PDA

View Full Version : WF wizard and the new enh system: looking for help

redoubt
08-20-2013, 06:33 PM
I have a WF wizard that was a DC caster who collected a bit of dust since U18. I took a look at the enhancement options for him and I'm really not sure what a good way to go would be.

The WF enhancements are minimally good for a caster.

Archmage has a some good stuff and you can spend a chunk of points there, but then there is a lot left.

How does PM stack on a WF? Can you use PM stuff to supplement an archmage? Can a WF even be a PM? In form are you undead or WF? Does repair work on a WF in form? (As I'm sure you can tell, I've never played a PM.)

Thanks for the help.

Hirosue
08-22-2013, 08:06 AM
I have a WF wizard that was a DC caster who collected a bit of dust since U18. I took a look at the enhancement options for him and I'm really not sure what a good way to go would be.

The WF enhancements are minimally good for a caster.

Archmage has a some good stuff and you can spend a chunk of points there, but then there is a lot left.

How does PM stack on a WF? Can you use PM stuff to supplement an archmage? Can a WF even be a PM? In form are you undead or WF? Does repair work on a WF in form? (As I'm sure you can tell, I've never played a PM.)

Thanks for the help.

Archmagi received a big shafting with the enhancement pass. Specifically you can no longer get multiple archmagi spell schools. I wonder if this was an over sight or if they ran out of time as I notice that Sorcs can be savant in 2 schools so long as they are not opposed. Most players would take at least 2 spell focus if they were archmagi. It was a very fun way to play.

My favourite caster is thus no more .My favourite build probably since I played DDO only coming second to my human divine healer cleric 9 /1 rog from ancient times. I still wince at the memory of the nerf to divine healing.

Pre enhancement pass. Warforged Archmagi

SF+GSF Feats - illusion - gave invisi / blur /displace / and pk. crazy high DC due to archmagi bonuses
Sf feat- conjuration - gave grease and web
SF +GSF feats- evocation - gave magic missile /gust of wind /chain missile /fire and cold shield

So i had a charater that could insta kill extremely well with Pk, could buff the party/himself very cheaply with blur displace and invisi and he could do great crowd control with webs not forgetting dps in the form of shiradi epic destiny and missle spells.

Awsome , fun build.

All of the above were maximised enlarged heightened empowered quickened for free as they were SLAs

Post enhancement pass you can only choose 1 spell school which isnt anywhere close as much fun as it used to be.. Having done so you are then left with a load of APs which you put into PM.

Archmagi really got shafted.

To answer your question Wf can be PM just as well as fleshies. In form you are undead.

under the new system i cannt be bothered to play him.