PDA

View Full Version : Did I waste a feat ?

AStormbringer
08-22-2013, 11:32 PM
Just LR'd my lvl 19, Human Monk. Somewhere around lvl 4, or close to it, I had to choose 2 feats, one standard and one "class." The only available "class" (yellow) feats were the Path attack (Light/Dark) choices. Nothing else. Didn't really want one of those. Is one of those mandatory or did I choose too many "class" selections at earlier levels and leave myself with no other options ?

Hoping I didn't waste a LR...

Gadget2775
08-22-2013, 11:53 PM
Mandatory feat selection.

Soulfurnace
08-23-2013, 01:52 AM
Third monk level gives a Philosophy Feat: In short, you pick between two kinds of attacks, light and dark. (violence is your philosophy, because monks are awesome.)

No other options, mandatory feat. Not that important now, because you can use both shintao and Ninja Spy trees.

Daitengu
08-23-2013, 03:14 AM
Not as important as it once was but it still determines what finishers are available to you.

HastyPudding
08-23-2013, 12:08 PM
I think the path choice is just as significant as before. Shintao has some abilities that require you to be a light monk and I believe Ninja has some abilities that require you to be a dark monk. If you're Henshin, one of your tier 5 abilities is chosen as the opposite of your selected path.

But, in general, light path is more supportive and dark path is more offensive, but don't discount the light path because it's healing-specced: properly built with good healing amplification and a devotion item, a Shintao can proc some impressive numbers with healing ki.