PDA

View Full Version : Any ETA on the fix for shinto monks light based attacks

Josephc69
08-28-2013, 02:39 PM
Any word yet when the other 5 or so light attacks we shinto monks get though enchancments will once again let us use the Healing finisher?

RadioactivePiranha
08-28-2013, 02:42 PM
The word is that this is working as intended now. These moves are now available to dark side monks, and I think the devs only want both light and dark finishers available to those who go tier 5 Henshin Mystic.

Josephc69
08-29-2013, 10:31 AM
The word is that this is working as intended now. These moves are now available to dark side monks, and I think the devs only want both light and dark finishers available to those who go tier 5 Henshin Mystic.

I said nothing about dark attacks.. prepatch and since start of game almost light based monks could use
Healing curse attack x3 for aoe healing.. ALSO
Smite taintedx3 for aoe healing
Jadetomb
dismissing strike
The Char long range based stun. All these attacks x3 you could aoe heal.. or any combo of them.. Could healing curse smite lower fort from Jadestrike Then Use the Heal FInisher.
Now the fluidity of the game play has gone down Since having to wait for 3x Healing curse to use the heal.

So really not sure what it has to do with dark attacks and henshin monk.. Since all these attacks are still in the shinto tree and light based.

RadioactivePiranha
08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
I know how the attacks worked in the past, that you could do the light finisher with jade strike, kukan-do, etc. This can not be done anymore, and the devs have said this is working as intended. The reasoning they gave for this is that monks that take the dark path feat and level 3 can still take shintao enhancements, specifically those enhancements you mentioned. They don't want those monks to have access to the light finishers.

Brother_Solar
08-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Here's the developer's quote, to back up what RadioactivePiranha is relaying.

It's launching as-is with the release of Shadowfell Conspiracy.
Here's why:

The reason that the Shintao strikes are no longer Light moves is because you are no longer required to be a Light monk (Path of Harmonious Balance) to obtain them.
In order to make the Shintao strikes into light moves, we'd need to restrict them to Light monks only, which we're currently unwilling to do- we feel making the Shintao Monk tree more restrictive would be a poor design.

We may change these strikes in a future patch or update if we have a better solution that would not require restricting access to these enhancements, but it won't be happening with Update 19.

Which does indeed suck for light monks, now having only one way to create the light-light-light finisher. It was like that in the beginning too though, before Shintao came along. The devs giveth, and the devs taketh away. :-/

Duke-H-
08-29-2013, 07:04 PM
So instead of making the finisher light-only they removed the light-status from all the moves?

Brilliant.

seebs
08-31-2013, 11:41 PM
So instead of making the finisher light-only they removed the light-status from all the moves?

Brilliant.

That sort of makes sense, because the "Finishing Moves" generic you can put on your button bar doesn't know anything about class restrictions, just patterns of attacks you've used.

jjflanigan
09-01-2013, 09:34 AM
That sort of makes sense, because the "Finishing Moves" generic you can put on your button bar doesn't know anything about class restrictions, just patterns of attacks you've used.

I think they should change the Light / Dark path into a stance, that way they could easily restrict the finishers to people in the correct stance as needed, and also allow the shintao attacks to properly count as light based attacks

-JJ

Mosasi
09-03-2013, 08:03 AM
It is kind of messed up that ninja spy has a line of abilities which are linked to their path which light monks cannot access, but the inverse of that is not true. It was always a choice of which to pick, light or dark, and now it seems as though a dark monk can get all the fancy stuff from that choice plus all the fancy stuff that was once exclusive to shintao monks.

Does that seem balanced to anyone?

Daitengu
09-03-2013, 08:31 AM
On the other hand dark monks cant acces part of the ninja spy tree too because its not working with (most) wraps.

Mosasi
09-03-2013, 08:54 AM
On the other hand dark monks cant acces part of the ninja spy tree too because its not working with (most) wraps.

I'd file that under "broken too". Not "balanced" though.

gee-dragon776
09-03-2013, 10:17 AM
Yeah! working as intended. I say BS.

Light vs. Dark there is a difference. Even if they both have the same basic attack. It should still have the same effect to power another special attack, its not like its game breaking. look at the way they changed the stances, now there is just one general stance, but there are still 4 different levels of power for the damage from the attacks.

BS BS BS BS

Put things back.

Devs need to chime in on this.