PDA

View Full Version : Caster any flaws ?

Kza
08-25-2013, 03:09 PM
Just trd My completionist toon to try play a druid at endgame.

Str 8 con 14 int 14 wis 18 dex 14 cha 10

Feats empower emp heal 3 compl 6 mt 9 arcane initia 12 max 15 imt 18 quick 21 epic mt 24 sf evo 27 great sf evo

All slas taken and most of points in season tree

Do any see some grave errors or have better ideas of last feat? I think maybe enlarge or sorc mt?

Plz post some suggestions and improvements!

richieelias27
08-25-2013, 07:49 PM
Just trd My completionist toon to try play a druid at endgame.

Str 8 con 14 int 14 wis 18 dex 14 cha 10

Feats empower emp heal 3 compl 6 mt 9 arcane initia 12 max 15 imt 18 quick 21 epic mt 24 sf evo 27 great sf evo

All slas taken and most of points in season tree

Do any see some grave errors or have better ideas of last feat? I think maybe enlarge or sorc mt?

Plz post some suggestions and improvements!

Why so much intelligence? Druids already get quite a few skill points to spend. Also now that lightning bolt, word of balance, and Sun Burst are SLA's, it might be worth it to revisit heighten.

Atremus
08-26-2013, 09:16 AM
I would suggest Enlarge. You can enlarge Word of Balance and all of the other SLA's. Very, very fun casting WoB and the Lesser Creeping cold from a far.

I leave Enlarge set to Standard on all non-SLA spells and toggle as needed. Long range Healing makes raids so much easier.

Kza
08-26-2013, 03:34 PM
Thanks for input!
This high int is for spellcraft and some skills. Not needed i know bit i like that.

Argh! I want both enlarge and heighten. One evo focus i can skip, but then? Lovely that so many feats so good!! You cant get em all. Maybe i skip all 3 mt feats, but as cap get higher i like em more and more and now also some crit.

Or just heighten for great evo focus.

Another idea is get enl heighten and epic evo and skip all 3 mt feats. I have 3 sorc past so can Max evo dc. Could be fun also?

SerPounce
08-26-2013, 03:49 PM
Thanks for input!

Another idea is get enl heighten and epic evo and skip all 3 mt feats. I have 3 sorc past so can Max evo dc. Could be fun also?

It's a matter of taste, but that's what I would do. SP is nice, but having your spells work consistently is better. Maybe you'll miss it when you're healboting, but who wants to build for that?

Kza
08-27-2013, 12:25 PM
It's a matter of taste, but that's what I would do. SP is nice, but having your spells work consistently is better. Maybe you'll miss it when you're healboting, but who wants to build for that?

True, going that route. With all slas and so i think Will be good. And using pots is ok if i heal some garder raids or so anyway for me.

unbongwah
08-27-2013, 03:44 PM
I would drop the Mental Toughnesses; I am presuming (perhaps erroneously) that if you're on the Completionist TR Train, you've already got your Con Opp GS item, Raiyum Torc, and/or a ton of SP pots. And with the new SLAs, you shouldn't run out of SPs quite so quickly (knock on wood).

EDIT: even though it's kinda boring, you might want to plan on ESF:Evo and Great WIS x2 as your epic feats.

Kza
08-28-2013, 04:38 PM
I would drop the Mental Toughnesses; I am presuming (perhaps erroneously) that if you're on the Completionist TR Train, you've already got your Con Opp GS item, Raiyum Torc, and/or a ton of SP pots. And with the new SLAs, you shouldn't run out of SPs quite so quickly (knock on wood).

EDIT: even though it's kinda boring, you might want to plan on ESF:Evo and Great WIS x2 as your epic feats.

Yes its true, all that eq is covered and pots i have more than enough of. Its more of a personal satisfaction to do quests not using em. And yes, you are right on wis feats and wis ed etc. I Will go more or less all in on evo dc at start and see if good and fun. Extremely low playtime so only lvl 5 but i think i Will have a very fun time as caster druid thanks to the slas mainly! I love the game right now, so many options and many many ways making strong toons :)

Atremus
08-28-2013, 05:32 PM
I haven't tried the new content on EE, does anyone have an idea of the DC needed for Earthquake to be almost no-fail?

My Druid (18/2monk)

Human

Enlarge
Emp Heal
Emp
Max
Quicken
Wiz PL
Toughness - monk
Dodge - monk
Mental
Imp mental
Epic Mental
SF Evo
Ed1 - Cold power
Ruin
Ed2 - mass frog (going to swap but wanted to test)

Kza
08-31-2013, 06:51 PM
Lvl 18 now. (Stoned want to hit endgame). And have played some with the slas , its great fun! Heroic elite you crush solo so right now the toon feels great. My biggest problem is it is too few things to take in druid caster tree, so i have invested some in human tree also.

Maybe i have atlast found the class to play some time :)

Kza
09-08-2013, 03:27 PM
23 now, strange playtime so only solo.
The slas are strong!! En is totally cake, eh fun and a challenge. I have not so god eq as druid and i wont Hunt it beg├ątt 28.

I have a fun time! But i i Will be able to heal groups in ee hmm that Will be interesting :)

Atremus
09-10-2013, 10:24 AM
Glad you are liking Druid. It is a fun class. The SLA's really help with mana consumption.

Healing on a Druid is fun... Just heal ahead of time or right as the fight starts. Don't wait to restore a large amount of HP.

mjrisley
10-09-2013, 04:04 PM
Lvl 18 now. (Stoned want to hit endgame). And have played some with the slas , its great fun! Heroic elite you crush solo so right now the toon feels great. My biggest problem is it is too few things to take in druid caster tree, so i have invested some in human tree also.

Maybe i have atlast found the class to play some time :)

I am lvl 15 at the moment and seeing the same thing on the lack of interesting enhancements. I was considering taking a couple lvls of either wizard for arcane enhancement line access or FVS for AOV line...... any thoughts?