PDA

View Full Version : Bind to Account on Acquire + Bind to Character On Equip for Raid Loot

TheKeeper1981
08-17-2013, 03:11 PM
Here's a scenario that might seem familiar to you:

You've successfully completed a raid with your group, and lo and behold, as you look into the chest, you find exactly the item you have been looking for, for so long... for another of your toons. Your head hits the desk in frustration, and because the item is useless to your current toon, you sadly put the item up for roll. 50-100 runs later on the alternate toon, you're still desperately searching for that item you had gotten on your first toon, so close, yet so far away.

I do understand the idea behind BtC on Acquire for raid loot, but situations, like those, make me wince for the players who have a tendency to experience the above scenario. So I got to thinking, why not have two binding functions on raid loot: BtA on Acquire, then BtC on Equip. This way, you still get the same effect of not being able to use the same raid item for different toons, but this makes trying to obtain the item a whole lot less frustrating. In addition, it allows more flexibility in PuG raids, making people less reluctant to switch to a toon with a class more needed than the one they already are on, rather than just causing the group to break up in frustration, because they can't get that one class they need to join their PuG.

Anyhoo, this is just an idea. I can pretty much see some people objecting, as this means others who pull what they want won't put the item up for roll, but I think this could be a good thing, in the long run, despite this. Thanks for reading, either way.

Uska
08-18-2013, 12:31 PM
I might have gone along with this idea before the shard auction house but since you can put bind to account items there this idea would kill most sharing of items in raids.