PDA

View Full Version : Arcanotechnicians Repair Systems rank 2/3. Bugged?

ZexionII
08-28-2013, 05:46 AM
Seems the repairs I, as a WF artificer, am supposed to get every 6 seconds barely come once a minute.

EssenceofEvil
08-28-2013, 08:22 AM
Well that's disappointing. I hope someone has an answer to that. I was planning on that when I tr into a warforged artificer and totally take advantage of it.

Steelstar
08-28-2013, 08:45 AM
Read by a dev!

Looks like the Repair Aura in ranks 2 and 3 may only be working while both the dog and the player being repaired are outside of combat, and the tooltip doesn't reflect that.

Krelar
08-28-2013, 09:12 AM
Read by a dev!

Looks like the Repair Aura in ranks 2 and 3 may only be working while both the dog and the player being repaired are outside of combat, and the tooltip doesn't reflect that.

Does that mean it's WAI and the tool tip needs updating? Because something that only works outside of combat is not going to see a lot of use.

oradafu
08-28-2013, 11:59 AM
Read by a dev!

If that's WAI, then it's only really useful for solo players who can go their own pace in quests. The only other time it'd be useful is when quests are aborted or exiting wilderness areas when shrines aren't accessible.

Varinox
08-28-2013, 02:53 PM
Read by a dev!

Rank 3 doesn't repair my Arti out of combat either, never seen it actually repair my Artificer Warforged.

droid327
08-28-2013, 02:57 PM
Read by a dev!

How does "outside of combat" work? Does that mean both you and your dog have zero hate on any monster's hate list? AFAIK monsters in most dungeons dont "break combat" if you go too far away like they do in Challenges, they stay aggro on you till you or they die...

I can imagine a lot of situations where a monster might "see" you even if you cant get to him. Or, say, ranged monsters on high perches for main-melee builds, where its easier to just skip them and move ahead with the quest. Lots of ways to keep a monster "in combat" with you or your dog, with no easy way to resolve that combat, thus keeping one of you locked "in combat" and preventing auto-repairs.

If the skill requires you to clear every monster - and hope there's no bugs, aggro-through-locked-door kind of situation - then its even less useful.

smeggy1384
09-01-2013, 12:58 PM
Read by a dev!

I've seen the rank 2 and 3 repairing my arti dog while it is in combat. Well actually both of my artis dogs.. one human the other halfling, neither has construct essence, so perhaps a warforged or that feat causes a bug in it. For my artis the auto repair is doing a decent job of topping them off in heroic content, though i do have to toss repairs on bosses.