PDA

View Full Version : Update Regarding Connection Issues from August 3rd-5th

Tolero
08-05-2013, 12:57 PM
Update 8/8/2013 3:31 AM - There has been a resurgence of this issue, and we highly recommend players explore the workarounds described below...

We have performed a thorough investigation of all our services, hardware, and datacenter connections since Saturday afternoon. After reviewing traceroute data from players, we have identified a broader internet issue with data routing external to our servers and networks. This morning we received word that one of our affiliated connection providers is taking steps to re-route services around certain areas of the internet that are experiencing issues. We believe this to be the root cause of the reported issues.

Their work may take some time to propagate through the internet in general. If you are able to, take advantage of the temporary workarounds to use an alternate connection method (such as VPNs, tethered cellular, or acquiring a new IP address from your ISP) - any alternate internet connection that does not happen to route through the cached network paths from your existing provider. This may allow some of you to enter the game until such time as this rerouting and propagation completes.

We appreciate the efforts by those who discovered workarounds, other reports of similar issues elsewhere on the 'net, and all of you who submitted tickets detailing your issues and locations and other requested data. (Please also keep in mind that this issue is not the same as the issue that causes some users to need to log in twice before they can connect.)

unacceptable
08-05-2013, 01:04 PM
A big thank you to the team for working on this all weekend. You did great detective work and the regular updates were appreciated.

And you were even gracious not to point the finger at Cogent and Verizon.

Stoner81
08-05-2013, 01:37 PM
Awesome Tolero thanks for the update, fortunatley the log in issues didn't affect me but thanks for keeping people up to date and informed with how things are going :)

Stoner81.

zwiebelring
08-05-2013, 02:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jScuYd3_xdQ

The time without DDO was like....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQO-aOdJLiw

Cyndder
08-05-2013, 02:15 PM
I know a lot of people were up in arms over this weekend; I for one would like to thank the Turbine team for sticking with the troubleshooting and as I am one of many who contributed information I am glad to hear it was valuable in getting a resolution.

Thanks again for all the support over the weekend in getting a resolution.

hp1055cm
Thanks for the update and the explanation. Hopefully the problem is resolved.
I am encouraged by good news from others and look forward to playing again later this evening.

cnynridr2
Thanks for all the hard work!!! I can't wait to get off work and get my DDO Fix with friends.

HernandoCortez
08-05-2013, 02:41 PM
Thanks Tolero. Now can we discuss an extra loot/xp week for those who were unable to play and missed it? Expansion is coming, would be nice to get extra xp to prepare our toons for it.

die
08-05-2013, 02:46 PM
So, unless you are techy.. and I am not im just out of luck until when ever.

moomooprincess
08-05-2013, 02:50 PM
Of course, I see this AFTER I posted mine in the general chat. I thought the stuff at the top of the service news was just stickied stuff.

Overall, a good learning experience.

Too bad I was one of those on the wrong end of the deal, but not having any connectivity issues is way better than what I had Saturday, Sunday, and this morning.

Thanks to all the people that were wearing their fireman hats Saturday and Sunday at Turbine.

chark5
08-05-2013, 03:06 PM
Must have been a tough one to noodle out - debugging the routers out there, you've probably improved the entire internet for everyone!

Lizardgrad89
08-05-2013, 03:41 PM
A big thank you to the team for working on this all weekend. You did great detective work and the regular updates were appreciated.

And you were even gracious not to point the finger at Cogent and Verizon.

Or AT&T.

Urjak
08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
*snip*

We appreciate the efforts by those who discovered workarounds, other reports of similar issues elsewhere on the 'net, and all of you who submitted tickets detailing your issues and locations and other requested data. (Please also keep in mind that this issue is not the same as the issue that causes some users to need to log in twice before they can connect.)

Cool! :)

and .. any new of when this annoying bug with the double login will get fixed? (hopefully soonish? pretty please :))

Mahiya
08-05-2013, 03:50 PM
It is not turbines fault. It's a good example of professionalism when a company not at fault does not base their expression on a pointed finger.

WYLDST0RM
08-05-2013, 04:19 PM

Ditto!

WYLDST0RM
08-05-2013, 04:22 PM
Their work may take some time to propagate through the internet in general. If you are able to, take advantage of the temporary workarounds to use an alternate connection method (such as VPNs, tethered cellular, or acquiring a new IP address from your ISP)

So how do we get another IP address? Call our internet provider & ask for one?

Cyndder
08-05-2013, 04:32 PM

Not quite; one of the fixes--which I finally tried this morning before the service provider fix was in place was the Cyberghost VPN. You have to create an account as part of the setup, but you do not need to give them an e-mail address. Once it is started it will give you a new VPN IP address; start your game up...and it will run through the VPN. IT is a very easy install; the software finds you a connection server and will walk you through it. Once your connection is restored/working correctly you can simply uninstall the cyberghost software...or leave it in place; but turned off...for the futre...totally up to you.

There are others out there but this one is low-tech as far as installing goes....and can be used for free.

dTarkanan
08-05-2013, 05:19 PM
We have performed a thorough investigation of all our services, hardware, and datacenter connections since Saturday

Any chance of extending the DDO bonus days for the poor sods who weren't able to login?

Rakuda13
08-05-2013, 05:48 PM
Not quite; one of the fixes--which I finally tried this morning before the service provider fix was in place was the Cyberghost VPN. You have to create an account as part of the setup, but you do not need to give them an e-mail address. Once it is started it will give you a new VPN IP address; start your game up...and it will run through the VPN. IT is a very easy install; the software finds you a connection server and will walk you through it. Once your connection is restored/working correctly you can simply uninstall the cyberghost software...or leave it in place; but turned off...for the futre...totally up to you.

There are others out there but this one is low-tech as far as installing goes....and can be used for free.

So what does this do to the rest of my PC? How is it going to affect everything else i need to do on my pc? IS it going to try and find a connection server everytime i want to check anything else on the web?

Im not techy at all but I did run a simple website and i could block IP addresses with that website. So it seems if Turbine is blocking my IP address then they could simply add my IP address to a list of OK IP addresses.

I can log in this morning,but will look into cyberghost software,but I dont really see anywhere that Turbine is saying what program is safe for me to use. So if i download this cyberghost software and it crashes my PC who is responsible? Oh Me of course.

Mahiya
08-05-2013, 06:10 PM
I can log in this morning,but will look into cyberghost software,but I dont really see anywhere that Turbine is saying what program is safe for me to use. So if i download this cyberghost software and it crashes my PC who is responsible? Oh Me of course.

I practice websearching for reviews before I download pretty much anything.

LhazaarCorl
08-05-2013, 07:05 PM

These assume your connection uses DHCP. If you have an assigned IP, ignore this post. Also, if these hints don't make it clear what to do, then don't try them.

If you have a router between your computer and your internet connection device (cable modem, DSL modem, etc), you would log into the router and renew the WAN IP address. Since there are many different routers, you would need to read your router's documentation.

If you don't have a router, not even one built into the internet connection device, you would go to a command prompt to renew the DHCP address of your computer. For Windows, this is "ipconfig /renew", assuming you have only one network connection on your computer.

Maewynne
08-05-2013, 07:09 PM
Tell the team thanks for all the hard work this weekend!

Alistina
08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Thank you to everyone who worked on finding a solution for this, the Turbine team and even players who came up with the work around! :)

HernandoCortez
08-05-2013, 08:41 PM
It is not turbines fault. It's a good example of professionalism when a company not at fault does not base their expression on a pointed finger.

Indeed. +1 to Turbine on this one.

Tscheuss
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM

Sometimes it is as easy as turning off your router for a little bit, then turning it back on.

Philibusta
08-05-2013, 10:22 PM
Many thanks to all the folks at Turbine who worked their arses off this weekend trying to find the cause for and a fix for this problem. Especially cause it wasn't Turbine's fault to begin with. I didn't experience the issues myself, but I know many people did. Thanks for jumping on this like you did, Turbine team! :)

Also thanks to all the players that contributed info (tracert routes and the like) to help get this problem figured out. Looks like the Turbine community (the people that are actually AT Turbine, AND the players) pulled together! +1 for unity! :)

Cyndder
08-06-2013, 12:22 AM
So what does this do to the rest of my PC? How is it going to affect everything else i need to do on my pc? IS it going to try and find a connection server everytime i want to check anything else on the web?

Im not techy at all but I did run a simple website and i could block IP addresses with that website. So it seems if Turbine is blocking my IP address then they could simply add my IP address to a list of OK IP addresses.

Nobody can tell you with 100% certainty that any piece of software is 100% safe for every application. All I can tell you is I tried it before the routes got changed and it worked around the issue and allowed me to log into my primary server. I would tell anyone to do your own research as it is your machine. IF you don't trust the software don't install it...your call. Being a non-techie I tried to give you a potential solution using software I have tried (yes I am techie) so it took me a few hours at looking at reviews of the software and what it required before I added it to one of my machines...so I'm responsible for the machine I installed it on. Did I test the firewall with every application on my system...no...I just tried it with ddo. You can turn it off and do all of your other activity without having to use the VPN. IT is an option and it is your choice to make.

WYLDST0RM
08-06-2013, 03:04 AM
Thanks very much 4 the quick response & i did the ipconfig /renew thing so lets hope it works. Ill keep ya posted.

Uska
08-06-2013, 03:32 AM
My whole local area had internet issues all Day Sunday and until eary monday morning.

Erofen
08-06-2013, 01:17 PM
It is already Tuesday and have not been able to log in since Saturday. Cyberghost VPN service thing did not work. Still getting the error message:

An update Error occurred:

Failed to load patchclient [Cannot load library patchclient:
The specified module could not be found.]

If anyone knows a working solution to this please help. I have been trying to run Crystal Cove, Help a Friend level to 20, and get some other things done ingame.

Located in Flower Mound, Texas if that helps at all.

Erofen
08-06-2013, 01:23 PM
Trying the Backup Folder Copy Thing again to try and fix it.

Erofen
08-06-2013, 01:25 PM
Oh my goodness it seems to be working this time! XD

Time to get my DDO on! :D

Samir_Bennal
08-06-2013, 06:19 PM
Can't connect here. Click launcher. Just says waiting on connect. Been like that for 2 days now. Fresh install of game on fresh install of OS.

Graskitch
08-08-2013, 01:30 AM
any chance of extending cove for just a bit, after these login issues? =D

Tolero
08-08-2013, 02:59 AM
Ooookay so it appears that it's flaring up again. Our datacenter team is going to try something creative to try and help more players get around it from our end. If I can get some more tech savy volunteers who are having trouble to PM me updated traceroutes again, I can collect them together and forward them over so they can work their magic. Thank you so much for your patience everyone, I know this is a super confusing issue.

...incidentally I think this is the first time in the years that I've been here where the culprit of a problem was "teh interntez" (as opposed to software, hardware, lightening, or bears).

Tscheuss
08-08-2013, 03:16 AM
I have no trouble in game, but was getting 502 Bad Gateway in forum for past 15-20 min. Working well now, obviously. :)

Tolero
08-08-2013, 03:17 AM
I have no trouble in game, but was getting 502 Bad Gateway in forum for past 15-20 min. Working well now, obviously. :)

Yeah we saw that here too. We don't think it was related, just very poor timing of two separate things =/

Tscheuss
08-08-2013, 03:22 AM
Yeah we saw that here too. We don't think it was related, just very poor timing of two separate things =/

Could be. My tracert before and after are different.

DelverRootnose1
08-08-2013, 03:24 AM
...am not all that tech savy but the tracerout crapped out at exactly the same place as last time. At exactly 3:15 am Chicago time which makes me think someone undid the DNS changes done to get around this issue last time.

sir_smacks_alot
08-08-2013, 03:27 AM
Is it possible for those of us with connection issues to get some kind of compensation in game? Doesn't have to be anything really big. Maybe a one time bit of xp, or some little shiny that says thank you for your support and patience with connection issues. Some of us like myself lost connection from Saturday all the way through Monday. I had a guildy who couldn't get on from Saturday to Tuesday. Now Wednesday I got crippling lag then kicked off again and can't get on. That should be at least some sort of bonus :D

Either way thank you to turbine staff for posting, working on the game and making it possible for us all.

DelverRootnose1
08-08-2013, 03:29 AM
...My friend Kazarach on the Khyber server I can't join them. They are waiting for me.

sir_smacks_alot
08-08-2013, 03:33 AM
I would certainly tell kaz for you if I could get on . Sadly I can't get on Khyber either :(

DelverRootnose1
08-08-2013, 03:35 AM
Update 8/8/2013 3:31 AM - There has been a resurgence of this issue, and we highly recommend players explore the workarounds described below...

We have performed a thorough investigation of all our services, hardware, and datacenter connections since Saturday afternoon. After reviewing traceroute data from players, we have identified a broader internet issue with data routing external to our servers and networks. This morning we received word that one of our affiliated connection providers is taking steps to re-route services around certain areas of the internet that are experiencing issues. We believe this to be the root cause of the reported issues.

Their work may take some time to propagate through the internet in general. If you are able to, take advantage of the temporary workarounds to use an alternate connection method (such as VPNs, tethered cellular, or acquiring a new IP address from your ISP) - any alternate internet connection that does not happen to route through the cached network paths from your existing provider. This may allow some of you to enter the game until such time as this rerouting and propagation completes.

While I LOVE the game I am not all that tech savy and don't plan on going through loops to play. And I bet I am not alone so as a VIP I would suggest if you want people to keep paying for your product it would be incumbent on you to fix the problem.

This is sort of like a truck being stalled in front of your business blocking your driveway. Not your fault but telling people just to part blocks away and walk will not have the effects you probably desire.

sir_smacks_alot
08-08-2013, 04:06 AM
I tried the VPN fix. This approach helped on Monday, but is not working for me this time. I suppose I should do this strange thing people are always telling me about called sleep now. Hope we get some sort of fix or workaround soon.

Drenzilla
08-08-2013, 05:25 AM
So i had my hopes up and got logged in. YAY. Then i got into the game quite smoothly (on my second try). YAY. only to find that i cant enter any quests without DCing.. T_T

Try to log back in only to find i cant log back in because my fps gets stuck at 53/54 right after character selection and just keeps jumping back and fort between the 2.

It seems that after 20 or so minutes i can try logging back in without 53/54 happening. but i cant do anything but pick my nose in game anyway.

moomooprincess
08-08-2013, 07:22 AM
If I have to run a tracert every day to see if ALTER.NET is in my path, well, I can skip doing that.

Somehow, the third party vendor has to dump alter.net from everyone's paths. I highly doubt Verizon will do anything about it. After all, the profits they make from the one server is minimal. More than likely negligible.

Anyone know if the kids of the execs play?

Lowell McAdam
Francis Shammo
Randall Milch
John Stratton
Daniel Meade

sarig99
08-08-2013, 07:23 AM
This is almost absolutely a DDO specific issue. For most of the night I was online and playing my primary toon (on Thelanis) without problems. Then I DC'd with that toon and spent about 20 min trying to get back in. I logged into an alternate account without problems, then back into that account and that toon and was able to get in without problems. I played for about 2 more hours. Then I DC'd again. This time I was completely unable to get back in using that toon, but different toons on the same (or different) account on the same or different servers were able to get logged in and play without problems. Just this one toon was having problems.
Now several hours and another trouble ticket later, I'm completely unable to connect using my primary account. If I resort to my daughter's account on the same system, using the same router and connecting to the same server, I have no problem.

IF the issue were truly routing related, then it would affect every toon on this system going to that same server. It wouldn't be specific to a DDO account since the routing path is stored at the ISP level (per previous posts from Devs). I'm a VIP and becoming VERY frustrated with this issue. Please get this resolved today.

Thanks,
Tired and Frustrated

PrdPolack1307
08-08-2013, 07:30 AM
Have had more problems, usually associated with going into or out of the Marketplace.

The issues were not with all my characters on the server, I could still play normally on a couple, but not all of my characters. However, if I went into the Marketplace, I 'lost' the character to the 'void' and had to restart client to get back to character screen, to choose a different one to play. At no time was I 'totally' shut out of a character to play, there was always 1 or 2 that would play, therefore, It is as stated above, a DDO specific error, and might be connected witht something in the Marketplace instances (whether or not it is connected to the asinine Crystal Cove, I leave that to you to investigate).

Steiner-Davion
08-08-2013, 07:32 AM
While I LOVE the game I am not all that tech savy and don't plan on going through loops to play. And I bet I am not alone so as a VIP I would suggest if you want people to keep paying for your product it would be incumbent on you to fix the problem.

This is sort of like a truck being stalled in front of your business blocking your driveway. Not your fault but telling people just to part blocks away and walk will not have the effects you probably desire.

Apparently, you cannot comprehend what she said. There is nothing wrong with things on Turbine's end. In plain simple terms "Part of the internet is broke" It is a akin to when a storm comes through and knocks down all the electric transmission lines and you loose power to your home and community. What Tolero has suggested is akin to you or any business having a emergency generator. IF you don't then you will just have to deal with it and wait.

Besides do you really think Tolero enjoyed getting up at 3:30 this morning? Remember it is just a game, sit back relax and keep calm.

moomooprincess
08-08-2013, 07:32 AM
And the same problems?

Cyndder
08-08-2013, 08:07 AM
This is almost absolutely a DDO specific issue. For most of the night I was online and playing my primary toon (on Thelanis) without problems. Then I DC'd with that toon and spent about 20 min trying to get back in. I logged into an alternate account without problems, then back into that account and that toon and was able to get in without problems. I played for about 2 more hours. Then I DC'd again. This time I was completely unable to get back in using that toon, but different toons on the same (or different) account on the same or different servers were able to get logged in and play without problems. Just this one toon was having problems.
Now several hours and another trouble ticket later, I'm completely unable to connect using my primary account. If I resort to my daughter's account on the same system, using the same router and connecting to the same server, I have no problem.

IF the issue were truly routing related, then it would affect every toon on this system going to that same server. It wouldn't be specific to a DDO account since the routing path is stored at the ISP level (per previous posts from Devs). I'm a VIP and becoming VERY frustrated with this issue. Please get this resolved today.

Thanks,
Tired and Frustrated

Most certainly is a routing issue. I had the same issues you described above occur to me today--last time I could not get in at all this time I had characters lock up on load screens that I could not log back into. I activated the Cyberghost VPN after spending 30 minutes trying to correct it; low and behold I'm back in on that toon because the VPN is taking me through cogent.com instead of altern.net.

I understand the frustration...trust me I am frustrated by this as well; unfortunately this is an Internet issue in the Boston area that needs to be corrected but not Turbine specific issue. Is Turbine looking into this again....you betcha...because we the customers are not happy about it.

Backing up with facts: Route that failed!

3 14 ms 13 ms 14 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.17]
4 19 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 20 ms 19 ms 23 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 20 ms 22 ms 19 ms he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.149]
7 33 ms 35 ms 35 ms he-2-11-0-0-cr01.dallas.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.87.30]
8 34 ms 32 ms 35 ms be-15-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net[68.86.83.114]
9 42 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 33 ms 33 ms 32 ms 0.xe-3-0-6.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.97.81]
11 * * * Request timed out.
12 112 ms 84 ms 70 ms 0.xe-11-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.42]
13 71 ms 71 ms 72 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 73 ms 71 ms 70 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
15 71 ms 71 ms 71 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 71 ms 73 ms 72 ms 74.201.102.154
17 72 ms 71 ms 71 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Route that worked via VPN:

2 59 ms 59 ms 59 ms ash-eqx-01gw.voxility.net [37.221.173.225]
3 93 ms 59 ms 58 ms ae52.edge2.Washington4.Level3.net [4.53.114.137]
4 58 ms 60 ms 62 ms ae-2-70.edge3.Washington4.Level3.net [4.69.149.82]
5 60 ms 89 ms 61 ms te0-7-0-21.mpd22.iad02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.13.69]
6 60 ms 59 ms 61 ms be2045.mpd22.dca01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.26.117]
7 67 ms 66 ms 67 ms te0-1-0-7.mpd22.jfk02.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.1.142]
8 72 ms 72 ms 72 ms te0-6-0-5.ccr22.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.44.26]
9 78 ms 79 ms 79 ms te3-2.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.130]
10 72 ms 71 ms 72 ms 38.104.252.70
11 * 72 ms 71 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
12 71 ms 71 ms 73 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
13 72 ms 72 ms 74 ms 74.201.102.154
14 76 ms 72 ms 73 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Hendrik
08-08-2013, 08:42 AM
And the same problems?

With very little research the issues with ALTER.NET/Verizon and what we are currently experiencing go back years.

I have found the exact same issues dating back to 2010 with games like WoW, World of Tank, and League of Legends, just to name a few.

This is a reoccurring problem with Verizon at the source.

slarden
08-08-2013, 08:51 AM
Ooookay so it appears that it's flaring up again. Our datacenter team is going to try something creative to try and help more players get around it from our end. If I can get some more tech savy volunteers who are having trouble to PM me updated traceroutes again, I can collect them together and forward them over so they can work their magic. Thank you so much for your patience everyone, I know this is a super confusing issue.

...incidentally I think this is the first time in the years that I've been here where the culprit of a problem was "teh interntez" (as opposed to software, hardware, lightening, or bears).

Wow thank you for sacrificing sleep to work on this. It must be frustrating to deal with an issue the team can't fix and have your frustrated customers taking it out on you at the same time. Good luck with getting this worked out.

slarden
08-08-2013, 08:55 AM
Here is Verizon's take on the issue:

http://publicpolicy.verizon.com/blog/entry/unbalanced-peering-and-the-real-story-behind-the-verizon-cogent-dispute

Now keep in mind Verizon is accusing cogent of not paying their fair share based on rules that Verizon and other large carriers effectively dictated out of self-interest. Depending on how you view it Cogent is being stubborn or they are standing up to the bullies.

Either way, Turbine and we are caught in the middle. The same thing is true for many other MMOs and Netflix, although it can be argued that Netflix is ultimately the cause of this entire problem - again depending on your viewpoint.

danotmano1998
08-08-2013, 09:32 AM

First off, thanks for all your efforts on this. It seems fairly obvious it's nothing on your end, yet you are still trying to make things better by any means possible.

Second...

Bears? I'd love to hear THAT story sometime!

Steiner-Davion
08-08-2013, 10:20 AM
First off, thanks for all your efforts on this. It seems fairly obvious it's nothing on your end, yet you are still trying to make things better by any means possible.

Second...

Bears? I'd love to hear THAT story sometime!

I'm from the Boston Area, and live 2 towns over from Turbine HQ, and can help explain this....

Right around the time we got Druids, there Bears being sited in a couple of communities outside of Boston. Specifically, there was a bear in the parking lots in the business park where Turbine is located, and a bear which was in a tree in the city of Brookline (which by the way they captured, brought to the western part of the state, and then made its way back to the same area).

Cordovan
08-08-2013, 11:13 AM
Just to make sure everyone's up-to-date: Yes, we did have a recurrence of the issues that arose over the weekend, with the same cause. One of our affiliate connection providers engaged in the same solution as last time (again re-rerouting traffic around the problematic area), around mid-morning Eastern time, and it appears to have largely resolved the issue.

Cyndder
08-08-2013, 11:14 AM
I dropped from game and shutdown the VPN to check to see if the routing issuse for me was looking better;

3 15 ms 15 ms 15 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.17]
4 20 ms 40 ms 18 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 34 ms 23 ms 18 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 22 ms 19 ms 24 ms he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.149]
7 21 ms 18 ms 19 ms te3-5.ccr01.den03.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.10.33]
8 20 ms 22 ms 18 ms te0-1-0-3.ccr21.den01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.83.29]
9 36 ms 37 ms 54 ms te0-4-0-7.ccr21.mci01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.27.238]
10 42 ms 59 ms 42 ms te0-7-0-1.mpd21.ord01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.7.137]
11 67 ms 70 ms 67 ms te0-2-0-2.ccr21.bos01.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.43.178]
12 78 ms 73 ms 70 ms te3-4.ccr01.bos06.atlas.cogentco.com [154.54.46.134]
13 67 ms 68 ms 68 ms 38.104.252.70
14 65 ms 82 ms 66 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.43]
15 67 ms 69 ms 68 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 67 ms 68 ms 67 ms 74.201.102.154
17 68 ms 68 ms 67 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Back in game without VPN and that is one more route; not just for me but for anyone forced into that pipe--that has been fixed. Thanks for your efforts.

Cyndder
08-08-2013, 11:18 AM
Just to make sure everyone's up-to-date: Yes, we did have a recurrence of the issues that arose over the weekend, with the same cause. One of our affiliate connection providers engaged in the same solution as last time (again re-rerouting traffic around the problematic area), around mid-morning Eastern time, and it appears to have largely resolved the issue.

So my question for you is...can they keep that in place? Given the history of your ISP and Verizon...in order to get out of the middle of the Netflix war...can they just leave those routes in place?

Mahiya
08-08-2013, 02:24 PM
Thanks,
Tired and Frustrated

I understand your frustration but not being a computer expert with great understanding of routing servers etc, I put 2 and 2 together when the game works fine on an alternate router and not my primary. Also people who seem to practically understand binary verify this, not to mention the issue is not DDO, turbine, limited. Forums of atleast a few other non related game providers (namely MMORPGs - all I have looked at) have the same complaints. I am not trying to step on you good person. I would be highly upset also, unfortunately I am dealing with an uncessary resolution found here in the forums (a VPN) but its unecessary based on the router type of problems and not the game provider :[

sheltcar
08-09-2013, 08:21 PM
All I want to do is play. My daughter is having sleepover here all weekend. I need some sanity. PLease fix this issue soon. I still can not login to the client.

Dibler
08-21-2013, 06:13 AM
All worlds are down 12:12 21st Aug

MistressofDeath
08-21-2013, 06:18 AM
How long are the worlds going to be down?

zwiebelring
08-21-2013, 06:21 AM
7pm - 10pm announed in launcher. I don't think it is about connection issues this time, though. Or so I hope. The ingredients bags need that hotfix asap.

Dibler
08-21-2013, 07:08 AM
yeah didn't see the launcher message, oh well 2 hours to kill...

Brummelman
08-21-2013, 07:17 AM
After having no trouble previously, I could login a couple of hours before writng this, I now get the load 33%, then cant connect to patch server error, with connection time-out.

Since the update my launcher has been wanting to download MS Visual C++ 2005 SP1, but I dont think thats relevant although annoying.

Running Win8, and from Sweden if that is useful.

Edited: Or I could be an idiot with the wrong date and day. I'll be back when the servers open...

Deathdawg
08-21-2013, 08:33 AM
I know that the servers are down would that also toss an error that unable to authenticate? Such as getting the 'Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1] been getting this since this morning 8/21 and just hoping the downtime and this is related if so please forgive my ignorance oO

Edited: Sorry for leaving the post but got my answer for the error on another thread sadly for my brain and ego was the one telling about the downtime oO chalk it up for not reading ahead lol. link below for those interested...and hopefully allowed
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/423068-Scheduled-Server-Downtime-7-00-AM-10-00-AM-Eastern-(-4-GMT)-Wednesday-August-21st?p=5073512&posted=1#post5073512

vampiregoat69
09-01-2013, 02:38 AM
Here it is Sept 1st and was able to play all day with no problems. 12am and I go to log back in and suddenly now it says failed to queue for server.

TheSneakster
09-01-2013, 04:34 PM
Sept 1st, 2013 2:30PM Pacific time (GMT-7) and the Turbine Launcher is not even getting past the first message it puts up "Installing Pre-Reqs". I have tried multiple times and restarted the machine to no avail.

Michael "TheSneakster" Hobson

Evean
09-01-2013, 04:36 PM
I’m stuck on “Installing Pe-Reqs.”

dopey69
09-01-2013, 04:41 PM
same here

stuck on loading prereqs

Jericho86
09-01-2013, 04:41 PM
same here, installing pre-reqs...

Blayz
09-01-2013, 04:43 PM
Logged in at 6:30am Pacific today no issues. Come back at 2:30pm and now it sticks at Installing Pre-Req.

Grrrrrrrrrrr

Trugaard
09-01-2013, 04:45 PM
Turbust..err...Turbine. Or WB games or whoever we're dealing with these days. FIX THIS ISSUE.

Tealcie
09-01-2013, 04:47 PM
Buggered here as well.

garynash7070
09-01-2013, 04:48 PM
thought you would like to know.

Blayz
09-01-2013, 04:52 PM
For the heads up. Looks like my anticipation for a 3 day weekend of gaming and BBQ was more than the servers could handle.

Zenako
09-01-2013, 04:55 PM
Not that it should matter, but we did have some thunderstorms in the Boston area early afternoon. This doubly blows since my wife was planning on an afternoon of mob crushing with her "Kensai"...

iam45123
09-01-2013, 05:36 PM

If you are able to, take advantage of the temporary workarounds to use an alternate connection method (such as VPNs, tethered cellular, or acquiring a new IP address from your ISP) - any alternate internet connection that does not happen to route through the cached network paths from your existing provider. This may allow some of you to enter the game until such time as this rerouting and propagation completes.

Not quite; one of the fixes--which I finally tried this morning before the service provider fix was in place was the Cyberghost VPN.

Where is even mentioned? What alternate fixes? I see mention of possible workarounds (if ur able to, it may work) but no workaround described other than "Cyberghost fix"; if you read all the posts. Why is so hard to find what you're talking about??
Crazy thing is, I logged out for just 10 mins, today Sept 1st. Now I need to learn more techy stuff, install an app or go about RL. Since in RL I had sum time to play the app I subscribe to (DDO), I guess I'm paying Turbine & DDO to play free/limited web apps.
Makes me glad you advertise in Facebook; at least a small part of what I pay is going to the site I'm at while the goo'rus get the techy stuff straight o.O

balvix
09-01-2013, 05:38 PM
Fantastic, cant play once again, i'm beginning to question why i pay for a service that has so many issues, last time was during a heavy farming event that i had a lot of things to get out of, not only did i miss many days of the farming but there was no completing any items due to loss of time. While those who were able to log in completed many items i sat hoping to finish even 1, now i must wait an entire year to try again. What will i pay for this time only to not recieve?

Intensik
09-01-2013, 05:45 PM
so has anyone found how long the servers will be "down" for?

wmdearmond
09-01-2013, 05:56 PM
I am having the same problem here i gallup new mexico. Just got off the phone with turbine they say it is a network issue and that it will take about an hour to fix.it. I hope that is true.

TheSneakster
09-01-2013, 05:57 PM
Evidently DDO.COM is not hosted in the same datacenter.

Update: maybe not. DDO.COM and TURBINE.COM both seem to be on the same netblock:

DDO.COM: 74.201.103.121

TURBINE.COM: 74.201.102.41

Inojajo
09-01-2013, 06:08 PM
Sept 1st, 2013 2:30PM Pacific time (GMT-7) and the Turbine Launcher is not even getting past the first message it puts up "Installing Pre-Reqs". I have tried multiple times and restarted the machine to no avail.

Michael "TheSneakster" Hobson

Exact same deal with me except I'm on central time (GMT-6). I tried to log on the first time at 5:45 pm.

HYspd750
09-01-2013, 06:09 PM
This is why I didn't buy the new expansion pack...I mean if Turbine can't control what they have already done to the game why give them a reason to do even more?

Kik97
09-01-2013, 06:11 PM
Same problem here in New York. Played all day, logged for dinner, came back and can't log in, got the message Installing Pre-reqs. However I am able to log into the DDO website.

moonprophet
09-01-2013, 06:12 PM
This is why I didn't buy the new expansion pack...I mean if Turbine can't control what they have already done to the game why give them a reason to do even more?

....does this mean you will be going back to playing WoW?

Charlemagne2
09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Having same issue can we get someone from DDO to confirm this and reassure us that it will be fixed soooooooooooooooooooooooon

My name for this

The Labor day LETDOWN

Kik97
09-01-2013, 06:16 PM
Also the problem last time was not directly related to Turbine. The problem was caused by 2 communications companies fighting over which one of them wasn't sharing the data load correctly according to their agreement.

HYspd750
09-01-2013, 06:18 PM
might go back to pen and paper...I can roll dice to candle light I have to deal with a black out!

tpmnec
09-01-2013, 06:22 PM
So, before 6:00 EST it was gonna be an hour. It's an 1:15 later and still the same problem. They've been working on this problem since about 4:30 or so. They finally posted to FB at 6:00 ...
"We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!"

Patience? I no longer have patience. This game is so irritating some time. Keep rolling out new stuff to bolster sales, but break a bunch of stuff along the way. How about fixing the DM on FOT while you're at it. And fix all the other stuff you broke with the new expansion while you're at it.

I'm sure the fact that it's a national holiday weekend in the United States is gonna spell disaster for the players this weekend. Instead of ramping up staff and servers, they probably have a skeleton crew working. Ugh

I am having the same problem here i gallup new mexico. Just got off the phone with turbine they say it is a network issue and that it will take about an hour to fix.it. I hope that is true.

ergrape
09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading.

2pleasegimmie
09-01-2013, 06:23 PM
Also the problem last time was not directly related to Turbine. The problem was caused by 2 communications companies fighting over which one of them wasn't sharing the data load correctly according to their agreement.

Which is a prime example of why corporations should not be permitted to run anything of consequence, but especially infrastructure of any sort.

Hordo
09-01-2013, 06:24 PM
Same problem here in New York. Played all day, logged for dinner, came back and can't log in, got the message Installing Pre-reqs. However I am able to log into the DDO website.

THIS, except substitute Memphis for New York. I tried that earlier work-around mentioned via CyberGhostVPN to no avail. If anyone comes up with a work-around, I implore you to post it here so we can all try it. As for Turbine, thank you so much for investigating this issue. If at all possible, if you get word that there is an open pathway to the game, by all means let us know.

THANKS!

ergrape
09-01-2013, 06:33 PM
Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading. I was on before dinner...no issues. Came back after dinner...FUBAR.

FireDragon277
09-01-2013, 06:40 PM
Yep, still stuck in New York. Tried doing a clean reboot, turned off firewalls, and rebooted a few times. Still not loading. I was on before dinner...no issues. Came back after dinner...FUBAR.

Same in Atlanta, lost connectivity at 4:30 and have been down ever since.

LightSteel
09-01-2013, 06:42 PM
Same in Atlanta, lost connectivity at 4:30 and have been down ever since.

Same in Virginia

wisbang
09-01-2013, 06:46 PM
Having same issue can we get someone from DDO to confirm this and reassure us that it will be fixed soooooooooooooooooooooooon

My name for this

The Labor day LETDOWN

We are working with our provider to mitigate an external connection issue that is preventing some players from logging in. Thanks for your patience!

From Facebook....because they don't know how to post in forums.

zonafer
No kids, or lovely bride, drooling to play without chaos... *rolls a one*

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
I'll say what the mods and devs can't, screw the haters. This one's most likely not the fault of Turbine in the slightest. Verizon and/or Cogent if guilty as usual can kiss my golden ......

That said... don't know about anybody else... but feelin' a bit like the Sex Pistols tonight...

http://youtu.be/tCRnFUVcsog

Shorlong
09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Fantastic, cant play once again, i'm beginning to question why i pay for a service that has so many issues, last time was during a heavy farming event that i had a lot of things to get out of, not only did i miss many days of the farming but there was no completing any items due to loss of time. While those who were able to log in completed many items i sat hoping to finish even 1, now i must wait an entire year to try again. What will i pay for this time only to not recieve?

You must have trouble reading...let me clarify....

Today's issue has nothing to do with the other issues that have been mentioned. The issues that you were having previously have nothing to do with Turbine. In fact, many games were affected by it, but not all gamers. It completely depended on YOUR internet provider and what hops your connection had to make before it got to Turbine. Today, everyone is affected. Their service provider isn't allowing any new connections of any kind. They can't even log in to the forums right now. We are all currently waiting for their provider to get their butts in gear...again...not a Turbine issue.

wymommad
09-01-2013, 06:47 PM
Same in Virginia

I have quite a few guildies who either have not been able to log in or logged for some reason and tried to come back and cannot get it...this is outrageous! And funny thing is, I am logged in and my husband, sitting in the same room using the same provider and he cannot get in...so not the provider obviously. And, he can get into the forums with no difficulty...it is just weird.

Ltrain834
09-01-2013, 06:48 PM
Same in Wisconsin

Charlemagne2
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Which is a prime example of why corporations should not be permitted to run anything of consequence, but especially infrastructure of any sort.

The last thing we need is big brother involved. You would still be on a dial up if that were the case.

MaxenThor
09-01-2013, 06:49 PM
Same in Virginia

Same in New Hampshire.

32bliss
09-01-2013, 06:52 PM
same in Florida

liosliante
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
I'll say what the mods and devs can't, screw the haters. This one's most likely not the fault of Turbine in the slightest. Verizon and/or Cogent if guilty as usual can kiss my golden ......

That said... don't know about anybody else... but feelin' a bit like the Sex Pistols tonight...

http://youtu.be/tCRnFUVcsog

It's really awsome!!!

narizue
09-01-2013, 07:01 PM
Same in Toronto. Sigh.

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 07:05 PM
So....Thelanis isn't the only one that went belly up a few minutes ago?

That said....please bow your heads for a moment of silence....that hamster gave his all.

*bows head.

Same in Washington State

Charlemagne2
09-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Is it about time for an official post from turbine?

Dalovett
09-01-2013, 07:08 PM
Okay. I am in Phoenix and I have done everything that has been noted. But I still cannot connect to the game client. As I load the game client it gets stuck on Installing Pre-reqs. Any other ideas that I can do to get back in the game?

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 07:09 PM
Okay. I am in Phoenix and I have done everything that has been noted. But I still cannot connect to the game client. As I load the game client it gets stuck on Installing Pre-reqs. Any other ideas that I can do to get back in the game?

you're running into the same thing everyone else is

*grabs popcorn

So...how's everyone today?

Drwaz99
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM

There's nothing you can do. It's a fix Turbine and their providers provider need to work on.

Tuzlotz
09-01-2013, 07:10 PM
you're running into the same thing everyone else is

*grabs popcorn

Frustrated

Kik97
09-01-2013, 07:11 PM
So....Thelanis isn't the only one that went belly up a few minutes ago?

That said....please bow your heads for a moment of silence....that hamster gave his all.

*bows head.

Same in Washington State

Sadly it wasn't the hamsters, they are still chugging away on their wheels. Its the pythons and boa constrictors that provide the connection between us and Turbine that are the problem, again.

ZamziMikoso
09-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Typical Turbine. Like ostriches burying their heads in the sand. Face it guys. Won't be up tonight at all. We'll be lucky if it's up tomorrow. Being honest we'll be lucky to see a feeble apology by tomorrow, or they'll make up some excuse as to why it's not their fault. But be careful, you can't say anything bad about the company, or their employees, because they might cry, and then they ban you.

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 07:12 PM
Sadly it wasn't the hamsters, they are still chugging away on their wheels. Its the pythons and boa constrictors that provide the connection between us and Turbine that are the problem, again.

+1 to you :)

good to hear the lil guys are still moving along

Riffle
09-01-2013, 07:15 PM
seems like its nationwide, Midwest cant log-in either

krontan
09-01-2013, 07:16 PM
Same in Georgia

Charlemagne2
09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
All future posts should refer to this event tonight as the labor day letdown

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
09-01-2013, 07:17 PM
*grabs popcorn

LOL!

* popcorn just made and dispensed,

I'm doing great!

Be scared Turbine.... the haters are risin' tonight!

http://youtu.be/MotNtq41NDw

capsela
09-01-2013, 07:21 PM
Illinois is down.

tpmnec
09-01-2013, 07:23 PM
I think all we're missing now is Utah, Alaska, Hawaii and New Mexico :P

Illinois is down.

Kik97
09-01-2013, 07:29 PM
I think all we're missing now is Utah, Alaska, Hawaii and New Mexico :P

I think New Mexico was already accounted for in an earlier post.

PauloNeto
09-01-2013, 07:29 PM
Manaus, Brasil is down 2. ;(

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 07:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x88Z5txBc7w

Cireeric
09-01-2013, 07:30 PM
So is Oregon.

thomascoolone64
09-01-2013, 07:31 PM
Looks like you have to Add COLORADO To that list now :P

balvix
09-01-2013, 07:33 PM
You must have trouble reading...let me clarify....

Today's issue has nothing to do with the other issues that have been mentioned. The issues that you were having previously have nothing to do with Turbine. In fact, many games were affected by it, but not all gamers. It completely depended on YOUR internet provider and what hops your connection had to make before it got to Turbine. Today, everyone is affected. Their service provider isn't allowing any new connections of any kind. They can't even log in to the forums right now. We are all currently waiting for their provider to get their butts in gear...again...not a Turbine issue.

I can read but i couldnt care less who the problem originated with, there was a known problem with the service, there was no "hey sorry about the problem heres some compensation" happening at all, it would have been nice to have a redeemable coupon or something giving a small ammount of shards for upgrading or maybe some extra time for the event. Just something to say, "we understand your frustration and that you paid to be able to play and couldnt". Im not being unreasonable or anything, i own my own business and sometimes things happen through unforeseeable events that you have no control over, but you always take care of the people who pay your salary. ALWAYS. I shoe horses for a living and there are times when a horse throws a shoe, i cant control wether they get a shoe stuck under a fence and pull it off or perhaps they step on their foot and pull it off, but when it comes off, i go back and put it back on the horse free of charge. The people who paid me for the service expect to be able to "play" on their horse, and when they cant, then its my job to go and make them happy so i can continue to get paid. Its the simple fact of business that you keep your customers happy, or you dont stay in business.

SeaWolf925
09-01-2013, 07:34 PM
NH still out.

moonprophet
09-01-2013, 07:35 PM
..official word yet? DO they have a twitter feed we can bomb or something? It's a holiday weekend here in the States. Isn't it possible that they have no ides this is happening yet because they are all in the middle of Beer, football, and hot-dogs somewhere?

Docgem
Ok Texas is down too. Now a question to distract us from the need to play DDO for at least a minute or so. Anyone know if you use the heart wood that they gave us on a 28 tune will it upgrade it to a 32 if you have that ability on your account?

Now back to the withdrawal symptoms of not being able to kill sumthin.

Arnhelm
The saddest part is, there has been no updated from Turbine for hours now. :/

thomascoolone64
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I Wanna Know whats going on!! Can someone tell me? Im getting "Installing Pre - Reqs" stuck too.

moonprophet
09-01-2013, 07:38 PM
I can read but i couldnt care less who the problem originated with, there was a known problem with the service, there was no "hey sorry about the problem heres some compensation" happening at all, it would have been nice to have a redeemable coupon or something giving a small ammount of shards for upgrading or maybe some extra time for the event. Just something to say, "we understand your frustration and that you paid to be able to play and couldnt". Im not being unreasonable or anything, i own my own business and sometimes things happen through unforeseeable events that you have no control over, but you always take care of the people who pay your salary. ALWAYS. I shoe horses for a living and there are times when a horse throws a shoe, i cant control wether they get a shoe stuck under a fence and pull it off or perhaps they step on their foot and pull it off, but when it comes off, i go back and put it back on the horse free of charge. The people who paid me for the service expect to be able to "play" on their horse, and when they cant, then its my job to go and make them happy so i can continue to get paid. Its the simple fact of business that you keep your customers happy, or you dont stay in business.

..with your comment is that it is "Response to Turbine not meeting our expectations comment #3.". This is the same thing that 3.4% of all respondents in this forum say whenever Turbine does or fails to do something that goes against general expectation. In the 7+ years I have been playing this game, I can not recall a single instance when comment #3 has ever elicited anything close to the result that the respondent had been pining for.

That's a long winded way of saying "And......?"

Surnales
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
Add Pennsylvania to the long growing list of unable to log in. what really sucks is when you and your guild have PLANS to run things. and yes, we should be Compensated for the pain. 20 Astral shards per 2 hours of downtime would work, as we are missing out on using Our subscriptions for actual game play

zagler
09-01-2013, 07:40 PM
In SJ. Also, erm, what's a VPN? Get a new IP? Like am I supposed to be a computer geek to play? ;) Any hints on how to accomplish these alternatives?

SeaWolf925
09-01-2013, 07:41 PM
https://twitter.com/DDOUnlimited

https://www.facebook.com/DDOUnlimited

Sardukar1138
09-01-2013, 07:43 PM
Although Dee and the boys look like they have not aged well. Just like me.

Blayz
09-01-2013, 07:47 PM
Still down in California. Please pass the popcorn, having a fine evening of reading frustrated posts and predicting what state will post next.

Surnales
09-01-2013, 07:49 PM
In SJ. Also, erm, what's a VPN? Get a new IP? Like am I supposed to be a computer geek to play? ;) Any hints on how to accomplish these alternatives?

Virtual Private network, and Internet Protocol Address. most systems are Dynamic, or changing. but the problem is not with the users, but witht he Servers. this is Nation, if not world wide

thomascoolone64
still down in california. Please pass the popcorn, having a fine evening of reading frustrated posts and predicting what state will post next.

colorado :/

mannielrpc
What's really gonna suck, is when it is fixed, I'll have to re-DL the launcher. I've only got BroadBand. it'll take way long.

tpmnec
Hmmmmmm..... There's an idea for a drinking game in there somewhere I know it.

Still down in California. Please pass the popcorn, having a fine evening of reading frustrated posts and predicting what state will post next.

Surnales
09-01-2013, 07:51 PM
Hmmmmmm..... There's an idea for a drinking game in there somewhere I know it.

1. when someone complains they can't connect, take a drink

2. for each state mentioned, take a drink. for those duplicated, an extra drink.

thomascoolone64
09-01-2013, 07:53 PM

2. for each state mentioned, take a drink. for those duplicated, an extra drink.

State/Beer pong?

COLORADO CANT CONNECT! Take a drink.

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 07:54 PM
http://i.imgur.com/JucTIy0.jpg (http://imgur.com/JucTIy0)

*pass

tpmnec
I'm upset I can't connect in NJ (double social)

bcgone
Oh wait ... did Florida post yet?

WilliamBraveheart
Sounds to me like Turbine needs a new provider

Blayz
State/Beer pong?

I have a feeling I'm getting drunk playing this game. Too many drinks over too short a time. Cheers!!!

BTW that popcorn looks freaking awesome, I must be hungry........

LordofNil
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
Oh wait ... did Florida post yet?
I believe so, but no luck for me in the sunshine state either

balvix
09-01-2013, 07:55 PM
..with your comment is that it is "Response to Turbine not meeting our expectations comment #3.". This is the same thing that 3.4% of all respondents in this forum say whenever Turbine does or fails to do something that goes against general expectation. In the 7+ years I have been playing this game, I can not recall a single instance when comment #3 has ever elicited anything close to the result that the respondent had been pining for.

That's a long winded way of saying "And......?"

Nah its in response to someone quoting me a little while ago. What im pointing out is simply this, for any business, keep your customers happy and you continue to profit, allow your customers to become irritated or angry and they look for more interesting avenues of doing the same thing. Expectation aside, there are still cost effective and simple methods of keeping the people who pay your wages happy, failure to do so may not stop people from coming to your business but it has a possibility of alienating the people who have been happy customers for some time to make them want to leave and find a place that is more enjoyable where they are taken care of better. Before you or anyone else decides to step up and say "if you dont like it then leave, we dont need you anyways", think of this, there are times of day (or night) generally accepted as being "dead" wouldnt it be nice to attract more players and keep the more skillful players to fill in those dead times instead of having people get fed up with irritable problems and leave I.E. massive lag, connectivity issues, trillions of bugs that are not taken care of or simply ignored, and many other issues. I generally support the staff and like the way they take care of my problems in game that i have but there are times when i get irritated just like anyone else, and during those times i want to step up on my soap box and be heard.

Surnales
09-01-2013, 07:57 PM
I have a feeling I'm getting drunk playing this game. Too many drinks over too short a time. Cheers!!!

Someone should make a Master list of what states and how many times they been mentioned :p

thomascoolone64
09-01-2013, 07:58 PM
Someone should make a Master list of what states and how many times they been mentioned :p
1: Colorado

2: ..

Surnales
09-01-2013, 07:59 PM
1: Colorado

2: Pennsylvania

Blayz
09-01-2013, 08:00 PM
Nah its in response to someone quoting me a little while ago. What im pointing out is simply this, for any business, keep your customers happy and you continue to profit, allow your customers to become irritated or angry and they look for more interesting avenues of doing the same thing. Expectation aside, there are still cost effective and simple methods of keeping the people who pay your wages happy, failure to do so may not stop people from coming to your business but it has a possibility of alienating the people who have been happy customers for some time to make them want to leave and find a place that is more enjoyable where they are taken care of better. Before you or anyone else decides to step up and say "if you dont like it then leave, we dont need you anyways", think of this, there are times of day (or night) generally accepted as being "dead" wouldnt it be nice to attract more players and keep the more skillful players to fill in those dead times instead of having people get fed up with irritable problems and leave I.E. massive lag, connectivity issues, trillions of bugs that are not taken care of or simply ignored, and many other issues. I generally support the staff and like the way they take care of my problems in game that i have but there are times when i get irritated just like anyone else, and during those times i want to step up on my soap box and be heard.

If you have seen Balvix stand on a soap box or heard him tonight "Take a Drink"

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 08:01 PM

Myself: Can't connect in Colorado.

Wife: Can't connect in Colorado.

(6 drinks for this post, for those keeping score!)

cyadra
The Sovereign People of the Navajo Nation can't connect.

But the white devil took everything from us anyway, so I am not surprised.

Tangelina
G'day mates I'm from Adelaide, Australia and I have logging in issues as well. It's 1030 AM 2/9/2013 seems like it's gonna be a long day!!!!! Oh well going back to the real world I guess!! XD

Tesla5000
09-01-2013, 08:02 PM
Was playing up until 30 or 40 minutes ago then got booted. Can't get back in now.

Add Utah to the list.

Blayz
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
G'day mates I'm from Adelaide, Australia and I have logging in issues as well. It's 1030 AM 2/9/2013 seems like it's gonna be a long day!!!!! Oh well going back to the real world I guess!! XD

Are different time zones worth more drinks?

Just saying maybe the should be.

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 08:03 PM
Tolero, I'm willing to make you an offer: If you respond to this thread with actionable information as to what in the sam hill is going on, I'll have your babies. Or you can have mine. Or we can have each others' babes. My wife is okay with any or all combinations of this offer. PST with response!

Arcanghakhyorsarthel
09-01-2013, 08:05 PM
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424533-Login-and-Launcher-Issues-September-1st-2013#post5086813

cmckronos
09-01-2013, 08:07 PM
Was playing up until 30 or 40 minutes ago then got booted. Can't get back in now.

Add Utah to the list.

Ditto, add MS to the list...what bugs me is had a friend crash several hours earlier and we are in the same ISP and they couldn't get back in due to this issue...so if there were connectivity problems, I was able to keep playing for a few more hours how? *cough*

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 08:07 PM

For those in the US who have no idea how to write a day logically, this - 2/9/2013 - is correct. It's not February 9th, 2013, it's written as 2nd September, 2013. That is all.

Surnales
09-01-2013, 08:08 PM
Are different time zones worth more drinks?

Just saying maybe the should be.

3. Each time zone affected is TRIPLE Drinks

Surnales
09-01-2013, 08:09 PM
For those in the US who have no idea how to write a day logically, this - 2/9/2013 - is correct. It's not February 9th, 2013, it's written as 2nd September, 2013. That is all.

I understood it

capsela
This outage is forcing me to become an alcoholic. Time to put make up on your Elvish Real Doll and do some adult LARP. Hopefully, your mom won't need to get any hamburger helper out of the basement while you are busy.

tpmnec

Updated through this post:
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Texas
Utah
Washington (state, not D.C.)
Wisconsin

We also have , Australia, Brazil and Canada checking in internationally.

There were references to Boston and Phoenix, but no mention of Massachusetts or Arizona.

ppsm09
09-01-2013, 08:12 PM
As of post #154, here's the list of who checked in:
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Texas
Wisconsin

We also have Brazil and Canada checking in internationally.

There were references to Boston and Phoenix, but no mention of Massachusetts or Arizona.

Add Australia and the UK. Both were mentioned in Cordovan's thread. I'd recommend moving the drinking party over there, as it's more up-to-date.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/424533-Login-and-Launcher-Issues-September-1st-2013#post5086813

P.S. - My offer to Tolero does not respond to Cordovan. We'd make ugly babies together. That is all.

Blayz
09-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Add Australia and the UK. Both were mentioned in Cordovan's thread. I'd recommend moving the drinking party over there, as it's more up-to-date.

P.S. - My offer to Tolero does not respond to Cordovan. We'd make ugly babies together. That is all.

But I already have a good buzz from this post. Just for the record I agree that your offer should not include Cordovan.

LightSteel
09-01-2013, 08:16 PM
Do forget Virginia.

Araslan
09-01-2013, 08:17 PM
So....This game was the most stable game around in years past. Seriously...what the hell happened? Outage after outage all summer, and at the times when I needed to escape reality at its most. The pay to win button has been implemented and I am having serious doubts about my future in this game. Sorry to vent, but enough already!

tpmnec
09-01-2013, 08:18 PM
Not only is DDO broke, they found a way to break our drinking game.

But I already have a good buzz from this post. Just for the record I agree that your offer should not include Cordovan.

Kik97
09-01-2013, 08:19 PM
Quick post for some friends who can't log into forums or ddo. Massachusetts is done, too. lol :)

Kik97
09-01-2013, 08:20 PM
Quick post for some friends who can't log into forums or ddo. Massachusetts is done, too. lol :)

stupid speller... down not done.

Blayz
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
Not only is DDO broke, they found a way to break our drinking game.

Oh man, what happened? Bet we lost our "Drink Server"

I know, bad joke. See this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands waiting for game updates.

Surnales
09-01-2013, 08:23 PM
stupid speller... down not done.

no, in this case Both done and down qualify

Surnales
09-01-2013, 08:24 PM
Oh man, what happened? Bet we lost our "Drink Server"

I know, bad joke. See this is what happens when people have too much time on their hands waiting for game updates.

rule 4: when the drink server's busted, you empty the keg

zagler
09-01-2013, 08:54 PM
Tolero, I'm willing to make you an offer: If you respond to this thread with actionable information as to what in the sam hill is going on, I'll have your babies. Or you can have mine. Or we can have each others' babes. My wife is okay with any or all combinations of this offer. PST with response!

it won't really be YOU having them!

shawncthayer
09-01-2013, 08:55 PM
V.T. still down.

Inojajo
09-01-2013, 10:29 PM
I wrote a complaint about five hours ago but I didn't name my state. I didn't know a drinking game was gonna bust out.

Alabama.

Still complaining tho. ;)

BowVine
09-01-2013, 11:06 PM
What BS.... this always happens when i have a day off....... sucks!

jasper319
09-01-2013, 11:31 PM
wow 6 pages, i didnt read 5 of them.
at least i know it isnt me.

oregon

Jericho86
09-02-2013, 02:12 AM
Now I got "Failed to read authentication response..."

malukus
09-02-2013, 10:15 AM
Maine is down also

Updated through this post:
California
Colorado
Florida
Georgia
Illinois
Mississippi
New Hampshire
New Jersey
New York
Oregon
Pennsylvania
Texas
Utah
Wisconsin

We also have , Australia, Brazil and Canada checking in internationally.

dapiercer26
09-02-2013, 10:27 AM
Maine is down also

georgia is down as well

malukus
09-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Do you remember that mmorpg game....what was the name of it..dam it i forget...ahh wait... DDO ya that was it. Great game until they forgot the golden rule put money into ya biz. This is all DDO we be soon enough, sad but true. It is not the gamers fault that they wasted away money that flooded in when the games were fresh and now that most ppl own the content and dont pay, dam sounds like DDO got a bunch of good programmers but not a fkin one smart money person. Ah get ya thumbs out ya arse because there a lot of games out there now. I own all except 3 barrel cove and i'm a vip presently(soon to end) and I will sure as this planet spins drop DDO like a bad habit if this **** don't get right. an yaya to ya ddo fanboys that try to come to their defence all the fkin time. i been playing 7 years almost now. you fanboys most be pretty freaking new. you nvr saw what it was once like phfft... even ingame the GM are for the most part rude and clueless. i surgest take this down time to fix the old code. so as we not have all the lag an crashes. then take a step back from that huge house you want to buy (or w/e useless thing you spend all ya money on)an instead put the money into the future of this game. there should be no ahh its an old code problem or hmm seems the sever.... really really reallly . you ppl have very poor management skills is very ovb. bah enough this liek ya gonna listen

humbleroller
09-02-2013, 10:41 AM
i hope Turbine is going to sue for lost revenue, and then use that money to find a better ISP.

taterchip
09-02-2013, 10:46 AM
Do you remember that mmorpg game....what was the name of it..dam it i forget...ahh wait... DDO ya that was it. Great game until they forgot the golden rule put money into ya biz. This is all DDO we be soon enough, sad but true. It is not the gamers fault that they wasted away money that flooded in when the games were fresh and now that most ppl own the content and dont pay, dam sounds like DDO got a bunch of good programmers but not a fkin one smart money person. Ah get ya thumbs out ya arse because there a lot of games out there now. I own all except 3 barrel cove and i'm a vip presently(soon to end) and I will sure as this planet spins drop DDO like a bad habit if this **** don't get right. an yaya to ya ddo fanboys that try to come to their defence all the fkin time. i been playing 7 years almost now. you fanboys most be pretty freaking new. you nvr saw what it was once like phfft... even ingame the GM are for the most part rude and clueless. i surgest take this down time to fix the old code. so as we not have all the lag an crashes. then take a step back from that huge house you want to buy (or w/e useless thing you spend all ya money on)an instead put the money into the future of this game. there should be no ahh its an old code problem or hmm seems the sever.... really really reallly . you ppl have very poor management skills is very ovb. bah enough this liek ya gonna listen

yea what he said I agree totally..... i have been here from almost the start of this game and it keep getting worse as it goes

Downgreyd
09-02-2013, 10:48 AM
I just installed Cyberghost VPN. I connected to a SanFransico server but still connect to DDO. Do I need to change a setting? Thank you for your post.

NemesisAlien
09-02-2013, 10:57 AM
Singapore down, still waiting... Sigh.

rko7odie2
09-02-2013, 10:58 AM
For those who do not Know How Detailed instructions should be e:mailed to the Users !!

I cannot see or know How to Connect

esteban956
09-02-2013, 11:34 AM
failed to read authentication response [err: unexpended end of file][line: 1][col: 1]

Malenirk
09-02-2013, 12:49 PM
failed to read authentication response [err: unexpended end of file][line: 1][col: 1]

Getting the same error - apparently still down in Tennessee.

Downgreyd
09-02-2013, 12:50 PM
I installed CyberGhostVPN (different IP) then copied the backup files. Now I get the "failed to read authentication response..." which means the login server is down :(

Phalys7
09-02-2013, 01:13 PM
I have completed the download of the update and was trying to login only to find the following message: Failed to read authentication response [err: unexpected end of file][line: 1][col: 1].

When is this going to be fixed?

Eternal_Newbie
09-02-2013, 01:22 PM
Getting the same error - apparently still down in France.

Same here (FR, Lyon), content update is working till a few but authentication is still broken...

Dont know what Turbine partner is in cause but I can say that turbine has not invests in one with an acceptable level of service for an online game (yes I pay as VIP, turbine has to provide corresponding services and has to rely of an infrastructure and partners with correct service level).

The Turbine repetitive service failures reminds me what happened to blackberry business when they forgot the golden rule that is: Invests in infrastructures, process and team in order to guarantee the service or customers will flee for others that can do it better.....

And know I regret it, DDO if, by far, my favorite game.

Volarr
09-02-2013, 01:38 PM
I couldn't log in (Installing Pre-Regs) or get to any turbine site (lokr this forum) my self . So after a couple frustrating hours I decided to reinstall since the install didn't have the new launcher features I got the underlining connection error message and knew I messed up by reinstalling because it was (turbine AGAIN and not my computer)

Volarr
09-02-2013, 01:43 PM
instead of just freezing at (Installing Pre-Regs) it would have saved time and worry if an error message would have come up to let us know it wasn't on our end the problem was................ But that make to much sense to let us know turbines servers were at fault....