PDA

View Full Version : Update my Einstein Build for U19

apekzz
09-06-2013, 05:50 PM
Sorry in advance for the wall of text.

Hey forum gurus,
I currently have a level 16 pure human arty build based off WoWo's Einstein build.
[url]https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/336161-My-artificer-builds?p=4005961#post4005961[url]

With the changes to the Dragonmark feats, i was wondering how to revamp my arty especially feats and skills wise.

Stats wise im thinking of
@ level 1 = Strength :8 / Dexterity : 17 / Constitution : 14 / Intel : 17 / Wisdom : 8 / Charisma : 8
@ level 20 = Strength :11 / Dexterity : 21* / Constitution : 17 / Intel : 24** / Wisdom : 11 / Charisma : 11
* 1 level up in dex to qualify for combat archery.
** 4 level up in intel.
+3 tomes applied at level 11.

Feats wise im thinking of
Heroic : Toughness , Precision , Insightful Reflexes , Quickdraw , Precise Shot , Spell Focus : Evocation , Greater Spell Focus : Evocation
Bonus Human Feat : Point Blank Shot
Artificer Feats : Improved Precise Shot , Dragonmark of Making , Improved Critical : Ranged , Maximise , Rapid Shot

Skills :
UMD , Spellcraft , Disable Device , Search , Balance , Tumble (1 rank) , Jump (10 ranks) , Spot , Heal , Concentration.

Some facts bout the toon and myself.
Toon is my crafter,hence the dm of making.
if possible i would the toon to stay pure as tat increases my crafting levels as well.

Thoughts,comments,suggestions are all welcomed.
Thank you.

QuantumFX
09-07-2013, 01:44 AM
I would probably stick with just Spell Focus: Evocation and drop the Greater Spell Focus for Mental Toughness. For some bizarre reason Turbine decided to give the mental toughness feats spell crit bonuses and left the spell focus feats in their current underwhelming state. But, you need the first one for Magister and Draconic Incarnation.

Toughness is kind of meh at the moment. It doesn’t open up any toughness enhancements anymore. So, you’re talking +31 hit points at cap.

Skill Focus: Spellcraft may be something to consider. (+3 Spell Power)

I’m still undecided about Construct Essence. The extra .5W damage is nice. But the animation takes forever and it’s easy to forget.

You will want your first epic feat to be Combat Archery.

Don’t forget to invest in Open Locks as well.

Spend your action points in Battle Engineer first to get your crossbow and rune arm stuff. Then pick up stuff from Arcanotech. For human enhancements, you’re probably best off just picking up the Damage Boost, +1 INT and then Skill Boost.

droid327
09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Pure Artis are better suited as casters than as repeater builds, now. There just isn't enough in BE to boost your xbow damage, but you can flesh out enough in Arcanotech to make your SLAs juicy, with free metas. Plus, Arti fleshies get a huge healing boost with the Critical Admixture SLA.

Seeing as that's the case, I'd do the following feats, in no particular order:
Spells) Emp, Maxi, Quicken, SF: Evo, GSF: Evo.
Xbow) PBS, PS, IPS, IC:R, RS, Precision
Misc) Ins Refl, DM Making.

Just enough feat slots for a Human Arti to grab all those.

I'd still take GSF: Evo over Mental Toughness. 1% crit < +1 DC to your spells, SLAs, and runearm attacks.

Singular
09-10-2013, 10:29 PM
Pure Artis are better suited as casters than as repeater builds, now. There just isn't enough in BE to boost your xbow damage, but you can flesh out enough in Arcanotech to make your SLAs juicy, with free metas. Plus, Arti fleshies get a huge healing boost with the Critical Admixture SLA.

Seeing as that's the case, I'd do the following feats, in no particular order:
Spells) Emp, Maxi, Quicken, SF: Evo, GSF: Evo.
Xbow) PBS, PS, IPS, IC:R, RS, Precision
Misc) Ins Refl, DM Making.

Just enough feat slots for a Human Arti to grab all those.

I'd still take GSF: Evo over Mental Toughness. 1% crit < +1 DC to your spells, SLAs, and runearm attacks.

Why precision? Does it stack with Precise Shot?

maizotome
09-16-2013, 10:18 AM
Why precision? Does it stack with Precise Shot?
Yes, both Precision(fortification bypass) and one of two Precise stances can be toggled at the same time. Also u can turn on Poison stance from drow/assassin and Shiradi stances too. They all stacks now.