PDA

View Full Version : Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm DC's Breakdown

flipstre
09-08-2013, 11:57 PM
Hi Guys. Its Boommmm (Sarlona) I am just curious about what is the max DC's for Stunning Fist and Quivering Palm is.
I heard it is possible to reach the high 70s and low 80s.

Can someone please give me the breakdown of it please.

At the moment i got +3 (dwarf) +3 (kensei), (18 starting wis with all level ups to wisdom), +6 (Dreadnought) + 10 (item) +5 combat mastery +1 (fighter past life) -1 (2 lvls of fighter)= 28+ wis + etc.

Where else do you source the rest please.

Also if possible can i get a breakdown on how to get max wisdom and how?

inspiredunease
09-09-2013, 05:55 AM
18 base
7 levels
5 tome
4 water stance
2 completionist
11 item
2 insight
1 exceptional
----
50 Standing

Then you have a multitude of different combinations of Enhancements, EDs etc. i think the theoretical max you could get as pure monk (obviously gimping yourself beyond all reason) would be:

6 monk enhance (counting two trees + capstone, don't think you could get 3 trees plus capstone)
6 gmof ed
2 twists
----
64 total

Then factor in buffs/pots:
5 void dragon
2 yugo
2 ship
2 inspire excellence
3 alchemical pots
2 store bought
----
80 very short term, very situational, very pointless

10 base
14 half character level
35 wis mod (hah!)
14 stunning item
5 combat mastery
3 fighter past lives
6 legendary tactics
3 gmof
----
90 stunning fist DC

I realise this is taking the **** a bit, but to be fair, you can cherry pick what you like from the wisdom list :p I suspect 50 wisdom is probably very easily sustainable in a non-gimped build, and the rest of the SF mods are not unreasonable, so that gives you 75 dc. I'm sure I'm missing a couple points here and then (if, as you say you splash kensai, you've got an extra 3 straight aways), so I'm sure you could push it up to 80 with a little effort.

Munkenmo
09-09-2013, 07:05 AM
My standing stunning fist DC on a pure helf monk.

Wisdom type
Stun

18 base
10 base

7 levels
14 half character level

5 tome
21 wis mod

2 completionist
14 stunning item

2 monk enhancements
5 combat mastery

1 human enhancement
3 fighter past lives

10 item
2 fighter dilly

2 insight
6 legendary tactics

1 exceptional
3 gmof

4 gmof ED wisdom
2 Tactician

52 Total wisdom
80 Stunning Fist DC

Potential boosts to wisdom over my build.
+1 item
+2 yugo
+2 ninja enhancements
+2 ship
+2 capstone
+1 profane (not worth giving up +10 deadly / resists to me)
+2 more gmof ED (not worth it giving up EIN / petals)
+4 water stance
+2 Acute Instincts (fotw twist - when raged)
+3 alchemical pots
+3 more insight (void dragon)
+2 store bought

80 wisdom.

More wis is possible, but it's entering the realms of theory crafting though I can't be bothered working it out.
eg. by doing things like taking epic feats in wisdom, giving up sense weakness for a +wisdom options, passing up legendary tactics for more wisdom etc.

Munkenmo
09-09-2013, 07:15 AM
18 base
<snip>
2 insight
<snip>
5 void dragon
<snip>
80 very short term, very situational, very pointless

I realise we both got to the same number, but void dragon is an insight bonus to stats, it doesn't stack with your insight gear.

inspiredunease
09-09-2013, 04:45 PM
I realise we both got to the same number, but void dragon is an insight bonus to stats, it doesn't stack with your insight gear.

Heh, knew I'd screw up somewhere :D

Archangel_666
09-09-2013, 04:53 PM
Heh, knew I'd screw up somewhere :D

There's also the minor issue of Void Strike (Needed for Void Dragon) being a Tier 5 Enhancement in the Henshin line. If you take it you're locked out of the Tier 5 Shintao or Ninja Spy Enhancements.

Fine for Theory Crafting, but not very practical, sadly.

inspiredunease
09-09-2013, 06:04 PM
There's also the minor issue of Void Strike (Needed for Void Dragon) being a Tier 5 Enhancement in the Henshin line. If you take it you're locked out of the Tier 5 Shintao or Ninja Spy Enhancements.

Fine for Theory Crafting, but not very practical, sadly.

No it's not, it's core Shintao: http://ddowiki.com/page/Shintao_enhancements, but you're right, it's still pie in the sky territory :D

Archangel_666
09-09-2013, 06:11 PM
No it's not, it's core Shintao: http://ddowiki.com/page/Shintao_enhancements.

I stand corrected.

For some reason I was thinking it was a Void Dark Void finisher (I'll admit, I've never played a Dark Monk, love my Shintao too much, my ignorance was showing there).

I honestly forgot I even had that Core Ability. It's not even on a hotbar because I'll never use it.

inspiredunease
09-10-2013, 04:50 AM
I stand corrected.

For some reason I was thinking it was a Void Dark Void finisher (I'll admit, I've never played a Dark Monk, love my Shintao too much, my ignorance was showing there).

I honestly forgot I even had that Core Ability. It's not even on a hotbar because I'll never use it.

I haven't bothered with it on my current life at all given that I've splashed fighter for tier 2 kensei stuffs. It's basically 2 minutes of +1 (+2 if you're lucky) of 1 dc and 1 damage per rest. Meh.

flipstre
09-16-2013, 01:35 AM
How do tactics based monks kill red names

I know this is embarrassing but getting to EN Servants of Overlord before the bosses is fine. But solo (with hire) killing those two hezrou and drow b*tch red name is a pain in the ass.

So how do tactics based monks kill red names while soloing? (14 starting str, max wis, GMoF, Lawful good might make it worse as well)

Let me know guys. Thanks heaps

Soulfurnace
09-16-2013, 04:19 AM
How do tactics based monks kill red names

I know this is embarrassing but getting to EN Servants of Overlord before the bosses is fine. But solo (with hire) killing those two hezrou and drow b*tch red name is a pain in the ass.

So how do tactics based monks kill red names while soloing? (14 starting str, max wis, GMoF, Lawful good might make it worse as well)

Let me know guys. Thanks heaps
Same way anything does - hit it until it dies.
Compared to a str based monk, you'll have 10 less dmg/hit (and that's not exactly correct either, it's more like 5.)... so just keep hitting it. Preferably using haste boost and haste for more dps :)

RadioactivePiranha
09-16-2013, 04:22 PM
They kill them with unbalancing strike and sneak attack damage. Unbalancing strike lets you sneak attack something even if you have agro, and it works on red names.

jb111
09-19-2013, 12:54 PM
They kill them with unbalancing strike and sneak attack damage. Unbalancing strike lets you sneak attack something even if you have agro, and it works on red names.

Clever, I like unbalancing because it works on most creatures - did not know about the sneak damage.

bollwerk
10-02-2013, 11:49 PM
How high of a DC do we realistically need for EE Shadowfell? Or lower level EE stuff?

QuantumFX
10-03-2013, 07:08 PM

Well, “Tactics Based” and “STR Based” aren’t mutually exclusive. But, here’s what I do:

Step 1: Refresh Shadow Veil
Step 2: Get into range of target while activating Human Damage Boost.
Step 3: Activate Fighter Haste Boost
Step 4: Hit Unbalancing Strike
Step 5: Hit Shadow Double.
Step 6: Once Shadow Double has expired, hit Fists of Darkness
Step 7: Hit Improved Sunder
Step 8: Hit Touch Of Death
Step 9: Hit Fists of Darkness again
Step 10: Hit Touch of Despair
Step 11: Hit Fists of Iron
Step 12: If target is still alive, cycle back to Step 2 or 4 depending on if I want to burn boosts or not.

TeacherSyn
10-04-2013, 08:32 AM
How high of a DC do we realistically need for EE Shadowfell? Or lower level EE stuff?

The general consensus around here for EE Eveningstar through Demonweb was 55 DC or better for reliable (>75%) stunning, if memory serves. You can make do with 52. Some easier ways to improve this can be found in the Henshin tier 1 tree, "Mystic Training" (up to +3 to DCs), Twisting in Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought (up to +6) as well as pumping WIS and using Combat Mastery and Stunning +10 effects. You'll get some from Grandmaster of Flowers too, of course.

See this thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/413981) for a taste of these conversations (note this was started pre-Update 19) or Google "DDO Monk Stunning Fist DC" for other threads.

TPICKRELL
10-04-2013, 08:37 AM
... in the Henshin tier 1 tree, "Mystic Training" (up to +3 to DCs)...Does this work? I haven't tried it, since the description says its +1 to DCs of finishing moves. If it applies to tactics and not just finishing moves, I'll need to respec several monks...

inspiredunease
10-04-2013, 10:19 AM
Does this work? I haven't tried it, since the description says its +1 to DCs of finishing moves. If it applies to tactics and not just finishing moves, I'll need to respec several monks...

This is only on finishing moves. Hence, worthless.

Baldornix
10-04-2013, 10:52 AM
The general consensus around here for EE Eveningstar through Demonweb was 55 DC or better for reliable (>75%) stunning, if memory serves. You can make do with 52. Some easier ways to improve this can be found in the Henshin tier 1 tree, "Mystic Training" (up to +3 to DCs), Twisting in Legendary Tactics from Legendary Dreadnought (up to +6) as well as pumping WIS and using Combat Mastery and Stunning +10 effects. You'll get some from Grandmaster of Flowers too, of course.

See this thread (https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/413981) for a taste of these conversations (note this was started pre-Update 19) or Google "DDO Monk Stunning Fist DC" for other threads.

EEs below level 26: Stunning DC 52-60 will do you.
EEs in GiantHold: 60+
Storm Horn EEs: Looks to be north of 65. Lines of Supply stun was iffy using DC 63.
Wheloon Assasins EE: ?? not that high though.

YMMV

Shaolinfist
10-04-2013, 05:14 PM
EEs below level 26: Stunning DC 52-60 will do you.
EEs in GiantHold: 60+
Storm Horn EEs: Looks to be north of 65. Lines of Supply stun was iffy using DC 63.
Wheloon Assasins EE: ?? not that high though.

YMMV

Is there a place/link/site/something that has the different DC req's for different content/mobs?

EDIT: Also ty for posting that, very good info.