PDA

View Full Version : U19 shiradi WF sorc build primer - more powerfuller than ever

AtomicMew
08-22-2013, 06:42 AM
I had several people ask me how to remake their shiradi sorc for U19. While I haven't fleshed out all the gear, it's already more than clear that shiradi sorc is better than ever, even at level 25. I figure I'd start this thread to get the discussion rolling already.

There are basically three possible level splits:

18 sorc/2 paladin
18 sorc/2 monk
18 sorc/2 FvS

18 sorc is absolutely required for wings and meteor swarm. If you're thinking about splashing more, you're probably better off with a different class. Paladin and monk splashes are defensive splashes, with the edge going to paladin in my opinion. FvS is the offensive splash, and ultimately better if you usually play in groups.

Enhancements - paladin version
Warforged (2 AP):
Core: Tier 1 (1 AP)
Tier 1: Inscribed armor (1 AP)

Air Savant (40 AP):
Core: Tier 5 (5 AP)
Tier 1: Electrocution (3 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 2: Efficient Maximize (6 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 3: Efficient Empower (6 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP), Charisma (2 AP)
Tier 4: Feather Falling (2 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 5: Wind Dance (2 AP), Awaken Elemental Weakness (2 AP), Evocation Focus (2 AP), Elemental Diversification: Force (2 AP)

Fire Savant (34 AP):
Tier 1: Conflagration (3 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP), One with the inferno (3 AP)
Tier 2: Efficient Quicken (6 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP), Fanning the Flames (3 AP), Pierce Fire Resistance (6 AP)
Tier 3: Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 4: Spell Critical (2 AP)

4 AP free - level off charisma score, try to put points into fire instead of air as fire is the DPS savant.

Enhancements are generally geared towards maximum DPS and SP efficiency. The obvious savant choices are air and fire due to superior procs. Water and earth are just flat out bad, and I can't imagine anyone seriously considering them over air and fire. This is a big change over pre-expansion, when all savants were basically competitive. Now, you really only have one choice.

Fanning the flames is better than it appears, since it can proc on each damage number in scorching ray and meteor swarm.

Another one of the big changes from pre-expansion is being able to not take SLAs. This is great, since all tier 1 and probably all tier 2 SLAs are basically never worth using for a shiradi, so you can save a ton of AP to put them somewhere else. On the other hand, draconic's will probably rely on them quite heavily.

Enhancements - FvS version
Warforged (2 AP):
Tier 1: Inscribed armor (1 AP)

Angel of Vengeance (17 AP)
Tier 1: Scourge (3 AP), Smiting (2 AP)
Tier 2: Just Rewards (3 AP), Smiting (2 AP), Efficient Quicken (6 AP)

Air Savant (40 AP):
Tier 1: Electrocution (3 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 2: Efficient Maximize (6 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 3: Efficient Empower (6 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP), Charisma (2 AP)
Tier 4: Feather Falling (2 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP)
Tier 5: Wind Dance (2 AP), Awaken Elemental Weakness (2 AP), Evocation Focus (2 AP), Elemental Diversification: Force (2 AP)

Fire Savant (21 AP):
Core: Tier 4 (4 AP)
Tier 1: Conflagration (3 AP), Spell Critical (2 AP), One with the inferno (2 AP)
Tier 2: Spell Critical (2 AP), Pierce Fire Resistance (4 AP)
Tier 3: Spell Critical (2 AP), Charisma (2 AP)

With FvS splash, the goal is to move as much enhancements as possible to Angel of Vengeance, since you get more spellpower per point and honestly the enhancements are just flat out better. You're getting a ton more spellpower thanks to scourge and some extra force crits that you wouldn't have otherwise. With Just Rewards, you're adding a good amount of spell points so you can easily drop fanning the flames too.

Offensive casting:

Single Target:
Magic Missile
Scorching Ray (Force Missiles vs. fire immunes)
Meteor Swarm
Lightning bolt (bosses only)
DoTs

AoE:
Meteor Swarm
Chain Missiles
Energy Burst
Primal Scream
Chain Lightning (optional)

Utility:
Ice Storm
Solid Fog

Generally speaking, you'll be using a combination of single target and AoE for 99% of skirmishes, so it's not essential to have a full rotation of AoE spells. (By full rotation, I mean being able to chain spells indefinitely.) On the other hand, all boss fights require sustained single target DPS, so it's essential to have a full rotation with no downtime. Luckily, you can rotate between MM and Scorching Ray alone. Meteor Swarm is also the best single target DPS spell, however it's costly, so use sparingly as single target DPS.

Lightning bolt should be used only vs bosses. Trash mobs don't survive long enough for conduction to add significant DPS.

Sokól
08-22-2013, 07:50 AM
Thank you for opening my eyes to that fvs splash, have a 3rd life sorc at level 17, want to do something new with him.

Armus
08-22-2013, 08:48 AM
This class is hot for sure but I'm hesitant to get away from the missile spam and the 60+ saves. I'm still ice based. Can you elaborate on why you like fire? I'm also at work so limited on ways to research what these fire abilities do.

And what wings are you talking about? My twists are of course energy burst, the fvs sp ed and the +6 reflex save ed from draconic.

Edit: ooo burning.

Sokól
08-22-2013, 09:01 AM
This class is hot for sure but I'm hesitant to get away from the missile spam and the 60+ saves. I'm still ice based. Can you elaborate on why you like fire? I'm also at work so limited on ways to research what these fire abilities do.

And what wings are you talking about? My twists are of course energy burst, the fvs sp ed and the +6 reflex save ed from draconic.

I think I can answer these 2:

Fire because of meteor swarm, fireball and scorch sla´s and other aoe spells, and fire works well in epic gianthold and new content.

Wind Dance it works like fvs wings a tier 5 ability in air savant.

PsychoJester
08-22-2013, 11:07 AM
It's ok for TRing a toon, but for a brand new one what do you think of the pally splash on a bladeforged iconic?

Sokól
08-22-2013, 11:33 AM
It's ok for TRing a toon, but for a brand new one what do you think of the pally splash on a bladeforged iconic?

That is really mandatory as they have to start with at least 1 level of Paladin.

Armus
08-22-2013, 12:39 PM
So now this build is moving away from spamming missiles to speaking multi hit elemental spells that proc their own damage? And we can achieve the same number of hits per second (so we have the same shiradi proc rate)? What about sp usage?

thesnoman
08-22-2013, 01:04 PM
So now this build is moving away from spamming missiles to speaking multi hit elemental spells that proc their own damage? And we can achieve the same number of hits per second (so we have the same shiradi proc rate)? What about sp usage?

Been playing with my Shiradi Sorc a lot this week as I've put my Jugg on the back burner until I figure out exactly how I'm changing his build...possibly a TR, but hopefully not yet.

Here's my thoughts:

I still like spamming MM/CM for MoBs and MM/FM for bosses - I've played with this idea of using Meteor Swarm as a big damage spell, but I'm not convinced that it's worth the SP cost except for where you KNOW a group of baddies if just mulling about waiting to be aggro'd. (Reflex saves are stupid high in the new content)

I'm also playing with twisting back in the tier 4 Magister ability for Enchant cool-downs and twisting in the Tier 4 FoTW Sense Weakness - these are at the loss of Tier 4 Draconic Burst, but like I mentioned above - reflex saves are stupid high in the new content, so Burst is practically worthless against many EE baddies.

I'm still playing with my final iteration of Melkorr for this Updats, but stay tuned - he's more survivable now and is getting the same types of damage (maybe a bit higher) as he was prior to U19.

AtomicMew
08-22-2013, 02:25 PM

It'll work out great. Offensively, you're only missing out on past life wizard (high damage missiles), +3 evoc from sorcerer and completionist. Nothing essential.

With fanning the flames proccing all the time on scorching ray, SP efficiency is better than it was before. FvS splash is even better. You're doing more DPS for less SP usage now.

I still like spamming MM/CM for MoBs and MM/FM for bosses - I've played with this idea of using Meteor Swarm as a big damage spell, but I'm not convinced that it's worth the SP cost except for where you KNOW a group of baddies if just mulling about waiting to be aggro'd. (Reflex saves are stupid high in the new content)
Scorching ray is better than force missiles, especially with the proc. It may have even been better before the update, though I never did the math. The base damage is quite a bit higher than force missiles.

I definitely agree with you on the other twist possibilites, those are all strong options.

thesnoman
08-22-2013, 06:14 PM
RE: Fanning the flames

I haven't yet played with scorching ray - I was aware that fanning the flames was supposed to proc, but didn't know it was really that often. If it's that often, I'll have to play with it...just another power boost IMO if it is WAI. If not, it'll be fun to play with for the time being. (My bet is that it's got a big, giant nerf bat in it's future if it's as powerful as you say...similar to they way Shiradi lost perma-dots)

AtomicMew
08-22-2013, 09:18 PM
RE: Fanning the flames

I haven't yet played with scorching ray - I was aware that fanning the flames was supposed to proc, but didn't know it was really that often. If it's that often, I'll have to play with it...just another power boost IMO if it is WAI. If not, it'll be fun to play with for the time being. (My bet is that it's got a big, giant nerf bat in it's future if it's as powerful as you say...similar to they way Shiradi lost perma-dots)

I don't think it's really that powerful. Just Rewards from AoV is flat out better. With scorching ray, it is limited to one proc per spell, but has multiple chances to proc. So it's basically making a 8 SP spell into a ~5-6 SP spell, which is nice but not overpowered.

Ancient
08-23-2013, 06:24 AM
Another one of the big changes from pre-expansion is being able to not take SLAs. This is great, since all tier 1 and probably all tier 2 SLAs are basically never worth using for a shiradi, so you can save a ton of AP to put them somewhere else. On the other hand, draconic's will probably rely on them quite heavily.
The SLAs aren't an optimal choice at the end game, but they are great at low/mid levels.

Gavndad
08-23-2013, 07:23 AM
I suck at leveling, is there an order for lvl'ing a 18sor/2 fvs ? Do i want fvs as soon as possible or at certain lvls or does it not matter?

Ancient
08-23-2013, 07:46 AM
I think there are tons of valid level options, but here are some things to consider.

FVS 1 offers a significant spell power increase.
FVS 2 offers mana procs.

Early on, the sorc levels will bump up your damage more than spell power.

If you are good with burning hands/scorch, Sorc 4 -> FVS 1 is a good progression.
If you really like fireball, Sorc 6 -> FVS 1 might work better.
If you are a firewall fan, Sorc 8 -> FVS 1

If you have good twink gear, the mana procs aren't as important till late heroic levels or epic.

Neoxxz
08-23-2013, 07:54 AM
I suck at leveling, is there an order for lvl'ing a 18sor/2 fvs ? Do i want fvs as soon as possible or at certain lvls or does it not matter?

You'll want Firewall asap. Then you'll want Delayed Blast Fireball as soon as possible after that. Therefore I suggest you take the first 14 levels in Sorc.

loutka67
09-06-2013, 10:59 PM
hi plz how much you lose on saves when you go fvs and no paly

AtomicMew
09-07-2013, 05:21 AM
Paladin saves are equal to charisma modifier, so roughly ~15-20 at end game.

wey4lust
09-07-2013, 07:00 AM
Hi

After u19 hit live i came up with this build

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424394-Sorc-Fvs-Paladin-Ultimate-magic-missile-spammer-)

It take best from sorc/fvs/paladin, i tried all 18/2 splashes as well as 12/6/2 but i found this one optimal for my play style (need 2 lvl 6 arcane spells), so far i had no problem to solo any of new ees, only what goes up was painfull but i did it 6 man scaling and was only dps untill end boss (than 2 dps joined for completion).

Carpone
09-15-2013, 08:09 PM
There are basically three possible level splits:

18 sorc/2 paladin
18 sorc/2 monk
18 sorc/2 FvS
Which version do you play, and why did you choose that split over the others?

Singular
09-16-2013, 12:50 AM
18 sorc is absolutely required for wings and meteor swarm.

Excellent post - thank you!

I have two comments on the points above:

1. I think you can get wings at level 12 now. Certainly by level 17. I'll know if it's lvl 12 in the next couple of days, but it's telling me that's my limitation right now.

2. I have an end-game Shiradi Sorc who spams MM, sonic blast and electric loop, with the latter two being very effective CC spells. Nerve poison on the MM is, too, but sonic blast and electric loop CC groups of baddies rather than just one. I find this very useful.

AtomicMew
09-16-2013, 08:57 PM
@Singular and carpone: I have to take back what I said earlier about 18/2 being the only options. Originally, I had thought I could get by without the FvS splash like before. But I've found the new quests are generally full of un-dangerous mobs which equates to a very drawn out slog, and there aren't as many shrines in the explorers like in GH.

Now, I'd probably recommend 18/2 FvS (group-oriented) or 16/2/2 FvS/Paladin (solo-oriented). Meteor and KD immunity will be missed, but FvS seems to be pretty essential for shiradi builds nowdays.

thesnoman
09-17-2013, 09:11 AM
Now, I'd probably recommend 18/2 FvS (group-oriented) or 16/2/2 FvS/Paladin (solo-oriented). Meteor and KD immunity will be missed, but FvS seems to be pretty essential for shiradi builds nowdays.

I disagree a bit - while FvS is better DPS and stretches out the time between shrines, I'd hardly call it ESSENTIAL.

Seriously, I can Solo most of the new content (except What Goes Up) on EE with my 18/2 Sorc/Pally Build that has no Max/Emp and focuses on getting my dodge bonus as high as possible (Dodge/Mobility in place of Max/Emp). I've basically thrown out the DI Blast for FoTW Sense Weakness and spam MM/CM/SR with a MS thrown in here and there.

It's not as efficient as FvS nor as powerful, but it gets the job done.

For a group oriented Shiradi, I agree 100% that 18/2 with FvS is far superior to Pally Splash.

AtomicMew
09-18-2013, 12:06 AM
I disagree a bit - while FvS is better DPS and stretches out the time between shrines, I'd hardly call it ESSENTIAL.

Seriously, I can Solo most of the new content (except What Goes Up) on EE with my 18/2 Sorc/Pally Build that has no Max/Emp and focuses on getting my dodge bonus as high as possible (Dodge/Mobility in place of Max/Emp). I've basically thrown out the DI Blast for FoTW Sense Weakness and spam MM/CM/SR with a MS thrown in here and there.

It's not as efficient as FvS nor as powerful, but it gets the job done.

For a group oriented Shiradi, I agree 100% that 18/2 with FvS is far superior to Pally Splash.

I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fvs is just really powerful. If you're getting by without it, then you could probably leave maximize on all the time with it. I miss meteor swarm a lot, but the only other thing that you lose is the KD immunity, which from what I've seen so far isn't super prevalent in new content. Even without the exta sp, fvs getsd you quite a bit more dps with extra crits and extra spell power.

thesnoman
09-18-2013, 05:53 AM
I'm not saying you're wrong, but the fvs is just really powerful. If you're getting by without it, then you could probably leave maximize on all the time with it. I miss meteor swarm a lot, but the only other thing that you lose is the KD immunity, which from what I've seen so far isn't super prevalent in new content. Even without the exta sp, fvs getsd you quite a bit more dps with extra crits and extra spell power.

I agree with you 100% on this post - the FvS Splash makes you really powerful.

I just don't agree that FvS is ESSENTIAL for a Shiradi build.

Is it the most powerful DPS Shiradi build? Yes - Definitely.

Is it ESSENTIAL that you taks the FvS Splash for End game now? Not unless you feel that you HAVE to eek out absolutely the most damage per SP.

I've mentioned it before and I'll mention it again - I believe that the FvS Splash is the most powerful DPS Shiradi build in the game, BUT at the cost of Survivability. For group play - fine. For Solo Play - I still find KD immunity exceptionally helpful in end game and am not willing to give it up...yet.

Trillea
09-22-2013, 09:00 PM
I know the reasons in favor of having this build be warforged (quickened recon, free fort, many others) but I can't stand having my main Selee be a WF for what I hope will be her last life.

Not having played many EEs on any of my mains after a 2 year break, is it viable to just go 16sorc/2fvs/2pal as a human with heal scrolls? That is what I have her geared out for (I can easily reach no-fail heal scrolls and have several cleansed GS items). Considering I want to use my last true heart on Wed, any and all feedback before then is greatly appreciated.

Wizza
09-23-2013, 11:40 AM
I know the reasons in favor of having this build be warforged (quickened recon, free fort, many others) but I can't stand having my main Selee be a WF for what I hope will be her last life.

Not having played many EEs on any of my mains after a 2 year break, is it viable to just go 16sorc/2fvs/2pal as a human with heal scrolls? That is what I have her geared out for (I can easily reach no-fail heal scrolls and have several cleansed GS items). Considering I want to use my last true heart on Wed, any and all feedback before then is greatly appreciated.

It should work, yeah. As long as you can scroll heal and cocoon yourself there shouldn't be problems.

mrdane
09-23-2013, 02:10 PM
hi can u pls tell the order off u feats when u use the 18/2 sor-fvs thx fore a great builds i cant w8 to try this out

Morthanos
09-24-2013, 08:40 PM
If playing with a regular group that includes a Tank, Bard, Cleric, Rogue, and Ranger, would a Drow possibly be preferred from a pure DPS standpoint for the 18/2 Sorc/FVS Shiradi?

Rogann
09-24-2013, 10:00 PM
hi can u pls tell the order off u feats when u use the 18/2 sor-fvs thx fore a great builds i cant w8 to try this out

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/425269-The-Scorcher-(WF-18-Sorc-2-Fvs-Shiradi)?p=5095752#post5095752

Singular
09-24-2013, 11:03 PM
@Singular and carpone: I have to take back what I said earlier about 18/2 being the only options. Originally, I had thought I could get by without the FvS splash like before. But I've found the new quests are generally full of un-dangerous mobs which equates to a very drawn out slog, and there aren't as many shrines in the explorers like in GH.

Thanks :) I'll have to try that. Just finishing up my last few caster lives for my artie - and seeing the extra dcs go a loooong way, so thinking about TRing my sorc.

As it turns out, you can get wings on a sorc at level 12. Honestly, nothing makes me happier :)

GrantAnderson
11-25-2013, 12:18 PM
On the Bladeforged (Sor18/Pal2 or Sor16/Pal2/FvS2), would you take the Reconstruct SLA? It's only a saving of 16SP a pop, assuming Quicken and Efficient Quicken 3/3, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. If it is worth taking, where would you cut to gain the 9AP for it?

thesnoman
11-25-2013, 12:44 PM
GrantAnderson
On the Bladeforged (Sor18/Pal2 or Sor16/Pal2/FvS2), would you take the Reconstruct SLA? It's only a saving of 16SP a pop, assuming Quicken and Efficient Quicken 3/3, so I'm not sure if it's worth it. If it is worth taking, where would you cut to gain the 9AP for it?

Ummm...good question - I haven't gone the Bladeforged route as of yet, so I can't speak from experience. What I think I'd do is to take the Reconstruct SLA while leveling since it is only a Tier 2 Ability. Once I had the actual spell and a Blue Bar to back it up, I think I'd have to dump it and pick up more enhancements from your class trees.

GrantAnderson
11-25-2013, 10:45 PM
Ummm...good question - I haven't gone the Bladeforged route as of yet, so I can't speak from experience. What I think I'd do is to take the Reconstruct SLA while leveling since it is only a Tier 2 Ability. Once I had the actual spell and a Blue Bar to back it up, I think I'd have to dump it and pick up more enhancements from your class trees.
Well, Bladeforged starts at 15, so (depending on when you take the FvS and/or Pal levels) you'd either have access to Reconstruct on your list right away, or one level later.

I suppose there's not such a crunch for L6 slots that it becomes useful for that reason?

wey4lust
11-25-2013, 10:53 PM
Recon sla and recon spell are on separate timer, that make them very usefull in ee content

thesnoman
11-26-2013, 05:53 AM
Recon sla and recon spell are on separate timer, that make them very usefull in ee content

I have yet to find a need to cast Recon faster than it recharges - even in EE content. My Recon goes off for about 670 - I have 780 HPs. The only time I need more than one recon in a row is if:

I'm not paying attention - which rarely happens on EE
I get knocked down, at which point it really doesn't matter how many recons I can cast since you can't cast while knocked down.

There are so many more useful things you can use 9 Enhancement points on than a Recon SLA that it just doesn't make it worth while on a casting Sorcerer. If this was a melee style toon than it might be worth it.

GrantAnderson
11-26-2013, 07:06 PM
I have yet to find a need to cast Recon faster than it recharges - even in EE content. My Recon goes off for about 670 - I have 780 HPs. The only time I need more than one recon in a row is if:

I'm not paying attention - which rarely happens on EE
I get knocked down, at which point it really doesn't matter how many recons I can cast since you can't cast while knocked down.

There are so many more useful things you can use 9 Enhancement points on than a Recon SLA that it just doesn't make it worth while on a casting Sorcerer. If this was a melee style toon than it might be worth it.
I came to more or less the same conclusion when making my bladeforged last night. I took it on a quick run through Mired in Kobolds, and fumbled through with Wall of Fire, Chain Missiles, Scorching Ray and Magic Missile. I'm not convinced I was all that SP-efficient, though. Would people here recommend the SLAs for leveling until I hit Shiradi, or is it just a matter of practice?

wey4lust
11-26-2013, 08:46 PM
While lvling go just normal fire savant, than ice/air once vale, recon sla is usless while lvling also. Once at cap and maxed shiradi/twists go mm monkey, and well for me 2nd recon while mobs hit 400 is totaly worth 9 AP, esspacialy that all you really need is 30 p in air savant for wings and like 10 in angel for scourge, rest ap is free for w/e you feel. (i would recomend smiting line for angel for sure, and fort from bladeforged core, 200 fort isnt enuff for ee)

GrantAnderson
11-27-2013, 12:31 AM
While lvling go just normal fire savant, than ice/air once vale, recon sla is usless while lvling also. Once at cap and maxed shiradi/twists go mm monkey, and well for me 2nd recon while mobs hit 400 is totaly worth 9 AP, esspacialy that all you really need is 30 p in air savant for wings and like 10 in angel for scourge, rest ap is free for w/e you feel. (i would recomend smiting line for angel for sure, and fort from bladeforged core, 200 fort isnt enuff for ee)
Is it worth taking those two FvS levels for Scourge/Smiting/Just Reward, even though you miss out on 9th level spells and become vulnerable to knockdown? (I'm almost always solo, if that makes a difference.)

And are the Savant SLAs worth taking while leveling? I'd have access to Shocking Grasp, Electric Loop, Lightning Bolt, Burning Hands, and/or Scorch (or others if I went outside Air/Fire, I guess, although I chose spells with Air and Fire in mind).

thesnoman
11-27-2013, 06:17 AM
Is it worth taking those two FvS levels for Scourge/Smiting/Just Reward, even though you miss out on 9th level spells and become vulnerable to knockdown? (I'm almost always solo, if that makes a difference.)

I've taken this to the next level and my current build is 14/4/2 Sorc/FvS/Pally

I do miss KD immunity in about 2 quests (Soloing Tor on EE being the biggest PITA) and I no longer have wings.

You don't need any 9th level spells - they drain your mana pool and, with shiradi, the only one worth taking is Meteor Swarm.

I've got 34 points in Fire Savant, 34 points in AoV, and 6 Points in Eldritch Knight - nothing in Air Savant at all.

The build is so much more powerful than any 18/2 build that it's ridiculous. It's equally as powerful as a 16/4, but with the added benefit of really high saves from Paladin Divine Grace.

GrantAnderson
11-28-2013, 12:15 AM
Well, answering my own question to an extent, I found at least one good use for SLAs: when those Skeletal Enchanters use Madstone Rage on you in the Madstone Crater quest. "Aha, you can't cast spells now, puny Sorc--"
BZZT
<crickets>

whereispowderedsilve
11-28-2013, 12:52 AM
Well, answering my own question to an extent, I found at least one good use for SLAs: when those Skeletal Enchanters use Madstone Rage on you in the Madstone Crater quest. "Aha, you can't cast spells now, puny Sorc--"
BZZT
<crickets>

Pro tip(I think): If you drag defensive fighting to a hotbar, once you get madstoned, just toggle it, it will get rid of the madstone rage & then just toggle it again.

Note: I have not really played in 3 months, since August 19/20th so someone will have to confirm.

But that is still a good idea regardless, heh! Cheers! :P! :)! :D!

Daneell
12-06-2013, 09:43 AM
Hi,

What feats do you take for 18Sor/2Fvs?
I play 100% on groups so survivability is not that of concern

thesnoman
12-06-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi,

Toughness
Maximize - For Shiradi Procs
Empower - For Shiradi Procs
Extend - For Displacement
Quicken - For Reconstruct/Meteor Swarm

Personal Choices (there will be disagreement here - neither is right - it's about play style)

Mental Toughness
Improved Mental Toughness

Epic Feats:
Great Charisma
Epic Mental Toughness (or Ruin)
Epic Toughness

Epic Destiny Feats:
Epic Spellpower: Force (or Epic Skill Focus: Spellcraft)
Epic Spellpower: Fire (or Hellball)

Gremlin1forged
12-18-2013, 12:06 AM
Just recently made a Bladeforged Sorcerer13/Paladin2 based on your build and am having a blast (pun intended), great build.

Here's the info for what its like at 15th level:

Bladeforged Fire/Air Savant

Level 15 Lawful Good Bladeforged Male
(2 Paladin \ 13 Sorcerer)
Hit Points: 189 (with gear 269)
Spell Points: 1230 (without gear, with gear 1690)
BAB: 8\8\13
Fortitude: 17
Reflex: 9
Will: 14

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 15) (Level 15)
Strength 10 10 10
Dexterity 8 8 8
Constitution 16 16 18
Intelligence 10 10 10
Wisdom 10 10 10
Charisma 18 21 21

Starting Ending Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 15) (Level 15)
Balance -1 -1 -1
Bluff 4 5 5
Concentration 7 22 22
Diplomacy 4 6 6
Disable Device n/a n/a n/a
Haggle 4 5 5
Heal 0 0 0
Hide -1 -1 -1
Intimidate 4 5 5
Jump 0 0 0
Listen 0 0 0
Move Silently -1 -1 -1
Open Lock n/a n/a n/a
Perform n/a n/a n/a
Repair 0 0 1
Search 0 0 0
Spellcraft 2 15 15
Spot 0 0 0
Swim 0 0 0
Tumble n/a n/a n/a
Use Magic Device n/a n/a n/a

Level 1 (Paladin)
Skill: Concentration (+4)
Skill: Spellcraft (+2)
Feat: (Deity) Follower of the Lord of Blades
Feat: (Selected) Toughness

Level 2 (Paladin)
Skill: Concentration (+1)
Skill: Diplomacy (+1)

Level 3 (Sorcerer)
Skill: Spellcraft (+1)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Spell
Spell (1): Magic Missile
Spell (1): Burning Hands

Level 4 (Sorcerer)
Ability Raise: CHA
Spell (1): Grease

Level 5 (Sorcerer)
Spell (1): Repair Light Damage

Level 6 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Spell (2): Scorching Ray

Level 7 (Sorcerer)
Spell (2): Invisibility

Level 8 (Sorcerer)
Spell (3): Displacement

Level 9 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Spell (3): Fireball
Spell (2): Knock

Level 10 (Sorcerer)
Spell (4): Wall of Fire

Level 11 (Sorcerer)
Spell (4): Force Missiles
Spell (3): Lightning Bolt
Spell (2): Scorch

Level 12 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
Spell (5): Ball Lightning

Level 13 (Sorcerer)
Spell (3): Chain Missiles
Spell (4): Stoneskin
Spell (5): Prismatic Ray

Level 14 (Sorcerer)
Spell (6): Reconstruct

Level 15 (Sorcerer)
Feat: (Selected) Spell Focus: Evocation
Spell (6): Chain Lightning
Spell (5): Teleport
Spell (4): Dimension Door
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Warforged Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Improved Fortification (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Warforged Constitution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Mechanist (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Inscribed Armor (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Construct Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Damage Reduction (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Damage Reduction (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Bladeforged - Construct Toughness (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Air Savant (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - One with the Storm (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Air Savant (Sor) - Electrocution (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Savant (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Greater Fire Affinity (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Immolation (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire I (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Conflagration (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Maximize (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire II (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fanning the Flames (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 2)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Efficient Empower (Rank 3)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Penetration (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire III (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Fire Guard (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Spell Critical: Fire IV (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Awaken Elemental Weakness: Fire (Rank 1)
Enhancement: Fire Savant (Sor) - Power of Lightning (Rank 1)

RumbIe
02-14-2014, 12:22 PM
What does an ideal gear setup look like for the air/fire shiradi? I'd love to see it for 20-25 range and then for end game.

Thanks

Finn42
01-13-2015, 03:18 PM
I am looking to make a sharadi sorc:
either a Blade forged 2p/18s (would a 2p/2fvs/16s make any sense for a nuker?) or WF 2fvs/18sorc.

I prefer the nuke than the DC casting tbh.

Any advice, or updated to u21 (harper tree + changes to things) builds?
(going for the adamantiate plating for the TF epic dr docent.)

Thanks, Finn.
edit:
(would be a 34|36 point build, have 1-2 sorc past lives, +1 epic TR favor of the queen thingy.
I am looking for end game builds epic elite lv 28.)

AtomicMew
01-13-2015, 07:11 PM
Check out the following thread for an updated discussion on shiradi sorc builds: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/451283-The-resilient-toasting-toaster/page2

@rumble, don't have an updated gear set at the moment, but mix and match necropolis and thunderholme and it's hard to go wrong :P

majorhavoc
01-15-2015, 10:20 AM
Hi,

I have played dozens of combinations, I prefer the following feat section, based on my play style, which is mass AOE damage, I very rarely solo.

1: Adamantine Body
3: Completionist
6: Empower Spell
9: Maximize Spell
12: Mental Toughness
15: Improved Mental Toughness
18: Toughness
21: Epic Mental Toughness
24: Epic Toughness
26: Epic Spell power: Fire
27: Ruin
28: Hellball

If you don't have completionist I would dump it, Toughness & Epic Toughness, & get Spell Focus & Improved Spell Focus, & Epic Spell Focus.