PDA

View Full Version : Make some packs f2p

nibel
08-22-2013, 09:43 AM
What says on title. Some adventure packs are plain not worth the cost in TP for lack of XP, useful favor, or tasty loot. Some of them should be turned free simply to give the main population more stuff to do. I would ask for the following packs to become free:

The Seal of Shan-To-Kor
The Sharn Syndicate
Three-Barrel Cove
Sorrowdusk Isle
Maybe The Ruins of Threnal (Or at least, make the "explorer" zone public, so everyone can see Dave Arneson's grave, and play the giant caves)
Maybe The Restless Isles (Titan is a dead raid. Making it free might populate it.)
Maybe The Druid's Deep (Only caveat is that the pack is too new, but it fits the lack of stuff to farm for)

I would add Catacombs, but it gives out Silver Flame favor, that is useful.

I would add Splinterskull, but it is still ran for Visor of Fleshrender, and part 6a is a good XP.

I would add Cannith, but it possess two raids. They are almost as dead as Titan, but still provides good epic twink weapons.

Opinions?

unbongwah
08-22-2013, 11:34 AM
I strongly suspect Restless Isles would need to be epic-fied before anyone cared to run Titan again. It isn't like Tempest Spine, where you can run it any time you want with minimal setup. You have to do the flagging quests, go to the Isles, then make your way to the raid entrance. I.e., it's a major PITA just to start the darn thing for badly outdated gear and Free Agents rep which no one cares about.

And I certainly agree the lower-level packs should be made free (or at least cheaper) and given some better end rewards. It would take some nice exclusive gear to tempt me into running most of those again. 3BC got some upgrades last year, but not enough to justify running it for most.

nibel
08-22-2013, 05:54 PM
The pre-raid XP is higher than VoN 5. That alone being throw in the f2p quests might warrant people run it again at level for bravery. You only need 3 people to complete the raid anyway (one must have wings).

Ungood
08-23-2013, 08:47 PM
If had suggested that they revise some of them to make them better, more fun? Sure!

if you had suggested that they Upgrade the gear, loot, and exp to make them more attractive? Absolutely!

But, suggesting to make them F2P? No Way!

If they want to, or need to add in more F2P quests, they can make them. Making older content F2P is unfair to the players who bought it, it also sets a bad trend, and players might boycott buying content in the hope that the lack of people running it will get to become F2P.

kilagan800
08-28-2013, 02:16 AM
3BC quests are some of my favorite low level quests to run, but the xp is still low imo. Also maybe turbine can direct more foot traffic to 3BC by making Irestone Inlet a prerequisite for 3BC like Hiding In Plain Sight is to Restless Isles.

Threnal needs updating. You know, the usual complaints.

But I don't think they should be changed to f2p quests, they just need a little tlc.

Charononus
08-28-2013, 07:26 AM
Also maybe turbine can direct more foot traffic to 3BC by making Irestone Inlet a prerequisite for 3BC like Hiding In Plain Sight is to Restless Isles.

? How do you go from adding a flagger to having more traffic for the quests? It just doesn't really make sense to me.

kilagan800
08-28-2013, 11:50 AM
? How do you go from adding a flagger to having more traffic for the quests? It just doesn't really make sense to me.

It makes perfect sense if you want to advertise 3BC to new players and direct them to that ship way out in the harbor, which they may or may not otherwise stumble upon.