PDA

View Full Version : Quest XP Ransack Penalty

jskinner937
09-08-2013, 07:37 AM
I think this penalty may need to be reworked as it is wrecking a very important part of the game (Heroic TR). Many people will agree that without HTR, many veterans would have left this game a long time ago. But with this feature, when you get bored at end game (which is easy to do currently), you TR to keep things fresh.

The new penalty system is anti-TR friendly and making it extremely difficult to level up EDs. Some simple changes would help a lot though without scrapping it altogether...

Allow the penalty bank to start at 40% bonus dailiy and drop 20% each run and changing difficulties will not drop a repeat penalty.

Run 1 x E with +40% bonus and no penalty
Run 1 x E with +20% bonus and no penalty
Run 1 x E with 0% bonus and no penalty
Run 1 x H with no penalty
Run 1 x N with no penalty
Run 1 x C with no penalty

Then after 18 hours ransack resets 50% so this can repeated again with no penalty or bonus...

TrinityTurtle
09-08-2013, 08:12 AM
Actually, the new system is not tr unfreindly, it's only unfriendly to the system of doing the high xp quests ad naseuam. Those of use who have been doing every quest once and moving on on elites have been playing this way for ages. And you can cap a third life+ toon that way, we do it every go round.

While I think Turbine should have left playstyle a choice, they didn't, and are encouraging people to do more content fewer times rather than less content more times.

Qhualor
09-08-2013, 08:19 AM
Actually, the new system is not tr unfreindly, it's only unfriendly to the system of doing the high xp quests ad naseuam. Those of use who have been doing every quest once and moving on on elites have been playing this way for ages. And you can cap a third life+ toon that way, we do it every go round.

While I think Turbine should have left playstyle a choice, they didn't, and are encouraging people to do more content fewer times rather than less content more times.

the system isn't really that bad for heroic TRing, but the OP is talking about leveling through destinies. big difference in xp and leveling through off destinies with xp ransack limiting to what you can do. it seems some people don't mind joining groups in off destinies running EE, but I refuse to be that guy. with the current sytem the way it is, I will just casually level my characters through destinies if I cant farm quests like I used to. ill find a few quests that I can easily run on norm/hard than log off or switch to a different character.

jskinner937
09-08-2013, 10:46 AM
Actually referring to both. I have TR'ed over the last 4 years of playing, 48 times between all my toons. I can say that sometimes I do run quests once on elite and by comparison is it way slower. I can do a TR to 20 as fast as 7 days with good play time, repeating good XP/min quests such as Litany, Shadow Crypt, VoN 3, Wiz King, etc. Doing just elites once each takes 2xs as long. And yes ED farming is much worse due to the limited content.