PDA

View Full Version : Wolf Form Druid + Sleet Storm + True Seeing and Freedom of Movement.. VERY NICE!

Damion01
09-10-2013, 09:19 AM
Ok so i just LR+20'd my Rogue into a Druid for a bit of a change and i am pretty happy with my melee wolf build. I'm an elf so i did sacrifice two feats for lesser Dragonmark and Extend so that i could get extended Displacement.. which is VERY nice might i add! I have evasion from ED line Shadowdancer, and i do quite a bit of sneak attack dmg and normal damage getting the procs off of a sacrificial dagger and wall of wood. But the point of this post is well... do you remember that old annoying spell on par with Greese called Sleet Storm? .. great way to troll party members right lol!.. well thats not all! In doing some testing with the new U19 blind mechanics, this spell works amazingly!! it AUTO BLINDS anything that enters the cloud "NO SAVE AGAINST THE BLIND" and they start casting spells in off directions and just swinging at the air.. and if your lucky they wont save against the slowing effect or knockdown, which believe it or not i actually had proc a couple times in epic normal lol.. but i really dont care about that, its the Crit Tastic nature of auto blinding every mob that enters the cloud and ripping them apart is what i love. I don't post much so i dont have any build info, i dont even know how to post it, but im a 22 pure Druid wolf build, elf, with shadow dancer for various reasons over primal avatar or fury. But yah if anyone is interested give it a try if your a druid and have access to sleet storm, true seeing, and freedom of movement.. it makes playing my druid a ton of fun. I dont multiclass ever but i bet somone could come up with a great way to multi class a druid for an even better effect.. oh also... if your a druid and you get Essence of the Shrike (basically when you crit you get temp 20sp) you can cast sleet storm unlimitedly throughout the dungeon, being sleet storm is only 10 sp to cast. have a great day all, im new to posting so sorry about my sloppy format.

unbongwah
09-10-2013, 10:40 AM
Glad you're enjoying your druid, but...you're about a year late in discovering the "Sleet Storm+FOM+wolf druid" combo. BTW, I don't think you need True Seeing; you should be immune to your SS's blind effect, IIRC. For added fun, toss down an Ice Storm (also no save) and maybe Earthquake (nuthin' like being blind and prone to ruin a monster's day!).

Damion01
09-10-2013, 12:00 PM
Glad you're enjoying your druid, but...you're about a year late in discovering the "Sleet Storm+FOM+wolf druid" combo. BTW, I don't think you need True Seeing; you should be immune to your SS's blind effect, IIRC. For added fun, toss down an Ice Storm (also no save) and maybe Earthquake (nuthin' like being blind and prone to ruin a monster's day!).

Lol i'll try that :) , yah i somtimes don't know where to look to find previous theads on topics such as this whole sleet storm revalation i had lol, which i would imagine is old indeed to the rest of the DDO population. With the new blind mechanics of U19 it does give an old dog a new trick though :) , instead of running to you with a blind icon over there head and following you around beating on you.. they run into the cloud.. stop for a sec.. and turn around and swing wildly at the air around them lol! :) ... casters CAST FIREBALL AT THE DARKNESS! lol.. but yah thanks for the insight i will definitely test earthquake on top of a sleet storm.