PDA

View Full Version : Make Elite loot worth the misery

Mamba_Lev
08-25-2013, 04:01 AM
In a few cases there is no benefit of getting the elite version and in most cases you gain so little over the hard version that it's not worth it. The only thing elite about the quests is how hard they are the loot, the XP and the rewards are a joke considering the effort.

Of course this doesn't apply to well organized guilds that will have an easier time of it but that is the way of things.

The level that describes ELite needs to be changed too, rather than 1 level above hard it needs to be 10 levels or something that makes it obvious it's not just a new difficulty level to new players as i thought it was until i had been playing a while.

Charononus
08-26-2013, 01:10 PM
Elite is worth it not just for the loot but not to sleep in the quests.

danotmano1998
08-26-2013, 05:51 PM
I don't think the items need to be better.

The xp gained from Elite isn't a whole lot more if you just look at the base values, but when you are on a bravery streak it makes a very large difference.

Different people enjoy different types of challenges. Some will farm just for that +1 better item than what drops on hard. Some will do it just to test themselves on the hardest difficulty possible. Some will run it because they find the other difficulties to be too easy.

If you aren't finding Elite difficulty to be much fun as your post title would indicate, drop down to hard and see if that works for you.

Mamba_Lev
10-02-2013, 07:00 AM
I have tried most quests on all difficulties and even elite with a good group is fun but the exponential growth in hitpoints and time taken to run them do not scale with the amount of XP or loot. Loot should be orders of magnitude better not +1 and the XP needs half as much again. Something special something worthwhile so you actually feel rewarded for your efforts.

Kmnh
10-02-2013, 07:12 AM
I don't mind the small differences on the named loot, but I would like to have elite chests closer to the top of the random loot tables. People playing epic elite quests usually spent a lot in the game already, forcing them to use chest blessers and loot gems to get to the good stuff is not fair.