PDA

View Full Version : "Fvs Talk"

DevinC
08-04-2013, 09:36 PM
Hello this is hotncold, im sure you guys must have heard of me if your on Khyber server, this is my first post and wanted to share how i make my stats to became a healer fvs
This build is ment to solo heal most raids and its not as efficient as a evoker or melee
Human or Helf works fine (Dilly sorc for Popping recon, gh, etc. VS 1 extra feat)
Str:8 base +8 str item
Dex:8
Con:18 +8 item +2 exc
Int:8
Wis:14 base +3 tomes +6 conc opt
Char: 18 Base +6 lvl ups +6 tier from EA, +2 Char from EA, Teir 3 char, +8 Item, +3 ins,+2 exc, +2 capstone,+5 tome,

Feats: Max, Emp, Heighten, Quicken, Mental toughness, Imp mental toughness, Epic mental toughness, Toughness, Epic Toughness

Enhancements
Max all Heal spell power
Max all crits and chance of crits of light and heal
Tier 3 Charisma
Both fvs prestieges
All fvs spell point scions
Unyeilding or undying call (your pick)
Capstone rest is up to you

Helm: Any helm of your choice
Necklace: Since GH changed you can change it around but i chose Warchanter for the set bonus
Trinket: Planar Focus: Erudition +3 ins char
Cloak: EH or EE Mantle of Dragon friend
Belt:Rahkirs belt
Ring:Warchanter Ring
Gloves: +8 str gloves
Boots: +8 Con boots
Ring: Rahkirs Ring
Bracers: Any thing will do as long as it has a slot to get a +35 sapphire slot to put in
Goggles: Greensteel Con op(+6 wis and +100 sp)
Armor: Flawless blue dragonscale armor
Weapon layout: Staff of petitioner, Twilight, Element of magic(equipped 90% of the time)

Yes i know the gear seems a tad outdated but its still efficient and its hard to lose -4 sp to maximized spells and a stacking arcane lore
with this gear you should have roughly 4.5

Domthegreat
08-04-2013, 09:45 PM
I like it, seems very efficient spell point wise and healing wise. I cant wait to try it out....and farm for half the gear u mentioned lol.

Azarddoze
08-04-2013, 09:48 PM
Heighten seems like a not needed feat. Other than that... it'll heal for sure.

I don't really understand why 18 charisma over 18 wis because that's merly a couple more SP (and 2 ranks in UMD) but I guess if you're aiming for a heal bot, that's the wise choice.

DevinC
08-04-2013, 09:51 PM

yes although heighten isn't important as the other feats, its nice to have because itll help the fact that your dcs are kind of lacking

Domthegreat
08-04-2013, 09:52 PM
heighten adds to your DC to bypass spell pen easier, and the charisma is 18 for more spell points, wisdom is only needed for offensive spells which he has given enough points into with all his gear slots.

Azarddoze
08-04-2013, 09:53 PM
Okay. Guess you know what you're doing :).

Ungood
08-04-2013, 10:00 PM
Looks good, but wouldn't it have been more appropriate to put this in the class discussion area?

kuro_zero
08-04-2013, 10:25 PM
heighten adds to your DC to bypass spell pen easier, and the charisma is 18 for more spell points, wisdom is only needed for offensive spells which he has given enough points into with all his gear slots.

heighten, while it does increase DC, it is irrelevant in bypassing/assisting in bypassing spell pen.

Also seems odd for a healbot to not have emp heal...

DevinC
08-04-2013, 10:43 PM

I don't really understand why 18 charisma over 18 wis because that's merly a couple more SP (and 2 ranks in UMD) but I guess if you're aiming for a heal bot, that's the wise choice.

indeed i would agree with that wis is more effective then charisma but in this case this is a heal bot

DevinC
08-04-2013, 10:58 PM
heighten, while it does increase DC, it is irrelevant in bypassing/assisting in bypassing spell pen.

Also seems odd for a healbot to not have emp heal...

Yes i do know its odd to not have empower heal but youll have so much sp and how much your healing for and when lvl 28 is available thatswhat my next feats going to be

OwenMay
08-04-2013, 11:29 PM
I dont think heighten will do anything for you, DC otherwise being so low. The DC of my Wiz is about 10 higher than yours would be (at level 19) and I already get plenty of saves.
Epic toughness has 21 con as a pre req, at least if the wiki is up to date, I dont have it and dont know it from personal experience.

I would probably go for an Elf (because I always do) for Invisibility and Displacement (can be cast on others as well and cant be removed other than by death as much as I know). Then get as much spell absorption on Items as I can and a high move silenty skill, probably from a 2 monk split to make up for the 2 feats and get evasion/higher saves for quests where that is more useful than ac and prr.
That would be my take on a heal bot fvs though, a different approach, not a suggestion to adjust your build.

Ancient
08-05-2013, 12:43 AM
Yes i do know its odd to not have empower heal but youll have so much sp and how much your healing for and when lvl 28 is available thatswhat my next feats going to be

Empowered heal works on several of the epic destiny SLAs. Healing is cheap and easy, spell points are not that big an issue. I also have to agree that heighten is not going to be enough to provide workable DCs.

So... focus on con to increase survival, and realize that you can change destinies to swap out offense/defense.... and you end up with NovaSoul :)

Ancient
08-05-2013, 12:45 AM
I would probably go for an Elf (because I always do) for Invisibility and Displacement (can be cast on others as well and cant be removed other than by death as much as I know). Then get as much spell absorption on Items as I can and a high move silenty skill, probably from a 2 monk split to make up for the 2 feats and get evasion/higher saves for quests where that is more useful than ac and prr.
That would be my take on a heal bot fvs though, a different approach, not a suggestion to adjust your build.
I'm waiting on open beta, but I agree with your direction. Based on the feedback from multiple people, I think I'm going to try an elf 18/2 for the next version of NovaSoul.

Azarddoze
08-05-2013, 12:52 AM
I'll also have to agree with people going elf and splashing monk for displacement, evasion and better saves.

We used to praise the DR coming from the captstone but if you focus on EE, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Though if you play on other difficulties, it is still a good choice.

A healbot really doesn't lose much by sacrificing DCs, DPS and even a bit of SP for more survivability. He mostly gains from it.

DevinC
08-05-2013, 07:45 AM
I'll also have to agree with people going elf and splashing monk for displacement, evasion and better saves.

We used to praise the DR coming from the captstone but if you focus on EE, it doesn't mean anything anymore. Though if you play on other difficulties, it is still a good choice.

A healbot really doesn't lose much by sacrificing DCs, DPS and even a bit of SP for more survivability. He mostly gains from it.

this build is ment to be a "stay back and heal" type so that means the evasion is not really necessary and also with the gear lay up with this build the evasion wont do much in EEs and elf lose -2 to con which is always a pain in the butt, yes they do get +2 to dex that means 1 point of extra reflex save but taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect, although that isn't a bad idea, I just find my heal play style to be accustomed to this build, and with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect but yes the survivability is better then this

SirValentine
08-05-2013, 07:53 AM
taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect

With the super-high Charisma you're building for, you can just scroll those WITHOUT Sorc Dil. You should be able to hit UMD in the low 40s without trying very hard at all. With a bit of gear, maybe 50ish could be within reach.

with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect

Heighten doesn't help Implosion at all, and I don't see how 3 points on BB is worth it on a Wisdom-dumped stay-in-the-back-and-heal build. Empower Healing (or even Enlarge) is probably a better uses of your feats than Heighten for this build.

DevinC
08-05-2013, 08:03 AM
With the super-high Charisma you're building for, you can just scroll those WITHOUT Sorc Dil. You should be able to hit UMD in the low 40s without trying very hard at all. With a bit of gear, maybe 50ish could be within reach.

Heighten doesn't help Implosion at all, and I don't see how 3 points on BB is worth it on a Wisdom-dumped stay-in-the-back-and-heal build. Empower Healing (or even Enlarge) is probably a better uses of your feats than Heighten for this build.

your right it is,i actually made some changes to it since I trd last night i modified the heighten to emp heal for better healing on the cocoon

DevinC
08-05-2013, 08:06 AM

and yes i am aware that heighten doesn't affect implosion

Domthegreat
08-05-2013, 09:01 AM

Yes, elf may be useful, but 18/2 fvs is not the best choice because you only get 2 lvl 9 spells, and personally, i cant run around on a healer and not have implosion, energy drain, and mass heal. Altough i do agree that the saves would be nice, and if u were going for that build of 18/2 id suggest helf fir the dilly because you can take pally dilly and get an extra +5 to your saves.

myliftkk_v2
08-05-2013, 09:24 AM
this build is ment to be a "stay back and heal" type so that means the evasion is not really necessary and also with the gear lay up with this build the evasion wont do much in EEs and elf lose -2 to con which is always a pain in the butt, yes they do get +2 to dex that means 1 point of extra reflex save but taking helf you can take sorc dilly and scroll displacement and ect, although that isn't a bad idea, I just find my heal play style to be accustomed to this build, and with the heighten your dc should be in the 30s,in EH or EN that's fine to be using BB, comet fall, implosion ect but yes the survivability is better then this

No need to scroll Displacement. Just scroll ShadowWalk.

Book_O_Dragons
08-05-2013, 09:37 AM
Have you considered paladin dilly? +4-5 to all saves is something I'd prefer over the arcane scrolls I can umd.

DevinC
08-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Have you considered paladin dilly? +4-5 to all saves is something I'd prefer over the arcane scrolls I can umd.

yes ive been thinking about the pally dilly im going try out different variations of all these suggestions but yes the pally will d o just fine

DevinC
08-05-2013, 09:58 AM
No need to scroll Displacement. Just scroll ShadowWalk.

yes that too but my personal opinion of shadow walk is I don't like because makes your screen purple but other then that it would be great addition to the build if you can get past that

kuro_zero
08-05-2013, 10:26 AM
Yes, elf may be useful, but 18/2 fvs is not the best choice because you only get 2 lvl 9 spells

FvS 18 only get 1 level 9 spell.

Ancient
08-05-2013, 11:02 AM
Right now, I think HELF is the best FVS race with tons of options: Fighter for weapon profs, Monk for heal amp or pally for saves.

Enhancement pass changes the math.

myliftkk_v2
08-05-2013, 11:23 AM
yes that too but my personal opinion of shadow walk is I don't like because makes your screen purple but other then that it would be great addition to the build if you can get past that

Once you seen the inside of a quest 20+ times, seeing it in purple is hardly bothersome. You get used to it. Purple screen is the price you pay, but you do need to know the quests pretty well. I've used it through all end game stuff where I do standoff healing and it works great. Especially since you will pick up aggro of undead in places like CiTW & FoT via mass casts and can pretty well ignore them until someone comes to clean them up off you. Only melee weakness is getting aggro'd by a boatload of archers since their attack speed will overwhelm the displace.

I've not tried stacking Shadow Fade and Shadow Walk yet, but I've got a few EDs left to cap before I try that. That would make one even more impervious, but it's a little harder to execute.

Ironclans_evil_twin
08-05-2013, 12:37 PM
HOW TO MAKE A RAID CAPABLE HEALER:

Class splits:
15 of more levels of Cleric 17 or more of FvS (objective is getting Cure Critical Mass, everything else is optional except FvS wings)

Ability Stats:
Con over 14

Tomes:
Sure if you want

Feats:
Quicken, Maximize, and some others

Enhancements:
At least three tiers of Positive Spell power, or two tiers... whatever.

Spell selection: Mass Critical and Mass Serious cures (rocker between when one is on cool down) Heal and Cure Critical (rocker between when one is on cooldown), greater Resto and some res scrolls.

Gear:
At least a Red Devotion Augment 114, optionally something with 120 devotion, Also Res scrolls, bring a few SP pots just in case.

And we're done, Enjoy my fancy shmancy Raid healing build -- whatever else you want to do build. BTW no one better steal credit for mah build! I know to avoid anyone stealing credit I'll name my build something super duper.... Ah hah, this build is called:

The Hjeal-Meh

DevinC
08-05-2013, 01:04 PM
HOW TO MAKE A RAID CAPABLE HEALER:

Class splits:
15 of more levels of Cleric 17 or more of FvS (objective is getting Cure Critical Mass, everything else is optional except FvS wings)

Ability Stats:
Con over 14

Tomes:
Sure if you want

Feats:

Enhancements:
At least three tiers of Positive Spell power, or two tiers... whatever.

Spell selection: Mass Critical and Mass Serious cures (rocker between when one is on cool down) Heal and Cure Critical (rocker between when one is on cooldown), greater Resto and some res scrolls.

Gear:
At least a Red Devotion Augment 114, optionally something with 120 devotion, Also Res scrolls, bring a few SP pots just in case.

And we're done, Enjoy my fancy shmancy Raid healing build -- whatever else you want to do build. BTW no one better steal credit for mah build! I know to avoid anyone stealing credit I'll name my build something super duper.... Ah hah, this build is called:

The Hjeal-Meh

Okay....? so whats the rest of the build

Ironclans_evil_twin
08-05-2013, 01:15 PM
In all seriousness this level of Hjeal Botting is just not necessary except and only except; when running with a terrible group with a terrible leader. Even then you will probably be blamed by the terrible leader. See my Bad pug vent thread for an example.

I find an obvious melee splash on my Healers helps weed out bad leaders. As people who are so unconfident in their own abilities often (but not always) decline healers who have a splash of anything. So two of my three group Heal capable (and willing) characters are splashed with three melee class levels.

Sadly you will also weed out at least the odd good raid leader who's just uninformed. But I'm here to tell you the trade off is worth it.

On Thelanis I have run into this exact scenario... There's a guy who (see my bad pug vent thread) is utterly terrible who blames whatever healer is in his group for his own ineptitude and uber mana spongey fighter, he and his guildies post PUG raids usually one or two every night, and I know better than to subject myself to them, Considering how long he takes to fill his raids and how often they end up with FvS/Cleric only icons on, I suspect a lot of other Thelanis people know better as well.

OTOH there's a guy who leads pretty well, who I've run with a couple dozen times on my pure FvS, who mistrusts my 17 FvS Bladeforged Pali splash. He has declined me with the actual statement that he mistrusts splashed healers. I know he doesn't suck, and it's too bad he's leery but honestly I'm running a healer, I have no shortage of groups I can join, when I finish one and see his CitW is still sitting there with a healer icon, he's the one who's suffering for his own misconceptions... him and the other odd 9 or 10 people who just spent a half hour standing in Eveningstar cavern while I got 40k XP who could have been most of the way finished with the raid by then...

SirValentine
08-05-2013, 05:07 PM
17 or more of FvS (objective is getting Cure Critical Mass, everything else is optional except FvS wings)

Even Wings straight from FvS is optional, since you can get it from your ED, too.

Ability Stats:
Con over 14

I suggest at least a few points in the "casting stat" (the one that gives you SP, not necessarily the one that gives you DCs). You need 18 to cast those 8th level spells, and there are places in the game your equipment can get disjuncted, so you you don't want to count purely on gear.

Feats:

I rather like Empower Healing. Works on SLAs for free, even ones not affected by Maximize & Empower, the only thing that works on Heal, cheaper than Empower and cheaper per amount boosted than Maximize.

Iaga
08-07-2013, 12:43 PM
My main, Pixma, is also a heal focused first life FVS. He was based largely on Impaqt's 'evoker soul' and performed pretty darn well until epics came out. Then his DCs and Spell Pen just couldn't cut it anymore [i'm referring to EE play, EH and below can be solo'd by int-based barbs running in fatesinger ...] so i LRed him into what i call an 'attrition' build. Out Live Out Last is his motto! I thought i'd chime in with a few comments based on my experience [that and i'm piking at work]

Feats
You don't need heighten. Any spell that it will help still won't have a high enough DC and spell pen to work. Don't waste the slot. Empowered healing is hugely useful. Even if you only ever use it for cocoon, it's worth it. With all the low SP healing a build like this can put out it's definitely worth it.

Stats
Going Cha focused isn't as bad an idea as many seem to say it is. Some of the better DPS options are in the EA tree and their DCs are wis or cha. It gives you a little more SP [29 per 2x point bracket if i remember correctly] and more importantly, it makes UMD a very realistic option. Blur/displace/haste/fireshield/etc etc are all hugely useful. Wisdom is only useful for DCs and a build like this will never get them high enough to matter - so why even try?

Class Split
Losing 2x level 9 spells isn't as big a deal as people think. Mass heal is only useful in a tiny number of circumstances because of it's deplorably slow cast time. Mass cure is so much faster and hits hard enough to work. Energy drain is the level 9 spell you want to carry. Being able to do DPS in the thousands on the first cast is very worth it. Also, adding 2x levels of pally is likely a really good trade off. You lose 10 DR, 2x level 9 spells and the capstone ability but stand to gain 15+ on all saves. This is something i should likely do with Pixma, but haven't gotten around to it ... :(

*** the OP's comment about standing in the back so not needing to worry about evasion/saves ... bad idea imo. In EE people die when you get knocked down. You need to make saves a priority [you can run in sentinal to shore this up a bit, but that destroys the little damage you get from angel]

Gear
My gear sucks badly. I know it's 'good enough' to get by, but if i ever get around to working at it, i know it can make a big difference. The gear listed by the OP sucks too :confused:

Wrap
The build works the same way the old firewall fishing arcanes used to. Zerg ahead til you get some DA, turtle up with 2x HOTs running and spot heal as needed. Then just let the light show begin. Just make sure to abuse the HOTs, heal amp and make sure you've max'd out your damage mitigation via PRR, dodge, displacement.

If i could even find a way to up his DPS i'd never play anyone else....

Wipey
08-07-2013, 12:55 PM
Mass heal is only useful in a tiny number of circumstances because of it's deplorably slow cast time. Mass cure is so much faster and hits hard enough to work.
I got one of those 2 pally splits, and is my go toon for Citws and Fots and sammich-afk-hjealing. Initially lol toon became one with most raid completions.
While Energy drain is AWESOME for red nameds, Mass heal is just infinitely more SP efficient than any cure, and when you are lone hjealer, even with 4k+ SP, efficiency ( renewal, cocoon, Shiradi Spring sometimes ) is the name of the game.
I could see opting for Energy drain if you focus more on questing and less on raids though .