PDA

View Full Version : DDO - Stormreach

Gefjon
08-01-2013, 10:52 AM
I have the DVD for DDO - Stormreach, plus I used to play when DDO was a subscription deal.

I have not played for ages and it seems my account was not transferred over to the new system.

I have now created a new account here.

My question is - is the DVD for DDO - Stormreach of any use for playing here please?

I am currently a whisker away from being capped by my ISP for downloading too much, so an 8GB download is not possible at present. I had hoped that I could reinstall Stormreach and then a much smaller patch would let me login here. However, the Stormreach installation just tries to connect to the old system and fails.

I assume there is no way to redirect that? If not, then I will just have to wait for a week or so until the download cap is no longer a threat. I bought a new laptop recently - which resulted in some serious downloading to reinstall everything - so I am now having to be careful until that busy week drops off the rolling 30-day average :)

Istaria1
08-01-2013, 11:16 AM
Honestly, no - the DVD is of no use to you. Even if it would install (which it probably won't), the patch would be almost as big as a fresh install.

Wait a few days, then download the new client :)

Aes.

Gefjon
08-01-2013, 01:56 PM
Thanks - I think that might be the best option :)

AbyssalMage
08-03-2013, 11:09 PM
I have the DVD for DDO - Stormreach, plus I used to play when DDO was a subscription deal.

I have not played for ages and it seems my account was not transferred over to the new system.

I have now created a new account here.

My question is - is the DVD for DDO - Stormreach of any use for playing here please?

I am currently a whisker away from being capped by my ISP for downloading too much, so an 8GB download is not possible at present. I had hoped that I could reinstall Stormreach and then a much smaller patch would let me login here. However, the Stormreach installation just tries to connect to the old system and fails.

I assume there is no way to redirect that? If not, then I will just have to wait for a week or so until the download cap is no longer a threat. I bought a new laptop recently - which resulted in some serious downloading to reinstall everything - so I am now having to be careful until that busy week drops off the rolling 30-day average :)
I assume you are playing on a desktop?
I once had to bring my computer to a friends to do a bunch of downloading (I was re-installing Windows and Software after a computer wipe). Maybe you have such an option? Internet limits stink, I totally feel your pain.

Redlio
08-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Hey all,
Is there anyway to get the old account back if you no longer are able to get into?

cdbd3rd
08-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Hey all,
Is there anyway to get the old account back if you no longer are able to get into?

Call Support. They'll ask ya some questions to verify you're the account owner (email assigned to account, CC used to pay on it, etc) then should be able to get you set back up.

If calling isn't an option, you can email, but with the 1-2 week turn-around is a slower process.

http://support.turbine.com/link/portal/24001/24001/Article/239/How-do-I-contact-Turbine-Customer-Support