PDA

View Full Version : New item min levels

Veriden
07-31-2013, 10:32 PM
I think they've gone a bit over board with this.

Before update 19 I have several sets of hand wraps I've had for quite some time.

1.) Min lvl 14 (no race require) +5 shocking burst hand wraps of pure good added icy burst. These handwraps were the first ones of note I've ever gotten back on Veriden's first life back in march of 2010. Now they are min lvl 20

2.) Min lvl 14 (elf req) +2 holy handwraps of disruption: These were heaven sent for wiz king runs on my trs when I looted them around lvl 18 and hung onto them for future lives. that was about 10 lives ago. Now min lvl 18 too late to be useful.

3.) Min lvl 14 (elf req) +2 banishing handwraps of pure good. Great in vale quests, though now min lvl 18 so still useful in vale but still needless bump in min level.

This new automated way to determine an item's min level is nice for the rings from the lord of eyes series, thats fine...but for weapons that are loot gen from before shadowfell expansion? Don't mess with them please. I (and I am sure there are others) who now have a gap in mid level weapons due to this change...for those places you can't stuff a gs weapon..monks namely.

unacceptable
08-01-2013, 10:11 AM
Are the winter festival recipes now adding to min level?

I agree if they want to change the min level of items they should do it on new items and not mess up existing gear? Is there a reason for thsi change?

UurlockYgmeov
08-01-2013, 10:38 AM
wow - so the nerf bat is really really really big and automated ??

time to empty those items out and flood the market on live.

slarden
08-01-2013, 11:52 PM
Is there a dev announcement/explanation about this? I think I am missing this I thought only the level of bta random loot received as end rewards for arcs was changing. I didn't realize all random loot could potentially change.

Veriden
08-02-2013, 01:52 AM
If some one could tell me a method to be able to legitimately post screen shots with out breaking nda for using public sites such as photobucket, I would be happy to post before and after pictures of the items in question.