PDA

View Full Version : My new melee build going home to use my +20 LR

lucid8
08-24-2013, 09:41 PM
12 Ranger / 5 Fighter / 3 MONK
Race: Warforged (would have gone a dex race but he is already WF and I don’t feel like reincarnating him again. I don’t feel that I will be losing that much though since I’ll gain a little damage and fort with WF enhancements.)
Pastlives: 3ranger, 1 fighter, 1 artificer, 1 Paladin
Name: Woodforged

Base Attributes
09 STR
18 DEX
18 CON
09 INT
13 WIS
06 CHA

All 7 level ups go into DEX and have all +5 Tomes

Ending Base Attributes

14 STR
30 DEX
23 CON
14 INT
18 WIS
11 CHA

Chosen Feats
Fighter Bonus Feats x3: Weapon Prof Kopesh, WF Slashing, WS Slashing.
Monk Bonus Feats x3: Power Attack, Lightning Reflexes, Fists of Darkness
Regular Feats x7: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, IC Slashing, TWD, Toughness x2
Epic Feats x3 Epic toughness, the lvl 27 reflex save one, and probably just another toughness?
Reasons for lvl splits:
3 Monk for Ninja Spy Dex to hit and damage with slashing weapons while centered.
5 Fighter for min to have centered Kopesh and +1 crit band.
12 Ranger to get 100% off hand strikes.

Haven’t recorded my enhancements yet but will update them later, just wanted to get some feedback on this. I will for sure be taking two of the kensei top tier ones for centered and crit though.

Gear isn’t important to me as you can make it work however you want once you have a character chassis.

Please feel free to submit feedback.

noinfo
08-24-2013, 10:16 PM
Race: Warforged (would have gone a dex race but he is already WF and I don’t feel like reincarnating him again. I don’t feel that I will be losing that much though since I’ll gain a little damage and fort with WF enhancements.)

Base Attributes
09 STR
18 DEX
18 CON
09 INT
13 WIS
06 CHA

Ending Base Attributes

14 STR
30 DEX
23 CON
14 INT
18 WIS
11 CHA

Chosen Feats
Regular Feats x7: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, IC Slashing, TWD, Toughness x2
Epic Feats x3 Epic toughness, the lvl 27 reflex save one, and probably just another toughness?
Reasons for lvl splits:
3 Monk for Ninja Spy Dex to hit and damage with slashing weapons while centered.

Haven’t recorded my enhancements yet but will update them later, just wanted to get some feedback on this. I will for sure be taking two of the kensei top tier ones for centered and crit though.

Gear isn’t important to me as you can make it work however you want once you have a character chassis.

Just don't expect to be centered with only 5 levels of fighter or to be able to hit the tier 5 kensai level

noinfo
08-24-2013, 10:22 PM

Base Attributes
09 STR
18 DEX
18 CON
09 INT
13 WIS
06 CHA

Ending Base Attributes

14 STR
30 DEX
23 CON
14 INT
18 WIS
11 CHA

Chosen Feats
Reasons for lvl splits:

Sorry will expand a bit further before you get caught out like I did.

The interface is not as intuitive as you expect. The kensai tree in particular. To get the level 4 kensai pre req you NEED to have a level 8 fighter for greater weapon focus. This will break your build as it did mine. No Tier 4, means no Tier 5 and centered weapons.

Hope I caught you before you started.

lucid8
08-24-2013, 11:20 PM

The interface is not as intuitive as you expect. The kensai tree in particular. To get the level 4 kensai pre req you NEED to have a level 8 fighter for greater weapon focus. This will break your build as it did mine. No Tier 4, means no Tier 5 and centered weapons.

Thanks for the warning I'll have to go back to the drawing board I guess :(

korsat
08-28-2013, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the warning I'll have to go back to the drawing board I guess :(

yeah the problem is on the kensei tree... what about kensei 12/ranger6? you dont loose feats

+1 for the name btw ;)

goodspeed
08-28-2013, 06:56 PM

Ya I caught that before I did it to with keen edge. Looking through the feats I found greater weapon focus (required in the 3rd weapon specialization kensei tree) requires a lv 8 fighter to take.

honkuimushi
08-28-2013, 07:28 PM
Also, you dump Str, but take khopesh. I don't think khopeshes can be made finesseable. With 12 levels of Ranger, scimitars are an option, but you'll have to choose between Dex and khopeshes.