PDA

View Full Version : Scheduled Server Downtime: 2:00 PM - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) Thursday, August 22nd

Cordovan
08-22-2013, 11:40 AM
UPDATED 4:30 PM EASTERN: The worlds have reopened. Enjoy!

The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.

Kaytis
08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Wednesday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This hotfix is necessary in order to resolve the issues preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client launcher.

I'm going to assume you meant Thursday. Just one of those weeks isn't it? :-)

Phoenix-daBard
08-22-2013, 11:46 AM
Correction: Today is Thursday. :)

Gratch
08-22-2013, 11:49 AM
Couldn't just patch the Mac client and leave everyone else up?

Cordovan
08-22-2013, 11:51 AM

Ummm.....yeah. *shifty eyes*

Time to bring back the....

*Amnesia dust to the face*

Man, that's been sitting in Tolero's desk drawer for some time...hope it's not expired...

Cordovan
08-22-2013, 11:52 AM
Couldn't just patch the Mac client and leave everyone else up?

No, unfortunately.

kataries
08-22-2013, 11:52 AM

so dose this mean your going too fix this or am I going too have too have my credit card demand my money back from turbine now its not my internet or my pc and ur game launcher wants too keep trying too install things I have already like the c++ 2005 pack I get on enough too play for ten mins logged out now cant get back on its been like this since the 19th now I don't need more junk installed when I have all the patches seems my dc univers requires it as well witch I get on their just fine

Kaytis
08-22-2013, 12:05 PM
By the way, thank you for the incredibly fast turn on the fix. I am sure that there are some people holding their collective breathes over there. Fixing, testing and deploying in just over 24 hours shows some major comittment to the platform. It is much appreciated. I hope it goes well!

Gratch
08-22-2013, 12:28 PM
Might want to kick those hamsters early. On Ghallanda haven't seen any WORLD BROADCAST: MIDDLE OF THE DAY DOWNTIME HITTING YOU IN THE FACE IN 30 MINS. Earlier announcements are probably more appreciated by the player base.

Edit: Just saw it with 20mins to downtime.

Megahurtz
08-22-2013, 12:42 PM
How about fixing the lack of confirmation on the reroll loot for shards bug while you're at it. That's probably caused more angst than the Mac client not working (he says, having just accidentally clicked it for a waste of 9 shards) and I can't imagine a fix would take more than 10 minutes to code up.

DunkleNymphe
08-22-2013, 12:45 PM
so dose this mean your going too fix this or am I going too have too have my credit card demand my money back from turbine now its not my internet or my pc and ur game launcher wants too keep trying too install things I have already like the c++ 2005 pack I get on enough too play for ten mins logged out now cant get back on its been like this since the 19th now I don't need more junk installed when I have all the patches seems my dc univers requires it as well witch I get on their just fine

Be happy that Turbine so quick to fix things, instead of complaining.
And if you DO complain, coherent sentences may actually help... I suppose.

HernandoCortez
08-22-2013, 12:45 PM
Might want to kick those hamsters early. On Ghallanda haven't seen any WORLD BROADCAST: MIDDLE OF THE DAY DOWNTIME HITTING YOU IN THE FACE IN 30 MINS. Earlier announcements are probably more appreciated by the player base.

Indeed. That just sucks.

onivedlav
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm very happy with how this problem was addressed. To be honest I didn't expect you to bring the game down only to fix this issue.
Maybe the Mac comunity isn't as small as I tough, or maybe you are doing the right thing, and treating us all the same. I'll believe the second option. Ty for addressing it so quickly!

(Please pretty please, fix the floating damage numbers.... :) )

Pantronic
08-22-2013, 12:51 PM
How about saving up some fixes instead of having 3+ hours downtime every day?

gandalf465
08-22-2013, 12:52 PM
The DDO Game Servers will be brought down on Thursday, August 22nd from 2:00 - 5:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT) for a hotfix. Thanks for your patience, and we'll see you back in the game soon! This downtime is being done to address an issue that is preventing players from logging into the game using the Mac client.

Cordovan: Try your best if it doesn't work at least you gave it a good faith effort. Wow an honest company.
Guys this might not work but this is a good faith effort. Imagine how many window users are going to be ****ed over this. All for us. I feel appreciated. This is the way you grow a business. Now take it out of Beta. You will get more Mac users. Mac finally has a really good system. A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.

Thank you :-).

BendoreDove
08-22-2013, 12:52 PM
How about fixing the disconnect on login issue you reintroduced with the expansion? Maybe not build new content on bad versions you have fixed in the interim? So that you wont have to apply the old fix again and again.

Aishana
08-22-2013, 12:53 PM

This... Seriously, guys. Taking the server down for three hours in the middle of the day and only giving us 20 minutes' warning? Not cool.

gandalf465
08-22-2013, 01:00 PM
This... Seriously, guys. Taking the server down for three hours in the middle of the day and only giving us 20 minutes' warning? Not cool.

Stop grumbling over there. This is a community that supports each other. Look at it like this 3 hours down and the right thing is done. This is the better way. If it was windows issues and it usually is...well there are always windows issues I would be cool with it. Next time this software breaks down I guarantee it's a windows issues. At least with mac you know the issues are not the mac operating system. All my time working on the imac I had to cause it to shut down once. Windows countless times. Heheheheh doh!

Lalinia
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM

You should calm down. This is an emergency fix necessitating downtime to address. There are many users who have been stuck offline for 2 days.

moomooprincess
08-22-2013, 01:01 PM
The plethora of downtimes. Obviously, there are no mac client running on Lammania or else someone slipped something in at the end. I know what I would do.

C'est le vie.

Time for chores.

AzB
08-22-2013, 01:02 PM
I'm very happy with how this problem was addressed. To be honest I didn't expect you to bring the game down only to fix this issue.
Maybe the Mac comunity isn't as small as I tough, or maybe you are doing the right thing, and treating us all the same. I'll believe the second option. Ty for addressing it so quickly!

So you're the one!

<insert standard incomprehensible nerdrage here> and furthermore, that means my completionist project will be 3 hours behind, and on top of that, I now have to do chores. CHORES!

Bloody Mac user.

Delacroix21
08-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Can you at least bring Lammania back up for more build testing etc.?

Kyshara
08-22-2013, 01:05 PM
Hey man, look, Turbine successfully brought u19 to us in 3 hours on Monday \o/
Yeah, and that means for 1 week every single day we are going to have 3 hours maintenance. =/

Two 3 hours maintenance in 2 days, I hope we get some xp bonus because what if we get another 3-hours maintenance tomorrow?

Sigh .-.

gtjohnson
08-22-2013, 01:06 PM
Best hot fix for mac get a real OS

Aaxeyu
His point is that they gave us 20 mins warnning.

If they had broadcast a message an hour ago, then every 15 mins, that would be fine, but for us who aren't sat on the forums every minute, it's kinda taking the **** a bit.

HernandoCortez
Hey man, look, Turbine successfully brought u19 to us in 3 hours on Monday \o/
Yeah, and that means for 1 week every single day we are going to have 3 hours maintenance. =/

Two 3 hours maintenance in 2 days, I hope we get some xp bonus because what if we get another 3-hours maintenance tomorrow?

Sigh .-.

/signed

Nimulos
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM
How about fixing the disconnect on login issue you reintroduced with the expansion? Maybe not build new content on bad versions you have fixed in the interim? So that you wont have to apply the old fix again and again.

If you mean the problem with disconnecting on first login, you could as well search the forums.
For your convenience I have dug this out from my history, it should help with the issue of DC on first login.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420738-How-to-make-the-game-loading-faster-DDOPreload-official

Grynberg
08-22-2013, 01:08 PM
Well there goes my evening of DDO.

I am working in the QA field in IT and I know things can go wrong and it's marvelous that you fix them so fast.
What I don't understand is that these major bugs (like not being able to connect!) do not come out in regression testing. It's a major gamestopper and how on earth are you releasing a client before even doublechecking if you can get past the login screen.

Yes I am a bit ****y that I have no thing to do right now.. wonder what's on TV.

DogMania
08-22-2013, 01:09 PM
Why not look at it in a constructive way?, as in now we will have more players in the game which will mean more lfm's as I was wondering why so few after a major update with U19

FAQ
08-22-2013, 01:13 PM
But this means I have to stop playing and go do some work! Darn it!

darksol23
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM

I wonder if patch to fix *cough* "other things" *cough* prompted such a short notification.

I mean, really... at least all 5 of the Mac players were notified in this thread. ;-)

Qezuzu
08-22-2013, 01:14 PM
A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.

OSX does not use the Linux kernel but instead uses XNU, which is basically Apple's own flavor of the BSD kernel.

It is UNIX-like but it is not UNIX.

Ghoulstorm
08-22-2013, 01:18 PM
I'm glad this is getting fixed quickly, even if it doesn't affect me one way or the other, but you guys really need to work on your use of the word "scheduled". Everything's peachy keen, take a shower, game's down for "scheduled" maintenance. Surely it wasn't 20 'til 2 when someone said, "Hey, lets fix the Mac issue," and the bosses all said, "Ensign, schedule maintenance for 2 O'clock. Make it so. Take the servers down on my mark.....Engage."

Stoner81
08-22-2013, 01:18 PM

This has to be sig worthy :D

Stoner81.

Grynberg
08-22-2013, 01:22 PM
I mean, really... at least all 5 of the Mac players were notified in this thread. ;-)

Heh. You can have my cookie.

Pantronic
08-22-2013, 01:28 PM

It's even worse for us Europeans where it's prime time in the evening. I do not consider this "scheduled"... that would mean I had some time to make other plans.

Summer TV is so bad. :(

But moaning aside, I hope Turbine isn't rushing some other fixes into this hotfix that haven't been tested thoroughly--that's getting old. And if they are putting something else in this hotfix, I would like to see it on the release notes.

Jedthered
08-22-2013, 01:30 PM
I put in a trouble for "The Titan awakes" this morning. The Titan was falling then getting up right away. We were unable to hit him with the laser he go up so quickly. Within 5 min the GM contacted us, was very polite, and happy to help. Thanked us for putting in a bug report and resolved our problem , thus letting us complete the raid. So Kudos. I promote you form GM to a true DM ;) Gary would have been happy.

Please keep the fixes coming. All in all, you did not blow the game up too badly, and are addressing the bugs. Great job!

Kaytis
08-22-2013, 01:33 PM
It is UNIX-like but it is not UNIX.

On the contrary, Mac OS 10.8 is certified conformant to Single UNIX Specification, Version 3. Apple is the largest shipper of the UNIX operating system in the world. It has been for more than a decade. You are right about the XNU bit though.

TrueChili6
08-22-2013, 01:37 PM
All in favor of receiving an Otto's Box for the inconvenience...

Myranna
08-22-2013, 01:38 PM
Cordovan: Try your best if it doesn't work at least you gave it a good faith effort. Wow an honest company.
Guys this might not work but this is a good faith effort. Imagine how many window users are going to be ****ed over this. All for us. I feel appreciated. This is the way you grow a business. Now take it out of Beta. You will get more Mac users. Mac finally has a really good system. A lot of the components I noticed are unix based. For example the activity monitor is the same one that I see in ubuntu. It's the best activity monitor going. I used to hate mac until I noticed they were using unix components. There file system appears to be linux based. There system preferences are also unix based.

Thank you :-).

OSX was built on FreeBSD since the beginning, most Linux stuff works on it :D Hence the popularity of WINE when all else fails.

goldgolem
08-22-2013, 01:39 PM
What I don't understand is that these major bugs (like not being able to connect!) do not come out in regression testing.

Obviously they have no automated testing

Jatner
08-22-2013, 01:39 PM
3 hours of prime time European/UK playing time wasted for the sake of what, a dozen people who bought the marketing hype and bought a mac?

mons
08-22-2013, 01:43 PM
I have no issues with Hotfixes during anytime of the day especially when it concerns folks unable to get into the game. Put yourself in their shoes and see how frustrating it becomes.

Kyshara
08-22-2013, 01:46 PM
This afternoon maintenance is totally disrespectful, and yes that makes prime time for Europe.
That's COMPLETELY disrespectful.

Ok, for MAC users (they deserve to play and blablabla, I know), but this is just like sacrificing a whole town to save a single person. Some heroes like Wolverine wouldn't do that :P

Really, I believe everyone here is hoping for a xp bonus -.-

Jatner
08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Actually forget what I just said, it makes perfect sense for Turbine to focus on the small number of Apple users that play DDO.

after all, if they were gullible enough to buy a Mac and had the money to waste on one, they are clearly a prime target for Turbine to make some easy revenue with whatever the latest "special offer" is in the DDO store.

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 01:47 PM
Unscheduled downtime from 8pm-11pm GMT+1 (german timezone). There is actually no time window which could be worse than that.

FrancisP.Fancypants
08-22-2013, 01:49 PM
At least with mac you know the issues are not the mac operating system.

So true! 99% of the time it's the user.

stoerm
08-22-2013, 01:55 PM
Me trying to login 5 minutes ago (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R97TsVDC1BY)

Cauthey_No_CCInfo
08-22-2013, 01:59 PM

Is this the only issue being addressed in the hotfix?

HernandoCortez
08-22-2013, 02:00 PM
I wonder if patch to fix *cough* "other things" *cough* prompted such a short notification.

My rogue assassin will get rid of those 5.

*cough* Ninja "nerfing" incoming *cough*...

ValenGodspeed
08-22-2013, 02:05 PM

You Guys seriously need to evaluate how you use the Word scheduled... I think you were trying to say either, highly impulsive, manic, random, "some dude just think he fixed some mac ****, Eureka were killing the shards to celebrate" - server Downtime.
*sigh*

Treantsong
08-22-2013, 02:08 PM
Are you going to address the issue for the windows/pc client launchers as well? Mine still will not update, I have a support ticket up as well.

Charononus
08-22-2013, 02:13 PM

Funny I can't wait to replace my current computer with a mac, less bloated of a kernel, less malware, unix standards. Very little not to like, and many games are mac compatable lately and the few that aren't can be wined or bootcamped.

DunkleNymphe
08-22-2013, 02:16 PM
You Guys seriously need to evaluate how you use the Word scheduled... I think you were trying to say either, highly impulsive, manic, random, "some dude just think he fixed some mac ****, Eureka were killing the shards to celebrate" - server Downtime.
*sigh*

"Scheduled" just means they brought them down on purpose.
In contrast to an intern stumbling and ripping out the power cords or the hamsters having a mass heart attack.

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I am already patching.

HedgeHogShadow
08-22-2013, 02:19 PM
I'm downloading!

Systern
08-22-2013, 02:20 PM
I have to Download 808 files to fix the Mac client?

No. Really... What did you guys change?

Qezuzu
08-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Funny I can't wait to replace my current computer with a mac, less bloated of a kernel, less malware, unix standards. Very little not to like, and many games are mac compatable lately and the few that aren't can be wined or bootcamped.

Linux is objectively better than OSX or Windows in nearly every way. If it weren't for videogames I'd use it exclusively.

Buy normal computer components, make sure that they have working Linux drivers (Nvidia and Intel usually do), assemble and save a ton of money.

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:22 PM
Finished patching. Login failed.

Linux is objectively better than OSX or Windows in nearly every way. If it weren't for videogames I'd use it exclusively.

Buy normal computer components, make sure that they have working Linux drivers (Nvidia and Intel usually do), assemble and save a ton of money.

This. Unless you wanna waste your money for a commercialized linux i.e. osx.

bash, awk, gcc forever!

ValenGodspeed
08-22-2013, 02:28 PM
Finished patching. Login failed.

What ever made you think you could login just because you patched the client - not trying to kill your joy of being able to patch, but Turbine always release the update files around midway through the downtime... didnt you notice monday or were that patch not Applied during your playtime like us Europeans have gotten used to now?

methosus
08-22-2013, 02:29 PM
No, unfortunately.
are the servers back up? its just im getting the same error message as last time after the hotfix was finished

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:29 PM
What ever made you think you could login just because you patched the client - not trying to kill your joy of being able to patch, but Turbine always release the update files around midway through the downtime... didnt you notice monday or were that patch not Applied during your playtime like us Europeans have gotten used to now?

That was not a complaint, that was a status update.

Kyshara
08-22-2013, 02:30 PM
I have to Download 808 files to fix the Mac client?

No. Really... What did you guys change?

Maybe they are fixing Von 1 end reward (I got GH chain end reward instead) but have shame to tell us the truth :)

methosus
08-22-2013, 02:32 PM

lucky for you, i only saw the 5mins to downtime message

methosus
08-22-2013, 02:34 PM
How about saving up some fixes instead of having 3+ hours downtime every day?

well thankyou, that saved me from typing that :)

Beltazar
08-22-2013, 02:34 PM
I am a mac user as well, and I have had absolutely no issues logging in and playing DDO. Its called "Bootcamp" yes just put windows on your mac which is very much authorized, and runs beautifully. Then you get the best of both worlds. I just put windows on enough of my HD to hold windows, DDO and maybe 1 or 2 other odd and end games that may come around.

Marewood
08-22-2013, 02:35 PM
Three hours unscheduled downtime at primetime and then patching 808 files to fix the max client???

After finally completing - LOGIN FAILS.

So you patched 808 files to fix Mac and broke the Win client?

I was starting to applaud you for the nice update and the new attitude to customer relations. But this is another one of those lame Turbine jokes we have been seeing for the last two years.

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
I am a mac user as well, and I have had absolutely no issues logging in and playing DDO. Its called "Bootcamp" yes just put windows on your mac which is very much authorized, and runs beautifully. Then you get the best of both worlds. I just put windows on enough of my HD to hold windows, DDO and maybe 1 or 2 other odd and end games that may come around.

I am doing the same with linux and windows, grub dualboot on ssd. =)

ValenGodspeed
08-22-2013, 02:38 PM
That was not a complaint, that was a status update.

My bad, sometimes I forget we live in the age of Facebook where stating the obvious is king. Guess were gonna wait those 1:20 still + whatever they need extra to get it working.

Lalinia
08-22-2013, 02:39 PM
Three hours unscheduled downtime at primetime and then patching 808 files to fix the max client???

After finally completing - LOGIN FAILS.

So you patched 808 files to fix Mac and broke the Win client?

It isn't up yet... That's why.

Jedthered
08-22-2013, 02:39 PM
woo hoo only world servers to go!

Kyshara
08-22-2013, 02:40 PM
The only reason I forgive Turbine is because Shar is my favorite goddess of all D&D scenarios, so I'm ok with u19 :P

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:41 PM
woo hoo only world servers to go!

go khyber!

thotto3333
08-22-2013, 02:42 PM
Yeah, now that the server is apparently back up, me as a WIndows user cannot log in. I had to do chores too! Mach Schnell and fix it so everyone can log in will yas.......please

digital_terror1
08-22-2013, 02:45 PM
Yeah, now that the server is apparently back up, me as a WIndows user cannot log in. I had to do chores too! Mach Schnell and fix it so everyone can log in will yas.......please

The file servers were up, the authentication server was not...meaning you could patch but not authenticate. Give it time, there's still 90 minutes or so left in the update window.

Bob_of_QF
08-22-2013, 02:45 PM
It's amusing to read the comments of people who suddenly have nothing better to do.

:)

But I did learn something mildly useful-- the patch files were available, so I started my DDO client to get the files-- where I am, they are always horribly slow to download. About 1/10th of what my cable is capable of, in fact.

So I sit here, waiting for 4:00 pm (my local time the servers are "scheduled" to be back up) to roll around, and I get to skip 30-40 minutes of file downloads.

That's an unexpected treasure chest, if ever I saw one!

Now, I'm off to grab a bite to eat.

Thanks for the laughs, and the tip about pre-downloading the patch files.

:D

Eilyen
08-22-2013, 02:46 PM

Maybe because the world servers are not up yet?

morkahn82
08-22-2013, 02:49 PM
It's amusing to read the comments of people who suddenly have nothing better to do.

Thanks for joining our exquisite circle. Welcome to the guys who have nothing better to do.

thotto3333
08-22-2013, 02:49 PM
The file servers were up, the authentication server was not...meaning you could patch but not authenticate. Give it time, there's still 90 minutes or so left in the update window.

Sigh.............ok.

Diyon
08-22-2013, 03:07 PM
*Amnesia dust to the face*

Man, that's been sitting in Tolero's desk drawer for some time...hope it's not expired...

Thank you for the 8-bit Theater reference.

Jatner
08-22-2013, 03:08 PM
Welcome to the guys who have nothing better to do.

You mean that somewhere out there is something better to do than sit and wait for the servers to come back up?

ImanCarrot
08-22-2013, 03:09 PM
:http://filehostfree.com/thumb/thumb_5513.png (http://www.filehostfree.com/?d=52166E671)

voxson5
08-22-2013, 03:10 PM
You mean that somewhere out there is something better to do than sit and wait for the servers to come back up?

Play Neverwinter?

I would... but have to wait for that to patch :D

Gauthaag
08-22-2013, 03:11 PM
Well, at least i got time to make some costume concepts for game that allow me as euro to their contest, while i am tryin to find out why updates here are allways three hours at least while there are two hours at most at the other mmo i play.

IMaraudU
08-22-2013, 03:23 PM
What ever happened to the Shadar-kai Assassin Cosmetic Costume that was supposed to come with the pre-order? I never received mine.

Bimbelbo
08-22-2013, 03:27 PM
Servers up!

FIRST!

HernandoCortez
08-22-2013, 03:28 PM
What ever happened to the Shadar-kai Assassin Cosmetic Costume that was supposed to come with the pre-order? I never received mine.

Did you roll a Shadar-kai? Its supposed to be in their inventory, BTC. 2 of them.

HernandoCortez
08-22-2013, 03:29 PM
Servers up!

FIRST!

Thanks. Will check for some ninja clues left behind.

Cordovan
08-22-2013, 03:31 PM
The worlds have reopened, enjoy!

HernandoCortez
08-22-2013, 03:46 PM
:)

Gratch
08-22-2013, 04:10 PM
Whoa... that's a lot of changes to client_gamelogic.dat and client_map_1.dat. Was there some other fixes beyond Mac client launcher?

Also make sure to flip the +2 Loot Enabled switch... again... in case it got turned off with the downtime.

PS: Also... the bacon is not fixed. I assumed the MAC thing was just a coverup to get the bacon back on airships.

UurlockYgmeov
08-22-2013, 04:26 PM
what about named items like Spectral Gloves (grandfathered version) changing minimum levels?

and the patch was secretly about fixing an exploit where a quest was dropping a list of named loot from another module.

Flavilandile
08-22-2013, 04:30 PM
Whoa... that's a lot of changes to client_gamelogic.dat and client_map_1.dat. Was there some other fixes beyond Mac client launcher?

Then that means there's been sneak fixes along the way.

gamelogic contains loot tables, monster CR and HPs, and a few other things.
client_map contains... well the map.

For the first one we can only guess at what was fixed, for the second one, the obvious fixes are probably stuck points.

Now as usual we won't have any decent release notes.

Charononus
08-22-2013, 11:49 PM

Yeah the reason I'm not going to go linux is two fold, one my wife uses the computer too and she is not ... as computer savy, two I'm lazy and don't want to wine or dual boot every game and most of the games I like playing have mac versions.

CarpeNoctu
08-23-2013, 01:16 AM
The worlds have reopened, enjoy!

You appear to have done something wrong, guys... I can't absolutely confirm it from just today's experience, but in fixing the Mac client issue, you seem to have also fixed my "have to log in twice" issue has been resolved. Just when I was getting used to it, too...

Wanesa
08-23-2013, 01:48 AM
You appear to have done something wrong, guys... I can't absolutely confirm it from just today's experience, but in fixing the Mac client issue, you seem to have also fixed my "have to log in twice" issue has been resolved. Just when I was getting used to it, too...

Check it twice. Logging is always faster after update. But after reboot, everything is returned back to normal.

On Windows, try to DDOPreload utility to resolve issue with "log in twice"

Pantronic
08-23-2013, 04:21 AM
Yeah the reason I'm not going to go linux is two fold, one my wife uses the computer too and she is not ... as computer savy, two I'm lazy and don't want to wine or dual boot every game and most of the games I like playing have mac versions.

So, the Mac client hotfix that took the game down for the second day in a row was only necessary because Mac users couldn't be bothered to use an available alternative?

CarpeNoctu
08-23-2013, 10:53 AM
Check it twice. Logging is always faster after update. But after reboot, everything is returned back to normal.

I haven't had any problems at all today, but I usually only have that issue first thing in the morning and if I haven't logged in for more than 4 hours (give or take) so I'll see in the morning, I guess... Too unmotivated to reboot lol

CarpeNoctu
08-23-2013, 11:10 PM

You were right... I just woke up and logged in... Twice. Everything is back to normal! Yay...?

Qezuzu
08-24-2013, 12:20 AM

Linux is not hard to use. Cinnamon Desktop Environment is very user friendly, as is KDE and Xfce, and LXDE to an extent. Linux Mint Cinnamon is probably more user friendly than Windows, but I'm a fan of Fedora.

You're right about the WINE/bootcamp, but seriously you can save hundreds if you just use normal hardware with Linux. I'm just saiyan.

ImanCarrot
12-22-2015, 06:50 AM
Buy bye DDO, that was the final straw, Subscription cancelled (funnily enough on xmas day). Hope your health in body is better than this game. best wishes.

HuneyMunster
12-22-2015, 01:38 PM
UPDATED 4:30 PM EASTERN: The worlds have reopened. Enjoy!

GMT is now 7:37pm
EST is 2:37pm

Are the servers still using EDT?

holfrar
12-22-2015, 01:42 PM
GMT is now 7:37pm
EST is 2:37pm

Are the servers still using EDT?

Check the date of the OP, August 2013
No idea why the poster above you decided to necro a 2 year old thread to say bye