PDA

View Full Version : Epic Garos' Malice got an upgrade, did something else aswell?

ValenGodspeed
09-04-2013, 09:11 AM
I have a pair of Epic Garos’ Malice on my monk, mostly for old time’s sake since they are not really that good. However I just stuck them in the Epic altar to upgrade them the augment slots on them, and to my surprise they now have vorpal aswell. That doesn’t really make them good, but I started wondering when this change happened – theres nothing in the release notes that I can find after the U11 update, which was:

“Added Greater Incineration (procs about twice as often as normal Incineration). Sneak attack bonus was replaced with a new effect called "Blinding Embers." This blinds an enemy on a vorpal hit, no save.”

So the question is when did this happen, and did other of the old items get an upgrade that I for some reason have completely missed?

Dexraven
09-04-2013, 09:14 AM
Bet you have the ninja spy capstone

"Ninja Master: You gain +2 Dexterity. While you are centered, you gain a +1 Competence bonus to the Critical Threat Range with Short Swords and a +2 Competence bonus to the Critical Threat Range with Kamas and Shuriken. Any piercing or slashing weapon you wield gains the Vorpal ability."

ValenGodspeed
09-04-2013, 09:21 AM
Bet you have the ninja spy capstone

"Ninja Master: You gain +2 Dexterity. While you are centered, you gain a +1 Competence bonus to the Critical Threat Range with Short Swords and a +2 Competence bonus to the Critical Threat Range with Kamas and Shuriken. Any piercing or slashing weapon you wield gains the Vorpal ability."

Would have been a good call - but I spend most my points in Shintao so I dont have Ninja Master.
And just to make sure I equipped some kama's they did not get the vorpal description.

If I had half a clue as to post Pictures on the forum I would put one up.

Dexraven
09-04-2013, 09:23 AM
mmm interesting... (leans back in seat and taps fingertips together like Mr burns)

HernandoCortez
09-04-2013, 09:26 AM
I have a pair of Epic Garos’ Malice on my monk, mostly for old time’s sake since they are not really that good. However I just stuck them in the Epic altar to upgrade them the augment slots on them, and to my surprise they now have vorpal aswell. That doesn’t really make them good, but I started wondering when this change happened – theres nothing in the release notes that I can find after the U11 update, which was:

“Added Greater Incineration (procs about twice as often as normal Incineration). Sneak attack bonus was replaced with a new effect called "Blinding Embers." This blinds an enemy on a vorpal hit, no save.”

So the question is when did this happen, and did other of the old items get an upgrade that I for some reason have completely missed?

So I have to put it in the altar to get vorpal?

Edit: mine already had the slots, so no vorpal...

Wipey
09-04-2013, 09:53 AM
Chaosblade got 0.5W as well, but its only use is still "having pretty pink khop while doing nothing in the Market ".

Eistander
09-04-2013, 10:26 AM
I can confirm that vorpal does get added, as mine only had the red slot and only 2 dice to the damage. Gained vorpal and a colorless slot as well. Kinda nifty.

HelvanderSeries6
09-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I can confirm that vorpal does get added, as mine only had the red slot and only 2 dice to the damage. Gained vorpal and a colorless slot as well. Kinda nifty.

Cool..the wiki has the latest pic with the vorpal upgrade. I came back to this thread to post the pic but i guess there is no need with this confirmation. Do i need tokens for the upgrade? I have the revamp versions without the vorpal.

voodoogroves
09-04-2013, 07:26 PM
50 siberys shards to update it, plus it clears your slots.

I just checked mine as well - vorpal + red + white.

I checked a few other items as well - but only ones I'd not slotted that I had laying around on the one toon. These did not change
- Phiarlan Spy Dagger
- Big Top
- Midnight Greetings

I will check a few Fens items later tonight.

Missing_Minds
09-04-2013, 08:40 PM
Wife just made one from scratch. It has vorpal on it for her.

HernandoCortez
09-04-2013, 08:47 PM

I checked a few other items as well - but only ones I'd not slotted that I had laying around on the one toon. These did not change
- Phiarlan Spy Dagger
- Big Top
- Midnight Greetings

Nice, gonna upgrade mine. Thanks man.

NaturalHazard
09-04-2013, 08:48 PM
Wife just made one from scratch. It has vorpal on it for her.

Cool i got the pieces for one, but my piercing specced toon is only level 15 might just make one anyway :D.

HelvanderSeries6
09-04-2013, 10:04 PM

- Phiarlan Spy Dagger
- Big Top
- Midnight Greetings

thanks for the info..this is a cool little bump to a lvl20 epic item and it reduces some of the effects of the power creep..well, a lil anyways. I will check some desert stuffs later. I have a set of epic stings that are just dying for some vorpal :)