PDA

View Full Version : 20th Raid Completion End Reward list issue

Cordovan
08-21-2013, 04:29 PM
Raids are not currently offering special End Reward lists every 20th completion. We are working to correct this issue, and will have more information when it is available.

Gratch
08-21-2013, 05:09 PM
Is it currently suggested not to take the random item and wait for the fix before rerunning the raid or will CS be enabled to fix this for people who either didn't realize it was their 20th or those who just took the 20th nonreward since they may want to rerun said raid?

tboner
08-21-2013, 06:38 PM
Raids are not currently offering special End Reward lists every 20th completion. We are working to correct this issue, and will have more information when it is available.

My 2oth shroud worked fine Tuesday the 20th. Maybe just a lucky number?

Ungood
08-21-2013, 07:14 PM
My 2oth shroud worked fine Tuesday the 20th. Maybe just a lucky number?

Did you get a stack of +3 tomes and a cleansing stone, or was it ingredients and a cleansing stone?

Because iirc, cleansing stones and yellow dophant are now random chance to be any shroud end reward.

tboner
08-21-2013, 07:43 PM
Did you get a stack of +3 tomes and a cleansing stone, or was it ingredients and a cleansing stone?

Because iirc, cleansing stones and yellow dophant are now random chance to be any shroud end reward.

choice of any + 2 tome, cleansing stone, and dopant. Seems to point to today's hotfix as the cause - even though reward lists shouldn't have needed to be touched based on what they say they fixed.

Cordovan
08-21-2013, 08:31 PM
Is it currently suggested not to take the random item and wait for the fix before rerunning the raid or will CS be enabled to fix this for people who either didn't realize it was their 20th or those who just took the 20th nonreward since they may want to rerun said raid?

If you've already completed your 20th raid completion, you may be out of luck. Sorry!

Drwaz99
08-21-2013, 08:53 PM
you may be out of luck. Sorry!

We are, I was basically scolded when I called support today about how any sort of compensation for this kind of bug is "impossible".

Ungood
08-21-2013, 09:33 PM
choice of any + 2 tome, cleansing stone, and dopant. Seems to point to today's hotfix as the cause - even though reward lists shouldn't have needed to be touched based on what they say they fixed.

mushrooms and doors man.. mushrooms and doors...

Mephisto-Helix
08-22-2013, 12:24 AM
Spend money to buy MotU
Run raid 20 times
Get screwed by Turbine bug
Get told sorry, you're out of luck
Profit

Awesome way of doing business .......

MeliCat
08-22-2013, 03:25 AM
Hope this one gets fixed soon. It worries me that there are people out there who don't read the forums who this issue will really bite.

A lot of us really really count on these 20th completions as we have little to no hope of the raid loot we want any other way.

I guess a good thing to do would be to write in an lfm of a raid "Beware if it's your 20th /quest completions".

Please tell me that this is high on the agenda to fix?

dell44
08-22-2013, 06:31 AM
So first we had the hotfix to fix the update and now we need another fix to fix the hotfix!
Way to go Turbine.
When was the last update that didn't need a hotfix immediately after?

PNellesen
08-22-2013, 06:56 AM

Since it's not something that benefits the players... I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Dilbon
08-22-2013, 07:15 AM
We are, I was basically scolded when I called support today about how any sort of compensation for this kind of bug is "impossible".

20 raid bypass tokens isn't that impossible to give as a compensation.

Cordovan
08-22-2013, 09:17 AM
Hope this one gets fixed soon. It worries me that there are people out there who don't read the forums who this issue will really bite.

A lot of us really really count on these 20th completions as we have little to no hope of the raid loot we want any other way.

I guess a good thing to do would be to write in an lfm of a raid "Beware if it's your 20th /quest completions".

We have put this in the launcher as well, to try to catch folks who don't read our social sites or forums. We're working to resolve this issue as soon as possible, probably in an upcoming patch.

Cleanincubus
08-22-2013, 11:04 AM
We have put this in the launcher as well, to try to catch folks who don't read our social sites or forums. We're working to resolve this issue as soon as possible, probably in an upcoming patch.

Not sure about other people's launchers, but mine is automatically scrolled down when it starts up, so newer news is never shown until I scroll up. :(

Gratch
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM

If it's worth putting in the launcher it's probably worth hotfixing instead of the slower patch cycle.

Drwaz99
08-22-2013, 11:41 AM
20 raid bypass tokens isn't that impossible to give as a compensation.

I should probably clafy my statement. They did refund a number of RTB's. But it was like pulling teeth with a model railroad set. I got the run around, had to jump thru hoops and finally I was able to get some refunded. But afterwards I got the "Just so you know, this won't happen ever again. We cannot refund items consumed due to in-game bugs". That's almost a direct quote. My take on it is: Turbine offers RTB's in part to accelerate the process of getting to 20th end rewards. If I show a history of buying RTB's and if the 20th end rewards are broken due to no fault of my own, then some sort of compensation would be the appropriate thing for Turbine to do. So they have to? Nope. But it's the right things to do, especially since it costs them ZERO money to grant me a couple of virtual items. Goodwill goes a long way.

My original statement was in response to Cordovan's comment that there may not be anything they can do in-game regarding the loot. I was stating only what was told to me, that they never have and never will do anythign regarding items. (First CSR I talked to before being hung-up on) I sure they could do something, but for whatever reason choose not to. (Which is their right too)

Ssyzyil
08-22-2013, 09:29 PM
Well, thanks loads, Turbine... all those days spent getting to my 20th CITW, and I get nothing for it. Awesome way of doing business with your players. I guess it's time to go find a game where players are a valuable commodity.

BOgre
08-22-2013, 09:57 PM
If you've already completed your 20th raid completion, you may be out of luck. Sorry!

I don't have any stake in this, yet, but "Sorry" is a terrible answer. Never ever EVER come on here and tell the customers you're supposed to be championing that they're just plain out of luck. Instead, tell us you're going to look into having a team scour the logs, find all those affected by this heinous injustice, and issue them a great big TP reward, or a "Gem of CITW 20th" which will bring up a barter box with a brand new list of rewards.

Make things right, not make things worse.

Ssyzyil
08-22-2013, 10:44 PM
Addendum to my earlier post... I should have noted that my 20th CITW was run on the evening of Aug 20, a day before Turbine posted information about this bug. Don't believe me? Check the logs for my ranger, Caprial... check the raid timer on her... check the date/time stamp on the trouble ticket I submitted (it's #2985221).

Turbine, you need to do right by your customers. This is not the first time I've lost equipment/inventory/loot due to bugs, but it's the first time I've been aggravated enough to create a forum account, just to make a public appeal for those of us that have been affected by such bugs. If you can't see fit to make a decent, fair, ethical response to your players, they won't remain your players for long.

shibe
08-23-2013, 06:54 AM

So since the two hot fixes, patches and other downtime has this been fixed?

Rubbinns
08-23-2013, 07:01 AM
Would be nice to know. Nearing on 40th and 80th between 2 of my guys. Waiting until I know it's safe to go buy bunch of bypasses and run them up. No Cleaver, yet sadly I pulled everything else ever, passed lots of duplicates. All in all about a named every 7-8 runs.Good Luck on your loot.

Cordovan
08-23-2013, 07:33 AM
This issue has not been fixed. We're currently targeting a fix for this in the next patch, but will keep this thread updated once things are more solidly known.

Hutoth
08-23-2013, 02:28 PM
This issue has not been fixed. We're currently targeting a fix for this in the next patch, but will keep this thread updated once things are more solidly known.

When's the patch expected to drop? A week? A month?

Pinkandwhite
08-23-2013, 02:56 PM

round and round we go, when this will be fixed no one knows....

jwelch
08-23-2013, 03:18 PM

http://i.imgur.com/yc1b4Wa.gif

shibe
08-23-2013, 03:54 PM

Exactly. Can we have something more specific? It's an important part of game play. It's why I didn't TR and sat at lvl 25 for 3 months.

Ballyspringer
08-23-2013, 07:01 PM
retracted, I still agree with what I put but don't need to clutter the forums with it

Aviya
08-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Can you guys fix the barbarian rage issue with toggle stances with the upcoming patch please? When using rage Barbarians loose any stance except for power attack.
it's very silly and annoing and need a fix urgently

Kyrt_Zero
08-24-2013, 07:09 PM
Hello, those whining about not getting compensated for this.

Maybe I'm lust too laid back, but this doesn't bother me enough to scream, yell, cry like a baby, and call Turbine names about it. Bugs and glitches are a normal MMO occurrence, especially right after a big expansion level update.

If you completed your 20th run without noticing the note about the 20th completions or before Turbine was made aware of it, tough tamale. Get over it. Work on a low level alt or something in the meantime or something.

They said they're working on it, and that's good enough for me.

All that said and done, please fix it ASAP, Turbine. I know you guys are working as hard as you can on this stuff, but I really want to start running raids again.

ZeebaNeighba
08-24-2013, 08:31 PM
While you're at it you could make every item in the raid drop on 20ths :)

Ya know, because that feeling of running it 20 times and still being screwed over kinda sucks?

Stoner81
08-24-2013, 09:50 PM
While you're at it you could make every item in the raid drop on 20ths :)

Ya know, because that feeling of running it 20 times and still being screwed over kinda sucks?

Tell me about it! I still can't pull Pinion!

Stoner81.

Ballyspringer
08-25-2013, 10:45 AM
Hello, those whining about not getting compensated for this.

Maybe I'm lust too laid back, but this doesn't bother me enough to scream, yell, cry like a baby, and call Turbine names about it. Bugs and glitches are a normal MMO occurrence, especially right after a big expansion level update.

If you completed your 20th run without noticing the note about the 20th completions or before Turbine was made aware of it, tough tamale. Get over it. Work on a low level alt or something in the meantime or something.

They said they're working on it, and that's good enough for me.

All that said and done, please fix it ASAP, Turbine. I know you guys are working as hard as you can on this stuff, but I really want to start running raids again.

I'm a pretty laid back guy myself. Why this bugs me is it's clearly a systems issue and based on history (although who knows what will happen) the powers that be in the game (and not Cordovan or a GM as they don't make the decisions they're just stuck trying to explain them) typically decide well yes it's our fault but so sad too bad we won't do anything about it even though the cost to us to re-roll a loot list is minimal.

I understand if you took an item from your loot list already you can be SOL because trying to go through logs to determine who was effected would be a nightmare and a large manpower investment and not worth it, but if you still have the incorrect loot list up without taking anything having that re-rolled shouldn't be hard at all.

Secondly even with using the occasional bypass it can take months to get another 20th list, meanwhile your stuck with a toon in a build you may no longer like while you're waiting for X item to TR (even though yes I know it's not a guarantee to get X item on a list). If they didn't re-roll your list (which would be the easiest in my non-technical mind) and they even made it so you just had to run the raid 1 more time for a new list it wouldn't be a problem, but again based on history that doesn't happen, typically it's "ok we fixed it now run it another 20 times".

If they do decide to re-roll lists or another option that doesn't involve having to run it another 20 times than I'll eat my words and say I was wrong, (or even giving 20 raid bypasses to get another list quickly) but based on history I'm not holding my breath.

ZeebaNeighba
08-25-2013, 10:57 AM
Tell me about it! I still can't pull Pinion!

Stoner81.Yes that's exactly what I had in mind with that post...

That and I didn't get my abbot quiver until my 40th, but I like abbot and find web a tedious waste of 50 minutes.

Superhik
08-25-2013, 11:17 AM
The occurrence of this bug is a perfect opportunity to implement a fix as advised by the actual players while coding around it.
If so many things witnessed a change in so many areas of the game mechanics, why can't it be done with raid end reward lists. They have already griefed too many people too many times as it is.

Rubbinns
08-25-2013, 03:14 PM
Don't worry, I'm sure they'll fix this, somehow. And it will probably involve astral shards to bypass a completion.

The_Rev09
08-26-2013, 08:39 AM
Exactly. Can we have something more specific? It's an important part of game play. It's why I didn't TR and sat at lvl 25 for 3 months.

Bump!

Cordovan
08-26-2013, 08:57 AM
I cannot yet provide a more specific time frame for when our next patch will be, but we're hoping to bring it out soon.

Aviya
08-26-2013, 12:55 PM
I cannot yet provide a more specific time frame for when our next patch will be, but we're hoping to bring it out soon.

Hope it will address barbarian rage detoggle stances as well as raids
It's very silly that a class cannot use a lot of stances and feats in the game because of that bug.

EllisDee37
08-27-2013, 01:59 AM
Raids are not currently offering special End Reward lists every 20th completion. We are working to correct this issue, and will have more information when it is available. Does this bug affect LoB 10th lists too?

Shinjiteru
08-27-2013, 03:09 AM
Hope it will address barbarian rage detoggle stances as well as raids
It's very silly that a class cannot use a lot of stances and feats in the game because of that bug.

I think you should be a bit more specific which stances get canceled since it might be the devs/gms in the forum don't know about this bug yet. And I am very sure that barbarian rage shall cancel at least some stances e.g. defensive fighting.

And I think the easiest solution to give everyone his 20th completion back is some item for everyone which you can be traded in for a 20th raid completion list of your choice. Though I am not sure if this is really an easy solution for the programmers or even possible with the current code of ddo.

BOgre
08-27-2013, 09:54 AM
And I think the easiest solution to give everyone his 20th completion back is some item for everyone which you can be traded in for a 20th raid completion list of your choice. Though I am not sure if this is really an easy solution for the programmers or even possible with the current code of ddo.

It would be simple. I suggested giving an item exactly like the Birthday Cake. Click, barter box, 20th list, done. Code exists. Simply (or not so simply) requires doing a db view for all characters with a 20th completion since u19.

A motivated staffer could have this done in a day. A week max.

Cordovan
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Does this bug affect LoB 10th lists too?

Yes.

Drwaz99
08-27-2013, 10:40 AM
It would be simple. I suggested giving an item exactly like the Birthday Cake. Click, barter box, 20th list, done. Code exists. Simply (or not so simply) requires doing a db view for all characters with a 20th completion since u19.

A motivated staffer could have this done in a day. A week max.

This would be suburb. And would be a great gesture or goodwill. Which means it will never happen.

Aviya
08-27-2013, 12:42 PM
I think you should be a bit more specific which stances get canceled since it might be the devs/gms in the forum don't know about this bug yet. And I am very sure that barbarian rage shall cancel at least some stances e.g. defensive fighting.
Precision, precise shot and improved precise shot are all detoggled when a barbarian enters his/her rage.

EllisDee37
08-27-2013, 01:22 PM
Yes.Okay, good to know. Thanks much for the head's up.

dTarkanan
08-27-2013, 07:35 PM

Anyone know if this will effect 20th lists previously generated before update? I didn't have inventory space for one of my 20ths so it went unclaimed, I'm not sure if speaking to a NPC will generate a new loot list because of loot table changes or not.

Shinjiteru
08-27-2013, 07:44 PM
Precision, precise shot and improved precise shot are all detoggled when a barbarian enters his/her rage.

I am not sure how the developers think about that but I'd say this is working as intended and not a bug. When you are in rage it's hard to be precise.

Artecon
08-28-2013, 07:51 AM
Anyone know if this will effect 20th lists previously generated before update? I didn't have inventory space for one of my 20ths so it went unclaimed, I'm not sure if speaking to a NPC will generate a new loot list because of loot table changes or not.

I can tell you that I looked at my 20th before the update but didn't claim. I checked it again after the update and it was the same list. Not sure if you didn't check before the update though.

Aviya
08-28-2013, 09:30 AM
I am not sure how the developers think about that but I'd say this is working as intended and not a bug. When you are in rage it's hard to be precise.
First of all the devs already stated in the known issues for up 19 that such a thing is a bug and not WAI.
Second: entering barbariAn rage boost your concentration a will saves and your to-hit bonus (so that you become more precise to hit mobs) because you are more focused on your purpose: kill stuff
Just like when you see an hero furious because his maid was kidnapped. His rage will give him the maximum determination and precision to destroy his enemy.
Third: Precise shot and IPS and Precision have always worked with barbarian rage as it should.

Ballyspringer
08-29-2013, 01:31 PM

Hey Cordovan,

So now that the 20th completions are fixed, what about us who still have random generated loot showing for our 20th completion lists? Any fix or action we can take to have this issue correted?

Thanks

danotmano1998
08-29-2013, 01:55 PM
From the recent posts, this isn't fixed yet, just broken in a new way.

Alistina
08-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Searched through the release notes and the forums, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

As I understand, counters for epic raids/ epic+heroic raids are messed up. What about the non epic ones, like shroud. Are we getting the 20th completion reward list for shroud now?

Alistina
08-31-2013, 02:44 PM
Searched through the release notes and the forums, but couldn't find a definitive answer.

As I understand, counters for epic raids/ epic+heroic raids are messed up. What about the non epic ones, like shroud. Are we getting the 20th completion reward list for shroud now?

Would really appreciate have a dev answer this. There is information all over on epic raids, but nothing on heroic.

I'm pretty sure no player would risk doing a herioc completion at this point to find out the answer, including me. For the first time in 1.5 yrs I have had to stop playing the game, since I prepd all my toons to TR right after the expansion, and just needed to get one or 2 20th completions before I do so. Now I'm stuck till this is fixed. It was promised that it will be taken care of in the patch, now that the patch is out, there is no word about this anywhere, the release notes are ambiguous and its disappointing to get no response from the dev team.

Sorry for the rant, its the first time I'v done it on the forums I suppose. But I would really like to get back to the game, and I have no idea whether this is fixed or not.

NaturalHazard
09-05-2013, 01:15 AM
well i was on 19 citw completions, the display bug occured put me at -1 heroic and 20 epic completions, I saw another post stating that its a display error and im really at 19 and should now get my list, right now ive completed my 20th run and elminster only has vendor trash for me. Good times, should of known not to go ahead with it. *sigh*.

BOgre
09-05-2013, 01:38 AM
So apparently 'they' have learndeded their lesson, and won't comment unless they know what 'they' are talking about... but really... ain't it about time they knew something? At the very least some confirmation that GMs have clear instructions to actually help, as promised??? Yes? No?

Ballyspringer
09-09-2013, 04:08 PM
If they do decide to re-roll lists or another option that doesn't involve having to run it another 20 times than I'll eat my words and say I was wrong, (or even giving 20 raid bypasses to get another list quickly) but based on history I'm not holding my breath.

Eating my words, GM was able to reset my epic completions for CiTW to 19 (now showing heroic 1 / epic 19) so I should be able to run it again and get a 20th list. Thank you

dell44
09-10-2013, 12:43 PM
Now three weeks since this issue was created.
Any news yet on a fix that will work?