PDA

View Full Version : Divine Grace & Evasion

GFacfor
08-22-2013, 09:44 AM
Every build I have seen lately, has this combo.

Yes, yes, you have those other ones as well, but, seriously 99% from TR builds have this combo. Makes you to question, is there something OP here maybe?

I know that those 99% will come here to say that it is not OP. But seriously, you all play builds based on these 2 feats? Would it not be nice if other builds would be equally good? Sure it would nerf your solo game, but it would sure make the game more interesting.

Maybe something like..

Evasion, if you succeed with the save you only take 25%.
Imp Evasion, if you fail you will only take 50%.
With traps you take 0% like defore.

Divine Grace, add half from your charisma bonus to your saves.

unbongwah
08-22-2013, 11:35 AM
This combo has been popular since the early days of PnP 3E D&D, AFAICT. They nerfed it before by moving Divine Grace to pal 2 (used to be pal 1, IIRC) and making Evasion work only in lt armor or robes (used to work with all armor - look up the original Batman build).

I don't really see why it needs another nerf. If you take this combo, you give up taking any capstone and can only get the lvl 18 PrE tier in either monk or pally; this cuts into your build options. If a caster does it, they're limiting themselves to lvl 8 or below spells. If anything, my biggest complaint is that the non-LG classes - i.e., druids, bards, and barbs - miss out on the fun.

Dmnqwk
08-22-2013, 12:48 PM
Unless Turbine cap the saving throw bonus equal to your paladin level (with an additional feat at 12 removing this restriction) I can't see them changing things.

Pen and Paper didn't have Charisma 36 on a level 14 though, so it's not always best to make comparisons.

Charononus
08-22-2013, 01:27 PM
http://www.yodesh.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Do-not-feed-the-trolls-atsof-574071_1024_712.jpg

Kyshara
08-22-2013, 03:04 PM
Unless Turbine cap the saving throw bonus equal to your paladin level (with an additional feat at 12 removing this restriction) I can't see them changing things.

Pen and Paper didn't have Charisma 36 on a level 14 though, so it's not always best to make comparisons.

As Pen and Paper wouldn't have a level 15 (17 on elite) trap with 40~45 Reflex DC (Litany force traps)
Yes, we can't compare.