PDA

View Full Version : What am I doing wrong

zorander6
08-26-2013, 08:23 AM
So with the update I had to reset my enhancements, that's no big deal. I took the Phoenix tree so that I could remove curse and diseases (my primary choices) but it does not seem to work when I have gotten mummy rot. I understand they screwed it up and made it so that you have to use fists of light at the same time however flipping between the two does not seem to remove the curse and or the disease. I tried mixing pots in as well. I can still use pots to remove the curse and the disease but it seems like I'm doing something wrong.

Hints? I really enjoy running monks now but seriously am a bit annoyed I can't remove curses. If I'm wasting points in those abilities I'll reset and go a different route.

I do find having to flip between the settings rather annoying. I liked being able to just directly use the abilities but I guess they felt it was "OVERPOWERED OMG" so they had to change it. So what am I doing wrong?

Dopey_Power
08-26-2013, 09:21 AM
So with the update I had to reset my enhancements, that's no big deal. I took the Phoenix tree so that I could remove curse and diseases (my primary choices) but it does not seem to work when I have gotten mummy rot. I understand they screwed it up and made it so that you have to use fists of light at the same time

Forgive me if I misunderstand, but the way I read that says to me you activate remove curse, and then use fists of light expecting the curse on you to disappear, correct?

If this assumption is correct, the solution is a simple one. Select remove curse. Use fists of light three times in a row without doing anything that breaks a combo (climbing ladders, ledges, opening chests, etc.) then use your monk combo button. When the light-light-light combo goes off to heal yourself and everyone near you, all of you should receive a remove curse as well.

If that isn't the problem, no idea. Works for me.

GLHF.

HastyPudding
08-26-2013, 10:34 AM
Yeah, the added effects (like remove curse) affect your healing ki finisher, not fists of light. You have to use the light-light-light combo.

I also don't think you can remove mummy rot using this method, due to time restrictions. I believe there's only a short window that you can use remove curse/disease to cure it, and having to wait for the cooldown of fists of light and then the finishers might take too long.

zorander6
09-15-2013, 10:56 AM
Yeah, the added effects (like remove curse) affect your healing ki finisher, not fists of light. You have to use the light-light-light combo.

I also don't think you can remove mummy rot using this method, due to time restrictions. I believe there's only a short window that you can use remove curse/disease to cure it, and having to wait for the cooldown of fists of light and then the finishers might take too long.

I did some testing and you can remove mummy rot with the method if you are fast. You have to fire off the remove curse with the finisher (what I was missing) and then while the cooldown is running flip to remove disease. It will work but very time sensitive.