PDA

View Full Version : Login and Launcher Issues: September 2nd, 2013 Last Updated 1:42 PM Eastern

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Cordovan
09-01-2013, 07:56 PM
UPDATE 2:16 PM Eastern: The game worlds have reopened! Thank you for your patience, and we'll see you in-game.

UPDATED: We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. Web services are beginning to be restored fully, but in the event that you have difficulty accessing the site we recommend visiting the official Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/ddounlimited) for updates.

Work continues and we will update as more services are restored. Thanks for your patience!

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
09-01-2013, 07:57 PM
Thank you for acknowledging on your official forums.

Good luck. And tell them to put down the chicken leg, and fix it!

RotR
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Glad I am not the only one trying to get on. The launcher gets to installing pre-reqs and stops. any clue as to when this will be handled? My son in Ohio is having the same issue

Hordo
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
Thanks for the update!

I'll start drinking now and hopefully the servers will be back on before I'm so sauced I become non-kosher.

geoffhanna
09-01-2013, 08:00 PM
This implies that some people are able to get in. How?

Shmuel
09-01-2013, 08:02 PM
We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!

Its hard to thank someone for something they are not actually providing. My patience, especially with vague, one liner comments 4 hours after the issue was well known to us, about the game being down on a holiday weekend, is nil.

Give us a real ETA, a description of the problem and an explanation of what, exactly is being done about it.

validate
ty. been over an hour so far. had issues buying in the store things. then game crashed and cant get back in. had to bbq for family anyways. but itching to get back in

lol. lol. lol guess can't play lotro eigther. must be all turbine..

world of tanks it is till up. or a bit more wurm online.

taking a break from other games to re try ddo. and loving every min of it.

Stoner81
Glad I am not the only one trying to get on. The launcher gets to installing pre-reqs and stops. any clue as to when this will be handled? My son in Ohio is having the same issue

I'm in the UK so this is worldwide and will take a while to fix (I dare say) so I would not expect to be playing for the next 6-12 hours probably longer with it being a bank holiday weekend. If it comes back sooner then awesome but I am certainly not expecting a quick fix.

Give us a real ETA, a description of the problem and an explanation of what, exactly is being done about it.

LOL this sort of thing takes a lot of time to fix be patient. Yes it's frustrating (myself included) but there is nothing we can do about it.

Stoner81.

Leistes
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
any clue as to when this will be handled?

Read the OP. he said they are working on it. In other words, it is being handled.

Cordovan
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
FYI: We apologize for the late notification of the forums, but until recently we have been unable to log into our admin accounts on the forums because of the issues being experienced. This same issue currently prevents us from updating the launcher as well.

Since our ability to keep people informed through the forums may be impacted, please make sure to get the latest information on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/ddounlimited). No account or sign-up is required in order to view these messages. Thanks!

Robai
09-01-2013, 08:04 PM

Indeed, I'm surprised as well.

Sokól
09-01-2013, 08:05 PM
I'm in the UK so this is worldwide and will take a while to fix (I dare say) so I would not expect to be playing for the next 6-12 hours probably longer with it being a bank holiday weekend. If it comes back sooner then awesome but I am certainly not expecting a quick fix.

Stoner81.

same status here going to bed...

LadyKoneko
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!

YEY!! finally an answer!

Vonavin
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
I just saw that same bug had occured on LOTRO game client on 3rd Aug. Oh and it seems it took 3 days to fix this ? Very impressive...

mons
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM

I don't expect a response from Turbine but isn't it kinda obvious that YOUR provider is the common denominator for these issues that have been occurring since the beginning of August? Will all this downtime over that period be reimbursed to those of us affected?

BOgre
09-01-2013, 08:11 PM
I wish people would VIEW this page before posting a reply.

http://i1138.photobucket.com/albums/n534/basilvino/views.png

It's all the rampant time travel that's causing the login issues. Stupid flying DeLoreans.

Chaimberland
FYI: We apologize for the late notification of the forums, but until recently we have been unable to log into our admin accounts on the forums because of the issues being experienced. This same issue currently prevents us from updating the launcher as well.

Since our ability to keep people informed through the forums may be impacted, please make sure to get the latest information on Facebook (https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited) and Twitter (https://twitter.com/ddounlimited). No account or sign-up is required in order to view these messages. Thanks!

I don't do either of these. I was on earlier today but now can't get past loading pre-reqs. I've playing this game for a long time now and have always defended it. But I must admit that the quality seems to be getting worse. Can't log in, quests being broken, a mountain of bugs. Remind me again what I'm paying for?

enochiancub
I don't expect a response from Turbine but isn't it kinda obvious that YOUR provider is the common denominator for these issues that have been occurring since the beginning of August? Will all this downtime over that period be reimbursed to those of us affected?

Maybe it's a language barrier issue, but why would we need be reimbursed for this?

Tom_Hunters
same issue..
crashed and then unable to get back on... hopefully can be up soon...

Cordovan
09-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Woot! Spoke too soon, was able to get to the launcher. Progress?

Vairion
09-01-2013, 08:14 PM
Maybe it's a language barrier issue, but why would we need be reimbursed for this?

Because people that pay monthly or annually for full access (VIP players) don't get the service they are paying for when DDO is down.

jalont
09-01-2013, 08:15 PM

This is incorrect, since the early August problems were experienced by a wide-variety of MMO players, including those from WOW. Unless you're claiming some vast conspiracy that Turbine owns WOW (which honestly, from what I've been seeing from some people here today, you may ACTUALLY BE claiming this), then the early August problems had nothing to do with Turbine, but something internet-wide.

Chaimberland
09-01-2013, 08:16 PM

I don't do either of these (face book or twitter). I was on earlier today but now can't get past loading pre-reqs. I've been playing this game for a long time now and have always defended it. But I must admit that the quality seems to be getting worse. Can't log in, quests being broken, a mountain of bugs. Remind me again what I'm paying for?

Drwaz99
09-01-2013, 08:17 PM
If this is indeed an issue with another provider, it is time to renegotiate the contract adding a interruption of service for <X> amount of time fines or find another provider. Even though it may not be directly Turbines fault, Turbine's reputation is the one taking the hit.

Docgem
09-01-2013, 08:17 PM

Because some of us are actual paying customers? Oh, did I say that out loud?

Bogenbroom
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM

If the problem is with their ISP, I would assume Turbine uses mutliple ISPs in order to provide redundancy. It is likely that some people would, by default, use the other ISP. Unfortunately, like most systems designed to provide high availability, it only really fails over-reliably when one completely dies.

And, before someone asks, turning off the problem ISP is not as simple as it sounds.

Rynehawk
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Not to be rude, but there hasn't been an update there either so I'm not ready to buy the reasoning.

bsquishwizzy
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM

Ummmm...wow!

Tangelina
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Don't worry fellas, Turbine is very well on their way to fixing these issues. I reckon they'll be giving out compensation for the time it went down, as for the compensations we can only speculate but I'm guessing another +2 loot weekend

jalont
09-01-2013, 08:21 PM
Not to be rude, but there hasn't been an update there either so I'm not ready to buy the reasoning.

erm, both facebook and twitter were updated... and the response was posted 100 times on these forums. What are you talking about?

geoffhanna

Nothing that is visible from here. Still stuck at "Installing Pre-Reqs".

LittleowlGiantKiller
Hope this gets worked out soon! Glad you finally acknowledged there was an issue on public forums.

Iaga
09-01-2013, 08:22 PM
Woot! Spoke too soon, was able to get to the launcher. Progress? Heh, no luck .... still hanging on installing pre-reqs ...

kataries

no such luck still down did the launch of shadowfell mess it up that bad

bsquishwizzy

In Michigan, USA. Still unable to login.

vampiregoat69
Wow several hours later and still nothing, wonder if someone did a D.O.S. on them or something. I was on a game,can't remember which one and it was brought down from some jerk hacker that did a D.O.S. and they had to work to get it back up.

kittiara
nope still broken keep trying though don't give up!!!

kwbonin

I can get in. Stays stuck at the launcher screen saying "Installing Pre_Reqs".

pnpsince83
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Thx for an update, kind of an update anyway. Maybe some details? Like what exactly is the problem? Why didn't you have a back up plan in case this problem ever arose? How long do you anticipate this to last? Will you be giving some sort of reimbursement? Do you appreciate those who pay for your game or do you figure "eh heck with it. They'll just deal with what we tell em"? Ok the last one was a sorta cheap shot but some of us don't always get to play and to ruin a holiday weekend stings, ya dig?

Kyshara
I really would like to know how could a +2 loot bonus compensate for people who like to TR.
Last week I lost hours of gameplay and when the game finally came back I couldn't use chest items due to ML. Not everyone is stuck on epic levels.

Phenomenon
It's becoming quite obvious that the current Service Provider can't handle problems on their end. It's High Time to cut them out of the profit sharing and make a switch to one that can handle the multitude of player's without any hitches. Don't give into their demands, we pay enough as it is. This seems to occur every time a US Holiday comes around, what gives???

Vonavin
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM

Nope, Nothing...

Kik97

I can get to launcher also. still getting stopped at Installing Pre-reqs. :(

RedDw4rf

If you are VIP we are technically paying for time to play and we can't play. Therefore they have to reimburse us something or extend our VIP subscription for the time we cannot get on.

ixtriumph

This is a funny response guys. We know there is an issue already and its nice to know your working on it however if this were a game like LoL we would know exactly what is going on and when to expect the issue to be fixed. Do you guys literally not care about your players or are you guys joking with us by giving us this response? In the last 2 months i have seen a decline in players in my server and i'm sure this is a good reason why. We would like to respect you guys as a solid team that cares about us as players, you guys would have no jobs without us and to be honest yes your game is a free to play game however im sure since your player base is generally older aged players somewhere down the line they have spent money in the game such as myself and all we ask for in return is more details on issues such as these that may come up since these are unexpected for you and all of us im sure. To much to ask for a detailed response? For example look at the response i have left for your response. It is detailed in showing my point and its giving you information on how me and 100s of other players probably feel right now. I've literally only took 2 minutes out of my time to write a paragraph explaining my feelings on the issue yet you guys took 2 seconds to write a petty sentence that gives us nothing.

Rynehawk
09-01-2013, 08:25 PM
erm, both facebook and twitter were updated... and the response was posted 100 times on these forums. What are you talking about?

Oh you mean the one 3 hours ago that said there was an issue. I was under the impression there was some kind of update. Seeing as they weren't able to access the forums during that entire time, I can see why a 3 hour old message would suffice. Especially if they were trying hard to get an update out to everyone but just couldn't get to the forums. I'm sure twitter and facebook were not reachable that whole time too.

And yes, that's heavy sarcasm.

develsdaughter
09-01-2013, 08:25 PM
your sweet sasafrass this is in their megabuck contracts...Us peasents wont see a bit of it..
that is all..
yours truly
a discruntled vip

If this is indeed an issue with another provider, it is time to renegotiate the contract adding a interruption of service for <X> amount of time fines or find another provider. Even though it may not be directly Turbines fault, Turbine's reputation is the one taking the hit.

LucasMacKinnon
09-01-2013, 08:26 PM
well at least it's progress. don't know how well of progress, but it's progress

kwbonin
I can get in. Stays stuck at the launcher screen saying "Installing Pre_Reqs".

Can't. I can't get in...

BOgre
If you are VIP we are technically paying for time to play and we can't play. Therefore they have to reimburse us something or extend our VIP subscription for the time we cannot get on.

Well, do a quick number crunch. Where would like the 6cents cheque mailed?

EckmanCA
09-01-2013, 08:27 PM
I usually don't post, but I am really getting fed up with all the issues. I've been a paid subscriber for about 3 years now and I don't see any real progress in quality control. New changes, content, and loot is all cool. However,the seriousness of the breaks, for example - 15 heroic VoNs / 1 epic; app crashes mutilple times a day after last update (before maybe once a week). How about the silly airship exit dialog still appearing? I am seriouly debating my future with DDO.

ixtriumph

I know one thing, i am vip and would like my LR timer to be reset now instead of 6 more days then i'll be happy.

Cordovan
Sorry, clarity fail on my part. I should have said, "Woot! I am now able to get to the system that allows me to post a message to the launcher news feed, and have now done so."

kataries
I don't do either of these (face book or twitter). I was on earlier today but now can't get past loading pre-reqs. I've been playing this game for a long time now and have always defended it. But I must admit that the quality seems to be getting worse. Can't log in, quests being broken, a mountain of bugs. Remind me again what I'm paying for?

my boyfriends been on facebook via twitter

Cridder420
09-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Humm... At least the downtime can enjoy the +2 weekend =(

Dimz

Did you come up with that on your own?

belgareth58

i am having problems logging in from australia, hope that they get resolved quickly.

die
09-01-2013, 08:29 PM

Not here as of 7:28 Mt. Doooooooom

jalont
09-01-2013, 08:29 PM
Oh you mean the one 3 hours ago that said there was an issue. I was under the impression there was some kind of update. Seeing as they weren't able to access the forums during that entire time, I can see why a 3 hour old message would suffice. Especially if they were trying hard to get an update out to everyone but just couldn't get to the forums. I'm sure twitter and facebook were not reachable that whole time too.

And yes, that's heavy sarcasm.

I don't understand what type of update you're looking for. They've already said it's an outside problem and they are waiting for the outside people to fix the outside problem. What were you expecting, the exact same comment with a fresher timestamp?

Phenomenon
09-01-2013, 08:31 PM
This is incorrect, since the early August problems were experienced by a wide-variety of MMO players, including those from WOW. Unless you're claiming some vast conspiracy that Turbine owns WOW (which honestly, from what I've been seeing from some people here today, you may ACTUALLY BE claiming this), then the early August problems had nothing to do with Turbine, but something internet-wide.

This is becoming the standard for US Holiday weekends

thomascoolone64
09-01-2013, 08:31 PM
Not here as of 7:28 Mt. Doooooooom

Howdy neighbor! im in the Springs! And Yeah i cant Connect to. :(

RedDw4rf
09-01-2013, 08:32 PM

That is why they generally reimburse it would cost them at least twenty times more to cut you a check for $0.06. But if someone is stupid enough to send a check for $0.06 I will cash it :p.

ixtriumph
Sorry, clarity fail on my part. I should have said, "Woot! I am not able to get to the system that allows me to post a message to the launcher news feed, and have now done so."

Well at least your here on the front lines Cordovan trying i suppose.

Chauncey1

But...but...how am I supposed to maintain my outrage with no ETA?
I can only keep this up for so long. I'm not as young as I used to be ya know!

Seriously though, good luck!

Rynehawk
I don't understand what type of update you're looking for. They've already said it's an outside problem and they are waiting for the outside people to fix the outside problem. What were you expecting, the exact same comment with a fresher timestamp?

No, maybe an actual update. Usually those things come with information like what the problem is, what it is going to take to fix it, and how long it is going to take. Kind of like when you are in any other type of waiting room, be it a doctor office, automobile shop, or even a barbershop. At some point more information than a confirmation of "yup! There's an issue" is warranted.

At least if you don't want to upset the people waiting.

SpiderPig
09-01-2013, 08:33 PM
Okay guys I am putting together a raid group to try and get pass this "Installing Pre-req" run. So far I have tried nothing and I am all out of ideas, maybe with a good group we can beat it down.

Who's with me?

CongorKill
09-01-2013, 08:34 PM
i am having problems logging in from australia, hope that they get resolved quickly.

Canada, Australia, England, US... sounds global. Last time there was considerable down time was about 8 months ago and everyone got free heroism pots (perm. item). With everyone in Seattle I wonder how many are still minding the store? Sucks that this happened on a long weekend with mega exposure. Best just to chill for the night and game like a demon... tomorrow?

kataries
09-01-2013, 08:35 PM
This is a funny response guys. We know there is an issue already and its nice to know your working on it however if this were a game like LoL we would know exactly what is going on and when to expect the issue to be fixed. Do you guys literally not care about your players or are you guys joking with us by giving us this response? In the last 2 months i have seen a decline in players in my server and i'm sure this is a good reason why. We would like to respect you guys as a solid team that cares about us as players, you guys would have no jobs without us and to be honest yes your game is a free to play game however im sure since your player base is generally older aged players somewhere down the line they have spent money in the game such as myself and all we ask for in return is more details on issues such as these that may come up since these are unexpected for you and all of us im sure. To much to ask for a detailed response? For example look at the response i have left for your response. It is detailed in showing my point and its giving you information on how me and 100s of other players probably feel right now. I've literally only took 2 minutes out of my time to write a paragraph explaining my feelings on the issue yet you guys took 2 seconds to write a petty sentence that gives us nothing.

idk I pay 2 play and when u pay 50 to 100 bucks for expansions plus vip monthly it adds up no too mention vip for 3 other accounts

Peelll
The day of the update I tried to log on and got "The server is full". I wouldn't be surprised to see that again with so many of us checking every few minutes.

ixtriumph
Okay guys I am putting together a raid group to try and get pass this "Installing Pre-req" run. So far I have tried nothing and I am all out of ideas, maybe with a good group we can beat it down.

Who's with me?

Got an idea, just be patient since its probably just causing more problems with thousands of people trying to open the launcher at one time. Not going to get past it until they get it fixed

vampiregoat69
09-01-2013, 08:36 PM
well holy hell tried all day now and can't get in I want some sort of compensation at least please I wanted to get coins done to TR but now that this whole day is shot. *WHINE CRY MOAN*

D_Man_Loki
Has anyone ever notice how these issues always seem to happen during bonus day event?

IconicHero
I have had no issue logging into the forums the game however i get same message everyone else does stuck on loading prereqs. I hope as someone had posted this is not the same issue they had on aug 3 on lotro that took three days to resolve and if it is you would think it wouldn't take that long this time. Hope to see all in the game sometime but with ddo issues don't get fixed fast so will be checking in tomorrow to see if they have fixed anything! And btw cordavon mentioned he was able to access the launcher i assume feeds i still have none coming through not sure if others have the same experience but i have no launcher messages!

mons
09-01-2013, 08:52 PM

Because the issue at hand is on their end, its their provider as stated by Cordovan meaning my computer and my ISP is not the cause.

tpmnec
09-01-2013, 08:52 PM
I've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and I'm wearing sunglasses.

Who's with me?

Psiandron
09-01-2013, 08:53 PM
That is why they generally reimburse it would cost them at least twenty times more to cut you a check for $0.06. But if someone is stupid enough to send a check for $0.06 I will cash it :p.

Pretty sure that if you check your agreement with Turbine, or any game that offers subscriptions, you will find that they explicitly do not guarantee 24/7 game access to you. They are under no obligation to reimburse you at all. They never have reimbursed anyone for downtime, unless you want to count gamewide +s to loot, xp and renown.

Don't get me wrong, I'm irritated at all this too. It's just that there are always people asking about reimbursement whenever this happens and it's just not something to which you are entitled. Sorry.

Now back to the mayhem and possibly news from Jerry.

kwbonin
09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
It is not easy to keep an online game up and running. Especially with services that you are relying on from elsewhere. Remember while we are at home waiting to play, they are working...

verycretin
I've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark... and I'm wearing sunglasses.

We're on a mission from god.

Invalid_49
Can't. I can't get in...

I've been playing since 2006 and these "so called glitches" are stealing my time and money! I think you need to reconsider some type of reimbursement to make up for all the time i'm losing and obviously many other loyal players as well.

TedSandyman
Is the game down or something? I couldn't get in.

Psiandron
09-01-2013, 08:57 PM

Cereal?

Phenomenon
09-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Sorry, clarity fail on my part. I should have said, "Woot! I am now able to get to the system that allows me to post a message to the launcher news feed, and have now done so."

That may be all well and good, but if we can't get to the Launcher News Feed it really doesn't do us a whole hell-of-alot if we can't get to it

enochiancub
09-01-2013, 09:02 PM
Because the issue at hand is on their end, its their provider as stated by Cordovan meaning my computer and my ISP is not the cause.

Ah, so not a language issue. Cultural issue. Very interesting.

Phenomenon
09-01-2013, 09:04 PM

No, it's just a figment of our imaginations

Venanthallas
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM
No, it's just a figment of our imaginations

like lag... its just in your head

Hendrik
09-01-2013, 09:06 PM

Um, no they do not 'have to'.

Cite me the part in the EULA/ToS where it states that.

mons
09-01-2013, 09:09 PM

DDO has gone down every week in the Month of August for various subscribers, not just the original from 8/3 - 8/5 that affected a broader player base. When Turbine can make a phone call to THEIR provider and resolve the issue that was preventing me from logging into the game then yeah, Id say I was correct.

mons
09-01-2013, 09:10 PM
Ah, so not a language issue. Cultural issue. Very interesting.

What in the hell does my culture compared to yours have anything to do with the issue at hand?

CaptainPurge
09-01-2013, 09:12 PM
Clearly Syria is preempting a US military strike by initiating cyber war on Turbine...the first victims of course are DDO players. We're dangerous.

iPuffinstuff
Nuggets

GreyBlaze
Just as I posted a response on another thread, they closed that thread. Now no one will know what I'm talking about!

OUTRAGE!!!!!!11!

mons
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Pretty sure that if you check your agreement with Turbine, or any game that offers subscriptions, you will find that they explicitly do not guarantee 24/7 game access to you. They are under no obligation to reimburse you at all. They never have reimbursed anyone for downtime, unless you want to count gamewide +s to loot, xp and renown.

Don't get me wrong, I'm irritated at all this too. It's just that there are always people asking about reimbursement whenever this happens and it's just not something to which you are entitled. Sorry.

Yes, they have reimbursed people (VIP'S) for downtime in the past.

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 09:13 PM
Clearly Syria is preempting a US military strike by initiating cyber war on Turbine...the first victims of course are DDO players. We're dangerous.

It's because of all our +5 gear, and of course, our intimate knowledge of soloing boss monsters.

vaugnard
09-01-2013, 09:14 PM
Just as I posted a response on another thread, they closed that thread. Now no one will know what I'm talking about!

OUTRAGE!!!!!!11!

Books! You're talking about books!

Gafwmn

If there is a problem with anything,I come here,and expect to find an answer, or at least some post here.
I,like so many others,DO NOT USE facebook or twitter.

Shmuel
Um, no they do not 'have to'.

Cite me the part in the EULA/ToS where it states that.

It says nothing of the sort in the EULA. It says, basically, they do what they want, and you like it!

So, to disregard what they "have to" do, how about what they SHOULD do.

1. reimburse people for money they spent with an expectation of time in the game.
2. be communicative about just what is specifically going on, and when they guesstimate the problem being fixed
3. offer something meaningful to customers (im thinking a few of those 100000xp stones form the sagas would be appropriate)
4. Fire this ISP and hire another, maybe even more expensive but more reliable one and take a small hit in their profits to make their customers satisfied.

Do they have to do those things? no. but doing or not doing them is kinda like the difference between being a fair person/entity and being fully ridiculously selfish.

kerupted
09-01-2013, 09:15 PM
to put away the keyboard, grab a deck of cards, and either do push-ups or shots for each card til its back online. either u will a good long work out or pass out and not remember why u were drinking.

Sam1313
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM
It's because of all our +5 gear, and of course, our intimate knowledge of soloing boss monsters.

Awsome

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 09:16 PM

Now what will I be outraged by? Somebody knows what I'm talking about!

Oh... can be outraged about that?

No? Oh.. okay.

So, anyway, for the one of you, Cain S. Latrani on Amazon. That's me. Those are my books.

The rest of you wondering what I'm talking about, it's a Jersey thing. Carry on with your Turbine outrage.

Nocker
09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
236 laps of 325 is the current progress in the Nascar race, You have that long to Fix DDO

Havok.cry
09-01-2013, 09:17 PM
If there is a problem with anything,I come here,and expect to find an answer, or at least some post here.
I,like so many others,DO NOT USE facebook or twitter.

If they themselves were unable to get onto their own accounts to post on here before now, what exactly do you expect them to have done? They posted in places they could actually access. Now they can access here again and have posted. So if you are just stubbornly refusing to use the tools that actually can be used at the time, that is on you not them.

@turbine, please start using services that are of higher quality than *****.

ChromeX
09-01-2013, 09:18 PM
What in the hell does my culture compared to yours have anything to do with the issue at hand?

Feeding the trolls can be detrimental.

LordofNil
Tweeted on lotr twitter feed

https://twitter.com/lotro

fyi confirmed routing issue with third party provider no ETA

Shalexilf
Had to happen on a weekend during the best play times :'(. Stuff happens I just hope turbine is doing there best to fix this as soon as possible. Like most players are thinking I just hope I get something to make up for Downtime.

Sscorpionss
09-01-2013, 09:19 PM
Don't know about anyone else but I am tired of all these problems.......thinking of all the money and time playing ddo...maybe its time to do something else with my money and life... Turbine needs to hurry and fix this **** or I give up...:(

Tokeri
09-01-2013, 09:19 PM
oh damn i was hopeing to get my robot into gh lvl range today :(
i guess its time to boot up some skyrim i have an urge to shoot people in the knee

Vandhamm
09-01-2013, 09:20 PM
Your making me smoke all my ddo nugs without my DDO game. SIN. You shame FADA :(

smeggy1384
That may be all well and good, but if we can't get to the Launcher News Feed it really doesn't do us a whole hell-of-alot if we can't get to it

What i got out of this was something previously inaccessible to those working on it now is. They must be a step closer to a fix if they can get to what was previously locked or disabled.

Xorm

LIES!
Need I need remind you of the horrible Valentines Day Massacre?

Chauncey1
09-01-2013, 09:23 PM
Got an idea, just be patient since its probably just causing more problems with thousands of people trying to open the launcher at one time. Not going to get past it until they get it fixed

DANGITALLTOHECK!

Figures I'm not flagged!

Teh_Troll
09-01-2013, 09:25 PM
Hory clap people . . . technical stuff happens. None of the d000m1!!! is gonna change this.

Besides . . . THIS IS TURBINE and any expectations of them running a professional operation should have been dispelled years ago.

Desdemonte
09-01-2013, 09:28 PM
We need a Labour Day Long Weekend Fiasco TP sale, and the current sales extended!

Chauncey1
09-01-2013, 09:28 PM
Cereal?

Thuper thereal!

unholy1
09-01-2013, 09:32 PM
LOTRO ?@lotro 4h

@kmann88823471 Because it is external to us. We can't. It requires a third party to resolve it. Two actually.

a little disconcerting is that on the lotro twitter feed there's tons of updates in the last 5 hours about the issue, as in they are keeping their player base informed. Us however the red-bearded dwarves of WB ... well we have 2. the thread closed by cordovan says that they expect to have the issue resolved by 9/3/2013.

and while i will never expect any sort of recompense IF it were up to me ... lets see appx 48 hrs at 2k Xp per minute, yeah that sound about right

Tscheuss
09-01-2013, 09:34 PM
Latest tracert has something different. Something is happening...

Tracing route to ddo.com [74.201.103.121]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

3 * * 27 ms 71.144.192.176
4 31 ms 35 ms 29 ms 12.83.79.137
5 35 ms 38 ms 26 ms cgcil04jt.ip.att.net [12.122.81.97]
6 29 ms 28 ms 27 ms 0.ae10.BR3.CHI13.ALTER.NET [204.255.168.165]
7 54 ms 52 ms 54 ms 0.xe-4-1-2.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.186]
8 50 ms 55 ms 51 ms 0.xe-11-2-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.162]

9 52 ms 51 ms 57 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

10 51 ms * * border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.107]
11 turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202] reports: Destination host
unreachable.

Trace complete.

...but what?

Maxxcore
09-01-2013, 09:35 PM
Oh so it's not just be... what a relief.

jessman615
09-01-2013, 09:39 PM
Is it just me, or did something similar happen with downtime in feb. for like 3 days?

Otoros
09-01-2013, 09:41 PM
Everyone relax and take a deep breath. People want computers to be like toasters: you put your toast in, wait a few minutes, the toast comes out. It's simple and always works. Computers, networking, and the internet are never ever going to be like this. It's not a realistic expectation. In addition to this, the internet is a hodgepodge of providers, some of whom are not even paid by Turbine or related to them. That being said, if someone who Turbine is paying money to has dropped the ball, I hope they included penalty clauses into the contract and can pass those savings onto their own paying customers. Of course that would require smart management, something I am not certain Turbine possesses.

Tscheuss
09-01-2013, 09:45 PM

OUTRAGE!!!!!!11!

Remind us of that fabulous author again? :)

Nigel137
09-01-2013, 09:46 PM
:mad: OK this has now become officially extremely unpleasant. And I have also become miffed. Peturbed even. GAH I say to you turbine. If a real turbine ran like this then blades would be flying out of the casing and we would all have severe steam burns. :mad:

Psiandron
People want computers to be like toasters: you put your toast in, wait a few minutes, the toast comes out. It's simple and always works.

Someone makes your toast for you I'm guessing.

tonowanda

Who's with me?

im there

Charononus
09-01-2013, 09:48 PM
Hory clap people . . . technical stuff happens. None of the d000m1!!! is gonna change this.

Besides . . . THIS IS TURBINE and any expectations of them running a professional operation should have been dispelled years ago.

You mean like letting your domain name expire?

LucasMacKinnon
09-01-2013, 09:49 PM
Why can't we get updates like the LOTRO facebook page, or the LOTRO twitter page? Even if it's nothing more then to say "Hey sorry it's taking so long, but we are working on it. LOTRO gets an update 10 to 15 minutes ago. DDO twitter and facebook update. an hour or more ago... Is it just me or does it feel like Turbine treats DDO players like the red headed step child you toss in a closet, vs the LOTRO players they sit down and explain that they are trying to work on the problem and keep them in the loop with at least some information.

Docgem
"It puts the lotion on it's body or it gets the hose"

See where my mind can go when I don't have my DDO.

Otoros
:mad: OK this has now become officially extremely unpleasant. And I have also become miffed. Peturbed even. GAH I say to you turbine. If a real turbine ran like this then blades would be flying out of the casing and we would all have severe steam burns. :mad:

Again, before you blow a sprocket, understand this may be something not under their control. If a contractor cuts you utility line out of negligence is it the utility company's fault? Be sensible.

cmckronos
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
Tweeted on lotr twitter feed

https://twitter.com/lotro

fyi confirmed routing issue with third party provider no ETA

Now that is how to provide updates ... Will remember not to check here for them but check out LOTR instead :)

Khanan
09-01-2013, 09:50 PM
"Douglas Hovermale
Due to the holiday weekend and external connection problems with our providers, we anticipate login issues for certain players to be corrected and restored on 9/3/2013. We are working diligently to restore services to both game and forum connections. We are sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank You! DDO Team! 8:43 cst 9/1/2013"

this was on another thread,someone plz tell me this just some troll bull ****t -ing us....

3 days downtime is beyond unacceptable... (on the brink of full blown rage!) dooom!!

Otoros
09-01-2013, 09:51 PM
Someone makes your toast for you I'm guessing.

Nope

Kaytis
Unable to contact http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx

traceroute to gls.ddo.com (74.201.102.13), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
1 10.0.0.1 (10.0.0.1) 1.357 ms 1.002 ms 0.903 ms
2 c-24-98-184-1.hsd1.ga.comcast.net (24.98.184.1) 31.671 ms 25.704 ms 30.072 ms
3 xe-11-0-0-32767-sur01.g2lilburn.ga.atlanta.comcast.net (68.85.233.145) 11.654 ms 11.009 ms 9.388 ms
4 xe-14-1-1-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.net (68.85.232.121) 11.492 ms 10.442 ms
xe-10-0-2-0-ar01.b0atlanta.ga.atlanta.comcast.net (68.86.106.246) 12.541 ms
5 he-5-12-0-0-10-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.93.125) 16.005 ms 14.806 ms
he-5-12-0-0-11-cr01.56marietta.ga.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.95.197) 16.369 ms
6 68.86.88.214 (68.86.88.214) 24.260 ms 29.266 ms 27.807 ms
7 be-10-pe02.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net (68.86.82.113) 24.327 ms 25.910 ms 24.772 ms
8 n-a.gw1.mia19.alter.net (152.179.236.1) 27.771 ms 26.221 ms 24.758 ms
9 0.xe-8-1-0.xl1.mia19.alter.net (152.63.81.9) 25.759 ms 25.737 ms 25.937 ms
10 * * *
11 0.xe-10-1-0.gw15.bos4.alter.net (152.63.21.38) 60.634 ms 57.855 ms 55.314 ms
12 internap-gw.customer.alter.net (152.179.134.214) 56.249 ms 55.622 ms 57.836 ms
13 border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net (63.251.128.107) 57.006 ms 57.454 ms 56.708 ms
14 turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net (64.95.76.202) 57.424 ms 58.234 ms 57.765 ms
15 74.201.102.106 (74.201.102.106) 57.341 ms 55.912 ms 57.339 ms
16 74.201.102.166 (74.201.102.166) 58.704 ms 57.367 ms 55.888 ms
17 * * *
18 * * *
19 * * *
20 * * *
21 * * *
22 * *^C

Mephisto-Helix
If there truly is going to be downtime until the 3rd of September, I want a refund for those 3 days or it's fraud, plain and simple.

P.S - Gosh there are enough fanboi chops sticking up for Turbines ****-ups ......... go play in traffic.

Quivit
Downtime that lasts entire weekends is why I switched mmos.

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
Again, before you blow a sprocket, understand this may be something not under their control. If a contractor cuts you utility line out of negligence is it the utility company's fault? Be sensible.

Who one chooses to do business with is ABSOLUTELY under the one's control.

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
09-01-2013, 09:53 PM
Unable to contact http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx

traceroute to gls.ddo.com (74.201.102.13), 64 hops max, 52 byte packets
<snip>

Haha! Neat! I know where you live. :)

Khanan
Why can't we get updates like the LOTRO facebook page, or the LOTRO twitter page? Even if it's nothing more then to say "Hey sorry it's taking so long, but we are working on it. LOTRO gets an update 10 to 15 minutes ago. DDO twitter and facebook update. an hour or more ago... Is it just me or does it feel like Turbine treats DDO players like the red headed step child you toss in a closet, vs the LOTRO players they sit down and explain that they are trying to work on the problem and keep them in the loop with at least some information.

seriously ddo pr guys.. . take a note from your buddies at lotro.. .

AzB

Who's with me?

Is this byoh, or we gonna wait for a healer?

Mikke
09-01-2013, 09:54 PM
Everyone relax and take a deep breath. People want computers to be like toasters: you put your toast in, wait a few minutes, the toast comes out. It's simple and always works. Computers, networking, and the internet are never ever going to be like this. It's not a realistic expectation. In addition to this, the internet is a hodgepodge of providers, some of whom are not even paid by Turbine or related to them. That being said, if someone who Turbine is paying money to has dropped the ball, I hope they included penalty clauses into the contract and can pass those savings onto their own paying customers. Of course that would require smart management, something I am not certain Turbine possesses.

I don't know about you but I put bread in my toaster :-)

Charononus
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Did a contractor really have problems or did ddo forget to pay their ip? This is the same company that forgot to pay for their domain name, so it's possible.

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
09-01-2013, 09:55 PM

Who's with me?

Not sure we're going to be able to break the DR. Imma go get more potions.

*grabs a beer*

Iann
09-01-2013, 09:56 PM
May I remind those who seem to have forgotten, the last time we had major downtime Turbine DID give payback for the downtime, for every day down a day was added to your subscription. As noted before this is not required of them, those of you who actually bothered to read the things you agreed to might know this. Hopefully they will get this fixed much sooner this time. And for those who do not care and will gripe and bytch to the ends of the earth, we who love this game really don't care that you are personally insulted by these things, we don't want to listen to you rant and cry when you join our raid group about how Turbine has constantly stuck it to you. We don't care that you think Turbine sux. In fact we would MUCH rather you actually did follow through with your threats to go play some other game. We say GOOD RIDDANCE. I hate to squelch people in a raid because they might actually have something relevant to say in the game, but some of you chronic whiners are just plain disgusting. I have noted some of your names on a pad next to my pc and when I go to join a raid I first look at who has already joined and if the nic of a whiner is there I do not join. This is a reason some raids take forever to fill. I know I am not the only person who does this. If I am the person who is leading the raid I look at my list every time before I let anyone enter my group. Maybe some of you wonder why you don't get into some raids... this may be why. Anyway, my 2 cents for now. Good hunting and good looting to you all.

Veriden

Whew, I thought they were talking about fishing poles, that would've been a reel mix up.

Glithanes
they closed the 29 page thread and sent us here?

Lol why did they not just merge that thread to here then close it over there?

Boggles the mind.

Dobber

Umm yes it is the Utility Company's fault and it would be fixed in a VERY timely manner because they would have to pay back for any and all loses :)

tonowanda
09-01-2013, 09:57 PM
wish i drank or did drugs...might make this more tolerable somehow...oh well,next option is go to bed and hope this is fixed by morning

Kryspen
09-01-2013, 09:58 PM

Who's with me?

"I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass...and I'm all out of bubblegum ."
I sure hope we don't have to wait until 9/3...

NXPlasmid
09-01-2013, 09:58 PM
May I remind those who seem to have forgotten, the last time we had major downtime Turbine DID give payback for the downtime, for every day down a day was added to your subscription. As noted before this is not required of them, those of you who actually bothered to read the things you agreed to might know this. Hopefully they will get this fixed much sooner this time. And for those who do not care and will gripe and bytch to the ends of the earth, we who love this game really don't care that you are personally insulted by these things, we don't want to listen to you rant and cry when you join our raid group about how Turbine has constantly stuck it to you. We don't care that you think Turbine sux. In fact we would MUCH rather you actually did follow through with your threats to go play some other game. We say GOOD RIDDANCE. I hate to squelch people in a raid because they might actually have something relevant to say in the game, but some of you chronic whiners are just plain disgusting. I have noted some of your names on a pad next to my pc and when I go to join a raid I first look at who has already joined and if the nic of a whiner is there I do not join. This is a reason some raids take forever to fill. I know I am not the only person who does this. If I am the person who is leading the raid I look at my list every time before I let anyone enter my group. Maybe some of you wonder why you don't get into some raids... this may be why. Anyway, my 2 cents for now. Good hunting and good looting to you all.

*adds player to squelch list*
Thank you.

redoubt
09-01-2013, 09:59 PM

You do know that the launcher news feed is not working for those of us stuck at loading pre-reqs, right?

Second, do we have any sort of ETA on the servers yet?

Thanks.

Nocker
Not sure we're going to be able to break the DR. Imma go get more potions.

*grabs a beer*

Used rogue to try and sneak in but there is a barrier, perhaps Anna can take it down, where is she? Who was she following?

riskyraines
Is it just me, or did something similar happen with downtime in feb. for like 3 days?

Yes it did and the forums got heated. I got mixed up in the nonsense but not this time. This time I finally say goodbye to DDO. No longer will I pay for 3 day black outs. No longer will I pay for Horrendous lag. No longer will I pay for weak chest loot with low droprates. YOU DONT DESERVE OUR MONEY !! You have no problem charging 60$ for a godforsaken Ottos Box ? In the meantime you cant even keep the game up? Im not waiting 2 days for this game to come back up. Half the toons got nerfed in your new enhancement line. I feel sorry for all of the paladins out there . No quest rewards for the new chain? INFINITE LAG in the new pack. Re-issuing tired old looks like the phoenix robe and the spiderspun monk outfit, shining them up really nicely and calling them something fancy just to charge almost 13$ for 1? Stuck monster after stuck monster in quests. telling us wayfinder got 10% XP until the end of the year then revoking that. Lets top it all off with zero news and weak responses as to what exactly is going on. Ive got my pitchfork and torch ready. Time we did some purple damage to ddo the way they do purple damage to us with zero lubrication.

smeggy1384

Wait... All of this to say someone is making toast with the ddo servers? How do they keep the hamsters from taking nibbles? Or do they just slice that part off?

Bahamut2119
"Douglas Hovermale
Due to the holiday weekend and external connection problems with our providers, we anticipate login issues for certain players to be corrected and restored on 9/3/2013. We are working diligently to restore services to both game and forum connections. We are sorry for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience. Thank You! DDO Team! 8:43 cst 9/1/2013"

this was on another thread,someone plz tell me this just some troll bull ****t -ing us....

3 days downtime is beyond unacceptable... (on the brink of full blown rage!) dooom!!

I looked him up according to his facebook he don't work for them so odds are just a troll. According to his page hes a marine vet about to start working as a train conductor.

Qhualor
09-01-2013, 10:00 PM
ive been in a zerg to 20 TR group for a few weeks now. I welcome this break. this has given me the time to eat something that wasn't microwaveable and cleaned out the bucket.

Link_omega
ROFLMAO, beginning to remember why I took year vacation from DDO .... might have to take extended vacation

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
Used rogue to try and sneak in but there is a barrier, perhaps Anna can take it down, where is she? Who was she following?

I'll get a few more potions to loosen Ana up, too.

Iann
If there truly is going to be downtime until the 3rd of September, I want a refund for those 3 days or it's fraud, plain and simple.

P.S - Gosh there are enough fanboi chops sticking up for Turbines ****-ups ......... go play in traffic.

I suggest the next time you have a chance you actually read the things you agreed to when you clicked the "I agree" button, there is no fraud and they owe you no refund.

Phenomenon
you mean like letting your domain name expire?

not again

Glithanes
09-01-2013, 10:01 PM

Wall of Text crits me.

Inoukchuk
"Douglas Hovermale

9/3???? I did network ops for almost 15 years, outages should be measured in minutes, bad outages in hours, and they are telling us 2 days?

For those who don't know that much about internet carriers, something affecting multiple companies very large circuits is likely a large company like AT&T or Verizon (not necessarily them, just an example)... and for it to take that long would typically mean a major fiber cut as a result of something catastrophic, like a train wreck cut the wires in a tunnel. If it isn't something like that, they should immediately fire this provider (or demand this provider permanently route around the responsible 3rd party carrier). The way these things work they could well order services from AT&T, and ATT has to route through Verizon somewhere, etc.

Charononus
ooooh it's an internet tough guy

please squelch and blacklist me so I never have to have you click on one of the few pugs I post anymore.

MalkavianX
09-01-2013, 10:02 PM
tldr

That's just messed up. I played for a few hours just fine earlier today, and now.... nothing. So I come here for information and I find out it's going to take until the 3rd to fix? Really?

I have four days off and during half of them I can't play a game I (rent) pay for? I'd say I'll go play another game, but we'd all know it was a bluff. I tried playing swtor, and it was fun and all, but it was just sooooo damn laggy. People who think ddo is laggy should go log into that game for just 5 min. Seriously.

And to top it off, the wife is out of town at a wedding until tomorrow! I was planning on sitting here in my underwear, drinking a couple (or more) wobbly pops and getting my AA to cap so I could tr it. I was so close too, just a mere 100k xp away! Aaaaaargh!

There, I'm done now. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Look! A Kitten!

http://khaanz.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/funny-kitten-pics-with-captions-2.jpg

stuwitt
Please hurry the fix as fast as turbine, already this morning i have scrubbed 2 toilets, 2 showers, vacumed the house and put thru 2 loads of washing.........dont know how much more i can take, this is setting a very bad precident.....my wife will come to expect it:(

NXPlasmid
You do know that the launcher news feed is not working for those of us stuck at loading pre-reqs, right?

Second, do we have any sort of ETA on the servers yet?

Thanks.

Friend, don't even bother with the DDO infrastructure, check the LOTRO twitter feed, LOTRO has customer support and they are being hit by the same problem. T

Kyshara
09-01-2013, 10:03 PM
I suggest the next time you have a chance you actually read the things you agreed to when you clicked the "I agree" button, there is no fraud and they owe you no refund.

Pompom Fanboy \o/ detected

Jedthered
09-01-2013, 10:03 PM

actually. yes. A company responsible for all actions of hired contractors. This is called pride in quality and commitment to your customers. If you don't like the quality then fire them. As is probably when I would do if I had not just bought a whole year of vip service.

Guindon
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the update, hopefully we can get some play time before the 3rd, if not its not the end of the world. If this is the biggest problem in your life, I will gladly swap with ya. First World Problems......

RotR
09-01-2013, 10:04 PM
So far same here in the Valley of the sun, hope it is soon, I got all night fto play, and no where to go.... oh, maybe I will eat dinner, my wife keeps saying I get so into the game I forget to eat, sleep, XXXX, or even to smoke...no, thats not right, I necver forget to smoke LOL

FoggyKnight
09-01-2013, 10:05 PM
Cordovan, Thank you to you and the other Turbine people that were willing to go in on a Sunday on a holiday weekend and work to help us out.

kruggar
09-01-2013, 10:05 PM
not able to login from brazil also

Iann
09-01-2013, 10:06 PM
Yes it did and the forums got heated. I got mixed up in the nonsense but not this time. This time I finally say goodbye to DDO. No longer will I pay for 3 day black outs. No longer will I pay for Horrendous lag. No longer will I pay for weak chest loot with low droprates. YOU DONT DESERVE OUR MONEY !! You have no problem charging 60$ for a godforsaken Ottos Box ? In the meantime you cant even keep the game up? Im not waiting 2 days for this game to come back up. Half the toons got nerfed in your new enhancement line. I feel sorry for all of the paladins out there . No quest rewards for the new chain? INFINITE LAG in the new pack. Re-issuing tired old looks like the phoenix robe and the spiderspun monk outfit, shining them up really nicely and calling them something fancy just to charge almost 13$ for 1? Stuck monster after stuck monster in quests. telling us wayfinder got 10% XP until the end of the year then revoking that. Lets top it all off with zero news and weak responses as to what exactly is going on. Ive got my pitchfork and torch ready. Time we did some purple damage to ddo the way they do purple damage to us with zero lubrication.

Last time when there was a 3 day downtime Turbine gave everyone 3 added days to their subscription so you did not pay for the days down, even though Turbine did not have to do this. They did try to make things right the best they could even though they did not have to according to the agreements you made when you entered the game. Frankly in my opinion you do not deserve this game so go play WOW or something that better fits your childish attitude.

Postumus
09-01-2013, 10:06 PM

Yeah those user agreements can be tricky. Don't want to end up like Kyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2gBvYJ21SoQ

Phenomenon
09-01-2013, 10:07 PM

That's because they think they'll get special treatment or rewards, when (if ever), the Game comes back online. What the hell, they just raked in a good sum of dough (U19), time to RETIRE, it is LABOR DAY AFTER ALL, the yoke is on us. MUAHAHAHAHAhA

riskyraines
Thanks for the update, hopefully we can get some play time before the 3rd, if not its not the end of the world. If this is the biggest problem in your life, I will gladly swap with ya. First World Problems......

When you got to a restaurant to sit down and eat and you are hungry and they have no food for you at that moment it is probably your biggest problem. Metaphor some people have 100s to 1000s of $ invested in this game. When we feel our investments aren't safe it tends to become a concern :D

pnpsince83
Def wont be able to play till the 3rd of this ive no doubt. ***** dont *****, whatever fact is you pay for something you expect it to work......if it were completely free fine, but its not and my money and all of yours i assume is pretty damned imprtant to us. Yes life has bigger problems than DDO being down, but this is EXACTLY why we play MMO's!! To forget the bigger issues! Enjoy ur monday yall and for all those sticking up for turbine, you make me sick :)

rsking
09-01-2013, 10:09 PM

ya and when when the points weren't given i never got mine hell they still haven't updated servers yet the servers are outdated and NEED TO BE UPDATED and stop blaming players for all their problems

a lot of the problems that turbine has they keep saying....
its your ISP
its your computer

BS I have never had a problem connecting to Battle.net for Starcraft 2 at all and every time its been down Blizzard stated that we Have a problem on our end..... never saying its THEIR COSTUMER... or their updating the game which isn't ever down more than 30 min not 3 Hours and its even a 10 GB game and ALL ON 1 SERVER.

LordofNil
09-01-2013, 10:10 PM
Old news but gls.ddo.com has been taken down intentionally, 40 minute old post on lotro facebook page:

https://www.facebook.com/LOTRO

We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.

Khanan
09-01-2013, 10:10 PM

lol,SOME players they say. .. look at all the people posting here and in other threads,and all the the tens of thousands of views... try MOST players. .. dont sugar coat it... **** is ****ed up.

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 10:11 PM

I said something similar on another thread about this. Right there with you. The world will keep turning, and frankly, if I lose out on 3 days of play, even at $15 a month, that's a pretty minor loss. I've wasted more money on things I needed even less than my DDO fix.

Kaytis
09-01-2013, 10:12 PM
Haha! Neat! I know where you live. :)

Don't tell anyone ;-)

Charlemagne2
09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
Please make sure you all refer to this issue as the Labor Day LETDOWN!

Guindon
09-01-2013, 10:14 PM
When you got to a restaurant to sit down and eat and you are hungry and they have no food for you at that moment it is probably your biggest problem. Metaphor some people have 100s to 1000s of $ invested in this game. When we feel our investments aren't safe it tends to become a concern :D

I understand its not a ideal situation, but when things run 24/7 for years there tends to be surprise down times. All I was saying Is DDO is not a necessity. We will all survive a day of two without it if it comes to that. Some of our lives will actually be better, ie, we might stop to take a shower or talk to our families, maybe go outside. As for investments, well if you have $1000 worth of golf clubs and it rains for 3 days and you cant play, it doesn't make your clubs worth any less. They will fix it, they will make it right, and everyone will survive.

rsking
09-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Please make sure you all refer to this issue as the Labor Day LETDOWN!

more like LABOR DAY TURBINE FAILS TO UPDATE SERVERS

Link_omega
09-01-2013, 10:15 PM
one word sums all of this up BLOOOP!!!!

phyrephoenix
09-01-2013, 10:17 PM
I never get two days off from work. And now I have today and tomorrow off and the servers may be down until the 3rd? Thanks turbine, win yet again..

EnziteBob

You guys need to post this stuff on Google+ also a lot of use don't use the other two or are on google more.

riskyraines
I understand its not a ideal situation, but when things run 24/7 for years there tends to be surprise down times. All I was saying Is DDO is not a necessity. We will all survive a day of two without it if it comes to that. Some of our lives will actually be better, ie, we might stop to take a shower or talk to our families, maybe go outside. As for investments, well if you have $1000 worth of golf clubs and it rains for 3 days and you cant play, it doesn't make your clubs worth any less. They will fix it, they will make it right, and everyone will survive.

If someone wanted to golf while it was raining they can and they do. In fact the golf course is open even on Christmas and Thanksgiving so........BAD ANALOGY :)

balvix
09-01-2013, 10:18 PM

Please dont group me in the "we" sections of your post, i dont ***** often (refer to post count) but this time i put in my 2 cents in the closed topic before coming to this one. I for one hope people dont quit, we already have too much of the times where it seems dead in the game with not enough players on to do the quests people want to do. In my opinion its idiots like you that make the game more difficult and turn new players off of the game by deciding to blacklist new people or people who make simple mistakes in quests that you are in or running. Please add my name to your blacklist as i would happily avoid your groups. I prefer to group with people who are more easy going, and so what if someone wants to *****/speak their mind in a group? Have you ever been in a group of random people irl? does everyone always sit quiet and just do as you want?

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 10:19 PM

That's actually a brilliant assessment of the state of things. Well said.

DyrtNap
Don't know about anyone else but I am tired of all these problems.......thinking of all the money and time playing ddo...maybe its time to do something else with my money and life... Turbine needs to hurry and fix this **** or I give up...:(

I want to give you guys the gift of self enlightenment.

If you are so upset that you felt the needed to come on and leave a IQUIT!!1! and/or rage post please do the following:

Sit back and take a deep breath, look in the mirror and then read what you just posted to yourself. Let the words linger in your mind and then repeat it one more time out loud to fully achieve enlightenment. Now collect how you feel about what you just read and look to the handy result list below.

If you thought to yourself: "Wow I'm insane. I never realized how big of a social reject I sound like when I attack people for things that are not their own fault."

+5 for being able to comprehend what OUTSIDE PROBLEMS means. You are at least a moderately intelligent Chimp with only slightly subpar social skills.

How to improve: Just keep reading what you just typed aloud before hitting the "post" button. Be proud you're very close to breaking the curse of moron that internet anonymity casts.

If you thought to yourself: "See this is why they should let ME design games!"

-27.5 for being incapable of simple 2nd grade reading comprehension skills. You are at best a 3rd grade drop out with the emotional stability of a Meth addicted Tasmanian devil on a crack binge whose streetwalker girlfriend just left him to join a donkey show in Tijuana.

How to improve: Please Google the most painful suicide methods and pick the one that jumps out at you the most so you can stop being the reason gamers are looked at with such disdain in so many circles.

If you thought to yourself: "Oh wow!!! How did it take me this long to see it? The reason this game struggles in spite of having arguably the most varied class system out of any MMO to date is that the community is one of the worst available (especially considering the sample size) not to mention its chest deep in morons, emotional train wrecks and sociopaths."

+10000 for being ME or +9999 if you just a rare genius like me. You are an awesome giant sex machine of awesomosity and azzkickin sweetness.

How to improve: Not sure its possible but if anything maybe sleep with swimsuit models a little less so you can catch up on your cancer research so you can cure it by New Years. Wait... actually scratch that! On second thought just learn to multitask better so you can do both!!!

***BTW Sscorp I'm not trying to single you out you're just the largest and douchiest example I could find on this page.***

ergrape
Been awhile since I dusted off the XBOX....

Jedthered

no

doawithlife
09-01-2013, 10:20 PM
This was all I planned to do this weekend, have 5 more raid bypass timers saved up. Almost ready to TR.
Used one, started quest. Then restarted ddo to get sound. Stuck out of game and wasted 120k I spent on the timer.

A few long islands, a couple hours watching new shows and it doesn't bother me. Really not the end of the world.

Guindon
09-01-2013, 10:21 PM
If someone wanted to golf while it was raining they can and they do. In fact the golf course is open even on Christmas and Thanksgiving so........BAD ANALOGY :)

You get the point so the analogy is valid.

riskyraines

If you are so upset that you felt the needed to come on and leave a IQUIT!!1! and/or rage post please do the following:

Sit back and take a deep breath, look in the mirror and then read what you just posted to yourself. Let the words linger in your mind and then repeat it one more time out loud to fully achieve enlightenment. Now collect how you feel about what you just read and look to the handy result list below.

If you thought to yourself: "Wow I'm insane. I never realized how big of a social reject I sound like when I attack people for things that are not their own fault."

+5 for being able to comprehend what OUTSIDE PROBLEMS means. You are at least a moderately intelligent Chimp with only slightly subpar social skills.

How to improve: Just keep reading what you just typed aloud before hitting the "post" button. Be proud you're very close to breaking the curse of moron that internet anonymity casts.

-27.5 for being incapable of simple 2nd grade reading comprehension skills. You are at best a 3rd grade drop out with the emotional stability of a Meth addicted Tasmanian devil on a crack binge whose streetwalker girlfriend just left him to join a donkey show in Tijuana.

How to improve: Please Google the most painful suicide methods and pick the one that jumps out at you the most so you can stop being the reason gamers are looked at with such disdain in so many circles.

If you thought to yourself: "Oh wow!!! How did it take me this long to see it? The reason this game struggles in spite of having arguably the most varied class system out of any MMO to date is that the community is one of the worst available (especially considering the sample size) not to mention its chest deep in morons, emotional train wrecks and sociopaths."

+10000 for being ME or +9999 if you just a rare genius like me. You are an awesome giant sex machine of awesomosity and azzkickin sweetness.

How to improve: Not sure its possible but if anything maybe sleep with swimsuit models a little less so you can catch up on your cancer research so you can cure it by New Years. Wait... actually scratch that! On second thought just learn to multitask better so you can do both!!!

***BTW Sscorp I'm not trying to single you out you're just the largest and douchiest example I could find on this page.***

clearly someone with your toons intelligence of 8 can even see theat you are a Dbagalow Male bagalow :)

rsking
You guys need to post this stuff on Google+ also a lot of use don't use the other two or are on google more.

that and send a EMAIL..... some of us have our email open on our desktop so we get instant notification..... NOT THAT HARD..... REPLY ALL

Beeltrixe
09-01-2013, 10:22 PM
YOU guys whine a lot. There are people who work a lot harder than you that are on it. If you must know... I killed the launcher.

the skulls are mine!

Qhualor
http://imageshack.us/a/img139/3438/hamster3jm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/139/hamster3jm.jpg/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)

I drove down to Mass to see what was really taking so long and was amazed at what I saw. I took a picture and apparently the hamsters have waged war against Turbine. they are demanding better wheels before they go back to work. its pretty intense down there right now.

Link_omega
Disciples of Shadow splash screen of main page thinking player base those being held hostage in this situation :D curious who it is that is holding us hostage atm, but i digress 1000's of us vs that one dude we know who going to win ... ;)

Pickaxe at the ready!

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 10:26 PM
We interrupt your regularly scheduled ragefest to bring you this important message.

Books you could be reading right now while DDO is down: http://www.amazon.com/Cain-S-Latrani/e/B00ATCGXGE

Thank you. We now return to your regularly scheduled ragefest.

pnpsince83
09-01-2013, 10:26 PM
One last thing be careful when you decide to post an update to inform ppl here! I got a two point reprimand? (SAD) for posting what was posted to DDOs FB page earlier. Despite the fact I clearly stated when asked that it was posted from the official DDO FB page!! LMAO! Basically Turbine has done lost its mind. Those who run the forums apparently don't want their pitiful attempts at fixing the issues at hand dispersed to their players on their own forums. I don't know I love DDO. I am a life long D&D player and yet at this point after all the BS i seen tonight towards a PAYING CUSTOMER I'm begining to think my money and time may well be spent, and appreciated elsewhere. Guess I'll see what sort of compensation (yeah yeah yeah they don't owe anyone anything...blow it out your ass if you believe this) if any we recieve when finally able to log in on Monday. If it's not satisfactory to me I'm looking for a new mmo home!

tonowanda
09-01-2013, 10:28 PM
http://imageshack.us/a/img139/3438/hamster3jm.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/139/hamster3jm.jpg/)

I drove down to Mass to see what was really taking so long and was amazed at what I saw. I took a picture and apparently the hamsters have waged war against Turbine. they are demanding better wheels before they go back to work. its pretty intense down there right now.

looks like a scab prairie dog to me

Guindon
09-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I find it humorous that people keep referring to the money they have "invested" in this game. This is entertainment, not an investment. If you think its an investment you really need to re-look at the way you spend/make money. Is going to the movie and investment? How about a few laps with a go cart? Its a fun way to spend your time, and when you are done, all you will have are good/bad memories.

Eventually this game is going to go under, and I'm curious to know if you expect turbine to mail you your Red Scale armor, and the Treads of fallen snow that you "invested" time and money into obtaining. That would be awesome.... but im not going to hold my breath, lol.

wmdearmond
I am still haveing the issue were the launcher hangs at intstalling pre req.. here is a tracet to 74.201.102.13
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 74.201.102.13

Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 96.120.1.13
3 7 ms 9 ms 8 ms ge-2-1-sr01.gallup.nm.albuq.comcast.net [69.139.190.85]
4 10 ms 12 ms 13 ms te-5-4-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.182.109]
5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-0-0-12-cr01.denverqwest.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.5]
6 22 ms 19 ms 19 ms he-3-12-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.33]
7 35 ms 35 ms 36 ms 68.86.87.186
8 34 ms 33 ms 33 ms be-14-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.110]
9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 32 ms 33 ms 33 ms 0.xe-3-0-4.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.81]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 72 ms 72 ms 92 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
13 72 ms 74 ms 72 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
15 72 ms 73 ms 72 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.106
17 72 ms 73 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.166
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
i hope they get it fixed soon!

riskyraines
You get the point so the analogy is valid.

Your analogy Golf Clubs 1000$ worth Vs DDo $. The golf clubs aren't ever gone they are still in the garage for you to clean up and put the cozies on and at least look at. At no point is your investment taken from you. If someone borrowed your clubs without telling you...and you went to get them and they weren't there and you spent 1000$ on them. You would be concerned that you might have been robbed. This my friend is what you call a good analogy :)

qwert_yuiop
09-01-2013, 10:31 PM
:) on the bright side almost done downloading GW2 again. guess turbine / WB will not be getting my month sub fee anymore.

riskyraines
09-01-2013, 10:32 PM
I find it humorous that people keep referring to the money they have "invested" in this game. This is entertainment, not an investment. If you think its an investment you really need to re-look at the way you spend/make money. Is going to the movie and investment? How about a few laps with a go cart? Its a fun way to spend your time, and when you are done, all you will have are good/bad memories.

Eventually this game is going to go under, and I'm curious to know if you expect turbine to mail you your Red Scale armor, and the Treads of fallen snow that you "invested" time and money into obtaining. That would be awesome.... but im not going to hold my breath, lol.

the investing of money or capital for profitable returns.

Category: Business

a particular instance or mode of investing.

a thing invested in, as a business.

something that is invested; sum invested.

the act or fact of investing or state of being invested, as with a garment.

a devoting, using, or giving of time, talent, emotional energy, etc., as to achieve something.

any covering or outer layer, as of an animal or plant.

Category: Biology

the act of investing with a quality, attribute, etc.

investiture with an office, dignity, or right.

a siege or encirclement.

Category: Military

Archaic. a garment or vestment.

there ya go that's why we call it an investment...live it love it learn it :)

Vainomoinan
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
As we used to say in the nave, Chit Happens where computers are involved... and superior officers.

Take the time to talk with your family this weekend, or play with your dog... he probably misses you, lol.

Enjoy the weekend, guys.

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 10:33 PM
for all those sticking up for turbine, you make me sick :)

I'm with Iann, go play something else. If you don't like it, go away. No one wants to hear you whine. I love the game. I hate the downtime. Can't do anything about it, so waiting it out. You sir, deserve the best Blizzard Games has to offer you. GL in your future gaming experiences away from here. That is all.

XiaNYdE
09-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Well if this isn't the straw that broke the camel's back. I love this game but Turbine you are like the evil child that whilst i know i should love, i no longer can. A buglist that is longer than my mortgage, constant lag and dc's, the massive gear nerf that is U19 add to that i have seen politicians be more open to their community then turbine of late and now we cant even play at all and we are hearing (indirectly mind you, as you just don't give us any information that we don't already know), that we are down for 3 days. Well i for one am over paying for it, there is nothing left but frustration here, no i wont leave forever (but my $$ are gone forever) and no i wont be going to another MMO (don't like any others), but you have lost 3 subscriptions along with the ridiculous amount of money we spent on points.

pnpsince83
It seems to me Turbine and the DDO forums are in the same state as The Good Old USA today. There are those who will complain and stand up for what is right, and those who are completely happy to let Turbine (The US Government) go ahead and do as they please and defend every action along the way! Lol yea I know a far fetched analogy maybe but you get my point! To those of you who are OK with your money being thrown out the window and forgiving Turbine for YET ANOTHER DOWNTIME I have a suggestion. Simply send your monthly payments or DDO store purchase money to me and I'll simply tell you hey **** happens sorry you didnt get your stuff and your game don't work :)

pnpsince83
well if this isn't the straw that broke the camel's back. I love this game but turbine you are like the evil child that whilst i know i should love, i no longer can. A buglist that is longer than my mortgage, constant lag and dc's, the massive gear nerf that is u19 add to that i have seen politicians be more open to their community then turbine of late and now we cant even play at all and we are hearing (indirectly mind you, as you just don't give us any information that we don't already know), that we are down for 3 days. Well i for one am over paying for it, there is nothing left but frustration here, no i wont leave forever (but my $$ are gone forever) and no i wont be going to another mmo (don't like any others), but you have lost 3 subscriptions along with the ridiculous amount of money we spent on points.

amen!

Theboz
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Fraud for what? There is no fraud at all ..........None period. when you signed up for ddo you signed an agreement that states that they are not responsible for quality of play or amount of play basically(im drunk so I don't know the correct terminology, lol)

You don't pay the monthly fee for uptime.

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 10:35 PM

Where the heck do I get Treads of Fallen Snow?!? That sounds incredibly awesome for my elven rogue!!!

~ Drools! ~

Guindon
09-01-2013, 10:36 PM
Your analogy Golf Clubs 1000$ worth Vs DDo $. The golf clubs aren't ever gone they are still in the garage for you to clean up and put the cozies on and at least look at. At no point is your investment taken from you. If someone borrowed your clubs without telling you...and you went to get them and they weren't there and you spent 1000$ on them. You would be concerned that you might have been robbed. This my friend is what you call a good analogy :)

You understand, you are just too angry to agree. Maybe you should look at my post a few up above this one. Really both of our analogies are wrong, DDO is not an investment at all, its a game, and we all know its worth nothing when we quit/the game ends. Not sure what a better analogy would be, I'll have to think about it.

PS, I normally don't post much but I'll stick around cause i have nothing better to do, lol.

brickwall
09-01-2013, 10:36 PM
3 and a half hours with out ddo and counting I'm running out of distractions @_@.

pnpsince83
09-01-2013, 10:37 PM
I'm with Iann, go play something else. If you don't like it, go away. No one wants to hear you whine. I love the game. I hate the downtime. Can't do anything about it, so waiting it out. You sir, deserve the best Blizzard Games has to offer you. GL in your future gaming experiences away from here. That is all.

WoW sucks, and frankly if any of the ppl here deserve WoW it's those of you who are ok with losing two days of something you payed for......now if you don't pay I understand why youre not bothered, even more remember those of us who do pay are the reason you don't have to :)

ixtriumph
I just lessered my monk into a monkcher then i used adrenaline, many shot, and a slayer arrow, i hit the launcher for 8,494. Sorry guys it was unintentional and i hope they can fix that but then again i used pin soon after =[

Dalghryn
I suggest everyone that's whining about Turbine go play an NCSoft game for awhile... until they close it unceremoniously and leave you completely hanging. All MMOs have problems. It's the nature of the beast. Trust me, it could be a WHOLE lot worse.

Oxarhamar
Dungeons & Dragons Online

about a minute ago.

We continue to work with our vendors to resolve the current issues. To prevent further frustrations to players who were logging in only to be disconnected, we have disabled the ability to log into the game for the time being. You may also find that attempts to ping or trace route during this time may fail.

Cireeric
09-01-2013, 10:38 PM

Are they fighting to get rid of Hamster Wheels with ball bearings?

Floating magnetic bearings, almost no friction. Smoother operation ---> less down time.

GreyBlaze
09-01-2013, 10:38 PM
It seems to me Turbine and the DDO forums are in the same state as The Good Old USA today. There are those who will complain and stand up for what is right, and those who are completely happy to let Turbine (The US Government) go ahead and do as they please and defend every action along the way! Lol yea I know a far fetched analogy maybe but you get my point! To those of you who are OK with your money being thrown out the window and forgiving Turbine for YET ANOTHER DOWNTIME I have a suggestion. Simply send your monthly payments or DDO store purchase money to me and I'll simply tell you hey **** happens sorry you didnt get your stuff and your game don't work :)

FYI: The massive amount of money I am out over a three day outage is a staggering $1.50.

Read that again. $1.50. For 3 days.

Now, you may consider that a rage worthy amount of money, but I really don't. Not when gas is $3.50 a gallon, and bread is $2.50 a loaf.

In other words, I spend twice that all the time, for something that provides me a great deal less enjoyment. Calm down, get a grip, find some perspective, and deal with the mishaps of living in the internet age. Your rage is wildly out of proportion to the actual event.

Aspect_of_Wolf
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
My son in Ohio is having the same issue

He's not the only one in Ohio having this problem. No work tomorrow and planned to have a good gaming night, but I can flush that idea.

My2Cents
09-01-2013, 10:39 PM
Ooooo Nooooess!

An onoline video game has lost connectivity for a few hours. Heavens!

My power is still on.
My shelter is cooled.
I have good food in the fridge.
I have a fridge.
My health is stable.
I'm not in a war zone.
The weather is calm.
My internet and TV are even working (at the moment.)

I mean, what's the big emergency? It's a holiday, chill, have some wine, take a nap, spend time either with significant other or escaping from significant other (whichever suits your circumstance).

My only regret is I'm out of popcorn and this thread is looking better by the moment.

djl
09-01-2013, 10:40 PM
Turbine better get their **** straightened out soon -- this could be the perfect storm for a lot of players.

In the wake of the incredibly disappointing response to the Raid List issues, preventing people from playing for long will convince many people to just give up on DDO. The amount of bugs are already overwhelming, but many people stick around anyway because they don't want to walk away from the time they put in. But, everything together, may be enough of a push to drive people away.

Ainslieact

Wut u got agin Tassie Devils?

pnpsince83
FYI: The massive amount of money I am out over a three day outage is a staggering $1.50.

Now, you may consider that a rage worthy amount of money, but I really don't. Not when gas is $3.50 a gallon, and bread is $2.50 a loaf.

In other words, I spend twice that all the time, for something that provides me a great deal less enjoyment. Calm down, get a grip, find some perspective, and deal with the mishaps of living in the internet age. Your rage is wildly out of proportion to the actual event.

lol id hardly call it rage, but as ive said if youre ok with losing any of your money at all plz feel free to send it my way! a dollar. fifty cents whatever! I'll take whatever you don't care about

cchatmon0201
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=359na4NeaVA

Charononus
09-01-2013, 10:41 PM
My only regret is I'm out of popcorn and this thread is looking better by the moment.

My popcorn stand is now open 5as a bag
http://www.fridgeplus.com/nostalgia-electrics/popcorn-machines/CCP-510-xl.jpg

Theboz
09-01-2013, 10:41 PM
I am still haveing the issue were the launcher hangs at intstalling pre req.. here is a tracet to 74.201.102.13
Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6002]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32>tracert 74.201.102.13

Tracing route to 74.201.102.13 over a maximum of 30 hops

1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms 192.168.1.1
2 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms 96.120.1.13
3 7 ms 9 ms 8 ms ge-2-1-sr01.gallup.nm.albuq.comcast.net [69.139.190.85]
4 10 ms 12 ms 13 ms te-5-4-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.182.109]
5 31 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-0-0-12-cr01.denverqwest.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.91.5]
6 22 ms 19 ms 19 ms he-3-12-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.89.33]
7 35 ms 35 ms 36 ms 68.86.87.186
8 34 ms 33 ms 33 ms be-14-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.110]
9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 32 ms 33 ms 33 ms 0.xe-3-0-4.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.81]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 72 ms 72 ms 92 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
13 72 ms 74 ms 72 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
15 72 ms 73 ms 72 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.106
17 72 ms 73 ms 71 ms 74.201.102.166
18 * * * Request timed out.
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

C:\Windows\system32>
i hope they get it fixed soon!

Its not Turbine, if you mean by THEY.. Turbine also hope they get it fixed soon. Im pretty sure there sure there will be lawsuit soon if this keeps up from Turbine to whomever is at fault

mexico1910
09-01-2013, 10:42 PM
Dangit DDO...

I though we were going to have a nice romantic holiday weekend together, but I guess you had other plans.

smeggy1384
09-01-2013, 10:43 PM

Have a re-roll button in case we get a stale bag?

GreyBlaze
lol id hardly call it rage, but as ive said if youre ok with losing any of your money at all plz feel free to send it my way! a dollar. fifty cents whatever! I'll take whatever you don't care about

You aren't getting it. Probably because you don't want to.

In life, money is lost, all the time. I've lost way more than a $1.50 on things, including actual investments. This is pocket change, for pretty much everyone these days. It's hardly something worth getting worked up over, much less being a jerk on the forums to other players.

Calm down. Go read a book.

ixtriumph
Okay so we are all here bored waiting for ddo to be fixed and ready for us to log in. Lets think about this though, we are all posting rage comments but to be honest if they dont fix it in a few hours they arent going to fix it until after labor day. Just be patient and stop hating on the bad service turbine gives for ddo and possibly have another game you like to play so when these things happen you have something to do. We all know that even if you posted here your quitting ddo that your not because you miss the game already enough to come post here.

32bliss
09-01-2013, 10:44 PM
"I mean, what's the big emergency?

I am like a crack monkey without its treats..

Bahamut2119
One last thing be careful when you decide to post an update to inform ppl here! I got a two point reprimand? (SAD) for posting what was posted to DDOs FB page earlier. Despite the fact I clearly stated when asked that it was posted from the official DDO FB page!! LMAO! Basically Turbine has done lost its mind. Those who run the forums apparently don't want their pitiful attempts at fixing the issues at hand dispersed to their players on their own forums. I don't know I love DDO. I am a life long D&D player and yet at this point after all the BS i seen tonight towards a PAYING CUSTOMER I'm begining to think my money and time may well be spent, and appreciated elsewhere. Guess I'll see what sort of compensation (yeah yeah yeah they don't owe anyone anything...blow it out your ass if you believe this) if any we recieve when finally able to log in on Monday. If it's not satisfactory to me I'm looking for a new mmo home!

Just so you know man that guy who posted there doesn't work for turbine at all. Just do some reseach first odds are you got those for trolling even if you didn't do it intentionally.

ppsm09
WoW sucks, and frankly if any of the ppl here deserve WoW it's those of you who are ok with losing two days of something you payed for......now if you don't pay I understand why youre not bothered, even more remember those of us who do pay are the reason you don't have to :)

Again, as has been mentioned earlier in this thread, the last time this happened, Turbine - who had no reason to do this, and no responsibility to do this, according to the User Agreement WE clicked 'Accept' on - reimbursed those 3 days to our VIP accounts. F2P and Premiums did not lose anything. There will always be gaming days. There will always be days we cannot game, due to our own lives, or do to computers not being perfect. Complaining and attacking someone when they're down is a very childish thing. As I said before, if you don't like it, and it butt-hurts you spiritually so much, why don't you go try some other MMOs? There's plenty out there. Star Trek online, EverCrack (EverQuest), heck, even NeverWinter, which takes place in the Forgotten Realms (Dungeons & Dragons). Either way, I'm VIP, my wife is VIP, we love the game, and we support it. Even when we're upset we can't play. All you people who are attacking Turbine, you have to realize, whether you're VIP or F2P, Turbine makes their money off of this and other games. They want it working just as much as we do. They're going to have it fixed the moment it's possible. And also again, if you don't like it, please go find something else to play, that's more 'stable' and better suited to your wants and needs in life. Because this obviously is not it. Feel free to make room for players of higher quality personalities for my wife and I to play with. That is all.

mishraif
09-01-2013, 10:45 PM
If they don't reimburse now, they might not get reimbursed with a subscription later.
Could always get out and see the new Rid**** movie, shameless pug plug.

VONGOBLYN

OMG! i knew it... it's BOO the miniature giant space hamster!

Postumus

I want my TWO DOLLARS!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RB6wQxugJn4

Mikke

uploaded with imageshack.us (http://imageshack.us)

i drove down to mass to see what was really taking so long and was amazed at what i saw. I took a picture and apparently the hamsters have waged war against turbine. They are demanding better wheels before they go back to work. Its pretty intense down there right now.

lmao!!!

RotR
Ooooo Nooooess!

My only regret is I'm out of popcorn ...

I have the popcorn and the machine to make it....come on over! LOL

Phoenix-daBard
09-01-2013, 10:46 PM
It is a bad day on the internet all around. Especially if you want to connect to someone using Cogent: http://internethealthreport.com/

http://i.imgur.com/2MoGkdk.png

Singular
wish i drank or did drugs...might make this more tolerable somehow...oh well,next option is go to bed and hope this is fixed by morning

That's a pretty easy wish to solve. Go buy some alcohol.

:)

Phenomenon
:) on the bright side almost done downloading GW2 again. guess turbine / WB will not be getting my month sub fee anymore.

Why do you think you can't log into to Turbine either.

Dave_Rapp
http://www.fridgeplus.com/nostalgia-electrics/popcorn-machines/CCP-510-xl.jpg

Oh snap dude, is that the EE version? Good pull.

GreyBlaze

Epic.

Charononus
09-01-2013, 10:48 PM

Wait a minute Boo was good alignment, why is he attacking Turbine, Turbine must really be evil! Ack!!!

pnpsince83
09-01-2013, 10:48 PM
You aren't getting it. Probably because you don't want to.

In life, money is lost, all the time. I've lost way more than a $1.50 on things, including actual investments. This is pocket change, for pretty much everyone these days. It's hardly something worth getting worked up over, much less being a jerk on the forums to other players.

Calm down. Go read a book.

How in the world was I being the jerk? Now this may be borderline jerkish but only bc you simply couldn't admit being wrong. Let me try this again! You pointed out the price of gas and bread correct? So if those prices bother you I'd imagine any money lost or misplaced would be bothersome? Maybe youre uber rich I dunno. But plz feel free to send any you dont care about out there to those of us who do! I'm betting if you bought a gallon of gas and they skimped you out of a 1.50 worth youd be complaining. I dig you are saying one is more important than the other and sure youre prob right about that, but either way its lost hard earned money and defending that is insane! GRRRRRRRRR...there was my rage :P

iPuffinstuff
09-01-2013, 10:49 PM
Guild Wars 1...2 is just aweful, if anyone wants to do a fowsc give me a shout in game, Hidden Sin. Laters, and happy Labor Day!

tonowanda
09-01-2013, 10:50 PM
oh well,maybe tomorrow theyll have the bugs sorted out and the hamsters back to work,calling it a day

Theboz
09-01-2013, 10:51 PM
I have the popcorn and the machine to make it....come on over! LOL

will I have the Playboy station..... im staying put lol