PDA

View Full Version : August 4th, Login Issues

Pages : [1] 2

Tolero
08-04-2013, 12:31 AM
As of 1:28 AM Eastern (-4 GMT), ff you are still encountering login issues or spontaneous log outs, we ask that you please submit a support ticket (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp) with details of your server, character, and real world (not game world) location to assist our tech team with troubleshooting. Thank you for your patience!

toaftoaf
08-04-2013, 12:41 AM
but it started the 3rd. it did go away once but its back

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
08-04-2013, 12:44 AM
Tolero, a support ticket would be great if one can log onto the website. My guild leader cannot access anything, the game, the forums or the preview.

Her main character name is Paksenarion. Maybe you can trace where the problem lies. Thanks!! :)

PS: I like the support ticket page, is that newly designed? Looks sharp. Been a long time since I entered a ticket...

Tolero
08-04-2013, 12:57 AM
Tolero, a support ticket would be great if one can log onto the website. My guild leader cannot access anything, the game, the forums or the preview.

Her main character name is Paksenarion. Maybe you can trace where the problem lies. Thanks!! :)

PS: I like the support ticket page, is that newly designed? Looks sharp. Been a long time since I entered a ticket...

Are they getting a "maintenance" page at the sites, rather than the actual site? If so this page (http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3935/DDO-com-related-sites-show-Maintenance-pages-after-the-website-update) (which should still be accessible even if they have that issue) will walk through how to correct it.

... the ticketing page shouldn't be impacted by that, nor does it require you to be logged in to be able to send the ticket. It should allow you to simply fill in the appropriate details/contact info. Hope this helps!

mojoflea
08-04-2013, 01:06 AM
today started bad for me, went to work at comcast which truely sucks, and now I can't play the game I have invested a fair bit of money into.
Thanks Turbine, now I can honestly states today sucks in every shape form and fashion

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
08-04-2013, 01:29 AM
Are they getting a "maintenance" page at the sites, rather than the actual site? If so this page (http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/3935/DDO-com-related-sites-show-Maintenance-pages-after-the-website-update) (which should still be accessible even if they have that issue) will walk through how to correct it.

... the ticketing page shouldn't be impacted by that, nor does it require you to be logged in to be able to send the ticket. It should allow you to simply fill in the appropriate details/contact info. Hope this helps!

Paks is getting a timed out message on the forums, live game and preview.

She tried the hosts file and dnsflush fixes but neither worked.

You were right the ticket page did work, and she entered a ticket.

So needless to say she's currently climbing her apartment walls in anticipation of flagging down a Turbine helicopter that can assist her in logging on soon!

Tolero
08-04-2013, 01:38 AM
Paks is getting a timed out message on the forums, live game and preview.

She tried the hosts file and dnsflush fixes but neither worked.

You were right the ticket page did work, and she entered a ticket.

So needless to say she's currently climbing her apartment walls in anticipation of flagging down a Turbine helicopter that can assist her in logging on soon!

I'm fairly certain it's not on her end. I've been having issues logging into the site tonight as well.

registrar177
08-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Thank you for the link to submit a ticket. I have never felt inclined to submit one before and had no idea how to do it or where to find it. Any update on when things will be fixed?

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 01:44 AM
So, can't login as several others have posted here. Any chance of extending the +2 loot bonus weekend or otherwise compensating those who missed a good portion of it due to login issues?

Deadnettle
08-04-2013, 01:49 AM
The ticket page won't let me select a game and won't allow me to submit.

I still can't log in. I normally play on Thelanis, but I'm not even getting to the world choice stage. I am physically in Seattle.

(I haven't been able to log in to this forum on my regular account either, but that's been going on for months.)

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
08-04-2013, 02:16 AM
I'm fairly certain it's not on her end. I've been having issues logging into the site tonight as well.

Thank you very much for letting us know. It is what it is. Good luck fixing it. DDO can wait until tomorrow ;)

Singular
08-04-2013, 03:00 AM
Hi,

I live in Tokyo, Japan. I couldn't log on in the morning here - about 10:00 AM. Now it's 5:00 PM, so 7 hours later, and I still can't log in. The launcher cannot get past connecting to server, so the error I'm getting is "An update error occurred. Cannot connect to server." I just read this thread and so submitted a ticket with the information requested by Tolero above.

If anyone has any new details on this problem, it would be wonderful if you'd post them.

Otherwise, if Tolero reads this, I have one unrelated suggestion: make the description box on the ticket submission page larger. It's so small I can't read more than one sentence of my writing, so I cannot edit.

Cheers, have a better day,

:)

Rubix
08-04-2013, 03:03 AM
/snip ...and real world (not game world) location ...

I don't get it. My real world location should not have any impact on the fact that all my characters which were last left standing in the Lordsmarch Bank cannot be accessed, but any character in any other lication has no problem.

Ah well, (sigh).... heading over to fill in the support ticket now.

Turyturbo
08-04-2013, 03:08 AM
I played for few hours until 7:42 p.m. (MST). I got spiked (lag). I could not move until a message appeared stating that my DDO screen needs to be rebooted due to the connectivity issues. I clicked 'OK'. It killed the DDO screen then implemented the launcher automatically. Since that occurrence, it never able to pass 33% of process before it takes me to 'Login page'. It retried over 200 times and no luck.

I traced (tracert) and the results are matched to other players who posted on this forum. My other friends in same state but one hour south and used different ISP are able to log in and play. Umm...

Rubix
08-04-2013, 03:33 AM
All my characters which last logged off in the Lordsmarch Bank cannot be accessed, every other character not last left standing in the bank has no problem logging in. When attempting to access a character in the bank, the splash page loads, the progress bar does NOT fill, and after about 2-3 minutes, the client crashed and a message displays stating that i have lost connectivity to the server.

I have tested the affect by creating a new character and logging off in the market, logging back in and then logging off in the bank. The new character is not affected by whatever is holding the other characters in the bank.

So my ticket was submitted as such.

The automated response from Turbine tech support was received, and then it states:

Per the issue you are reporting a "DXDiag" file can aid us in assisting you. To send us this information as a file attachment with your reply

Really? How do you get to that? It's the same as saying that my real world location is having an effect on which characters I can access, and which I can't. If it wasn't such a game breaking issue, I'd be in fits of laughter right about now.

Leaveblank
08-04-2013, 03:43 AM
I filled out the ticket you wanted last night ... get up ... nothing but the auto response email saying 3-4 days to get response ... this is NOT acceptable ... YOU (turbine) are the cause of the problem. It was working fine til you guys did something. And it really is annoying that I am not going to be able to play for days because you didnt FIX your mistake. Tolero ... you have got to inform support that that cannot stand. Sorry to put this complaint here but there seems to be no other place to get the word to those folks ... thanks Tolero and again, I know it isnt you.

monkeyluv
08-04-2013, 03:45 AM
Hi,

I live in Tokyo, Japan. I couldn't log on in the morning here - about 10:00 AM. Now it's 5:00 PM, so 7 hours later, and I still can't log in. The launcher cannot get past connecting to server, so the error I'm getting is "An update error occurred. Cannot connect to server." I just read this thread and so submitted a ticket with the information requested by Tolero above.

If anyone has any new details on this problem, it would be wonderful if you'd post them.

Otherwise, if Tolero reads this, I have one unrelated suggestion: make the description box on the ticket submission page larger. It's so small I can't read more than one sentence of my writing, so I cannot edit.

:)

No wonder they need your real world location, I bet this problem is localized. I, too, am having server connections problems and I'm playing from Japan.

My problems started last night when the game crashed as I was moving from The Harbor to Korthos Village. Ever since then, after selecting that character, I get to the world loading screen, there's no progress and I lose the server connection. But the game works fine for my other characters.

die
08-04-2013, 03:50 AM
Good News Neverwinter can be logged into so can counter strike and a handful of other games I own,

Singular
08-04-2013, 03:59 AM
No wonder they need your real world location, I bet this problem is localized. I, too, am having server connections problems and I'm playing from Japan.

My problems started last night when the game crashed as I was moving from The Harbor to Korthos Village. Ever since then, after selecting that character, I get to the world loading screen, there's no progress and I lose the server connection. But the game works fine for my other characters.

Well, you're getting much further into the game than I am! The "connecting to patch server" bar never gets past 33%. I assume it's not connecting at all and that 33% is just for show. A kind of "see, I'm really working hard here!"

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Tried logging into Lamannia. I did get further, to the character selection screen. Unfortunately, tried toons at different locations and never managed to load. Get connection to server lost before I ever get into game on both toons. Missing out on bonus loot and some CC farming :( Argghh!!!! And I am not in Japan. Here in the US, somewhere in the SW...

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 04:03 AM
Good News Neverwinter can be logged into so can counter strike and a handful of other games I own,

I could care less about those other MMOs or games (especially NW as I will never play it)! DDO is all I want to play and now would be good...

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 04:07 AM
Well, you're getting much further into the game than I am! The "connecting to patch server" bar never gets past 33%. I assume it's not connecting at all and that 33% is just for show. A kind of "see, I'm really working hard here!"

Mine never shows any blue on the "connecting to patch server" bar it's just attempt 1... FAILED attempt 2... FAILED and so on until it gets to 20 and the connection times out. Lamannia at least lets me select a character before it tries for several minutes and then fails.

Iyllelia
08-04-2013, 04:09 AM
...and no luck.

Some people are saying they can't log in with specific characters or on specific servers, I can't even get past "Initializing..." and when I close the launcher, it says "TurbineLauncher.exe has stopped working" and Windows shuts it down.

DelverRootnose1
08-04-2013, 04:14 AM
...just go look at this thread posted hours ago. It might actually help.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/421668-Update-Error-Occured-Server-Connection-Timed-Out?highlight=trace

die
08-04-2013, 04:19 AM
I could care less about those other MMOs or games (especially NW as I will never play it)! DDO is all I want to play and now would be good...

Your anger makes me happy

macadope
08-04-2013, 05:12 AM
I live in NJ, and i can't log either of my accounts still. Just letting you know, to answer the question, no, if you ignore it, it won't fix itself.

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 05:15 AM

Not that angry just think those other games really suck.

Rakuda13
08-04-2013, 05:17 AM

Im in Japan also,but as you can see everybody is screwed,My login in screen is stuck at initializing. Seems like you are new,When things go wrong at Turbin they really go wrong,dont expect this to get fixed in under a week.

Anyway any other players in Japan,I play in Argo when i can log in,and if you need somebody to run with hit me up with an IM.

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 05:18 AM
In this thread: https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/421694-Trouble-getting-on-Argo-server?p=5057075&posted=1#post5057075 , the OP speaks of only having issues logging onto Argo server. I've confirmed that I can log onto Ghallada, but still can't reach sweet Argo....

haulindonkey
08-04-2013, 05:19 AM
Im in Japan also,but as you can see everybody is screwed,My login in screen is stuck at initializing. Seems like you are new,When things go wrong at Turbin they really go wrong,dont expect this to get fixed in under a week.

Anyway any other players in Japan,I play in Argo when i can log in,and if you need somebody to run with hit me up with an IM.

Another Argo issue, Rakuda have you tried to log onto other servers?

Leaveblank
08-04-2013, 05:25 AM
I am in Pittsburgh ... my buddy is outside of Chicago ... this isnt a foreign or out in the boonies issue ... this is Turbine doing stealth updates and changes that are clearly bugged and deciding that if they can log in ... the problem is fixed (it isnt)

macadope
08-04-2013, 05:37 AM
do something about it.....no posts from devs in 4hrs...means no one cares

WartieDruid
08-04-2013, 05:45 AM
I tried to get in- Initializing take forever & then (when running as user and not as admin) it requests to allow VCREDI~3.EXE. I didn't allow - then it requests allow Turbine launcher, which I allowed.

I am getting the same 33% connecting to patch success. An update error occurred: Server connection timed out.

Singular
08-04-2013, 05:52 AM
Tried logging into Lamannia. I did get further, to the character selection screen. Unfortunately, tried toons at different locations and never managed to load. Get connection to server lost before I ever get into game on both toons. Missing out on bonus loot and some CC farming :( Argghh!!!! And I am not in Japan. Here in the US, somewhere in the SW...

Hey, we're just trying to be inclusive. Welcome to the party.

Singular
08-04-2013, 05:54 AM

Your happiness makes me laugh. A little.

DunkleNymphe
08-04-2013, 06:31 AM
The problems is there again. An hour ago, I could log in just fine. Then I logged out for lunch.. trying to log back into Wayfinder doesn't work.
I'm in Germany, btw, if that helps.

Rakuda13
08-04-2013, 07:00 AM
Another Argo issue, Rakuda have you tried to log onto other servers?

Cant even get past initinizing screen,doesnt even let me type in my account name or password.

Seneca_Windforge
08-04-2013, 07:01 AM

I'm having exactly the same problem.

jfrancis7352
08-04-2013, 07:03 AM
Can't login Sunday August 4, 4:54 AM in California, USA login screen gives a connection timed out error. The Account Button on the Login Screen (https://myaccount.turbine.com/?billing%5Btarget_lang%5D=en) also gives a connection timed out error. Couldn't login last night as well.

Martex1
08-04-2013, 07:12 AM
As of 1:28 AM Eastern (-4 GMT), ff you are still encountering login issues or spontaneous log outs, we ask that you please submit a support ticket (http://support.turbine.com/ics/support/splash.asp) with details of your server, character, and real world (not game world) location to assist our tech team with troubleshooting. Thank you for your patience!

I cant get the ticket page to come up, and it looks like I'm not the only one. Soara sever or something like that, sorry I just dont look at it that much. Char- name is Shamonah/ US, MN. When I try to login it stops at about 33% and tells me that an update error occurred, and then it try's to load again.

Impaqt
08-04-2013, 07:14 AM
I'm not liking what I'm reading.. I've got one character thats stuck. am I the only one that can log into some, but not all their toons?

syrturen
08-04-2013, 07:24 AM
Cant even get past initinizing screen,doesnt even let me type in my account name or password.

same problem here... any fix already?

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM

After 13 hours without service, ticket submitted with requested information.

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 07:31 AM
its marketplace the only character I cant log into is in marketplace other zones may be affected

Scrag
08-04-2013, 07:35 AM
As below: I can log in fine, with any char NOT in the harbor. Or more specifically... I left restless isle last night and this morning to zone into the harbor, and my character got wedged. I can play with other chars, but zoning caused those two chars to wedge. I can not play them now.

This is on sarlona.

All my characters which last logged off in the Lordsmarch Bank cannot be accessed, every other character not last left standing in the bank has no problem logging in. When attempting to access a character in the bank, the splash page loads, the progress bar does NOT fill, and after about 2-3 minutes, the client crashed and a message displays stating that i have lost connectivity to the server.

I have tested the affect by creating a new character and logging off in the market, logging back in and then logging off in the bank. The new character is not affected by whatever is holding the other characters in the bank.

So my ticket was submitted as such.

Scrag
08-04-2013, 07:36 AM
I'm not liking what I'm reading.. I've got one character thats stuck. am I the only one that can log into some, but not all their toons?

No, you are not alone. I don't know what the hell is broke, but it broke last night around 8pm EST.

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Seems like Lorsmarch bank Marketplace and harbor r all affected

Scrag
08-04-2013, 07:42 AM
So, this is pretty boned. I logged my char into zawabi just now, and tried to zone into the sands, and now THAT char is wedged. Thanks guys, I can't play.

Someone want to actually figure out what is broke please?

edit: Just a heads up. Every time this fails, ddo throws a "connection to server failed" error when it boots me from the game.

ChowFat
08-04-2013, 07:54 AM
As below: I can log in fine, with any char NOT in the harbor. Or more specifically... I left restless isle last night and this morning to zone into the harbor, and my character got wedged. I can play with other chars, but zoning caused those two chars to wedge. I can not play them now.

This is on sarlona.

I can log into any server except the one I use Orien. I get the Attempt to connect to logon server 20 of 20 connection failed. I'm in the US. I have no issues at all on any other server I was in the middle of a quest got kicked and can no longer login.

Scrag
08-04-2013, 07:55 AM
Further testing indicates that any area I can log into (not zone between) always states "chat unavailable". If I can't tell or guildchat to someone, then I can't communicate with them. And I am afraid of trying to zone....

edit: So yeah, if I CAN log into a char, I can't zone. 100% failure rate for me to zone any char I can log in when any zone attempt fails. All of my chars are currently unplayable at this time (sarlona).

imandria
08-04-2013, 07:58 AM
I also can't get past the 'Initializing' screen. I got the auto-response to my support ticket, with suggestions which were completely not helpful, AT ALL.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 08:12 AM
Just to keep everyone updated, and to make sure folks are aware that we are aware of the issue: We are continuing to investigate reports of log in issues, and hope to have more information to pass along soon. When we do have something new to report, we'll let you know immediately.

Ironforge_Clan
08-04-2013, 08:17 AM
Just to keep everyone updated, and to make sure folks are aware that we are aware of the issue: We are continuing to investigate reports of log in issues, and hope to have more information to pass along soon. When we do have something new to report, we'll let you know immediately.

Cordovan it isn't just log in. I have been able to log in on certain character but when going from zone to zone (i.e. Twelve to Savarath, Market to Catacombs, etc.) I am being disconnected from the server. It is definitely a related issue and has been mentioned in other threads. Ticket submitted.

enochiancub
08-04-2013, 08:19 AM

Thanks for the heads up. Now if you could make the fifty other threads about the same issue vanish that'd be great!

RealKorike
08-04-2013, 08:26 AM
I've been unable to log in to Live or Lama since last night (US Midwest). Also cannot log into LotRO. The same issue is occurring for both in that I cannot connect to patch servers. I've rebooted, flushed DNS, reset router, and still the same error. Tracert shows the issue MAY be outside turbine.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 08:28 AM
Cordovan it isn't just log in. I have been able to log in on certain character but when going from zone to zone (i.e. Twelve to Savarath, Market to Catacombs, etc.) I am being disconnected from the server. It is definitely a related issue and has been mentioned in other threads. Ticket submitted.

Understood.

I've been unable to log in to Live or Lama since last night (US Midwest). Also cannot log into LotRO. The same issue is occurring for both in that I cannot connect to patch servers. I've rebooted, flushed DNS, reset router, and still the same error. Tracert shows the issue MAY be outside turbine.

Yes, this is not just impacting DDO, but appears to be impacting all of our games.

Korikash
08-04-2013, 08:37 AM
I can log into any server except the one I use Orien. I get the Attempt to connect to logon server 20 of 20 connection failed. I'm in the US. I have no issues at all on any other server I was in the middle of a quest got kicked and can no longer login.

This ^ except Ghallanda instead of Orien. I can log in to every other server and was even able to log in a character on Thelanis and run around the Marketplace. However all of my useful characters are on Ghallanda...

Impaqt
08-04-2013, 08:42 AM
weird. seems specifically related to Korthos island for me now. 2 characters. 2 different installations. timing ion loading into characters that are located in korthos Village.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Filed ticket - now what? Are there any suggestions of things to try? Anything at all? Try logging in with a different character? (I've currently got two characters "stuck in limbo" and I dared not try another - yet).

Anyone? Anyone? {Bueller? Bueller?}
;)

Cyndder
08-04-2013, 09:05 AM
I can log into every server; except for Khyber...the server I run on. Get the "Searching for logon server..." 20 times messages before it fails. I did a clean install on this machine a month ago so the old DNS fix from years ago are no longer in place...is it time to add them back again?

Gchrisberry1
08-04-2013, 09:08 AM
Filed ticket - now what? Are there any suggestions of things to try? Anything at all? Try logging in with a different character? (I've currently got two characters "stuck in limbo" and I dared not try another - yet).

Anyone? Anyone? {Bueller? Bueller?}
;)

Just as an FYI, I still can't get into Khyber, but was able to play Wayfinder just fine.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 09:15 AM
We are also investigating whether there might be external issues at play, so for folks who are experiencing this issue, what ISP are you using (Comcast, Time Warner, etc?)

ChowFat
08-04-2013, 09:17 AM
We are also investigating whether there might be external issues at play, so for folks who are experiencing this issue, what ISP are you using (Comcast, Time Warner, etc?)

Verizon

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 09:18 AM

Comcast. Should we also update ticket with info?

(I assume yes, but one never knows...)
;)

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 09:20 AM
Comcast. Should we also update ticket with info?

(I assume yes, but one never knows...)
;)

I am hesitant to tell everyone to do that at this point, but if you feel like it it probably doesn't hurt.

1cebeast
08-04-2013, 09:21 AM

ATT.
Stuck at initialization screen.

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 09:22 AM

Comcrap, err Comcast.

:(

Singular
08-04-2013, 09:23 AM
I am hesitant to tell everyone to do that at this point, but if you feel like it it probably doesn't hurt.

I have just been able to log in as if everything is normal - from Japan. Time is 10:22 AM in New York, 11:22 PM here. This is the first time in about 13 hours. So, whatever you guys fixed seems to be working on this end. I'll try to log in again in 20 minutes and if there's a problem, repost here.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 09:25 AM
Why is that song by "Steelers Wheel" running through my head?
;)

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 09:27 AM
Why is that song by "Steelers Wheel" running through my head?
;)

This one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q)

Raoull
08-04-2013, 09:28 AM
I think it is ISP related. I'm using ATT DSL in Chicago.

In addition to the game having massive problems, I can't even get to www.ddo.com. (I'm using a connection other than my normal one to post this.) So if my phone is on my home wireless.... no DDO Forums. If I turn wireless off, and use the phone network, DDO forums work fine.

From my home network, I can ping www.ddo.com just fine. Telnetting to ports 80 or 443, however, time out.

The game does work... ish... like other people, if I try hard enough I can get it. It seems like 90% of the time though, I can't load into a zone with my toon. Whether that's the first load in or a subsequent one is unimportant. But that means even if I luck out and get in... as soon as I try to go into another area I'm dead again.

(All this info is in the ticket I submitted. Oddly enough, I can get to support.turbine.com from my home network....)

ComicRelief
This one? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DohRa9lsx0Q)

But of course.
;)

enochiancub
Sod the game, I'm just amazed someone made a Stealers Wheel reference.

Drwaz99
08-04-2013, 09:29 AM
Kinda of interesting that I can't get past the initialization screen on the live server launcher but Lamannia fires up first time no issues.

jscott457
08-04-2013, 09:31 AM

Originally, I would get to the character screen, and then get stuck trying to log in a particular character. Now I get this issue. Trying to log in to Sarlona and I get Attempt to connect to logon server 20 of 20 connection failed.

Funny thing is, I can log into Cannith server just fine.

This is a strange one...

Scrag
08-04-2013, 09:32 AM
RE isp question:

verizon fios out of dc metro area.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 09:34 AM
Sod the game, I'm just amazed someone made a Stealers Wheel reference.

Nerds never grow up - they just grow old.
;)

unacceptable
08-04-2013, 09:34 AM

Verizon FIOS

Everything else is working fine. Speed test came back stellar.

Cyndder
08-04-2013, 09:38 AM
Comcast; I also put a trace route into the ticket I submitted. Looking at the list though this appears to be infecting just about every carrier....any chance this is a bad DNS propagation issue that could simply be fixed by us once again adding IP addresses to our local host files in order to 'fix/patch this issue until the DNS servers are resolved....like what happened several years ago?

Joshguin
08-04-2013, 09:42 AM

AT&T DSL. No problem with the forums, but stuck at the initializing part for both live and Lamma.

I can log onto non-turbine games such as Neverwinter. That one bores me though

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 09:43 AM
Comcast; I also put a trace route into the ticket I submitted. Looking at the list though this appears to be infecting just about every carrier....any chance this is a bad DNS propagation issue that could simply be fixed by us once again adding IP addresses to our local host files in order to 'fix/patch this issue until the DNS servers are resolved....like what happened several years ago?

While I suppose that could be possible, I would think that if that were the case, one would not be able to log-in at all. I can get to character selection, and see the DDO store from there, and even launch character creation - I just can't get into the game when I select my character (of course, with two in limbo, I've not dared tried the others yet).

But what do I know?
;)

ShitroDuepa
08-04-2013, 09:48 AM
I accessed the ticket page and filled out the form, but could not submit the ticket. "Router required," it says. Just so you know, Tolero.

Drwaz99
08-04-2013, 09:51 AM
I accessed the ticket page and filled out the form, but could not submit the ticket. "Router required," it says. Just so you know, Tolero.

There's a section where you need to put router information in. It's required information, so if you leave it blank it will not send the ticket. If you don't know the make an model put "NA" in the box.

Cyndder
08-04-2013, 09:53 AM
While I suppose that could be possible, I would think that if that were the case, one would not be able to log-in at all. I can get to character selection, and see the DDO store from there, and even launch character creation - I just can't get into the game when I select my character (of course, with two in limbo, I've not dared tried the others yet).

But what do I know?
;)

It really would depend on if DNS did not propagate equitably or completely to each of the carriers. Some may lost all IP addresses for turbine and others could be incomplete. The only way to take DNS out of the equation would be to add the entries to our local host file; reboot to ensure it takes, and see if that corrects some of our issues. I can log onto every server except Khyber which is failing to find the login server. (Even got onto and moved around on Lamania.) I created a toon and got onto the ship on Wayfinder to open a ticket last night....to be told "...if necessary." They would post something here (almost 14 hours ago). What I'm offering to do--if the devs will send us the information...is add in the appropriate entries into my hosts file and see if this is a DNS issue.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 10:03 AM
Well, I'm able to log-in with one of my two "stuck in limbo" characters - and even move between zones. Hope it stayes that way *knock on wood*
;)

Qoward
08-04-2013, 10:04 AM
Im using AT&T in Milwaukee, WI. Can't get on here either :/

Failedlegend
08-04-2013, 10:05 AM

Bell, Canada, Near Toronto I can log-in fine

Raoull
08-04-2013, 10:05 AM
So odd.....

For a bit there, I thought I was working again. Did a number of zone ins, all was fine.

Eventually decide "OK, I can play". Leave the ship and zone into harbor, all is well. Zone into Spinner's Prison? Nope. Not a chance. Restart client, still can't get in.

Give up.

'da hell.....

Momsboys
08-04-2013, 10:09 AM

Qwest/Centurylink working just fine. Just so you know.

Rockcrusher
08-04-2013, 10:13 AM

Started on 8/3 at 6:00 PM PST and my carrier is Verizon (FIOS).

After an hour or two, I rebooted the PC, flushed DNS, rebooted the router, etc. to no avail.

Did tracert and ping successfully last night, but keeps failing when trying to contact authentication server.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 10:21 AM
Darn defective wood...
;)

Rockcrusher
08-04-2013, 10:29 AM

After an hour or two, I rebooted the PC, flushed DNS, rebooted the router, etc. to no avail.

Did tracert and ping successfully last night, but keeps failing when trying to contact authentication server.

As a follow-up: I was able to logon to Sarlona with one character, but not my normal server Argo

Rockcrusher
08-04-2013, 10:30 AM

As a follow-up: I was able to logon to Sarlona with one character, but not my normal server, Argo.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 10:34 AM
Thanks, everyone, for the information. We are continuing to investigate.

packrat2488
08-04-2013, 10:39 AM
Still having issues getting past the launcher 33% error.

AT&T Houston Texas

RealKorike
08-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Issues started last evening near 8PM CST - ATT UVerse ISP - Kansas City Metro area. Still occurring, same issue. Launcher pops up then fails to connect to patch server.

Dee_Snider
08-04-2013, 10:42 AM
Time: Started 8/3 - still happening
Server: Khyber
Character: all toons of Dee_Snider but mainly Chromedreams
Real world (not game world) location: Peoria, IL
ISP: Comcast
Router: Motorola SURFboard SB5101U
Operating system: Windows XP

In a nutshell: I login no problem, select my character (Chromedreams, showing in the correct location like all other toons), and then I get the load screen that never loads. The blue bar at the bottom doesn't fill at all and the in-game "triangle" cursor is present, which isn't normally there. After a few minutes of not loading, it crashes, shutting down DDO completely and spitting out the message: "The Connection to the Server has been Lost". I've tried all the usual stuff (unplug router, flush dns, ccleaner, etc.) but it still behaves the same. Have submitted a ticket. Thanks!

Kik97
08-04-2013, 10:43 AM
Now I can't even get past the login server, fails on 20 out of 20 attempts before timing out. Yesterday I was able to get to character selection and choose a character, then it would crash when trying to load that character. That went on for about an hour yesterday with different characters before I was able to get one to load completely.

Verizon Pearl River, New York

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 10:43 AM
So...with the log-in/staying connected issues this weekend, any chance Cove will be extended another week(end)? {Hey, someone was bound to ask - might as well be me...}
;)

Yogurt717
08-04-2013, 10:52 AM

Commie Cast

hidingdevil2002
08-04-2013, 10:53 AM
Submitted my ticket and sent my dxdiag file. Launcher opens, says initializing and just sits there. This is out of the blue.

Kik97
08-04-2013, 11:03 AM
Well just for an update, I was able to get to char selection on my laptop (connected to optimum online thru my brother's router) and looks like char I selected is loading in. However, I wonder if this problem has been going on for more than 2 days, like maybe for a week at least. I have a guild member, whose main character is a rogue called Traps, that hasn't been able to log in since last sunday (7/28). He's even done a reinstall of the game and hasn't been able to login after doing that.

wmdearmond
08-04-2013, 11:04 AM
I am tying to login from Gallup New Mexico via comcast so far no dice keep geting the sme thing on both clients

ThugaNug
08-04-2013, 11:04 AM
Verizon Fios Richmond Va. Cannith Server, can log into any other server just not the only one i use... 20 of 20 connection attempt deal..Have been vip since 2010... renewing in a few days??? hrmmm downloading neverwinter now

TempestAlphaOmega
08-04-2013, 11:19 AM
Verizon FIOS from New Jersey

Was on Last night and this morning with no issue.

Tried to get on starting 15 minutes ago and the client will not get past "Initializing" so I don't even get to select a world.

Kik97
08-04-2013, 11:28 AM
same thing with the server except mine is thelanis. just loggeg onto cannith successfully.

ChiliBean
08-04-2013, 11:30 AM
Khyber is up. No more "initialization" message.

Kik97
08-04-2013, 11:31 AM
same thing with the server except mine is thelanis. just logged onto cannith successfully.

Tres_Tacos
08-04-2013, 11:36 AM
I'm getting the same timeout when I try to log in to Sarlona, but I can log on to G-land and play just fine.

Gchrisberry1
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
Still having issues getting past the launcher 33% error.

AT&T Houston Texas

Try opening up two instances of launcher. Mine was getting stuck on dat files, opened up second instance and after it loaded fully, closed first instance before logging in.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 11:38 AM
All right, we've taken a step that we are hoping will have alleviated this issue as of 12:36 pm Eastern time. Please do not report any issues that you may have experienced prior to this time and let me know:

1. Are you currently continuing to experience issues logging into your characters in-game?
2. Are you able to log into the game, but are finding yourself being disconnected during loading screens (barring the longstanding issue where you may be kicked out upon first log in, then successful the 2nd time?)

ForumFrenzy
08-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Currently can log into the the game and get to the character select screen. However, when I select a character it will proceed to the loading sceen and stall for about 2 minutes before giving a connection lost message.

theaddler55
08-04-2013, 11:43 AM
Nothing has changed for me, I still click on the shortcut, and start "Getting data centers......"

Then get "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server"

Drwaz99
08-04-2013, 11:44 AM
All right, we've taken a step that we are hoping will have alleviated this issue as of 12:36 pm Eastern time. Please do not report any issues that you may have experienced prior to this time and let me know:

1. Are you currently continuing to experience issues logging into your characters in-game?
2. Are you able to log into the game, but are finding yourself being disconnected during loading screens (barring the longstanding issue where you may be kicked out upon first log in, then successful the 2nd time?)

Just checked and reset/restarted everything...launcher is stuck on "initializing". Just as it has been since late last night.

ninpospirit
08-04-2013, 11:45 AM

Still getting time out connecting to patch server. Verizon DSL, Central PA

DanteEnFuego
08-04-2013, 11:45 AM

1. No. No change. Stuck on "Initializing"
2. No.

Systern
08-04-2013, 11:46 AM

12:44 PM:
Search for Logon Server x20 trying to connect to Orien.
Can get to Character Select screen on Ghallanda (no characters.)
Log successfully onto Cannith (favor farmer Level 4), landed in harbor, zoned to market.

Azalin
08-04-2013, 11:47 AM

So, by fixing it you booted me from the game and I lost connection and cannot reconnect as of 11:40 CST.

That's a fix?

1) YES
2) Happened at 11:40

Kik97
Still having issues connecting to the login server, failing on 20 out of 20 attempts. As an experiment, I tried to on all live servers and failed on 3 of them, Thelanis, Orien and Wayfinder.

die
AS OF 10:46 AM MOUNTAIN same story ( the 33% bug still)

DanteEnFuego
08-04-2013, 11:48 AM
I did get bored and fired up an old Diablo 3 install. This outage has reaffirmed how much better DDO is than other games when it is up, which is almost always for me... The last times we were down this long I ended up with new children. My wife has locked herself in her closet... Please save her soon!

jscott457
08-04-2013, 11:50 AM
No change for me.

Sarlona server (where I normally play):
-Still failing at "Searching for Logon Server" after 20 attempts
"connection failed. Client timed out the connection."

Cannith server:
-works normally

J

RealKorike
08-04-2013, 11:50 AM
Still experiencing the same issues that started last night.

syrturen
08-04-2013, 11:51 AM

1. No. Still stuck on "Initializing..."
2. No.

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 11:52 AM
Negative, Ghostrider. As of 09:50 Pacific (12:50 Eastern), still unable to get past splash screen after selecting charcater.

{Has't anyone got any missles left?}
;)

mons
08-04-2013, 11:57 AM
Still the same issue for me on Live since 10pm Saturday night which is Initializing...... Ive been having no problems loging onto Lamania or the forums.

ManCow
08-04-2013, 11:57 AM
I can log into Cannith but not Orien which has all my main toons I play

unacceptable
08-04-2013, 11:59 AM

1) My screen locks up while "initializing..."
2) Can't get that far

ForumFrenzy
08-04-2013, 12:00 PM
I tried multiple different characters since Cordovan stated that it was with select characters. Was able to get online with 1 out of 10 or so and then tried to enter sands where the loading screen came up, no progress was loaded, and a connection lost message was received after about 2 minutes. Checked the same toon again to see if I could log back in and was successful so it may indeed be character specific.

Steinm
08-04-2013, 12:00 PM

1. as before, i can log in
2. nothing has changed - after character selection - "loading ... plz wait" ... then losing connection

Noneof
08-04-2013, 12:02 PM

1. Yes
2. No. Was able to log into the server and some of my characters, but now get the "Searching for logon server" until the client disconnects.

registrar177
08-04-2013, 12:07 PM

I am still stuck at the 33% failed screen, an update error occurred, server connection timed out. I have previously submitted a ticket. I live in California and the problem started last night around 7pm when I stepped into Crystal Cove. I cannot get far enough logging on to even select another server.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 12:08 PM
All right, thanks. There is no need to reply to my last post at this time. We are continuing to look into various things, and recognize that our last action taken failed to alleviate the issues being reported. I will keep you updated when I have something new.

ForumFrenzy
Interestingly I tried logging in with a second account while on my primary and received a logged on guild message for the character I was attempting to log on (with no progress shown on the second account loading screen) followed a minute or so later with a logged off message for that same toon. This was followed about a minute later with a connection lost message on the secondary account. It appears at least some of the logging activity is taking place and up to the guild message logon post is occuring correctly.

The guild message occurs almost immediately after selecting a character for logon however.

ChiliBean
Khyber is up. No more "initialization" message.

Now it's back to being stuck on "initialization". :(

unacceptable
08-04-2013, 12:15 PM
All right, thanks. There is no need to reply to my last post at this time. We are continuing to look into various things, and recognize that our last action taken failed to alleviate the issues being reported. I will keep you updated when I have something new.

Batman may be behind this. Only he can be responsible for this infinite crisis.

ForumFrenzy
08-04-2013, 12:22 PM
Tried accessing different instances. Entering a quest worked (Ruined halls), transfer between public zones worked (Sands public zone, marketplace, house K), transfer to guild airships worked. However, entry into any explorer zone failed. Sands entry lost connection, Searing Heights entry 1 recovery from failed teleport and one lost connection. Also, I cannot log onto that toon anymore.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 12:28 PM
I realize this is a fairly labor-intensive process, but if a couple of folks are willing, please try flushing your DNS to see if that makes a difference. It would help us rule out or focus on possible DNS-related things as we investigate a cause:

Start by power cycling your router and/or modem by unplugging them, waiting 10 to 20 seconds, then plugging them back in. Once those have reset themselves click on the "Start" button and then click on "All Programs" Choose "Accessories".
In the menu, find the "Command Prompt" icon, right-click it and choose Run as Administrator (on Win8 hold alt and press "X" and select "Command Prompt (admin)" from the list). If this option is not listed, simply left-click the command prompt icon instead.
On the Command Prompt window that pops up, type the command below exactly as it appears, hitting the enter key afterward: ipconfig /flushdns
When that command finishes, there should be a message of "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache", at which point please reboot your computer and upon re-entering Windows, and test again to see if the issue persists.
If after typing in the ipconfig /flushdns command and hitting enter you do not see the success message, or if you received an error, ensure that you typed the command exactly as it appears above.

Thanks!

janderstarey
08-04-2013, 12:29 PM

anythign productive we can do to help you out? I submitted a ticket but to reiterate, I am from Louisiana and I have Atnt as a provider. My log in gets stuck at 33%.

on a side note, thank you for keeping us up to date. Also, I dont mind a day or two, but i pay for ViP and i was wondering, will we be re-embersed in any way if this continues?

garynash7070
08-04-2013, 12:38 PM
Yesterday starting at 7pm CST I tried logging into Cannith. I get the connecting attempts 1-20 issues. I try for an hour. So I tried logging into Khyber, which I haven't played for 5+ years. I get in and log onto Flear, a character I haven't played since making toons on Cannith. If it tells you how long it has been, I have in my inventory a Birthday Cake of Wishes which was issued after the first anniversary of the game I believe. Also, there sits the 6 year old cake.

Other players in my guild and I were talking on TeamSpeak. Some were VIP, some were not. A mixture of both account types all got in, but I didn't? I have spent over $2000 on this game in the past 7 years and 5+ months. I am off this weekend to find this? My 3 month VIP payment is coming out on 8/12/13. Don't think I am giving this game anymore money. I love this game, but I can live without it.

PuppiesAndRainbows
08-04-2013, 12:39 PM
I realize this is a fairly labor-intensive process, but if a couple of folks are willing, please try flushing your DNS to see if that makes a difference. It would help us rule out or focus on possible DNS-related things as we investigate a cause:

Start by power cycling your router and/or modem by unplugging them, waiting 10 to 20 seconds, then plugging them back in. Once those have reset themselves click on the "Start" button and then click on "All Programs" Choose "Accessories".
In the menu, find the "Command Prompt" icon, right-click it and choose Run as Administrator (on Win8 hold alt and press "X" and select "Command Prompt (admin)" from the list). If this option is not listed, simply left-click the command prompt icon instead.
On the Command Prompt window that pops up, type the command below exactly as it appears, hitting the enter key afterward: ipconfig /flushdns
When that command finishes, there should be a message of "Successfully flushed the DNS resolver cache", at which point please reboot your computer and upon re-entering Windows, and test again to see if the issue persists.
If after typing in the ipconfig /flushdns command and hitting enter you do not see the success message, or if you received an error, ensure that you typed the command exactly as it appears above.

Thanks!

reset the router - cold/power cycled
flushdns on one PC
rebooted another PC
same results on both

Can't get past searching for login server on Orien.

Created a test account.
I get the exact same thing with the test account.
Orien sticks at searching for login, all the other servers make it to the character selection screen.

ForumFrenzy
08-04-2013, 12:40 PM

Thanks!

Done with no change in the problem. The same characters are affected by the login problems.

jscott457
08-04-2013, 12:41 PM

Thanks!

I did this and successfully flushed the DNS cache. Rebooted and...

No change in my issue (Searching for logon server...20 of 20)

J

Azalin
08-04-2013, 12:44 PM

Thanks!

This worked - testing a second computer without doing also worked though, so maybe the issue is resolved?

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 12:45 PM

Thanks!

Negative Ghostrider. Followed steps (well, OK, skipped step 2 because I have a shortcut to the command prompt on my desktop, but that won't matter 'cuz it's using the command prompt that's important...) and still have same connection issues. That is - can get into character selection screen and select charaters (and open DDO Store AND even go to create new character screen) but selecting character and "enter"-ing just sits on zone loading screen and eventually times out. Blue bar does not progress.

Also trying at least twice, to ensure it's not just the dreaded "first log-in diconnect" bug...

{?? If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all (Woah!)... ??}
;)

Qoward
08-04-2013, 12:47 PM
In Wisconsin using AT&T, getting stuck at 33%. Rebooted modem and flushed DNS...still nada :/

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 12:48 PM
All right, thank you very much to the folks who tried to flush their DNS to see if it made a difference. We will continue to look into the cause, and I will do my best to keep you updated.

CrissyViper
08-04-2013, 12:49 PM

I'm having the issue of crashing on character load in. I play on Lammania. This started for me last night. For my guildie its been three weeks of this same exact issue with no progress working with support back and forth via emails all that time. We need a fix badly.

jscott457
08-04-2013, 12:50 PM

Thanks!

No luck with this procedure.

In addition, I looked at the "hosts" file, and changed this line:

#74.201.102.13 gls-auth.ddo.com # Login Server

To this line:

74.201.102.13 gls-auth.ddo.com # Login Server

Still no luck.

J

Kik97
08-04-2013, 12:54 PM
Ok I did flush the dns and was able to log in. had the first character disconnect but reclogged and loaded a second character successfully

ComicRelief
08-04-2013, 01:03 PM
Ok I did flush the dns and was able to log in. had the first character disconnect but reclogged and loaded a second character successfully

It's possible it's only affecting certain characters, and not necessarily all of them. You might want to see if you still have issues with that first one.

Just sayin'...
;)

FrozenTwo
08-04-2013, 01:07 PM
I've even tried switching to my employers primary DNS servers, flushing my cache and the DNS servers cache ensuring they would get the correct addresses from the root name servers. Still no luck, 33% timeout connecting to update servers. I'm in Minneapolis using Comcast and the DNS servers are in Iowa on a local telephone companies fiber optic backbone. If it's a DNS issue then the root name servers are handing out bad information from the primary DNS holder.

Kik97
08-04-2013, 01:14 PM
Ok, I was able to login on both of my subscriptions on my main computer after following Cordovan's instructions on flushing the DNS. Still had first character selected crash, but was able to log second character successfully each time.

FrozenTwo
08-04-2013, 01:16 PM
If it's a DNS issue then the root name servers are handing out bad information from the primary DNS holder. Correction - Root name servers hand off the IP of the authoritative DNS server to the requesting DNS server.

LordDunmore
08-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Not sure if this will help. I am currently logged in on one PC (Win 7) here at the house. No issues at all. I broke out my WIN8 laptop, and decided to see if I could get in. This laptop needed the most recent update. Right now, it's stuck on client_sound.dat-11868. It's been sitting at that spot for 20 minutes.

Note: Both computers are plugged into the same router, using Comcast.

Telayna
08-04-2013, 01:21 PM

Thanks!

No joy here. Server Cannith. Locale: Houston ISP: AT&T. Almost been 18 hours without a fix...getting edgy!

Scrag
08-04-2013, 01:32 PM
No joy here. Server Cannith. Locale: Houston ISP: AT&T. Almost been 18 hours without a fix...getting edgy!

flushdns did nothing here either. Odd, what exactly did you do on your end? Sounds like someone messed with a bind record and ip address association.... There would be no other reason that a flushdns would "fix" anything. Why would such work have been done 6ish pm on a Saturday night....

die
08-04-2013, 01:37 PM
flushdns did nothing here either. Odd, what exactly did you do on your end? Sounds like someone messed with a bind record and ip address association.... There would be no other reason that a flushdns would "fix" anything. Why would such work have been done 6ish pm on a Saturday night....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rRZdiu1UE&list=PLEA2260932FA25D38

Infinitedrift
08-04-2013, 01:42 PM
Hi,

:)I am having the same problem exactly. I just submitted my ticket, and also trying to call on the phone.

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 01:46 PM

Its NOT a japan issue. I'm in Brazil having the same issues.

Vengenance
08-04-2013, 01:55 PM
Restart Modem & Router: Check
Flush DNS: Check
Re-start computer: Check

Start Game: Searching for Logon Servers....After attempt 20 game times out with following game error: "Connection Failed: Client timed out the connection."

Running Windows 7 and using Comcast High Speed Cable modem. Ran last night 08/03 without incidence.

Gchrisberry1
08-04-2013, 01:56 PM
I did this and successfully flushed the DNS cache. Rebooted and...

No change in my issue (Searching for logon server...20 of 20)

J

Same

tharveysinjin
08-04-2013, 02:03 PM
I have submitted my ticket. I have also cancelled my subscription. I've been a subscriber since the game came out. I have also spent thousands of dollars since the game went F2P. No more. . .Fix this trash.

Dee_Snider
08-04-2013, 02:09 PM
Time: Started 8/3 - still happening
Server: Khyber
Character: all toons of Dee_Snider but mainly Chromedreams
Real world (not game world) location: Peoria, IL
ISP: Comcast
Router: Motorola SURFboard SB5101U
Operating system: Windows XP

In a nutshell: I login no problem, select my character (Chromedreams, showing in the correct location like all other toons), and then I get the load screen that never loads. The blue bar at the bottom doesn't fill at all and the in-game "triangle" cursor is present, which isn't normally there. After a few minutes of not loading, it crashes, shutting down DDO completely and spitting out the message: "The Connection to the Server has been Lost". I've tried all the usual stuff (unplug router, flush dns, ccleaner, etc.) but it still behaves the same. Have submitted a ticket. Thanks!

Update: Was able to login and use DDO in the same real world town using a different physical location (college campus instead of home), a wireless connection (instead of the hardwired Comcast connection at home), and using a different computer (laptop running Windows 7 professional instead of the desktop running Windows XP at home).

RyonsAlt
08-04-2013, 02:10 PM
I'm sad to say that flushing the DNS did not work for me. :(

FrozenTwo
08-04-2013, 02:11 PM
Seems like a router in the IP route is dropping or blocking packets. We had a customer in Hawaii connecting to a server in Iowa that was having connection issues because of a router in Colorado. We identified the router and contacted the owning company. They actually denied they had a router in Colorado for a week. We finally got to the right person who knew about it and fixed it remotely within a few minutes. Hopefully this is not the case now but it sure seems like it's something mid stream.

RyonsAlt
08-04-2013, 02:12 PM
Update: Was able to login and use DDO in the same real world town using a different physical location (college campus instead of home), a wireless connection (instead of the hardwired Comcast connection at home), and using a different computer (laptop running Windows 7 professional instead of the desktop running Windows XP at home).

What if Turbine accidentally blocked off a bunch of people?

Scrag
08-04-2013, 02:15 PM
What if Turbine accidentally blocked off a bunch of people?

We know that is not the case because people who did not try to zone their chars can actually log in (just not zone them). If they were "blocked", they would not be able to auth and actually log any chars in anywhere.

edit: we also have a rough time period for when this nonsense started: 6ish pm EST Saturday night.

Celebras
08-04-2013, 02:23 PM
Okay, submitted my ticket, hope this will be worked out soon, cause i wont be playing like this until then. Ist crappy to Crash in the middle of a run, trying to log back in, gettin errormessages over and over and then finding out when u FINALLY r back to char select, u cant log back with that char, ist just Zone in Screen with no Progress in loading bar.
My wife will be happy to see me more on the Couch or in the garden. First time in years she is happy about turbine .

Tealcie
08-04-2013, 02:25 PM
33% and doom

Le sigh.

Every other aspect of my internet life works, even the wonky college software - just filed an assignment...

cardplay
08-04-2013, 02:30 PM
I tried all of the steps suggested but I am still stuck at "initializing..." on one computer and "Getting Data Centers..." on the other. Bummer.

It does look like the database is unreachable>

Initialization status: "Getting data centers" 8/4/2013 12:21:25 PM
The following web error occurred while trying to access
"http://gls.ddo.com/GLS.DataCenterServer/Service.asmx":

The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server. 8/4/2013 12:22:07 PM

Perhaps a syncing error? tomcat needs to be restarted? reboot of webserver?

Anyway, I am still hosed. I did submit a ticket and am waiting patiently.

Vengenance
08-04-2013, 02:35 PM
My main server is Argonessen and have been able to get in. Just for laughs I tried another server, Thelanis, and was able to the character screen but still unable to login.

In better news, I was able to login to my SWTOR account, maybe it's time for a break from DDO...

ForumFrenzy
08-04-2013, 02:40 PM
You have regressed. Before I was able to at least log in. Now I can't connect to even the patch server to start up the client to get to the login screen. Are you all messing you the DNS routes?

TheBaron
08-04-2013, 02:42 PM
I play with a group of people that live in the same town. Three of us even use the same internet provider. I was able to log in and the other 2 are not able to log in. Some of these posts have pointed to a regional issue, or even a IP issue, but that can't be the case. One of them had an issue after the big break down that lasted for at least four days. When it was up he found out that his account was hacked and the hacker tried to use his credit card but the bank refused it. Thankfully, it got fixed, but this doesn't bode well if the issue is going to arise again. Sadly, Turbine has lost a lot of quality players due to these crashes and non fixes. At some point even the most hardened gamers are going to quit due to these issues. I see no reason why I can get on while they can't. Not only do we live in the same town, we live within blocks of each other. I know this doesn't help much, but perhaps it can be seen that there is an issue that is preventing some people from logging in while others in that same area can freely get on and off.

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 02:45 PM
We are continuing to investigate, but at this time we do not yet have a resolution in place. I'll keep you updated.

ninpospirit
08-04-2013, 02:47 PM
So I can now log on to Lamania, however the live servers seem to still be hosed. The client now just sits at "Initializing..." not even making to the patch check point that it did before.

TheNameIwasntB4
08-04-2013, 02:49 PM
Even though the news is not good, it is still news.

Some Devo for your viewing pleasure (http://vimeo.com/36126644)

If we can log into characters and play for a bit, then it is not on our end.

There are several problems here.

1. Log in problems. Yes, I have this problem but it clears up with enough finagaling on my end.

2. Zone change problems. I can log in, but as soon as I click on a quest entrance or the cove cave entrance or change zones I never know if I am going to get stuck or not. So, I don't even try to do Cove now as I don't want to screw up the group by my having connectivity problems.

Zone change problem is my BIGGEST problem.

Infinitedrift
08-04-2013, 02:53 PM
We are continuing to investigate, but at this time we do not yet have a resolution in place. I'll keep you updated. Don't be discouraged! I believe you guys can get it fixed! Thanks for the effort :)

unacceptable
08-04-2013, 02:53 PM
Thank you Cordovan.

On the Infinite Crisis forum there some threads about problems with the Turbine Launcher. I don't know if it's related to the problems we are having in DDO, but there is no dev activity on those forums.

Thespius
08-04-2013, 02:58 PM
Issue started for me Saturday night, Argo server, Comcast, Huntsville AL.

I cannot log onto the server at all or access any characters due to 20/20 attempts. I am, however, able to log onto other servers with no issues. I logged onto Sarlona and thought maybe I could create a character, get into the game and then once I was in it would "fix" the other issue by some fluke. I did just that and tried to log back into Argo but it didn't work.

I have to say I know nothing about this type of thing but I am intuitive and so I started browsing through game file folders thinking I might see some kind of error log or just something. I happened to click a text file that said dndclient and opened it and read through. Apparently it was a step by step of what was happening as the game started calling up things from the splash screen forward.

I noticed at the very bottom it connected to Sarlona and since that was the first time I'd ever been to that server I thought, 'hmm if I try to log back onto Argo, what would it say then?' so I did that. Below is the information from both log ons and you can see the second failed with an IP address attached. I pinged that address with a response of "timed out" at 100% loss. Again, no idea if any of this is relevant whatsoever, just thought it curious.

000000000.000: Initializing display with title 'Dungeons and Dragons Online'...
000000000.000: Device_WIN32::Init: called.
000000000.000: Device_WIN32::InitDEVICE| Detected operating system: Windows XP
000000000.000: RenderD3D::Startup: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| DirectX 9.0 detected and initialized successfully
000000000.000: RenderD3D::SelectBestDisplayAdapter: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| Detected 1 display adapters:
000000000.000: RenderD3D::DetectDisplayModes: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| Detected 48 display modes:
000000000.000: Initializing the smartbox...
000000000.000: Initializing the user interface...
000000000.000: Client ready
000000012.593: Client::Connect() async logon begun.
000000012.955: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_DisplayStringInfo: Validating credentials...
232777321.333: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_DisplayStringInfo: Loading subscription data...
232777321.333: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_DisplayStringInfo: Loading character data...
232777321.411: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_WorldName: Sarlona
232777321.536: Client: Flushing database after DDD
232777321.536: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_DisplayStringInfo: Receiving character data...
232777321.536: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_CharSet: called.
232778296.421: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_CharGenError: called.
232778311.913: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_CharGenError: called.
232778325.378: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_CharGenSuccess: called.
232778340.702: GlobalEventHandler::RecvEvt_PlayerSessionStart_Ser verToClient: play

000000000.000: Initializing display with title 'Dungeons and Dragons Online'...
000000000.000: Device_WIN32::Init: called.
000000000.000: Device_WIN32::InitDEVICE| Detected operating system: Windows XP
000000000.000: RenderD3D::Startup: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| DirectX 9.0 detected and initialized successfully
000000000.000: RenderD3D::SelectBestDisplayAdapter: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| Detected 1 display adapters:
000000000.000: RenderD3D::DetectDisplayModes: called.
000000000.000: RENDER| Detected 48 display modes:
000000000.000: Initializing the smartbox...
000000000.000: Initializing the user interface...
000000000.000: Client ready
000000015.769: Client::Connect() async logon begun.
000000056.242: Connection failed (0x00000004:0x00CD0B73) to server 0, addr 74.201.106.56:9003
000000057.801: Device_WIN32::Cleanup: called.
000000057.801: RenderD3D::Shutdown: called.
000000057.801: RenderD3D::End: called.
000000057.801: RenderD3D::End: called.

imandria
08-04-2013, 03:03 PM
Just to throw in my 2 cents -

AT&T Uverse in St. Louis, MO. I have done the router re-start and dns flush. I filed a ticket last night, but haven't updated it.

My husband's is stuck at Initializing.

I have two copies installed on my machine, and the first is also stuck at Initializing. The second gets past that, then is stuck on "The underlying connection was closed: Unable to connect to the remote server." THEN, for giggles, I tried Lamannia, and logged right in with no problems, but got the red connection-icon-of-doom and was booted.

Y'all have made me pull out my old Diablo II CD again. Ahhh, nostalgia!

cnynridr2
08-04-2013, 03:08 PM
I booted the launcher and I can get to the server selection screen. All are green. When I try to log into Cannith I get the error looking for log on server 20 attempts then timed out error. Program closes.

I just started on Cannith server to have fun with no items but my main server since beta is Sarlona and I can log into that one except when I try to zone into a quest I get the same timed out error. Program closes.

I bugged reported and sent Ticket.

A buddy of mine is stuck just trying to get the launcher to open and stalls at 33%. He ticketed and bugged reported as well. I definitely know it isn't my system side.

Dimack
08-04-2013, 03:09 PM
1. No. No change. Stuck on "Initializing"
2. No.

Same. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling game. Then I uninstalled again and removed all turbine related files and re-downloaded the entire game and reinstalled it. Still stuck at initializing. I also tried the whole DNS flush suggestion.

hp1055cm
08-04-2013, 03:12 PM
My main charater on Thelanis has frequent problems with entering\leaving quests and areas since yesterday. Often having problems logging back in after trouble in game.

My other character on Ghallanda doesn't experience same problems, in fact I played for several hours today without any problems at all.

I submitted a ticket but I am now too frustrated to play any more today. I will check in tomorrow... Please fix.

mojoflea
08-04-2013, 03:12 PM
Don't be discouraged! I believe you guys can get it fixed! Thanks for the effort :)

"discouraged" would not be the word I would use .... abysmal failure would be more apt.... WOW is looking better every time I try to login to DDO and can't .... this is not why I paid for every update & also paid for VIP access.

Red

LeVerteFae
08-04-2013, 03:29 PM
sigh ... my 1st post but have been lurking in the shadows for about 2 years now. I'm in San Fran US, and started having the same issues yesterday at about 4:30 PST. I have toons on nearly every server [yes I am an addict], some may get in for a short while and play a bit, others not at all. What I'd like to add to the mix tho is something I haven't read in any of these posts.At one point yesterday while attempting to log in, the attempt failed and the error message was 'no Subscription found for this login' as I said been playing for about 2 years now. Hope the info helps?

Calia
08-04-2013, 03:30 PM
I play on both Khyber & Thelanis servers, issue started for me at about 6 pm EST last night. I can successfully log into character selection screen, but can only log in certain characters. Some are fine until trying to zone into a private instance, some cannot load in at all. Blue bar does not even move and then game crashes and I get the message "The connection to the server has been lost".

I am in the Detroit MI area, using AT&T uverse, tried the dnsflush and still the same problem.

janderstarey
08-04-2013, 03:40 PM
I'm from Louisiana area. I have atnt. I attempted the flush and I continue to be stuck in the loading screen at 33%.

Is there anything more we can do to help?

Kik97
08-04-2013, 03:41 PM
well it's official, mine has actually gone from bad to worse. I was able to log in after doing the dns flush. I played for a bit in crystal cove then crashed when entering the Rook's Gambit out in the cove. Now I cannot even connect to patch server, it gets to 33% then connection times out.

Ultameaca
08-04-2013, 03:44 PM
Just my luck had the night off work last night, wife and kids are at grandmas, had the house to myself no distractions, it was almost to good to be true until i logged into ddo and got stuck in a load window and disconnected from the game every time i tried to zone in a new zone. Now at this point in time i cant evan get past the second load in screen after character selection. I tried the same things all others on this thread have tried to do with the flush dns and no luck, checked my internet connection and speeds was all tip top, Sent a ticket in and got the same auto reply messages back that everyone gets back wen they try to send in a ticket.
And whats funny about all this its not the first time something ignorant like this has happend and I am sure it will not be the last. So i know now that its nothing on my end, all on you turbine FIX IT.

Tolero
08-04-2013, 03:47 PM
Just another quick update, the issues are still on going, but they're chasing some leads thanks to the very detailed reports we've gotten from affected players. Soon as we make some progress, will post more info!

Zaffod
08-04-2013, 03:48 PM
This has been an on going issue for over the last few months.

Once it is resolved, and we can play again - (and this is speaking as a paying player) then it is up to Turbine and WB on how this unpleasent pain in the Log On will be compensated to the paying people of DDO.

Thank You

moomooprincess
08-04-2013, 03:50 PM
sigh ... my 1st post but have been lurking in the shadows for about 2 years now. I'm in San Fran US, and started having the same issues yesterday at about 4:30 PST. I have toons on nearly every server [yes I am an addict], some may get in for a short while and play a bit, others not at all. What I'd like to add to the mix tho is something I haven't read in any of these posts.At one point yesterday while attempting to log in, the attempt failed and the error message was 'no Subscription found for this login' as I said been playing for about 2 years now. Hope the info helps?

That was the last big update and scared the beejeebers out of me.

I logged into my account and changed the password via myaccount.turbine.com.

Pretty sure since May 30 these issues have been around but it is finally migrating to more players than it did on May 30.

zwiebelring
08-04-2013, 03:54 PM
The technical support site is not convinient to use. There is no direct link for a loading screen, which won't preceed. I cannot find it within all those myriads of links....

I post it here. I cannot login any more. I get connection to character login, though. I am located in Europe, server Orien. One important thing. This started after you *investigated*. Before I haven't had any trouble. Hmpf.

moomooprincess
08-04-2013, 04:07 PM
The technical support site is not convinient to use. There is no direct link for a loading screen, which won't preceed. I cannot find it within all those myriads of links....

I post it here. I cannot login any more. I get connection to character login, though. I am located in Europe, server Orien. One important thing. This started after you *investigated*. Before I haven't had any trouble. Hmpf.

See, we can bounce stuff through that there ocean cable that is run by Level 3 Communications.

In America, we stress it is important to share.

zwiebelring
08-04-2013, 04:16 PM
Whatever that means. Cannot believe you anyways since the NSA messed up ;). Haven't had problems till Turbine *investigated*, which is kind of....

Amundir
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
Thought I'd toss in my two cents (already submitted bug report). AT&T DSL, AR, USA

I was able to login fine yesterday. Played from 18:00-04:00 this morning without issue. Logged in fine this morning and I believe I had one instance of the connection dropping when trying to use my main guy. Tried again and got it. Ran around picking up quests without issue. Then when I tried to transition to the coin lords plaza, the transition failed with the connection dropping. Since then I have not been able to use my main.

I have since then been able to use my other four characters. I made note that, due too seasonal events, that my main is the only one that is currently carrying/wearing crystal cove items from this years event. Dunno if it may be a factor or not, but there it is.

toaftoaf
08-04-2013, 04:24 PM
ok so if i wait 30 mins or so i can log into a toon that was locked up on load screen, then i seem to be able to use the load screen 1-5 times then it happens again. it's not much but at least i seem to be able to log in. been switching between 6 toon (and 1 toon perma parked) and it all seems to reset after 30 mins. happens on random load screens have not noticed anthign else

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 04:25 PM
Ok I know Turbine is working on this, but its really hard on us players not being able to play on weekend. You guys know we have our real lives, work, college and stuff to do on weekdays. Please give us some XP bonus this week. The expansion is coming and we have our characters to level up before that.

Thanks.

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 04:36 PM
I play on both Khyber & Thelanis servers, issue started for me at about 6 pm EST last night. I can successfully log into character selection screen, but can only log in certain characters. Some are fine until trying to zone into a private instance, some cannot load in at all. Blue bar does not even move and then game crashes and I get the message "The connection to the server has been lost".

I am in the Detroit MI area, using AT&T uverse, tried the dnsflush and still the same problem.

I am from Detroit area as well using comcast

LorentzRP
08-04-2013, 04:44 PM
Cablemas, Yucatán México. Had problems logging into the recent closed beta. Asheron's Call was also having login problems ... odd. Is the code divided up into different areas for specific programmers to be reviewed in case of bad integration? Infiltration from other mmorpgs a possibility? Too much coffee? coke&cola? A carry over error from beta?

Necasio
08-04-2013, 04:48 PM
Server:Orien
Provider:Verizon fios
Toons Ellindel, Krazax, Necasio
Time of Occurrence : 1 am Central time
I can get up to the character selection screen without any problem. After choosing my toons i get stuck in a loading screen that never starts loading then I get the message your connection to the server has been lost. Ive been able to log onto 1 toon but i dare not try to travel between instances or areas or i may get caught in a loading screen that never loads,.. that's how this all started. I have already lost a day of playtime and if i lose another i will be expecting something from Turbine besides a bill.

RealKorike
Reset router, flushdns and reboot done, no joy. Added Google DNS to DNS server resolution, reset router again and flushed and rebooted again. Still no joy. Same issue, launcher pops up then does not connect to patch server.

Theboz
This has been an on going issue for over the last few months. Once it is resolved, and we can play again - (and this is speaking as a paying player) then it is up to Turbine and WB on how this unpleasent pain in the Log On will be compensated to the paying people of DDO.Thank Youif this has been going on for months then you have a problem at your end. the game has been perfectly fine for me and many many others, except for this weekend. People always seem to forget that a lot of quality of playing a online game comes from having a quality connection, and understanding when they have a issue or its something like what we have here this weekend. The only time I had issues other then this weekend that lasted months and months was when I had a 32bit operating system. I went to a 64bit operating system and I have never had any problems loading in DDO.

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 04:50 PM
I was able to log in and play the first catacombs quest on my newly TR'd sorc. Perhaps its working now. You guys might want to give it a try.

Edit: Nope, tried to enter Dryden's Chambers and got disconnected again.

:(

jscott457
08-04-2013, 04:51 PM
Then when I tried to transition to the coin lords plaza, the transition failed with the connection dropping. Since then I have not been able to use my main.

Don't know if it means anything, but Lord's March Palace was where we were also when things went down...4:30 PST on Saturday

Iann
08-04-2013, 04:52 PM
Yesterday (sat 8/3) a friend of mine started having zone issues she could log into a toon and talk in guild or party chat and send/receive tells but as soon as she tried to leave the bank or the like she would lock into a loading screen and stay that way until she alt/tab/delete'd out. Another friend told me a load screen lasted almost 5 minutes but still finally worked. Another Friend and I played for several hours with no problems. Today I got on about 2 p.m. (eastern) and had no problems I jumped toons/zones and accounts several times with no problems at all, then I made a mistake. I logged off to grab a bite to eat. At 3 p.m. (eastern) I tried to log back in and never got past the "Initializing" screen on my loader. About ninety minutes later after several tries it went beyond that screen to the next stage where the new fancy percentage bar shows and this is where it hangs up now. For over an hour it has tried to connect and the message "An update error occurred:" and below that "Server connection timed out." After getting the 33% on the bar. And it all starts over.
I'm on AT&T DSL in South Carolina (no cable in my area).

Its a shame this happened on a +2 loot weekend and I hope Turbine will make it up to those who are disappointed over missing out on that +5 (or upgrade 4 to 5) Tome they were sure to receive this weekend (or not receive as Eloke God of Luck (and Rogues) so decreed).
I know some people will rant and bluster perhaps quit and do all those things that some people do at times like this, but I know Turbine is doing what they can to restore the Game we love back to us. I do find myself amused by some people who fail to consider that this game is over 7 years old and things are built upon other things and seemingly unrelated things can mess up other things and unless Turbine was to totally close down the game and rebuild from scratch this kind of problem will occur at times. Be patient and ride it out. Yes I am a DDO junkie and I really wish I was in game but my getting mad and all the other immature actions I read about from other people will not get the fix done any faster so why bother? "Better to be quiet and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt".

Ah well that's my two cents for now.
Rartief, Order of the Silver Dragon, Argonesson

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 04:53 PM
Server:Orien
Provider:Verizon fios
Toons Ellindel, Krazax, Necasio
Time of Occurrence : 1 am Central time
I can get up to the character selection screen without any problem. After choosing my toons i get stuck in a loading screen that never starts loading then I get the message your connection to the server has been lost. Ive been able to log onto 1 toon but i dare not try to travel between instances or areas or i may get caught in a loading screen that never loads,.. that's how this all started. I have already lost a day of playtime and if i lose another i will be expecting something from Turbine besides a bill.

I'll send you the $.25 you lost just send me a self addressed stamped envelope.

Going to cost you more is postage then what you 'lost' in not being able to play....

Theboz
08-04-2013, 04:57 PM
Random loading issues in game. If I have a load issue, it then takes about 5 or 6 maybe more times of trying to log into sarlona again. I can log into other servers just fine, except the one that I get stuck loading. It seems to take about 10 minutes and then I can log back on. Comcast cable Chicago areaI have a odd question of why cant I add spaces in-between words. Every time, I do a post, I try to leave some spaces to make it easier to read but when I post-it, it takes the spaces out and I get one big mess of words.

BOgre
08-04-2013, 05:01 PM
zero trouble logging in. tracert:

192.168.1.1 -1
xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx -61
v503.core1.yvr1.he.net -71
10gigabitethernet12-3.core1.sea1.he.net -85
206.111.7.69.ptr.us.xo.net -90
vb2000d1.rar3.seattle-wa.us.xo.net -150
te-4-0-0.rar3.denver-co.us.xo.net -148
te-4-1-0.rar3.chicago-il.us.xo.net -174
ae0d0.mcr2.cambridge-ma.us.xo.net -152
209.117.103.10 -137
border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net -139
turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net -135
74.201.102.154 -155
74.201.102.13 -140

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 05:01 PM
Just another quick update, the issues are still on going, but they're chasing some leads thanks to the very detailed reports we've gotten from affected players. Soon as we make some progress, will post more info!

Thank you Tolero.

Talking to guildmate on Vent, he is able to play - somewhat.

He is UNABLE to read ANY chat at all.
Only Chat he can read is in tells.
Since this started VOIP has not worked from him at all.

This all started the same time that everyone else game wide started having issues.

Lives in Iowa and ISP is MediaComm.

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 05:03 PM
I can now log into my toon in marketplace the only toon I couldn't log into hope it lasts

Cordovan
08-04-2013, 05:06 PM
We are continuing to investigate. Locating the exact cause of this issue has proven tricky, but we are combing through things systematically, and hope to get this resolved. This issue is not affecting everyone, which I suppose is a double-edged sword (it makes finding a source a bit difficult, and is of little consolation to people impacted, but it's worth noting that many people are in-game just fine and do not appear to be experiencing these issues.)

We hope to locate a cause and get it resolved as quickly as possible, and we do apologize for folks who have been impacted by this.

cnynridr2
08-04-2013, 05:11 PM
We are continuing to investigate. Locating the exact cause of this issue has proven tricky, but we are combing through things systematically, and hope to get this resolved. This issue is not affecting everyone, which I suppose is a double-edged sword (it makes finding a source a bit difficult, and is of little consolation to people impacted, but it's worth noting that many people are in-game just fine and do not appear to be experiencing these issues.)

We hope to locate a cause and get it resolved as quickly as possible, and we do apologize for folks who have been impacted by this.

Thanks for looking into this but that last sentence really drives the nail into the coffin for those of us not able to get on!

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Tracert:

6 137 ms 138 ms 138 ms xe-1-0-0.GW14.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.179.29.253]
7 136 ms 135 ms 135 ms 0.xe-7-1-0.XL3.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.4.150]
8 152 ms 149 ms 206 ms 0.ge-4-0-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.17.30]
9 144 ms 141 ms 141 ms 0.xe-10-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.150]

10 142 ms 143 ms 144 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

11 145 ms 145 ms 146 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
12 147 ms 148 ms 151 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

13 148 ms 148 ms 147 ms 74.201.102.154
14 144 ms 151 ms 144 ms 74.201.102.11

RealKorike
08-04-2013, 05:15 PM
Since it's affecting a *seemingly* random population across multiple games (DDO, LotRO, Asheron's Call), it may be something outside your sphere of influence.

Of course it could always be the precursor to an alien invasion.

1cebeast
08-04-2013, 05:17 PM
[QUOTE=Cordovan;5057625]We are continuing to investigate. Locating the exact cause of this issue has proven tricky, but we are combing through things systematically, and hope to get this resolved. This issue is not affecting everyone, which I suppose is a double-edged sword (it makes finding a source a bit difficult, and is of little consolation to people impacted, but it's worth noting that many people are in-game just fine and do not appear to be experiencing these issues.)

QUOTE]

Thank you for continueing to update.
I imagine it makes it harder to fix when it starts working... then it stops again. I was able to log in and play on Cannith server, one time today, and all went well until I logged off. Now, i get stuck at the INITIALIZING screen, again.

I try to use this as an excuse to my wife that i should never log off... but....

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM

Thank you Jerry!

Anything else we can do to help?

In effort to help;

| 2 | 96.120.40.253 | 96.120.40.253 | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 8 | 27 | 11
| 3 | 68.85.189.25 | te-4-3-ur01.lawton.mi.michigan.comcast.net | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 8 | 30 | 12
| 4 | 68.85.223.209 | te-0-1-0-5-ar01.pontiac.mi.michigan.comcast.net | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 21 | 35 | 25
| 5 | 68.86.90.113 | he-4-4-0-0-cr01.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 27 | 47 | 31
| 6 | 68.86.83.58 | he-0-11-0-0-pe04.350ecermak.il.ibone.comcast.net | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 26 | 38 | 29
| 7 | 173.167.58.138 | 173.167.58.138 | Comcast Cable Communications, Inc. | 28 | 47 | 32
| 8 | 152.63.66.189 | 0.xe-3-0-1.XL3.CHI13.ALTER.NET | MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business | 26 | 144 | 34

Hop 9 SHOWS NO INFORMATION AND TIMES OUT.

| 10 | 152.63.24.38 | 0.xe-8-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET | MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business | 41 | 103 | 46
| 11 | 152.179.134.214 | internap-gw.customer.alter.net | MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business | 42 | 49 | 45
| 12 | 63.251.128.107 | border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net | Internap Network Services Corporation | 42 | 59 | 44
| 13 | 64.95.76.202 | turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net | Internap Network Services Corporation | 42 | 56 | 44
| 14 | 74.201.102.154 | 74.201.102.154 | Internap Network Services Corporation | 42 | 54 | 45
| 15 | 74.201.103.121 | 74.201.103.121 | Internap Network Services Corporation | 42 | 60 | 45

From a Visual Trace Route app.

LeslieWest_GuitarGod
08-04-2013, 05:19 PM
Great job Jerry keeping everyone up to date. Communication has been awesome. Glad to see that most people understand these things happen. Hopefully, soon™, these matters are behind us and the affected can log in.

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 05:20 PM
I can now log into my toon in marketplace the only toon I couldn't log into hope it lasts

Just tried to enter shadow king on thelanis and got disconnected this really sucks

CrissyViper
08-04-2013, 05:22 PM

1. Yes.
2.Yes.

Silvias
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
Hope it gets fixed soon. Thank you for your help. I love this game but turbine has been making it hard to stay loyal.

Scrag
08-04-2013, 05:23 PM
FWIW, I can't play on lamina either. I did a repair on lamina, and now I get "underlying server can not be contacted, retrying"....

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
I'm no network specialist, but I used to work with the IT crew. Checked LOTRO forums and I read this:

11 * 118 ms * 0.xe-5-0-1.XL4.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.19.94]
12 124 ms * * 0.ge-3-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.218]
13 * * * Request timed out.

My bet is a bad, bad router or route on this alter.net, outside Turbine.

Amundir
08-04-2013, 05:26 PM
I'm in! Dunno what changed, if anything. Was able to access my main and so far have transitioned to the marketplace. Here's hoping! :)

Xendor
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
Yes and also
Yes

And though you mention "Many" (it makes finding a source a bit difficult, and is of little consolation to people impacted, but it's worth noting that many people are in-game just fine and do not appear to be experiencing these issues.)
There are Many that do

Attacked or something got changed, most of us once the game is up and running don't change things.

Add1ct3d
08-04-2013, 05:31 PM
I can not get on to Orien server my main server it just keeps trying the connection and timing out, yet I was able to log on to Thelanis server create a new character log in and do quests with no issues. Did the DxDiag here is my system

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 8/4/2013, 12:47:07
Machine name: GAMER-PC
Operating System: Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200) (9200.win8_gdr.130531-1504)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
System Model: CM1745
BIOS: 5202
Processor: AMD A8-5500 APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory: 12288MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 12254MB RAM
Page File: 2115MB used, 11865MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.02.9200.16384 64bit Unicode

Here are the errors it said I am encountering:

Windows Error Reporting:
+++ WER0 +++:
Fault bucket -585221486, type 1

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: TurbineLauncher.exe

P2: 0.0.0.0

P3: 51dcf6f1

P4: patchclient.DLL

P5: 3.0.1.2

P6: 51c4b59e

P7: c0000005

P8: 000241b9

P9:

P10:

+++ WER1 +++:
Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: APPCRASH

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: TurbineLauncher.exe

P2: 0.0.0.0

P3: 51dcf6f1

P4: patchclient.DLL

P5: 3.0.1.2

P6: 51c4b59e

P7: c0000005

P8: 000241b9

P9:

P10:

Hope this helps.

Iann
08-04-2013, 05:33 PM

Thank you Cordovan, It is irritating that I was logged in and doing fine till I took a break to eat and since then unable to get back in, so obviously the problem is a strange one.
I have noticed a few other seemingly minor bugs of late. Sometimes people logging in will not have their comments visible in guild chat or be able to see any comments by other people. I have been in a party and have a dc issue that results in logging back and having no party chat communication. All the games sounds are there but nothing seems to be being said in party chat and the green bar doesn't show that you are talking. A relog/restart of client seems to be necessary to fix either of these issues
One last bug I experienced yesterday; I took my 25th lvl fighter to try and pull that real nice new 'pale green' Ioun Stone. Turned out he was just shy of being able to intimidate the prisoner so I waited for the quest to move along as it will without the intimidate (or bluff etc) and it seemed to take longer than normal but the shadowfell and the little shadows swarmed and I destroyed them but then something happened that hasn't happened in any of the other times I have done this (on this and other toons), suddenly the 'red name' from the end of the quest appeared and we fought the last fight without running all the rest of the quest that belonged in between. I killed her and the final chest appeared, (no stone again! lol). The DMs narrative told me to talk to the magistrate but the body lying on the floor was very unresponsive and except by finishing out there was no way to leave the room. I wasn't too upset as I had done what I intended in the first place, no exp for a 25 in a 15 (elite) quest and so I wasn't losing anything except a completion I didn't need anyway.
I don't know if any of these bugs are related to anything we are experiencing with the log in/zoning issues (probably not but who knows?) but anyway they have been going on for a little while, the party chat problem I have experienced occasionally for at least three weeks, the guild chat not as long and of course the premature quest ending just yesterday (8/3).

mjolnir014
08-04-2013, 05:36 PM
Still no luck on my end.

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 05:36 PM
I'm no network specialist, but I used to work with the IT crew. Checked LOTRO forums and I read this:

11 * 118 ms * 0.xe-5-0-1.XL4.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.19.94]
12 124 ms * * 0.ge-3-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.218]
13 * * * Request timed out.

My bet is a bad, bad router or route on this alter.net, outside Turbine.

Found this on Star Trek Online forums. People having those same issues. Check their routes:

5 7 ms 6 ms 7 ms ae0-0.RES-BB-RTR1.verizon-gni.net [130.81.209.198]
6 18 ms 21 ms 22 ms 0.ae1.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [140.222.226.13]
7 18 ms 18 ms 19 ms 0.xe-8-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.24.38]
8 22 ms 19 ms 19 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
9 20 ms 21 ms 25 ms border11.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn.pnap.net [63.251.128.41]
10 116 ms 106 ms 93 ms perfectworldent-4.border11.bsn.pnap.net [216.52.61.78]
11 90 ms 91 ms 96 ms 208.95.185.41

That same ALTER.NET route.

Hendrik
08-04-2013, 05:42 PM
Found this on Star Trek Online forums. People having those same issues. Check their routes:

Yep, same with me!

| 8 | 152.63.66.189 | 0.xe-3-0-1.XL3.CHI13.ALTER.NET | MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business | 26 | 144 | 34

Hop 9 SHOWS NO INFORMATION AND TIMES OUT.

| 10 | 152.63.24.38 | 0.xe-8-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET | MCI Communications Services, Inc. d/b/a Verizon Business | 41 | 103 | 46

Drwaz99
08-04-2013, 05:44 PM

Might be onto something here mine with the ALTER.NET in it as well:

Tracing route to serviceengine.turbine.com [74.201.102.11]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1 1 ms 1 ms 1 ms 10.1.10.1
2 9 ms 8 ms 10 ms 96.120.0.69
3 11 ms 11 ms 8 ms te-8-1-sr01.placitas.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86
.183.65]
4 10 ms 9 ms 14 ms te-8-2-ur01.sandia.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.1
82.89]
5 10 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-9-1-ur02.sandia.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.1
82.50]
6 8 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-8-2-ar02.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68
.86.182.33]
7 32 ms 31 ms 32 ms te-0-0-0-5-cr01.losangeles.ca.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.93.197]
8 30 ms 30 ms 36 ms xe-0-0-0-0-pe01.onewilshire.ca.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.82.34]
9 31 ms 30 ms 31 ms n-a.GW2.LAX1.ALTER.NET [152.179.103.1]
10 32 ms 31 ms 31 ms 0.xe-2-0-0.XL3.LAX1.ALTER.NET [152.63.4.182]
11 88 ms 88 ms 176 ms 0.ge-3-1-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.217]
12 88 ms 86 ms 85 ms 0.xe-10-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.38]
13 87 ms 87 ms 88 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

14 87 ms 86 ms 87 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
15 89 ms 87 ms 88 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

16 87 ms 89 ms 88 ms 74.201.102.154
17 88 ms 92 ms 88 ms 74.201.102.11

Trace complete.

Hamerlish
08-04-2013, 05:45 PM
I'm in North America and I'm still not even able to log into the game let alone pick a server or character to play ... feels kinda stupid for just plunking down almost 90 bucks in the last couple of days just to NOT be able to use said paid for services .... just saying

saucergriffith
08-04-2013, 05:46 PM
finally got in game with my main then tried to enter quest twice and lost connection both times logged in with 2nd toon and got into quest np very weird

moomooprincess
08-04-2013, 05:48 PM
finally got in game with my main then tried to enter quest twice and lost connection both times logged in with 2nd toon and got into quest np very weird

It is a hardware issue. Someone will eventually figure it out. But if it is one of the big boy companies, they won't do anything until enough of their customers complain.

At least my laundry is completed.

Scrag
08-04-2013, 05:49 PM
I can traceroute to 102.11 just fine; However, lamina is still stuck on "Getting data centers" and I am not even bothering to check live....

Amberyll
08-04-2013, 05:52 PM

Comcast

die
08-04-2013, 05:52 PM
As of 4:51 pm Mountain { 33% bug is still in effect} for me in Colorado.

Mahiya
08-04-2013, 05:54 PM
Seeing +2 loot I cant be a part of,

knowing I hardly had a chance to get the shards I need for top rum flask, I have a chance but it's way less now! I have to get 2500 in the next few weekdays??? I worked really hard to learn about CC and get to tier 7 flask and tier 7 is not worth the time invested - 8 is only decent (it atleast has the restoration aspect). I need 10 but I have to get this during the week 'if' im able to get back on.

I am not going to flip out or anything. I am just going to say I am not happy.

Cyndder
08-04-2013, 05:55 PM
Well here is a tracert to the ddo forum

3 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.17]
4 28 ms 22 ms 23 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 20 ms 22 ms 19 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 21 ms 18 ms 19 ms he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.149]
7 41 ms 57 ms 36 ms 68.86.87.30
8 38 ms 33 ms 34 ms be-15-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.114]
9 41 ms 34 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 40 ms 33 ms 33 ms 0.xe-3-0-6.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.97.81]
11 74 ms 73 ms 73 ms 0.xe-4-1-2.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.186]
12 74 ms 75 ms 75 ms 0.xe-11-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.42]
13 82 ms 78 ms 75 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 75 ms 74 ms 76 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
15 75 ms 76 ms 77 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

16 75 ms 76 ms 84 ms 74.201.102.154
17 76 ms 75 ms 74 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Now I went to my Client log and it shows failure to connect with 74.201.106.23:9003

So I trace routed that and got the following:

3 34 ms 13 ms 15 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net[68.86.105.17]
4 37 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 19 ms 22 ms 46 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 17 ms 22 ms 23 ms he-3-9-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.21]
7 32 ms 35 ms 31 ms 68.86.87.34
8 38 ms 38 ms 33 ms be-17-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.122]
9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 33 ms 31 ms 32 ms 0.xe-2-1-2.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.105]
11 73 ms 115 ms 74 ms 0.xe-4-1-2.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.186]
12 79 ms 77 ms 80 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
13 76 ms 75 ms 76 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 74 ms 75 ms 74 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
15 75 ms 77 ms 74 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 75 ms 77 ms 87 ms 74.201.102.170
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.

So the problem in my case is routing from 74.201.102.170 to 74.201.106.23...which are both wintin the turbine border.

Kik97
08-04-2013, 05:57 PM
Don't know if its fixed or not, but I just got back in on my main computer. First character crashed and burned on loading. Logged back in and next character I selected loaded just fine. Keep trying to find this difficult problem and fix it please. I know all the tech people are working hard at Turbine to solve this problem and fix it. Your efforts are greatly appreciated, keep up the good work. And remember when all else fails, throw some more kobolds at the problem to help you find it.

HernandoCortez
08-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Well here is a tracert to the ddo forum

3 14 ms 15 ms 14 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.105.17]
4 28 ms 22 ms 23 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 20 ms 22 ms 19 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 21 ms 18 ms 19 ms he-3-4-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.90.149]
7 41 ms 57 ms 36 ms 68.86.87.30
8 38 ms 33 ms 34 ms be-15-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.114]
9 41 ms 34 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 40 ms 33 ms 33 ms 0.xe-3-0-6.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.97.81]
11 74 ms 73 ms 73 ms 0.xe-4-1-2.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.186]
12 74 ms 75 ms 75 ms 0.xe-11-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.42]
13 82 ms 78 ms 75 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 75 ms 74 ms 76 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
15 75 ms 76 ms 77 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

16 75 ms 76 ms 84 ms 74.201.102.154
17 76 ms 75 ms 74 ms 74.201.103.121

Trace complete.

Now I went to my Client log and it shows failure to connect with 74.201.106.23:9003

3 34 ms 13 ms 15 ms te-0-5-0-3-ur03.cosprings.co.denver.comcast.net[68.86.105.17]
4 37 ms 23 ms 23 ms te-0-5-0-1-ar02.denver.co.denver.comcast.net [68.85.89.33]
5 19 ms 22 ms 46 ms pos-0-1-0-0-ar02.aurora.co.denver.comcast.net [68.86.128.242]
6 17 ms 22 ms 23 ms he-3-9-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.92.21]
7 32 ms 35 ms 31 ms 68.86.87.34
8 38 ms 38 ms 33 ms be-17-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.83.122]
9 36 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
10 33 ms 31 ms 32 ms 0.xe-2-1-2.XL4.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.96.105]
11 73 ms 115 ms 74 ms 0.xe-4-1-2.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.186]
12 79 ms 77 ms 80 ms 0.xe-11-1-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.46]
13 76 ms 75 ms 76 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]
14 74 ms 75 ms 74 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128.107]
15 75 ms 77 ms 74 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]
16 75 ms 77 ms 87 ms 74.201.102.170
17 * * * Request timed out.
18 * * * Request timed out.

So the problem in my case is routing from 74.201.102.170 to 74.201.106.23...which are both wintin the turbine border.

GREAT idea Cyndder. Heres my tracert to 74.201.106.23:

6 137 ms 135 ms 136 ms xe-1-0-0.GW14.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.179.29.253]
7 141 ms 142 ms 139 ms 0.xe-2-3-0.XL4.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.25.193]
8 144 ms 139 ms 139 ms 0.ge-3-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.218]
9 142 ms 147 ms 162 ms 0.xe-11-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.42]
10 145 ms 144 ms 151 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

11 143 ms 145 ms 144 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.107]
12 152 ms 155 ms 147 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

13 152 ms 150 ms 144 ms 74.201.102.170
14 * * * Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.

It keeps timing out after 74.201.102.170.

Amundir
Stuck again. Joined group. Tried to enter quest (Hiding in Plain Site), back to square one.

Impaqt
hey! I got in on my TR... Started equipping him.. then got stuck again. :(

CrissyViper
08-04-2013, 06:02 PM

Agreed that it is odd that it seems so hit or miss. Last night, I could log in, then would crash while trying to load in my character. Then later in the evening, I could log in and load the character, but would freeze and crash trying to load into a quest. This morning, I could log into the same character and did some running around in a wilderness area, but froze and crashed trying to go into a quest. This evening, I can't even get my seasoned characters to load in at all again. I got a 7th level character in briefly, but then froze and crashed trying to leave the guild ship where I logged in.

I can sometimes load in the character I newly made last night. I created it to try a work around that a guildie of mine has had to use for weeks now, since this same problem first showed up for him after the last patch. He has been able to log into his "new" character, then switch over to his seasoned ones and play as normal. This won't work for whatever is causing the same issue for me since last night, however, so the workaround is a no go.

Just waiting to see what the team working on it comes up with now.

Scrag
08-04-2013, 06:08 PM
same. 106.23 is dead from here.

Drwaz99
08-04-2013, 06:14 PM
GREAT idea Cyndder. Heres my tracert to 74.201.106.23:

6 137 ms 135 ms 136 ms xe-1-0-0.GW14.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.179.29.253]
7 141 ms 142 ms 139 ms 0.xe-2-3-0.XL4.NYC1.ALTER.NET [152.63.25.193]
8 144 ms 139 ms 139 ms 0.ge-3-1-0.XL4.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.20.218]
9 142 ms 147 ms 162 ms 0.xe-11-0-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.42]
10 145 ms 144 ms 151 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

11 143 ms 145 ms 144 ms border1.te8-1-bbnet2.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.107]
12 152 ms 155 ms 147 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

13 152 ms 150 ms 144 ms 74.201.102.170
14 * * * Esgotado o tempo limite do pedido.

It keeps timing out after 74.201.102.170.

Mine does exactly the same timing out at the the same point.

Tracing route to 74.201.106.23 over a maximum of 30 hops

2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 96.120.0.69
3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-9-1-sr01.placitas.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86
.183.77]
4 10 ms 9 ms 13 ms te-9-3-ur01.sandia.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.85.6
5.110]
5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-8-3-ur01.montbel.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.
182.54]
6 79 ms 9 ms 16 ms te-8-3-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68
.86.182.13]
7 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms te-0-1-0-6-cr01.denverqwest.co.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.89.1]
8 22 ms 21 ms 20 ms he-3-13-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68
.86.89.73]
9 36 ms 36 ms 34 ms 68.86.88.118
10 35 ms 32 ms 32 ms be-15-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
.86.83.114]
11 41 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
12 32 ms 36 ms 31 ms 0.xe-3-1-2.XL3.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.98.206]
13 74 ms 88 ms 75 ms 0.ge-7-2-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.182]
14 74 ms 73 ms 73 ms 0.xe-10-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.150]

15 74 ms 78 ms 74 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

16 80 ms 73 ms 74 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
17 75 ms 74 ms 76 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

18 74 ms 76 ms 75 ms 74.201.102.170
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.

Cyndder
08-04-2013, 06:18 PM
For those that are following me on this; can you double check your dndclient log file and see if the IP address your failing on is 74.201.106.23 or something different. If different see if it goes to the same dead-end.

Thank you.

heinny1
08-04-2013, 06:19 PM
Mine does exactly the same timing out at the the same point.

Tracing route to 74.201.106.23 over a maximum of 30 hops

2 8 ms 7 ms 7 ms 96.120.0.69
3 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-9-1-sr01.placitas.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86
.183.77]
4 10 ms 9 ms 13 ms te-9-3-ur01.sandia.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.85.6
5.110]
5 9 ms 9 ms 9 ms te-8-3-ur01.montbel.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68.86.
182.54]
6 79 ms 9 ms 16 ms te-8-3-ar01.albuquerque.nm.albuq.comcast.net [68
.86.182.13]
7 21 ms 19 ms 19 ms te-0-1-0-6-cr01.denverqwest.co.ibone.comcast.net
[68.86.89.1]
8 22 ms 21 ms 20 ms he-3-13-0-0-cr01.denver.co.ibone.comcast.net [68
.86.89.73]
9 36 ms 36 ms 34 ms 68.86.88.118
10 35 ms 32 ms 32 ms be-15-pe02.1950stemmons.tx.ibone.comcast.net [68
.86.83.114]
11 41 ms 35 ms 35 ms 66.208.229.170
12 32 ms 36 ms 31 ms 0.xe-3-1-2.XL3.DFW7.ALTER.NET [152.63.98.206]
13 74 ms 88 ms 75 ms 0.ge-7-2-0.XL3.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.5.182]
14 74 ms 73 ms 73 ms 0.xe-10-3-0.GW15.BOS4.ALTER.NET [152.63.21.150]

15 74 ms 78 ms 74 ms internap-gw.customer.alter.net [152.179.134.214]

16 80 ms 73 ms 74 ms border1.te7-1-bbnet1.bsn003.pnap.net [63.251.128
.43]
17 75 ms 74 ms 76 ms turbine-7.border1.bsn003.pnap.net [64.95.76.202]

18 74 ms 76 ms 75 ms 74.201.102.170
19 * * * Request timed out.
20 * * * Request timed out.
21 * * * Request timed out.
22 * * * Request timed out.
23 * * * Request timed out.
24 * * * Request timed out.
25 * * * Request timed out.
26 * * * Request timed out.
27 * * * Request timed out.
28 * * * Request timed out.
29 * * * Request timed out.
30 * * * Request timed out.

Trace complete.
Well i cant log into my main acount on thelanis server but i can on to other servers i tried? what the heck happened in last ten hours?

Dragonhide42
08-04-2013, 06:21 PM
So went off the grid for a time and now back, and once again they have dropped the ball. the log in tells me my account is not valid and I can log in web site with it, omg. This may be the death of this game.