PDA

View Full Version : What two feats are you adding to your shiradi AM?

cdr
08-25-2013, 10:45 AM
With Evo Focus/Greater Evo Focus no longer prereqs, archmages get two more feats.

My current heroic feats on 18w/2m:
Toughness
Dodge
Insightful Reflexes
Maximize
Empower
Quicken
Extend
Enlarge
PL Sorc
Mental Toughness
Improved Mental

Options:

Toughness - 30 HP is never the worst
Deflect Arrows - archers are starting to hit pretty hard in EE, but better than a Toughness?
* of Forms - one feat = +1 saves/+1 dodge, two feats = +2 saves/+2 dodge/+1 wis. I'm already capped at 28 dodge though w/Unearthly Reactions twisted.
PL Wiz - I never liked it. +1 DC does basically nothing, and 10 uses disappear super fast.
Heighten Spell - pretty poor, none of the good SLAs have saves, rarely cast anything not a SLA and very few spells at all would be helped in EE by it

What are you doing?

mikarddo
08-25-2013, 01:02 PM
I am going with Adapt of Forms and Wiz PL. If not I would probably just take extra toughness. Obviously Completionist would be superb but I dont have that.

Wrt Wiz PL. Consider that MM spell is 4 SP and each click is 10 missiles rather than 5 which can freely be metaed. Thus thats worth atleast 80 sp and likely a good deal more due to the freee metaing. Compared to 105 sp from Sorc PL and it suddenly doesnt look so bad even if you disregard the +1 DC which does have some use on meteor swarms. Thus I think Wiz PL does have merit.

cdr
08-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Minor nitpick: Sorc PL is 145 sp at level 28.

mikarddo
08-25-2013, 04:09 PM
Minor nitpick: Sorc PL is 145 sp at level 28.

Very true. I had forgotten that scaled past 20.