it to 20 :)I realized that it's a moot question anyway: You can in theory LR+1 away your 1 iconic level, leaving a "pure" 16/2/2 bladeforged wizard/fvs/monk. I'm not entirely clear if you can do this on a first life, but if so that's likely how I would approach such a build.

G_Lich
11-13-2013, 05:11 AM
This build could definitely use some Eldritch Knight love - It's pretty win for defensive buffs. AC can get above 50% miss at cap easily and the extra 10Prr doesn't hurt either

Ilindith
11-27-2013, 04:47 PM
howdoistayfrosty.jpg

Retrodark
12-09-2013, 12:33 PM
I am sort of thinking there are better uses of the following 2 slotted items.

Ring 2: Yellow: Concentration +13 (what does having a 70 concentration give you when you have quicken?)
Trinket: Yellow: Feather Falling (if you are a wizard, you have 6 lvl 1 spells, just take ff)

Also, I am thinking the Epic Spellcraft feat for +5 to all spells is sort of weak. I am almost thinking that either sonic +20 or repair +20 would be better. Or like someone else already mentioned, Hellball (which does far more damage than +5 to spells).

I guess you got really lucky with that staff. The best I have found so far is a +10 with spell lore 10%, 144 combustion/144 force.

Jaysun
12-15-2013, 03:18 PM
Can anyone let me know if dropping Monk for 2 levels of rogue is a good possibility? I plan the game with my wife and being able to disarm the traps for her would be a plus. Play 18wiz/2 rogue normally but this build seems amazing. If I can still be viable with 2 rogue vice monk, and knowing what I would lose would be great. I don't have any EE experience but I am talking EE content for the question:) Thanks in advance.

Shaitaan
01-02-2014, 11:43 AM
Sorry if this a noob question, but i have no experience with this topic:

I wanted to build my first Greensteel Item, but when i try to plan the boots you listed in your guide with a planer, i can not build an item with 45 HP, 6 Con Skills and Concordant Opposition.
Am i doing something wrong, or is this combination not possible?
And if this item is not possible, what would be the best combination?

Viggy
01-03-2014, 07:48 AM
Can anyone let me know if dropping Monk for 2 levels of rogue is a good possibility? I plan the game with my wife and being able to disarm the traps for her would be a plus. Play 18wiz/2 rogue normally but this build seems amazing. If I can still be viable with 2 rogue vice monk, and knowing what I would lose would be great. I don't have any EE experience but I am talking EE content for the question:) Thanks in advance.

So the reason the monk is taken is because of dodge/saves. With monk you get something like +7/4/7 fort/reflex/will over rogue and you also gain 7% dodge if memory serves me correctly. Could you still be fine? Sure the major item you want is evasion from whatever class you take.

cdr
01-03-2014, 10:01 AM
Mea culpa, I played my monkcher primarily starting from late October and lost interest in DDO completely in December. I'd been working on a U20 version thread and hopefully I'll eventually get around to finishing and posting it.

Time for a massive multiquote. I'd appreciate it if you didn't quote this whole post when replying.

From anecdotal evidence I can say a 138 Radiance + Impulse "feels" stronger than Sonic + Impulse but I'm just not sure if its my imagination or just luck since it was only 5hrs of testing. Although in reality it may be a moot point since you can get any combo with Kinetic Lore and slot the 3rd while waiting (breath not being held) for a 144 version of choice but it still might be good to know for choices involving other slots e.g. Sonic Lore vs Radiance Lore. If nothing else it seems to me that slotted Radiance > slotted Combustion.

That's very interesting, and something that ought to be definitively tested.

Has anyone else tried Hellball?

I also would argue using the OP's epic feat choices and drop the skill focus for ruin and come out WAY on top as well.

Hellball is pretty bad, no way around it. It does give a number of procs, but it's expensive and slow. Ruin is actually pretty good, but very expensive. If you want to DPS bosses a little faster when you can afford to drain your SP Ruin is worth thinking about, and it's also nice when you're under a time constraint like putting the finishing blow on dragon pairs. Personally, I would rather buff my normal spells. (PS: Work on your tone a little, eh?)

With the new eldritch knight enhancement i changed those 7 and one from wf -5% arcane spell failure to
the first two cores: +10 force spell power -5% arcane failure, 0.5 universal spell power per point spend
3 in toughness +15hp
3 in battle mage +3 concentration +3 intimidate +3 spellcraft.

Yeah, Eldritch Knight does make AP allocation even more difficult.

Your crit chance breakdown lists 11 percent from kinetic lore but your equipment has +20... That is a pretty big upgrade that would be worth including :)

I'm counting 9 universal chance already, so 20 kinetic is only +11 over universal.

How badly does it hurt to change either monk or fvs to pally? Essentially, what's your rough ballpark estimate of how much less effective this would be as a first life bladeforged?

If you had to, I'd probably drop the monk. Losing evasion and 2 feats and some dodge is something you can deal with, though it's far from ideal. As others said above though, I'd probably be much more inclined towards doing sorc with pally.

howdoistayfrosty.jpg

Can't anymore. A couple of unintentional features have been fixed by now, in addition to Double Rainbow getting another nerf every patch. Sad.

I am sort of thinking there are better uses of the following 2 slotted items.

Ring 2: Yellow: Concentration +13 (what does having a 70 concentration give you when you have quicken?)
Trinket: Yellow: Feather Falling (if you are a wizard, you have 6 lvl 1 spells, just take ff)

Also, I am thinking the Epic Spellcraft feat for +5 to all spells is sort of weak. I am almost thinking that either sonic +20 or repair +20 would be better. Or like someone else already mentioned, Hellball (which does far more damage than +5 to spells).

I probably answered Concentration somewhere in the thread, though not sure it's in the OP. I only use Quicken for Reconstruct and slow cast spells - it's expensive. I don't use it for MM/FM/CM. Concentration prevents interruption from ranged damage or DOTs.

Personal preference, but I want FF 100% of the time by default. I like the additional maneuverability and security, though it can slow you down slightly. The spell is an option, but a) it sucks when you need it but forgot to recast it or it got dispelled b) you can't take it off when you need to c) it can annoy the rest of the group since it's AOE.

You lose a lot going rogue - rogue is basically the same evasion of monk, minus all the other good stuff, plus nothing but trap skills that you have to spend skill points on. I don't like rogue at all, I'd much rather just set myself up to be able to stand in traps and not care. You can do rogue, but it's going to hurt your durability in terms of saves, dodge, AC, etc.

Sorry if this a noob question, but i have no experience with this topic:

I wanted to build my first Greensteel Item, but when i try to plan the boots you listed in your guide with a planer, i can not build an item with 45 HP, 6 Con Skills and Concordant Opposition.
Am i doing something wrong, or is this combination not possible?
And if this item is not possible, what would be the best combination?

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/shroud/cgi-bin/shroud.cgi?item=boots&weapon=weapon&effects=gee_3_con,concordant_opposition_,iee_2_str ,ee_1_con&altar=3

That should be it, keeping in mind of course that planner hasn't been updated with the doubled values.

Khalesh
01-07-2014, 07:13 AM
Enhancements:
The following 58 core points are IMO not debatable:

Warforged 13
Improved Fort 2/3 [+75% fort] 2
WF Con 2/2 [+2 con] 4
Construct Hardiness 3/3 [+3 fort] 3
Construct Thinking 3/3 [+3 will] 3
Inscribed Armor 1/3 [-5% asf] 1

Archmage [1 US & 2 sp per point] 25
Evocation 3/5 [SLAs] 3
Energy of the Scholar 3/3 [+90 sp] 6
Spell Critical 4/4 [+6% crit chance] 8
Imp Meta 2/3 [-sp meta, prereq points] 4
Intelligence 2/2 [+2 int] 4

Angel of Vengeance [1 US & 2 sp per point] 11
Font of Power [prereq] 1
Scourge 3/3 [force proc] 3
Smiting 2/2 [+4% crit chance] 4
Just Reward 3/3 [sp on crit] 3

Ninja Spy 8
Ninja Training [prereq] 1
Stealthy 1/3 [prereq point] 1
Acrobatic 3/3 [+3 dodge, 3 bal/jmp/tum] 3
Agility 3/3 [3 conc, reflex, max dodge] 3

Henshin Mystic 1
Riddle of Fire [+5, +1% force/fire] 1

That leaves us up to 22 points to play with.

Things I consider traps, avoid:
* AoV Spell Power Boost: Attempting to get laggy boosts to go off is so difficult when I’m spamming spells – and when I’m spamming spells on bosses is when I’d want to use the boost – that I lose more DPS from slowing my casting than I gain from the 20 second 30 spellpower. If you can activate it without slowing your casting rotation, feel free – but I haven’t met anyone so far that can.
* Any form of scroll mastery: You have enough mana that you absolutely do not need to top up with scrolls. If you ever find yourself needing to scroll heal somebody, find a better group ASAP. I do not carry Heal scrolls – I have favored soul CLW if someone’s incapped.
* AM Arcane Bolt/Blast: Still can’t take metamagics for some unfathomable reason. Even if they could, they’re one projectile per target and high up in the tree. The worst possible thing you could spend AP on.
* WF Mechanist: Reconstruct is already hitting you for 550+. Expensive and completely unnecessary.
* PM undead forms: You don’t have the AP to waste, and negative energy healing is terrible. Maxed+Emped NEB hits for half of what Reconstruct does on a maxed out PM, and you are not a maxed out PM.

Things to consider:
* PM Skeletal Knight: For 2 AP, the PM skeleton is now a full on pet like the arty dog or druid puppy. A very capable lever puller and an OK distraction, though it dies quick in U19 EE and can only be resummoned after a shrine. I’d love to take it, but there's just too much other good stuff.
* WF Construct Toughness: You can spend 2 AP for 10 HP up to 4 times in the WF tree. HP is never bad, but it doesn’t grant spellpower or help you hit prereqs.
* PM Deathless Vigor/Warpriest Toughness: PM gets you 30 HP/5 spellpower/5 negative spellpower for 7 AP, Protection gets you 15 HP/5 fire+light spellpower for 4 AP. The former is where I would spend AP on first with “leftover” points. Warpriest is less attractive than the former Protection tree; Protection gave 3 universal, Warpriest is 5 fire/light only.
* AM Core IV Fire Shield: 6 SP extended Fire Shield is a great cost saving and nets you the 1 spellpower/2 SP. It’s not a spell you need to cast 100% of the time though, so it’s only if you need it for a point threshold or have the spare point
* AM Arcane Supremacy: There are two problems with Arcane Supremacy. The first is that it requires 30 tree AP, when the stuff 100% worth taking stops at 26 AP. The second is that it’s only active (at best) 12 of every 90 seconds and you can’t control when it turns on. It’s a nice damage boost, but not nearly as nuts as it looks at first blush.
* Improved Metamagic: You have to take at least 2 AM Imp Meta ranks to access tier 4. If you’re taking just 2, I would suggest Improved Quickening – quickened Reconstruct and quickened AOE CC are your biggest SP costs. The other option is to take 3 ranks of Improved Maximize and stack it with 3 ranks of AoV Improved Maximize for 7 SP maximizing. These two particular trees’ metamagics do stack at the moment, and yes I’m sure it’ll get fixed. You can then reasonably maximize your non-SLA rotation spells, which is probably around a 10% DPS increase in return for considerably increased SP usage.

What I went with:
* Right now, I’m spending 2 on AM Imp Max (in addition to the required-to-be-spent 4), 6 on AoV Imp Max, and 3 on AM Imp Quicken+Fire Shield (to hit 30 AM). 2 on AM Arcane Supremacy = 13 spent. 7 on PM HP = 20 spent, 2 leftover points, which I spent on Construct Toughness 1/10 HP.

----
Edit1 9/24/13: U19.2 gave Riddle of Fire 1% force/fire crit; this moved it into "not debatable".

I have to say that I am running a toon based on this a lot now and I am having a blast. Have 3 EPL colors of the queen and he is a beast in any content!

As those 3 stacks of EPL give me +33 HP I was thinking where to improve on the enhancements. Not read through all the thread but for 8 AP how do you feel about dropping the +30 HP from 7 APs invested in Palemaster and the 1 AP in the Fireshield SLA and investing in:

Warpriest:
Smite 1/1
Toughness 3/3 +15 HP
Awareness 1/3 Prereq and +1 search
Wall of steel 3/3 +10 PRR

The trade of is really 15 HP and 5.25 US for 10 PRR

Worth it?

cdr
01-07-2014, 08:38 AM
I have to say that I am running a toon based on this a lot now and I am having a blast. Have 3 EPL colors of the queen and he is a beast in any content!

As those 3 stacks of EPL give me +33 HP I was thinking where to improve on the enhancements. Not read through all the thread but for 8 AP how do you feel about dropping the +30 HP from 7 APs invested in Palemaster and the 1 AP in the Fireshield SLA and investing in:

Warpriest:
Smite 1/1
Toughness 3/3 +15 HP
Awareness 1/3 Prereq and +1 search
Wall of steel 3/3 +10 PRR

The trade of is really 15 HP and 5.25 US for 10 PRR

Worth it?

That's an OK way to go, but probably better to do pretty much do the same thing (Improved Shield) in Eldritch Knight and keep the USP. You can then drop the WF/BF -asf and pick up the EK t2 core -asf which comes with bonus +10 force.

Khalesh
01-07-2014, 09:15 AM
That's an OK way to go, but probably better to do pretty much do the same thing (Improved Shield) in Eldritch Knight and keep the USP. You can then drop the WF/BF -asf and pick up the EK t2 core -asf which comes with bonus +10 force.

Oh Good thinking!

Will try that out :)

Ancient
01-07-2014, 10:01 AM

I'm down to a single point in the warforged tree... and I'm questioning even that.

AleisterFlagg
01-07-2014, 11:10 AM
Hey there all,

I'm a fairly new player, fresh with a new virgin account and signed up for VIP for access to Warforge. Hoping to start with a viable build as I level, and hate the idea of gimping my character irreversibly. This Shiradi Wizard build rises to the top of every search as the highest rated.

Is this build something one can do from the ground up, skipping the "past life" feats for viable alternatives? Is the build survivable as one levels up for the first time from 1-20, or is this specifically oriented towards people using reincarnation/respecs? Will I be crippled if I follow the leveling and enhancements path as laid out, or are there some major modifications to make the thing more playable from the bottom end?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. :)

Ancient
01-07-2014, 11:19 AM
It is a good build, even for a first life character.

Blade420
01-12-2014, 11:04 AM
First off cdr ty for taking the time to share your build and give amazing attention to detailing the lvl progression, feats taken, enhancements and so on. I am working toward completionist and may not stay in any life until lvl 28 but i think this wizard life will be made much easier with all the hard work you put in. Would this be a viable build for a sorc/pally/monk as well by altering the starting stats to compensate? I have been playing for a while but trying to get my head around building a character just doesnt work i cannot do the math if that makes sense

Ancient
01-12-2014, 11:58 AM
12 Sorc/4 FVS/2 Pally is a common sorc build.

Blade420
01-12-2014, 12:41 PM
Im only lvl 4 in this build so far so im a week or so away from my next tr(unless i decide to cap it out to 28 and play at cap for a while), i will look for builds focused with that kind of lvl split you suggested for my sorc life though Ancient ty

cdr
01-13-2014, 10:57 AM
First off cdr ty for taking the time to share your build and give amazing attention to detailing the lvl progression, feats taken, enhancements and so on. I am working toward completionist and may not stay in any life until lvl 28 but i think this wizard life will be made much easier with all the hard work you put in. Would this be a viable build for a sorc/pally/monk as well by altering the starting stats to compensate? I have been playing for a while but trying to get my head around building a character just doesnt work i cannot do the math if that makes sense

You're better off looking at shiradi sorc specific threads. You do things quite a bit differently on a sorc.

Devachan
03-05-2014, 05:10 PM
I TR'd my PM into a bladeforged version of this build. Mainly for a bit of a change of playstyle but also to help while farming mats in the undead-heavy parts of Thunderholme.

cdr, are you still watching this thread? Interested to hear whether you are still playing this build and whether you have made any changes? The main changes i made were to enhancements (a lot more in Eldritch Knight, mainly). I'm also wondering what you would change if a toon had a lot of investment in past lives. They have a lot to add to this build, e.g. +3% dodge from 3x shadar kai, +3 saves from Brace (divine active stance) and PRR from epic divine and PDK past lives.

Based on some of the above, would drop Dodge from your feat selection at lvl 15. It is a monk class feat, so not many other choices - maybe a second toughness?
Also, given +3 saves from Brace would you go with different twists and focus less on boosting saves?
Any other changes you (or anyone else) might make?

Secondly, I have been looking at the wyrmcraft weapons and they have a lot to add. I still haven't figured out whether i need kinetic spell lore only, or whether i need others as well (mainly sonic i guess), however here are my initial thoughts for weapons that might suit this build.

Main Hand:
Kama (for monk centreing, plus dual wielding offers more than a quarterstaff as far as i can tell)
+9 enh (=+18 spellpower?)
Orange slot (use the new orange-only augment that gives -6 to maximise. Gets maximise down to +1 sp cost if you already have -3 from archmage and -3 from AOV)
+150 Impuse spell power (tier 1)
Purple slot (or +7 spell pen) (tier 2)
Kinetic lore +22% (tier 3)

Off Hand:

Kama
+9 enh
Orange slot (reconstruction +138)
+150 resonance spellpower (tier 1)
purple slot (or +6 evocation focus) (tier 2)
Universal lore +17% (tier 3)

I'm tempted to go with the extra slots in tier 2 rather than spell pen and evo focus, but interested to hear others thoughts. Also interested to hear comments on anything else there.

cdr
03-06-2014, 10:05 AM
I'm still subscribed to the thread. Unfortunately, I haven't really played DDO since December and for most of Oct/Nov I was working on Arcane Archers.

There's definitely a lot to change on the original U19 build. Stay Frosty no longer works, Double Rainbow continued to get neutered, Eldritch Knight should be taken for a few points (should be posts about that above), EPLs change your feats, etc. I also moved to 15/3/2, but it's a minor difference. At this point sadly I don't think I'll be finishing the updated post I began working on.

As long as you're hitting dodge cap, you can definitely drop Dodge. I might consider Deflect Arrows as replacement, it's actually decent damage mitigation. Or you could move points out of In the Weeds to something else, or take out Unearthly Reactions (which is probably a poor idea, since saves are likely to be even more important with the saves exploit supposedly getting fixed and the upcoming high-level content).

If you can find good kamas, go for it. I used staves because they were easy to find - I think I only ever found one +20 potency/kinetic kama in months of watching the AH, and never a second one to use with it.

Good luck, it hopefully shouldn't be too hard to figure out how to adapt for the newer options. It's likely to be one of the most powerful builds for awhile to come, and it's still the most versatile soloing build I've ever ran.