PDA

View Full Version : 13th life caster Cleric. Looking for feedback and suggestions!

Kanuk
09-01-2013, 07:05 AM
So I am going to TR into my last life as a pure human Cleric but not sure on final setup and would love to get some suggestions. Also, other than leveling main from 18 to 20, i have not really played in last 2 months, so don’t know much about new feats. As background info, this will be 13th life with 3 past lives of Clr,Fvs,Wiz,Sorc. I used +3 tomes for all stats, except Int and Con that got a +4 tome bonus. All my ED are maxed out except 1 (Dreadnought ), with a +2 twist of fate tome. For play style, once i would cap next life, i plan to raid 25%-50% of the time and farm gear rest of the time (EE when possible, sometimes EH). As a divine, i view my role to heal/buff and assist the group (stuns with soundburst or blind with holy smite) as needed, however, i often short man quests and need/like to bring some offense to the party (implosion,BB).

Here’s what i am thinking for my stats (level up in wis):
Abilities 36pt 36pt(with epic tough feat)
Strength 10 10
Dexterity 8 8
Constitution 16 17
Intelligence 12 10
Wisdom 18 18
Charisma 12 10

Skills: would max out concentration, heal ,spellcraft, UMD, and balance/jump with extra pts from Int tome. If ever i go for epic toughness (big if), i would drop balance/jump and use skill pts from Int tome progression to boost UMD.

Enhancements: will max out Radiant Servant with Divine Disciple to tier 4,I will probably try (at one point) to max out tier 5 DD and play without aura. I am not too worried about enhancement as can swap as much as needed.

Feats: heroic feats are not in order
emp heal
Heighten
SF evocation
GSF evocation
Quicken
Maximize
PL wiz
**Toughness
21: epic SF evocation
24: greater wisdom
**26: not sure, open for suggestion
**27: ruin
**28: mass frog or forced escape (not happy that it’s sonic dmg...)

Is toughness still a must? It does give 30HP at lvl 28. I am thinking of taking Empower Spell or Enlarge instead, and maybe taking Toughness at lvl 26 instead of a epic destiny feat. Are any epic destiny feats consider a must? Ruin at level 27, does any kind of spell power work with it, force? Is it worth it? Can i take greater wisdom or epic spell focus a 2nd time? Any opinions on Epic toughness at level 27? Oh, and i don’t expect to take any spell pen feat, going to count on the +9 from PL.

That’s about it, any feedback (especially for feats!) is appreciated. Thanks in advance!

SirValentine
09-01-2013, 10:37 AM
**26: not sure, open for suggestion
**27: ruin
**28: mass frog or forced escape (not happy that it’s sonic dmg...)

Is toughness still a must? It does give 30HP at lvl 28. I am thinking of taking Empower Spell or Enlarge instead, and maybe taking Toughness at lvl 26 instead of a epic destiny feat. Are any epic destiny feats consider a must? Ruin at level 27, does any kind of spell power work with it, force? Is it worth it? Can i take greater wisdom or epic spell focus a 2nd time?

Toughness is not a must.

Empower or Enlarge are both reasonable.

I rather like Guardian Angel for a Wisdom build as your level 26 feat.

You definitely can take Great Wisdom a 2nd time, but you can't take Epic Spell Focus twice for the same school.

I have no experience with Ruin. Another Great Wisdom for me there.

zaphear
09-13-2013, 10:08 AM
Empower is almost essential.. Divine Disciple SLAs all let you use free metamagic feats. Empower/max/heightened/quickened Holy Smite and Flame Strike are amazing things.

soloist12
09-14-2013, 09:56 AM
I like Ruin - it hits for about 3k, crits 6k. Very nice burst spell and works well alongside energy burst. And yes, it's based on untyped spellpower and works with kinetic lore.