PDA

View Full Version : Closed Beta Login Issues

Pages : [1] 2

KookieKobold
07-26-2013, 07:24 PM
Hey everyone!

We're fully aware of the issues plaguing some of you right now and are working to figure out exactly what is going on.

If you are having issues logging into Lamannia and have not yet sent your launcher logs to us, please do so by following these steps:

For Windows 7

go to this folder on your computer (it may be hidden, so you'll need to set view hidden files)

C:\Users\ %whatever your username is% \AppData\Local\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Grab a copy of the dndlauncher.log file

From there send an email with that file to **Removed** using the subject name "Lamannia Launcher Logs"

If there are any other threads out there posted with people also having this issue, please link them to this thread.

Amarath
07-26-2013, 07:30 PM
As a bit of help appdata is normally hidden.

In order to see it once you are in users>user name
push Alt+t > select folder options > click the view tab > click the show hidden files folders and drives radio button > then click apply.

This will allow you to see the files.

slam9900
07-26-2013, 07:31 PM
Go team!

roguebaby
07-26-2013, 07:40 PM
Still here, unlogged in.
I keep saying I give up, but then trying 'just one more time'

Draziel
07-26-2013, 07:48 PM
Unfortunatly i even dont have Folder who is named Dungeons and Dragons Online at C:\Users\ %whatever your username is% \AppData\Local\Turbine\, and so i dont have a dndlauncher.log file.

I have DDO Highres and DDO Lamania installed. Both in C: in different Folders. And im running Win 7 Professional.

Hope that helps.

Ionien
07-26-2013, 07:54 PM
Still here too, but probably not for too much longer tonight.

snook59
07-26-2013, 07:58 PM
Is anyone able to log in?

Sertan
07-26-2013, 08:00 PM
My problem is I do not have a Lamannia Launcher I downloaded the game in two locations using the click here Icon in the Beta forums. They both try to launch regular DDO but I do not have an active account . Where do I get the Lamannia Launcher?

Morgraim
07-26-2013, 08:07 PM
Well, I've used every launcher/invoker in the folder, restarted my modem, my pc, done the hokey pokey, sacrificed bot a goat and a chicken while doing the ritual of queue connection summoning, and even went so far as to use my Dragonborn shout of troubleshooting (Fus ro log) and got nothing. Gonna give it a try tomorrow. Thanks for all the help KookieKobold, may your family never move into Waterworks and find a good job working in the Extraplanar Palace.
Good luck and good hunting all.

Venny
07-26-2013, 08:09 PM
Does trying to Log in count towards the Lotto... :P

Caelan
07-26-2013, 08:10 PM
as of 8:50 still not able to log in... queue for server error. sent in log as well as what i've done to fix.

Dawnsfire
07-26-2013, 08:14 PM
Log sent. I hope it helps!

digitaljc
07-26-2013, 08:16 PM
Hi Team,

Just sent my DNDlauncher log to you. Hope you are able to find a suitable solution to this issue.

Regards,

Jonathan

Ashalinia
07-26-2013, 08:18 PM
I looked at the log and while I'm no genius, it looks like a certification issue. Something is outdated. I don't know.

jessman615
Log says something about hash does not contain key on every line

roguebaby
Now I am watching Dorkness Rising (for the 40th time) and trying to log periodically.
Maybe when the pile of dead bards gets high enough I will be able to crawl into Lam, but so far I'm still rolling ones

LrdSlvrhnd
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
FYI, the directions also work on Win8. To view Hidden Folders, click "View" at the top and then check "Hidden Items" - you may need to do this in Windows Explorer *before* trying to do an attachment in your email.

Dawnsfire
07-26-2013, 08:19 PM
My problem is I do not have a Lamannia Launcher I downloaded the game in two locations using the click here Icon in the Beta forums. They both try to launch regular DDO but I do not have an active account . Where do I get the Lamannia Launcher?

I found mine here: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Turbine\DDO Unlimited (Preview)\TurbineLauncher.exe". Different computers and/or operating systems may put it in a different place though . . .

Eranna
07-26-2013, 08:23 PM
Just another voice to say - I sent my log file in. Thank you for addressing this issue, may it be resolved in time for some fun this weekend.

Thank you.

(As a side note, my husband is also experience this issue, two different computers, makes, models, video cards, so on)

Tulmeel
07-26-2013, 08:26 PM
Found it easier just to Search on Dndlaucher.log and select the file from the time of my last log in attempt which was easier for me .

I searched From C:\. Microsoft has a bad habit of trying to make things "user friendly" making it difficult to get into the file structure
Log file sent btw.

TromboneFireTurtle
07-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I sent the log, I hope it helps

Aege
07-26-2013, 08:29 PM
I also keep getting the error, so I emailed over my logs. I have been trying to test for 3 hours now with no luck.

Ashalinia
07-26-2013, 08:31 PM
Or you could just do this:

http://i.imgur.com/g5Dp3vK.png

EllisDee37
07-26-2013, 08:35 PM
Can't login, email sent w/attachment as requested. Also included my system specs, if that helps.

jessman615
07-26-2013, 08:36 PM
Emailed my Log. Hope it gets sorted soon. Anyways going to the pool in the meantime

jbotkins
07-26-2013, 08:38 PM
Logs sent...

Venny
07-26-2013, 08:40 PM
Some of us have been trying to log in since 10am... and I will say this... While this was an expansion test I was looking forward to taking part in though I missed the window to purchase before the allotted time. I did purchase the expansion just like I purchased MotU and I am VIP as well. I am tired of VIP getting the rough deal when it is a paid subscription per month and then we do buy additional points as 500 a month really doesn't cover much not even my fav armor kit.... PSSST what is with the American Football styled Shoulder pads?

But In all honesty... I would like to know should they not get this issue resolved... as the second time slot for this Lotto entry is beginning as I type this... how will they handle this 'Must be logged in to take part in the Lotto' if they do not allow the population they invited to take part in this to log in.

As I quote from the E-mail invite.

Join us for these first Shadowfell Conspiracy events and get your shot at winning these great prizes!

3 First Prizes A lifetime VIP Subscription to Dungeons & Dragons Online®. All the benefits of VIP, including 500 free points per month, without the need to pay a subscription fee!
5 Second Prizes A code valid for 5,000 Turbine Points.
25 Third Prizes A code valid for 500 Turbine Points.

:: Edit ::
The windows one has to enter this lotto are as follows

Friday July 26th
7pm to 8pm - Passed
10pm to 11pm - Passed

Saturday July 27th
10am to 11am - Passed still no log in
12pm to 1pm - Started

This is disheartening ... disappointing ... may as well turn in for the night and check this for updates this tomorrow if anything changes.

Shoemaker
07-26-2013, 08:46 PM
I just sent an email with all of my logs in a zip folder as well as your specifically requested DNDlauncher.log file (there are also a DNDlauncher_1.log - DNDlauncher_7.log in the zip folder).... Enjoy...

binnsr
07-26-2013, 08:51 PM
I had to reinstall this morning - now that I'm home from work and the Lamma launcher has patched, the world shows 'Closed' ...

log sent anyway

Kurukaze
07-26-2013, 08:53 PM
Yeah, over 12 hours trying to log in now, we (my gf and I) are good about submitting feedback and where looking forward to both the testing and the lotto. Really though, as there is so much going on this weekend, our need for cost savings (vip for life) outweighed our other options. Still hoping for resolution and luck.

gelgoog
07-26-2013, 08:59 PM
Hey all,

the easy way I found the log was put it in a search in document and in advanced options click look in hidden folders etc.

it shows up. copy and send.

hope it helps.

Ionien
07-26-2013, 09:06 PM
Well after trying to log in all day today I guess I'm done for today, hopefully they will come up with some way to make the contest fair for all of us that couldn't log in today! Hope the problem is solved by morning.

Gralhota
07-26-2013, 09:08 PM
Logs sent...

Any chance we enjoin on lucky prizes?

splentz
07-26-2013, 09:16 PM
Sent my logs, meanwhile my sorc on the live servers is still very cool and squishy!

Skrandann
07-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Log sent

mrstauf
07-26-2013, 09:23 PM
Unfortunately the same "Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" error continues to plague my login attempts. I have sent my log as requested in the hopes it will afford some resolution to this issue. I will leave the launcher at the "Getting in line to connect" screen for now as I did previously for several hours to no avail. While I, too, have looked forward to this event with much anticipation and now, with the prospect of prizes petering out, I would like to wish the Devs only the best of luck and wish for a swift extermination to this blight. Godspeed.

kaurae
07-26-2013, 09:36 PM
Sent log for Error in server queue for 0x80004005

Tralus
07-26-2013, 09:41 PM
Sent in my log as well, although I found that my client did not create an official "log" file for the game. It created the log config files, but no launcher log.

snook59
07-26-2013, 09:50 PM
Never mind, I had a rant but why bother.....they went home a long time ago.

Teh_Troll
07-26-2013, 09:55 PM
Never mind, I had a rant but why bother.....they went home a long time ago.

RANT!!!!!!!!!!!

I feel better now.

Syndal
07-26-2013, 09:58 PM
My sister sent her logs in

CarpeNoctu
07-26-2013, 09:59 PM
I just sent my .log file, as instructed... I got a bit confused though, as I also found that I had .logs named "DNDLauncher_1" - "DNDLauncher_9".

I would have done so earlier, but I'm in Prague so there's a bit of a time difference... I was asleep when that message was posted.

Fixitosis
07-26-2013, 10:11 PM
log sent. well, sent 3.

.log
1.log
2.log

good luck

roguebaby
07-26-2013, 10:16 PM
Missed 2 out of 4 of the special times... don't have much hope for tomorrow either

:(

Brody
07-26-2013, 10:17 PM
same problem here. After 8 hours of file installs, can't log in. Afterfailure I get "getting in line to connect."
Is it same file with windows XP?

AdmiralBarrett
07-26-2013, 10:32 PM
Log sent. Hopefully, this will be resolved soon.

Inojajo
07-26-2013, 11:11 PM
Log says something about hash does not contain key on every line

Mine too.

calipsodancer
07-26-2013, 11:12 PM
I sent my first and last log in attempts. 1st at 1:11pm est and log 7 at 11:52pm.

Good luck!

Calipso

Jeralrik
07-26-2013, 11:16 PM
Log Sent I hope I got the right one.

It's a Beta I've come to expect this I remember testing DDO we had all kinds of fun problems like chat breaking and trying to complete quests with no way to communicate was interesting, I'm sure they'll get it figured out.

CarpeNoctu
07-26-2013, 11:29 PM
I decided to try accessing Lamannia on my fiancee's laptop, so I opened it and started the fresh update... At some point (I'm not sure exactly when since I was afk while it was updating) I got an error message popup.

"SelfPatch

Could not patch file "TurbineLauncher.exe", error 32: The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process."

The problem is, for some reason, I have 2 launchers updating at the same time. I have no clue why, but I thought it might be important because I remembered that I'd had the same exact issue with the same exact message when dealing with mine on my PC yesterday...

Just to confirm, I am having the same issue on my fiancee's laptop... My account, I've received the invitation email, two accounts showing up on the launcher, "World Status: CLOSED".

BTW... Not sure if this has anything to do with it or not, but I have 2 accounts showing up on both Lamannia and Live. Lamannia appears normal (ddowarforged etc) but I can't see the entire message... The reason I'm pointing that out is because on 'Live' it shows the whole DDOWarforged thing for my VIP account, but since the launcher update it has shown up as NON-VIP even though I still have all of my VIP benefits in the game...

thor360
07-26-2013, 11:58 PM
Why is it that every time I get excited about something regarding the game, I'm always let down.. Anyone else feel the same way?

black_pearl2001
07-27-2013, 01:00 AM
Just tried to log in. World is showing as UP in launcher.

"Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)" error message displayed.

Launcher informs me "Getting in line to connect..."

Log sent as requested.

DamonNomad
07-27-2013, 01:07 AM
Data Sent, hope it helps.
Could it be a problem with an anti-virus interfering?

Nikered
07-27-2013, 01:16 AM
Found it easier just to Search on Dndlaucher.log and select the file from the time of my last log in attempt which was easier for me .

I searched From C:\. Microsoft has a bad habit of trying to make things "user friendly" making it difficult to get into the file structure
Log file sent btw.

I wasn't even able to find the Dndlauncher.log so instead the best I could do was send TurbineLaunher. Does downloading from chrome or Internet explorer matter.

Nikered
07-27-2013, 01:24 AM
Found and Sent the Log hope to start testing soon. Best of luck.

Chiv
07-27-2013, 01:26 AM
Thanks for the login issues, I finally cleaned my flat! ;)

(log sent)

Dandonk
07-27-2013, 01:32 AM
Sent my logs.

But my problem is that the update process seems to have deleted my launcher executable, for some reason. This is very weird.

Andilor
07-27-2013, 01:38 AM
Log sent... it's in a bag on your door step.

Lighting the bag and ringing the door bell.

Liraal
07-27-2013, 01:48 AM
Not sure if you need more, but I sent my log along just in case.

ottodeluxe
07-27-2013, 03:01 AM
Also sent my logs now, though I guess we all can safely say no chance in life any of us will get so see one of the goodies.

Cariyaga
07-27-2013, 03:07 AM
I sent in my log under this name, hope to see progress soon!

Chiv
07-27-2013, 03:39 AM
I dont really care about the goodies, I really would have liked to see the game. Receiving the e.mail I was quite happy and wanted to use the closed beta as a decision point wether the new content was worth returning for or not. Well... I might try again tomorrow.

didib26
07-27-2013, 03:43 AM
Same problem "failed to queue for server (0x80004005)"

Charitee
07-27-2013, 04:48 AM
Hey everyone!

We're fully aware of the issues plaguing some of you right now and are working to figure out exactly what is going on.

If you are having issues logging into Lamannia and have not yet sent your launcher logs to us, please do so by following these steps:

For Windows 7

go to this folder on your computer (it may be hidden, so you'll need to set view hidden files)

C:\Users\ %whatever your username is% \AppData\Local\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

From there send an email with that file to DDOmournlandsmailer@turbine.com using the subject name "Lamannia Launcher Logs"

If there are any other threads out there posted with people also having this issue, please link them to this thread.

Hey Kookie,

Problem is I am not receiving an error...

When I log on and get to server selection screen it just says WORLD CLOSED in red. I have multiple accounts on my account as I transferred over from EU servers some time back.

I wonder if this is causing the issue....?

Do you think there will be a way to fix this if it is?

Ionien
07-27-2013, 05:31 AM
Woke up this morning and tried again and still getting the failed to queue error, looks like those of us with this error won't be trying this beta I guess :(

HuneyMunster
07-27-2013, 05:46 AM
I tried logging in with my VIP account get the same 0x80004005 error message as others are getting. Also after closing the error message I see "getting in line to connect" displayed. I also get this on a second account that I have that is not VIP. I was expecting a message to say I dont have access to the server due to being closed beta.

Tepi
07-27-2013, 05:52 AM
Sent my logs too! Hopefully we will be able to test the beta soon :(

slam9900
07-27-2013, 06:16 AM
Well, I just got up and still getting the same 80004005 error. Lamannia shows as being UP. Interesting note however, is that the error pops immediately after I select "play". You'd expect some kind of delay if it was trying to communicate with the server. I suppose this might mean nothing since latency would be around 100ms. Anyways I tried starting with my firewall disabled...and still no luck.

Lonesome_Moon
07-27-2013, 06:30 AM
Everyting installed and can get to log in page. I put in username and password and get popup message "Failed to launch client, failed to queue for server(0X80004005) and an ok button. I hit ok and a message comes up where log in normally appears that says "Getting in line to connect..." and then it just does nothing. Have not been able to find the dnd.launcher.log in hidden or any other files.

robertfortini
07-27-2013, 06:55 AM
Everyting installed and can get to log in page. I put in username and password and get popup message "Failed to launch client, failed to queue for server(0X80004005) and an ok button. I hit ok and a message comes up where log in normally appears that says "Getting in line to connect..." and then it just does nothing. Have not been able to find the dnd.launcher.log in hidden or any other files.

This is my issue as well. I would gladly send the log, but have no .log files. I'm using Windows 8.

Enir
07-27-2013, 07:07 AM
Got my coffee, Got my cereal, Got my "Failed to launch client, failed to queue for server(0X80004005)".
It is going to be one of those weekends. . . .

slam9900
07-27-2013, 07:16 AM
Got my coffee, Got my cereal, Got my "Failed to launch client, failed to queue for server(0X80004005)".
It is going to be one of those weekends. . . .

And no update since the thread was opened...not looking good :(

Charitee
07-27-2013, 07:30 AM
And no update since the thread was opened...not looking good :(

The devs are probably just waking up... getting their coffee.... and arming themselves against the rabble :)

I'm sure we will be able to log in soon :)

Tulmeel
07-27-2013, 07:39 AM

The easiest way to find the launcher log file is to run a search from C:\ with the see hidden files checked in the view options.

The log files will list the times you tried to launch. open the txt file and copy to the email address. You will know it is the correct log file by the time and the text will show a list of errors about not finding things in hash.

miginokitsune
07-27-2013, 07:43 AM
same error.

log sent.

Fa113n5tar
07-27-2013, 07:43 AM
I tried again now, and this time I got the TOS pages popping up before I got the failed to queue error. So maybe they're getting closer?

Tahca
07-27-2013, 07:56 AM
Saturday morning now....8:55AM....still queue error....no Lamannia

Charitee
07-27-2013, 08:06 AM
http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag65/Dean_Lester/WorldStatusClosed_zps44957b1c.jpg

Ok here is my attempt at a screenshot :)

Once logged in, and vip account chosen, I get this World Status: Closed message.

Had no problems logging in before closed beta.

Do not get any error messages.

Have uninstalled and reinstalled client from link in email.

Have multiple accounts under same username as migrated to US server from EU.

Lonesome_Moon
07-27-2013, 08:11 AM
I dont really care about the goodies, I really would have liked to see the game. Receiving the e.mail I was quite happy and wanted to use the closed beta as a decision point wether the new content was worth returning for or not. Well... I might try again tomorrow.

Ditto, was really excited to recieve e-mail and have the chance to participate in a Beta test. Have the whole weekiend off, would have been perfect. : {

Grizzt14
07-27-2013, 08:21 AM
Logs sent in, VIP with a new client through the e-mail getting the world closed message upon reaching the server select panel. I have been able to access Lamannia in the past, no previous login issues.

monkolous100
07-27-2013, 08:23 AM
still getting error code 8000blah blah blah. I swear DDo if u hand out prizes when a large number of vips can't join then we not friends anymore :(

Gralhota
07-27-2013, 08:29 AM
I am Premium and i cant log.

Charitee
07-27-2013, 08:36 AM
I just logged into DDO main servers and my vip status says Non-VIP... Even though I am VIP and still get all bonuses still :)

Could this be the reason why I get the WORLD closed status?

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag65/Dean_Lester/WorldStatusClosed_zps44957b1c.jpg

Venny
07-27-2013, 08:40 AM
VIP... and Late Preorders of the Expansion that have been Invited VIA E-mail cannot get in. It is drawing close to the Third Event (in about 20 minutes) and still no 'Dice'

I do not see this issue being resolved. :(

Charitee
07-27-2013, 08:43 AM
VIP... and Late Preorders of the Expansion that have been Invited VIA E-mail cannot get in. It is drawing close to the Third Event (in about 20 minutes) and still no 'Dice'

It's a real shame if we miss the event as I really wanted a shot at those prizes. Oh well, such is life... I probably would have never won them anyway :) Would have been awesome to test the new content though... I have always really enjoyed testing the new content on Lamannia in the past and hope I may get to do so once again.

Ionien
07-27-2013, 08:44 AM

If there's only 20 min left there's no point now anyway! Glad I haven't pre-ordered yet after this experience.

Charitee
07-27-2013, 08:46 AM
If there's only 20 min left there's no point now anyway! Glad I haven't pre-ordered yet after this experience.

There is always hope...

It's not over until the fat Kobold bard sings :)

slam9900
07-27-2013, 08:48 AM

Guess I'll give them until the end of the day before I issue a warning on a few choice gaming sites. By that time I'll feel obligated to warn the mmo community not to waste their time and money trying out this beta.

Ionien
07-27-2013, 08:52 AM
There's not even an official post to this forum after Post #1 at 7:24pm last night so I'd say the fat lady has sung!

roguebaby
07-27-2013, 08:53 AM
Good morning fellow lock-outee's

5 minutes from the third event and still no love

*table flip!!!!!!!*

calipsodancer
07-27-2013, 08:54 AM
Guess I'll give them until the end of the day before I issue a warning on a few choice gaming sites. By that time I'll feel obligated to warn the mmo community not to waste their time and money trying out this beta.

While I understand the frustration that you feel, no one would be "wasting" money on a closed beta. Having tried for the past 24 hours to log in I know the disappointment but, with a beta you can expect their to be issues.

With all the above being said, any Dev have any word or information? Nothing since 8ish last evening is kind of disheartening.

slam9900
07-27-2013, 09:03 AM
While I understand the frustration that you feel, no one would be "wasting" money on a closed beta.

Actually anyone who doesn't have an unlimited internet usage package will be using up a healthy dose of their monthly allotment downloading and updating the closed beta. In my case I'm estimating that cost at around 11.50$ since I had to bump up my monthly allotment by 20G just to do so.

Rizzyn
07-27-2013, 09:08 AM
Hello,

Could one of the Community Coordinators or a Dev give us an update on this.

Logs have been sent in, and by this thread and others, there are many that cannot log-in for this Beta event. It is extremely disheartening to be invited to participate in an event, with a limited window for some parts of it, and then not be able to through no fault of our own. This is not a flaw in our computers, or our network, or a simple inability to attend. This is a problem with the application it self, and the log-in server which still cannot properly filter who should and who should not have access.

We got word that the event was continuing as scheduled, which left all of us that were unable to log-in with nothing. We cannot even get in to play the new content as of this AM, 7/27 10AM, let alone actually throw our hat in the ring for the prizes. There is no mention of another sessions, or even a Pseudodragon as a consolation prize. We just simply miss the boat, and that is that? Considering that we received direct invitations, that does not seem right. Considering we paid in advance for this opportunity, it seems even less so.

Please address this. Some of us would like to get at least part of what we paid for. While we knew that Beta Access was not guaranteed, we knew that we could get chosen, and those that were chosen bought their raffle ticket when they bought the expansion. When one wins a raffle, one usually gets something.

Regards,

Rizzyn

KookieKobold
07-27-2013, 09:11 AM
Just a quick update:

We've made a change to Lamannia.

Are folks still unable to connect?

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Nope, I just tried and I got the same error message as always

enochiancub
07-27-2013, 09:13 AM
Up and able!

Finally! Thank you.

Ionien
07-27-2013, 09:14 AM
Just a quick update:

Still unable, same fail to queue error!

JascarLW
07-27-2013, 09:16 AM
I sent in the file. the issue with mine is that I can log in but it keeps telling me that Lamania is down or closed.
Hope it is fixed soon.

Venny
No dice Kookie.... :( Still the same Failed to Queue

lokly
Just a quick update:

I just tried to log, and I'm getting the same error.

Ionien
07-27-2013, 09:17 AM
Up and able!

So you got in? Were you having the closed world error or the failed to queue error?

Rizzyn
Still unable to.

"Failed to queue for Server" error as before.

Charitee
Just a quick update:

yes because it says i'm not vip when I am a vip... really confused

slam9900
same error...didn't work

MiniKobold
Same error as usual. Unable to connect to queue.

Gefionious
07-27-2013, 09:18 AM
Logs uploaded (and a screen shot for good measure).

Hope that helps!

Gefionious

Aussie1855
07-27-2013, 09:18 AM
I have just tried for the millionth time to log in and still no luck and getting the same error message.

Have just sent log file, so hope that helps. But really all those that have write here should get credit for at least trying to login and gat a chance to win some of the prizes.

aussie1855

KookieKobold
07-27-2013, 09:23 AM
Okay! Thanks for checking.

Looking into it a bit more.

Sherque
07-27-2013, 09:24 AM
I'd like a consolation prize since i can't even participate and it's already saturday evening for me :'(
http://puu.sh/3N0qj.png

Charitee
07-27-2013, 09:25 AM

Kookie,

I really think that the world server closed message has something to do with the launcher not recognising i'm a VIP. When I log into main servers it says non-vip but I am a VIP and once in game it recognises I'm Vip. Just not on the launcher.

Lerincho
07-27-2013, 09:28 AM

Is it even understood what the issue is in regards to the queue? Or is this more "hey let's try...."

JascarLW
07-27-2013, 09:30 AM
I have also noticed that when I log in the account I was given permission for it says the world is closed and it wont let me, but when I loged in with my off account it said the world was up but wouldnt let me because of server queue. I really wanted to do this to. It is the first one I was invited to.

Charitee
07-27-2013, 09:32 AM
I have also noticed that when I log in the account I was given permission for it says the world is closed and it wont let me, but when I loged in with my off account it said the world was up but wouldnt let me because of server connection issues and certificate error.

hmmm intersting.... my non vip account says world closed as well as my VIP one. Maybe it's because I have 2 accounts under same user.

SiliconShadow
07-27-2013, 09:35 AM
Still receiving error 0x80004005, logs are showing the same "Hash does not contain key" errors as before.

DemonStorm333
07-27-2013, 09:44 AM
just a reminder some of you may not have it set into the proper folder for the lamania files bc you have to save them to a different location in order to run it properly so just keep searching and you guys should find them

Charitee
07-27-2013, 09:46 AM
just a reminder some of you may not have it set into the proper folder for the lamania files bc you have to save them to a different location in order to run it properly so just keep searching and you guys should find them

I have my installation saved in a different location. Never had problems logging into Lamannia before.
But thank you for the suggestion :)

CarpeNoctu
07-27-2013, 09:47 AM
Just a quick update:

Not me... I just checked and I'm still seeing Lamannia as Closed.

calipsodancer
07-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Just a quick update:

As of 10:47am est I am still receiving the log in error (0x80004005).

Dragonuke
07-27-2013, 09:48 AM
Same issue as every one else :(
Failed to cue

PhoenixRising627
07-27-2013, 09:49 AM
been trying since Open yesterday and haven't got in yet either. Same Server Queue Error here

Charitee
07-27-2013, 09:50 AM
Not me... I just checked and I'm still seeing Lamannia as Closed.

Carpe,

Are you VIP?

If you are please check something for me :)

When you log into main servers, does it say that you are Non-VIP on launcher?

vms4ever
07-27-2013, 09:57 AM
I have sent the dndlauncher.log in. I am still not able to log on. How about some hot chocolate and donuts for those of us who are still standing in line waiting for the world queue?

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 09:58 AM
Here here!!

CarpeNoctu
07-27-2013, 10:00 AM
Carpe,

Are you VIP?

If you are please check something for me :)

When you log into main servers, does it say that you are Non-VIP on launcher?

Yeah, I'm VIP and yeah, my live launcher shows up as Non_VIP as well...

I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment, but if you'll go back a few pages and check out post 50 (iirc) I posted a bit more detail... I have no clue what they might need or what might be helpful so I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible...

Perhaps they'll get us in soon... I'll have to find out later, though.

Charitee
07-27-2013, 10:04 AM
Yeah, I'm VIP and yeah, my live launcher shows up as Non_VIP as well...

I'm in a bit of a hurry at the moment, but if you'll go back a few pages and check out post 50 (iirc) I posted a bit more detail... I have no clue what they might need or what might be helpful so I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible...

Perhaps they'll get us in soon... I'll have to find out later, though.

Yep just read your post.... Same prediciment....

Hope they figure it out.

Blueydwhtetiger
07-27-2013, 10:10 AM
can anyone show a screen shot of the launcher so i know what to look for about vip/non vip?
when i went to account nd log in it lists me as both " free to play sign upo accout and VIP"

Dandonk
07-27-2013, 10:13 AM

Well, since I have no launcher file left, no chance of getting in.

Teh_Troll
07-27-2013, 10:15 AM
Still broken.

D0000000000000mnmmmmmmmmmm11!!!!!!!!!!!

Charitee
07-27-2013, 10:18 AM
can anyone show a screen shot of the launcher so i know what to look for about vip/non vip?
when i went to account nd log in it lists me as both " free to play sign upo accout and VIP"

Ok, So on the live servers my vip statuses are showing like this...

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag65/Dean_Lester/NonVIP_zpse521767f.jpg

But my subscription (12/09/2008) is in fact VIP. I just thought it might be linked to the World Status CLOSED message that's all... nothing definite. I'm sure they will figure it out :)

roguebaby
07-27-2013, 10:21 AM
Nope, still waiting in line at the cool kids club.

Marknoc
07-27-2013, 10:23 AM
:rolleyes:BUT...I cannot log in either. It gives me the "unable to connect 800 etc etc etc" and then tells me im getting in line for connection.
I was very excited to be a part of this, but honestly, lets just admit this is broken and recall that event for now

Dobsa
07-27-2013, 10:24 AM
day 2 and still having issues. logs are sent in, just hoping that i at least get a "tiny" chance to play?

Brakash
07-27-2013, 10:26 AM
I have several logs in my launcher folder, none specific to Lamannia. I have DNDLauncher and Launcher_############. I can send these if you would like, just send me a pm. I'm unable to log in at all.

Teh_Troll
07-27-2013, 10:32 AM
Ok, So on the live servers my vip statuses are showing like this...

http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag65/Dean_Lester/NonVIP_zpse521767f.jpg

But my subscription (12/09/2008) is in fact VIP. I just thought it might be linked to the World Status CLOSED message that's all... nothing definite. I'm sure they will figure it out :)

How did you get that view?

Charitee
07-27-2013, 10:35 AM
How did you get that view?

I'm not sure what you mean? It always loads for me when I log in... I have 2 accounts because I merged over from EU servers.

Dark_Uncle72
07-27-2013, 10:37 AM
I opened my client, it updated, and boom I'm in...

NytCrawlr
07-27-2013, 10:38 AM
Just a quick update:

Still showing closed.

Lerincho
07-27-2013, 10:39 AM
Any discussion on rescheduling of the events that we are missing due to this overlooked issue? After all it took you all more than 4 hours to acknowledge there was an issue.

Morgraim
07-27-2013, 10:42 AM
I opened my client, it updated, and boom I'm in...

Thank you very much for sharing that completely unhelpful and unnecessary post. I for one have been trying to connect since roughly 0900 CST Fri and have not been able to regardless of what steps I have taken, its nice to know that you not only are able to connect but feel the need to post in a thread specifically started to garner some help from the people who can fix a collective issue shared by many community members just to let everyone know that you and you alone are having no problems. Thank you very much, and may you live in interesting times.

Charitee
07-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Thank you very much for sharing that completely unhelpful and unnecessary post. I for one have been trying to connect since roughly 0900 CST Fri and have not been able to regardless of what steps I have taken, its nice to know that you not only are able to connect but feel the need to post in a thread specifically started to garner some help from the people who can fix a collective issue shared by many community members just to let everyone know that you and you alone are having no problems. Thank you very much, and may you live in interesting times.

hehehehehe I shouldn't laugh but that tickled me!

Kurukaze
07-27-2013, 10:43 AM
Nope, still 26 hours later, no queue for us.

ishtara
07-27-2013, 10:45 AM
i have tried and tried since yesterday at about 4pm est time to log in. I hav even spent about 8 hours deleting the test server and reloading it. and all I get is unable to que message. am I doing something wrong?

Venny
07-27-2013, 10:50 AM
about 10 minutes to the last event and no word, no entry... no playing... no conversations with the devs. No fun times, no giggles... *Sigh* and btw... I hate Crystal Cove. -_-;

Rizzyn
07-27-2013, 10:51 AM
i have tried and tried since yesterday at about 4pm est time to log in. I hav even spent about 8 hours deleting the test server and reloading it. and all I get is unable to que message. am I doing something wrong?

No, the problem is on the server side. Leave your most recent reload and wait for word here. We are all (those that cannot log-in) waiting for some kind of resolution or word about how this will proceed. They are trying to address the issue with our ability to log-in, but have not mentioned any adjustments to schedule or the availability of the events.

Stormanne
07-27-2013, 10:57 AM
Add me to the list of those that have been invited to the party, but not allowed past the velvet rope....

Nikered
07-27-2013, 11:01 AM
I'm still hoping... as of now no dice.

tylt4gv
07-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Just tried to log in and still getting the same "queue" message

Danaeyris
07-27-2013, 11:02 AM
Unfortunatly i even dont have Folder who is named Dungeons and Dragons Online at C:\Users\ %whatever your username is% \AppData\Local\Turbine\, and so i dont have a dndlauncher.log file.

I have DDO Highres and DDO Lamania installed. Both in C: in different Folders. And im running Win 7 Professional.

Hope that helps.

here is what i put in my search field to bring up my launcher log files. then i sent the email after dragging my files to my yahoo email to be emailed to email address stated above in instructions. hope this was helpful.
C:\Users\ Dora \AppData\Local\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

IntrepidBear
07-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I cannot download Lammania at all, been trying for day and half..
any folder it starts refuses to open, and says 'no connection'.. *sigh,
I was hoping to try it out before purchasing anything..

I am VIP and did receive the invite, but nada.. :(

Danaeyris
07-27-2013, 11:04 AM
Just tried to log in and still getting the same "queue" message

I am glad that I am not the only one having this issue.

Draziel
07-27-2013, 11:09 AM

here is what i put in my search field to bring up my launcher log files. then i sent the email after dragging my files to my yahoo email to be emailed to email address stated above in instructions. hope this was helpful.
C:\Users\ Dora \AppData\Local\Turbine\Dungeons and Dragons Online\Launcher

Thanks that helped i was in Roaming.

IntrepidBear
07-27-2013, 11:09 AM
never mind cannot log in, cannot even download Lammania at all...

Fa113n5tar
07-27-2013, 11:11 AM
I wonder if they've even been able to determine the issue from the log files. Since there has been no update from devs with any real details I guess we just have to keep waiting.

Johnstone
07-27-2013, 11:12 AM
I'm getting the same cannot queue message (0x80004005). Not finding any launcher log only client log. Was really looking forward to testing on my one day off. *shrug*

ishtara
07-27-2013, 11:16 AM
I'm getting the same cannot queue message (0x80004005). Not finding any launcher log only client log. Was really looking forward to testing on my one day off. *shrug*

annoying aint it. my usual run group are all on and I cant gt on. and this one fo the few times we all can be on for more than 2 r 3 hours together before someone has to go to sleep. I been trying and tryin. no feasible way to get on.

zagler
07-27-2013, 11:17 AM
I had one. Tried to get on and couldn't and when I went back to try again, the launch button is gone. How do I get it back? Please advise anyone! Thanks.

slam9900
07-27-2013, 11:21 AM
Given the amount of time that's passed since this problem reared its ugly head, three things are obvious:
1/ They're completely in over their heads on how to fix it.
2/ They haven't and likely will not be calling in an expert to help them find a solution.
3/ They're now blindly trying out different solutions without fully understanding how to isolate the problem.
Here's hoping they get lucky...

Venny
07-27-2013, 11:25 AM
Even though I am disappointed with the inability to test and play, to join the Devs in these events as they are quite fun and I love the Devs that do take the time to 'party' with those in the community, I have been involved in quite a few Dev questing ventures and I have enjoyed myself during those testing events. I quite enjoy every moment of testing, bug reporting and writing reviews that my other half posts (Rizzyn.)

While I find this entirely disappointing... I return here to see if there is any update from Kookie or any of the other Devs. Kookie I still love you. I hope that at some point even if it is 15 minutes to see or chat with the Devs at one event that one would get to take part in the event. Just watch the hungry Piranha flock around the Devs chasing them for stuff. It is amusing and a highlight to any day.

*Sigh*
Disappointed
Venny.

snook59
07-27-2013, 11:30 AM
Hey Dev's, do you really think this is going to get fixed this weekend? Is there anyone really working on it? I am assuming some of you are working this weekend on the beta project but I doubt anyone was scheduled to work on this kind of bug over the weekend.

I don't understand why you just don't tell everyone we don't have anyone to work on this problem this weekend, they are focusing they're efforts on the people who can get into the beta and "maybe" we can look at this problem next week.

Large companies have a problem telling the truth but it's out there and in this case the truth is this particular log on problem will not be solved any time soon and those that have it are just out of luck for the beta and the contests that come with it.

It's not the fact we are screwed, it's that you won't tell us!

Levonestral
07-27-2013, 11:33 AM
I cannot download Lammania at all, been trying for day and half..
any folder it starts refuses to open, and says 'no connection'.. *sigh,
I was hoping to try it out before purchasing anything..

I am VIP and did receive the invite, but nada.. :(

I ran into the same problem you did (evil Pando software, how I lothe you).

Found this thread the other day and the fix for me was to change my DNS server on my computer to point to Google DNS instead of my ISP (mentioned in the thread). Give it a shot, you might get lucky also.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/199250-quot-Pando-Media-Booster-quot-FAQ-Updated-9-17-2010

Levonestral
07-27-2013, 11:35 AM
Just to pile on here also. I'm getting the same "Closed" red text as many others. I'm a late invite to the Beta also like it seems all the other are. Am VIP also, but the lists (like on live) are showing them as non-VIP which I read is just a visual bug anyway.

zagler
07-27-2013, 11:38 AM
I found the launch button, sort of. I went into my games folder where my other ddo launcher is. Now there are 2. They both say Ebberon Unlimited. They look exactly the same, but one is lamannia. I can tell the diff because my original ddo is pinned to the start menu. So, I thought I'd share the "solution" in the even that anyone else is as maladroit as i am!

Lerincho
07-27-2013, 11:50 AM
I found the launch button, sort of. I went into my games folder where my other ddo launcher is. Now there are 2. They both say Ebberon Unlimited. They look exactly the same, but one is lamannia. I can tell the diff because my original ddo is pinned to the start menu. So, I thought I'd share the "solution" in the even that anyone else is as maladroit as i am!

I am sorry ,but how is this a solution?

Momsboys
07-27-2013, 11:59 AM

He/she lost thier icon.

ishtara

I have no clue. please enlighten me?

ISMisst
still getting login error

krynnotaur
07-27-2013, 12:02 PM
The only difference was, the legal garbage nobody reads twice popped up before it still can't connect due to the misconfiguration in their SSL layer clearly indicated by the logs.

2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] GameClientStarter::OnLoginAccountSSLError - Failed to login!
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: SSL Error 0 : "The issuer certificate of a locally looked up certificate could not be found"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: SSL Error 1 : "The root CA certificate is not trusted for this purpose"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 0 : ""
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 1 : "Thawte"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 2 : ""
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 3 : ""
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 4 : "MSFT"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 5 : "Microsoft Trust Network"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 6 : "VeriSign Trust Network"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 7 : "The USERTRUST Network"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 8 : "GeoTrust Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 9 : "Baltimore"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 10 : "Equifax"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 11 : "GlobalSign nv-sa"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 12 : "Entrust.net"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 13 : "VeriSign, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 14 : "GTE Corporation"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 15 : "thawte, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 16 : "VeriSign, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 17 : "VeriSign, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 18 : "Thawte Consulting cc"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 19 : "DigiCert Inc"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 20 : "Starfield Technologies, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 21 : "Entrust.net"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 22 : "VeriSign, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 23 : "VeriSign, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 24 : "StartCom Ltd."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 25 : "America Online Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 26 : "ValiCert, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 27 : "The Go Daddy Group, Inc."
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 28 : "DigiCert Inc"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] STATUS: Certificate Organization 29 : "AddTrust AB"
2013.07.27 11:56:21[W] GameClientStarter::OnLoginAccountSSLError - Ignoring SSL errors!

Your not ignoring ssl errors, they are ****ing off a lot of what remains of your die hard user base.

Lerincho
07-27-2013, 12:02 PM
He/she lost thier icon.

And that deals with login issues?

mitEh1
07-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Same error sent in Log Hope there is a fix soon.

Momsboys
07-27-2013, 12:10 PM
And that deals with login issues?

No, but they posted they lost it. I don't know man. You asked how it was a solution, it was a solution for him/her to get their icon back.

robertfortini
07-27-2013, 12:12 PM
still getting login error

Me too same error failing to queue.

AdmiralBarrett
07-27-2013, 12:13 PM
Attention Devs,

As the issue is still unresolved at the time of this post and given the remaining time in the open beta, I have chosen to uninstall the beta completely as I am not confident that a solution will be found before the end of the beta period. I am equally disappointed that this problem prevented me from participating in the parallel contest. I appreciate the invite to the beta. However, after this experience, my confidence in future betas is rather bleak. I am dissatisfied with the situation and the rather lukewarm response from the development staff in resolving the issue. Thank you for your time.

AdmiralBarrett

roguebaby
07-27-2013, 12:15 PM
Well, that was a fun event! I am so glad I got to party with devs and get in the running for some really awesome prizes!! So glad I got up on friday morning so I could get in maximum log times

oh...wait... I'm still in the queue after the event is well and truly over. yay

Cigaran
07-27-2013, 12:17 PM
File sent.

I've got a VIP account, have not preordered the expansion yet, and was invited to closed beta on July 25th. I'm getting the same 'Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)' error as everyone else.

I was hoping to get a chance to see what all changes are coming and then based on that, preorder the new expansion. Guess I'll go do some yard work for now.

Dobsa
07-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Well, that was a fun event! I am so glad I got to party with devs and get in the running for some really awesome prizes!! So glad I got up on friday morning so I could get in maximum log times

oh...wait... I'm still in the queue after the event is well and truly over. yay

yup, standing in line watching all the drunks head home as they tell me the club is closing....

Stormanne
07-27-2013, 12:23 PM
http://www.blackfive.net/photos/uncategorized/kerryfumbles.jpg

xberto
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
sent my file last night. Seems i'm still experiencing same problems as the rest. Good luck..

AZgreentea
07-27-2013, 12:26 PM
Is anyone able to log in, or is it just the recent invites that are having problems? I'm just wondering if they actually had the event, really.

Venny
07-27-2013, 12:30 PM
Notice:The Lamannia forums are available for closed beta participants and VIPs. The next beta event is slated for Friday, July 26th at 12:00 PM Eastern (-4 GMT).

I see that and I read this

Notice: The Lamannia Client is unavailable for newly Invited Beta Participants and VIPs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Again V.I.P feels more like S.I.P or S.A.P …. Surely Ignored Person or Simply Average Participant

Now that the Beta events are over. The question remains... Will there be any Condolence Prizes? Will we all who were invited and trying since yesterday morning have a chance at this rather unfair Lotto?

Or is it just simply sorry you wasted your time... sorry we got your hopes up... Meh

I will continue to test... and look at things, I will continue to do as I have always done though to be honest my enthusiasm to do so has dropped.

shameofthenation
07-27-2013, 12:31 PM
not yesterday, not this morning. i get all the email, all the legal notices.
im a 25th level paralegal now.

danmatt
07-27-2013, 12:31 PM
ive tried twice to download and install the beta, hours and hours of time downloading and updating and still getting the same message

Failed to launch client
Failed to queue for server (0x80004005)

ive also emailed the log file

if im doing something wrong please tell me

any help would be nice

thanks

Ashalinia
07-27-2013, 12:33 PM
not yesterday, not this morning. i get all the email, all the legal notices.
im a 25th level paralegal now.

I'm a 25th level HtS (Hated Soul)

snook59
07-27-2013, 12:35 PM
Just wow.

Andilor
07-27-2013, 12:37 PM
There is always hope...

It's not over until the fat Kobold bard sings :)

It's not over until the Bardcher gets a kill.

Venny
07-27-2013, 12:43 PM
I'm a 25th level HtS (Hated Soul)

I need a Rez shrine

x_x

IntrepidBear
07-27-2013, 12:49 PM
I see that and I read this

Notice: The Lamannia Client is unavailable for newly Invited Beta Participants and VIPs. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Again V.I.P feels more like S.I.P or S.A.P …. Surely Ignored Person or Simply Average Participant

Now that the Beta events are over. The question remains... Will there be any Condolence Prizes? Will we all who were invited and trying since yesterday morning have a chance at this rather unfair Lotto?

Or is it just simply sorry you wasted your time... sorry we got your hopes up... Meh

I will continue to test... and look at things, I will continue to do as I have always done though to be honest my enthusiasm to do so has dropped.

*sigh,
I got an invite to a party, and found a vacant lot...

Sertanlee
07-27-2013, 12:50 PM
all 9 of the launcher logs have been sent . I suppose you will look at them Monday ? Here is to hoping you get it figured out.https://www.ddo.com/forums/images/smilies/cool.png

LrdSlvrhnd
07-27-2013, 12:51 PM
Just a quick update:

Yep, still unable to connect. Getting the queue error, but Lama is green-for-go. No idea if I'm showing up as VIP or not on the launcher, 'cause I've never seen anything remotely resembling that screen somebody posted.

IntrepidBear
07-27-2013, 12:53 PM
Hey everyone!

For Windows 7

From there send an email with that file to DDOmournlandsmailer@turbine.com using the subject name "Lamannia Launcher Logs"

I am a VIP, received the invitation, but the Lammania won't even download for me.. been trying two days now

xberto
07-27-2013, 12:54 PM

..trolling I know but I gotta say... When I accept to play a beta, I don't expect reliability and certainly don't feel entitled to any kind of prize because of the downtime. The live servers are up and that I do expect.

Ashalinia
07-27-2013, 12:57 PM
I need a Rez shrine

x_x

Uh sorry, I only get the "Kill Ally" spell.

Edit: I would use that spell all the time lol.

PNellesen
07-27-2013, 01:07 PM
Sent my log file in last night, but still getting the big red CLOSED sign after I log in. I CAN log in, however. Just can't get into Lamma once I do.

KookieKobold
07-27-2013, 01:12 PM
We've got some people looking deeper into this issue as we speak.

As soon as I get more information, i'll be sure to share it here.

Nikered
07-27-2013, 01:13 PM
My first time of trying a beta and I'm kind of disappointed, but still waiting for a solution.

jessman615
07-27-2013, 01:14 PM
day 2 and still not fixed sigh....

ISMisst
07-27-2013, 01:15 PM
thank you kookie for info

jessman615
07-27-2013, 01:15 PM
day 2 and still not fixed sigh.... having trouble with forums now too. It doesn't want to post.
t

Venny
07-27-2013, 01:16 PM
..trolling I know but I gotta say... When I accept to play a beta, I don't expect reliability and certainly don't feel entitled to any kind of prize because of the downtime. The live servers are up and that I do expect.

Meh... I expect there to be bugs... but when there is the 'advertisement' of a lotto that requires you log in to have a chance... at winning. I expect the Invite to work to allow for that chance even if it is 15 minutes before one is logged out and required to log back in. XD When invited I expect to actually be able to 'get in' Meh I have been testing for some time now. Back to testing other games for me while I wait on this one to be fixed.

Uh sorry, I only get the "Kill Ally" spell.

Edit: I would use that spell all the time lol.

LMAO ^^ so would I.

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 01:19 PM
Thank you Kookie

Venny
07-27-2013, 01:22 PM

Thank you Kookie :)

Curtis1218
07-27-2013, 01:39 PM
Heres to the Devs for staying on this issue... keep working hard hope is riding on you :). Good Luck!

CarpeNoctu
07-27-2013, 01:41 PM

If you guys hadn't decided to screw around with True Seeing and make things harder to find they might have found it by now...

Thanks for the info, though...

CarpeNoctu
07-27-2013, 01:42 PM

Never double post a bad joke...

Teh_Troll
07-27-2013, 01:46 PM

Thank you.

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 01:48 PM
Thank you Kookie

robertfortini
07-27-2013, 01:53 PM
Thanks Kookie,
I'm sure you guys will find the error soon, and I know you'll have something fun for all of us to play through to make up for us missing out on this event! Love the game and what you all are doing!

Quintain-Valewalker
07-27-2013, 02:40 PM
I have tried, as many of you did to log in and I was met with the same failure error. I uninstalled and reloaded twice now and have not had any success. I was unable to locate the launcher.log file as were most of you. Although I do have a question based on the 11 pages of replies in the thread. Were there only certain times to actually download the preview server? The e-mail I received stated the Beta gameplay time started at 10AM on the 26th and to stay logged in as much as possible from the 26th to the 28th.

Momsboys
07-27-2013, 02:46 PM
Hurry! Lol. Jking. But really, im playing balloon tower defense....

Charitee
07-27-2013, 02:55 PM
Hi Kookie,

Do we have an update on the World Status Closed problem yet?
Was it what I asked about earlier with the Non-VIP showing in the launcher?

Tralus
07-27-2013, 02:58 PM
I have tried, as many of you did to log in and I was met with the same failure error. I uninstalled and reloaded twice now and have not had any success. I was unable to locate the launcher.log file as were most of you. Although I do have a question based on the 11 pages of replies in the thread. Were there only certain times to actually download the preview server? The e-mail I received stated the Beta gameplay time started at 10AM on the 26th and to stay logged in as much as possible from the 26th to the 28th.

The preview server is always available for download. During this time though it is select accounts welcome due to closed beta for the expansion. Sadly, mot people are having issues logging into the game because they see "world closed" or queue error. The current patch for the server has created some issues with log in.

Jeralrik
07-27-2013, 03:01 PM
So is there an issue with the billing because I pay yearly and my sub isn't do for renewal for another couple months but when I login it show's I'm now NON-VIP does this have anything to do with my being unable to get into Lamannia for the Beta test. I've been a paid sub since the game released in 2006.
Also noticed my Founders Tag is missing also...Sigh!! Gotta love Beta's always introduce new bugs.

So my regular DDO game launcher comes up with NON-VIP and on Thursday it showed Subscriber and when logging into Lamannia I get just my DDO 01/27/2006 and status active nothing about being a sub or non.

mrstauf
07-27-2013, 03:04 PM
First to the Devs: You just keep working, and we'll keep playing. Your dedication and hard work are greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Second, to the Supporters: Your understanding and positive outlook display maturity and sense of logic which are invaluable to this community. Faith in humanity restored, thank you!

Lastly, to the Naysayers: Turbine is not in the business of telling you they don't want you to play their game. They need the data from this beta to finish this expansion and no amount of sanctimonious entitlement is going to fix the issues that prevent us from helping them obtain it. Please be patient and contribute to the solution. Thank you!

BANANA!

Charitee
07-27-2013, 03:06 PM
So is there an issue with the billing because I pay yearly and my sub isn't do for renewal for another couple months but when I login it show's I'm now NON-VIP does this have anything to do with my being unable to get into Lamannia for the Beta test. I've been a paid sub since the game released in 2006.
Also noticed my Founders Tag is missing also...Sigh!! Gotta love Beta's always introduce new bugs.

So my regular DDO game launcher comes up with NON-VIP and on Thursday it showed Subscriber and when logging into Lamannia I get just my DDO 01/27/2006 and status active nothing about being a sub or non.

Yep join the club :)

hehehe

I hope they fix it soon :)

I have already asked this question but still am waiting on a reply.

massage1
07-27-2013, 03:11 PM
Why is it that every time I get excited about something regarding the game, I'm always let down.. Anyone else feel the same way?

As a matter of fact I do feel the same way.

Got -4 excitement regarding the need to purchase expansion packs despite being VIP since 2006
Had +6 excitement for the beta (first invite since joining in 2006)
And progressively got -1 excitement for each forum entry that I read here...
So now I'm incapacitated with no healer in sight.

Good thing I can still get on live servers and do the Cove.

Morgraim
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
Lastly, to the Naysayers: Turbine is not in the business of telling you they don't want you to play their game. They need the data from this beta to finish this expansion and no amount of sanctimonious entitlement is going to fix the issues that prevent us from helping them obtain it. Please be patient and contribute to the solution. Thank you!

Seriously? Like brown nosing is going to help fix it? How about you walk through a Lego Factory barefoot? Are some of us getting ****ed? Yes, every single time something like this comes down the pipes there is some kind of issue like this. If you think we aren't "entitled" to be soured by constant delays, inexplicable breaks, and ham handed attempts to run these events you seriously need to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

lhessels
07-27-2013, 03:15 PM
I have sent in all my log files. I hope you find a fix for this soon, we were looking forward to beta testing.

AZgreentea
07-27-2013, 03:20 PM
On the plus side,

I dont feel like I am missing an opportunity to get the XP bonus on my live characters. :D

Ashalinia
07-27-2013, 03:21 PM
Seriously? Like brown nosing is going to help fix it? How about you walk through a Lego Factory barefoot? Are some of us getting ****ed? Yes, every single time something like this comes down the pipes there is some kind of issue like this. If you think we aren't "entitled" to be soured by constant delays, inexplicable breaks, and ham handed attempts to run these events you seriously need to stop drinking the Kool Aid.

Relax. Be mature and wait like everyone else. No amount of complaining expedites the process.

massage1
07-27-2013, 03:21 PM

Thank you for working on this. I hope, because of my love of the game and the excitement of being invited to beta, that it will be up and working soon. I certainly know nothing of programming, but it's no stretch of logic to think a game like this is a bit complex to write and discover errors in.

Keep up the good work! I'll keep an eye on the forums and play the live servers in the mean time. :-)

massage1
07-27-2013, 03:23 PM
Relax. Be mature and wait like everyone else. No amount of complaining expedites the process.

Amen...

Momsboys
07-27-2013, 03:25 PM

+1 There needs to be more of this stuff here xD

mrstauf
07-27-2013, 03:39 PM
On the plus side,

I dont feel like I am missing an opportunity to get the XP bonus on my live characters. :D

Precisely what I'm doing between Lamannia login attempts! Hooray for multitasking!

Binn05
07-27-2013, 03:41 PM
Trying the third week closed beta and can't connect.
Sent the log file as asked.

Come on guys, 3 closed beta weeks of the same problem?

Ashalinia
07-27-2013, 03:44 PM
+1 There needs to be more of this stuff here xD

Shame it doesn't work. I'd have to send mercenaries after these people to get them to stop.

Edit: I am honored to be in your signature, sir. xD

Momsboys
07-27-2013, 03:48 PM
Shame it doesn't work. I'd have to send mercenaries after these people to get them to stop.

Edit: I am honored to be in your signature, sir. xD

xD Your Welcome. And yes, mercenaries should do. Maybe some assassins... If necessary that is.

Ashalinia
07-27-2013, 03:51 PM
xD Your Welcome. And yes, mercenaries should do. Maybe some assassins... If necessary that is.

Or a clown. I mean an assassin dressed as a clown.

slam9900
07-27-2013, 04:01 PM

Hold the phone!...are you telling us they sent out beta invites while this problem has carried over from 2 previous betas? Well thats just swell.

Ionien
07-27-2013, 04:07 PM
Sent the log file as asked.

Come on guys, 3 closed beta weeks of the same problem?

So this has been ongoing for 3 closed betas and hasn't been fixed, that is really sad!

NytCrawlr
07-27-2013, 04:37 PM
Just wanted to throw in another "Go, Kookie*, go!" for moral support.

*Insert other devs working on the issue here

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 04:39 PM
Kookie, is there anything else that we can do to help?

DamonNomad
07-27-2013, 04:43 PM
If you can not see the file, check the view settings through your file system. You may actually have to give yourself permission to see system and hidden files. Quick check, if you have permission to see all files, there should be a desktop.ini file visible on your main desktop screen. If that is hidden, your permissions need to be changed.

I have only been in this for a week, and still have not even reached the character creation point. Could that be related to the error? I have already sent in my logs.

Dawnsfire
07-27-2013, 04:50 PM
in my particular case I may see a cause. When I log into the regular game both of my accounts are labeled 'non-vip' at the moment. I checked on live and I am receiving all my VIP perks (and I checked my status on the myaccount site) but that may be why I see the 'world closed' error.

Ryuuhi96826
07-27-2013, 05:20 PM
I got the message "Failure to queue for server (0x80004005),then it stays in "Getting in line to connect" and just stays like that. I can't find the log files also even if I already set the option to be able to view hidden files.

Tralus
07-27-2013, 05:24 PM
So I looked into the turbine support page to try and figure this out with past issues with the same command. As it stands I took a look at dndclient in the preview folder on notepad and recived:

000000000.000: Invalid Command-line "C:\Program Files\Turbine\DDO Unlimited (Preview)\dndclient.exe" : You must specify an account name

--For the recorded launcher. I have sent this into the e-mail provided.

Sertanlee
07-27-2013, 06:11 PM
Please email us when the problem is figured out and fixed.

shalafimajere
07-27-2013, 06:58 PM
Will send in launcher logs but issue is still ongoing. After popup the main launcher window says.

"Getting in line to connect... " Do we leave it running in hopes of getting in?

Tralus
07-27-2013, 07:09 PM
Will send in launcher logs but issue is still ongoing. After popup the main launcher window says.

"Getting in line to connect... " Do we leave it running in hopes of getting in?

No waiting on it. If it says unable to connect then that means out launcher isn't connecting with the server somehow. As stated before, I think it's because one of the files from pando got corrupt and because of that fine A can not access file B. Reason why turbine is still looking into it. V_V

ISMisst
07-27-2013, 07:33 PM
day 2 no resolution, guess we are sol.

Psimas
07-27-2013, 07:54 PM
But at least we sat through hours of download and install... That's behind us... Right? **shudders in thought of reinstalling**

ISMisst
07-27-2013, 08:05 PM
if i had to re install i would copy the dat folder else where, then re install

calipsodancer
07-27-2013, 08:19 PM
But at least we sat through hours of download and install... That's behind us... Right? **shudders in thought of reinstalling**

I have reinstalled. and still can't get in!

Imathil
07-27-2013, 08:40 PM
I have tried downloading and installing on two separate computers and still get the queue error. At least the non-beta is up and I can access that one.

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 08:45 PM
Have we heard anything from Kookie? And is that a good thing or a bad thing?

Morgraim
07-27-2013, 08:53 PM
Looks like yet another bust. Don't have a clue how it is that every time you guys go and try to put something like this together you manage to screw the pooch so hard on these, whats more, I have no clue why I still expect it to work.

kruggar
07-27-2013, 08:56 PM
Im in this game since day 1 and after a break of almost a year i thought would be a good oportunity to come back. Sad.

ishtara
07-27-2013, 08:57 PM
well it is annoying. it supposed to be open to preorder and vip but I guess it is only selective. most of us just sol and not important enough to even get what we are told we get even when we spend the money to get it.

ISMisst
07-27-2013, 08:59 PM
good thing? no
bad thing? more then likely
new thing from turbine? no
want to do cove? no
love this game? yes
getting burnt out on these endless snafus? yes

Morgraim
07-27-2013, 09:01 PM
good thing? no
bad thing? more then likely
new thing from turbine? no
want to do cove? no
love this game? yes
getting burnt out on these endless snafus? yes

This, minus the love the game part. After this I'm gonna have to say that DDO has been friendzoned.

TromboneFireTurtle
07-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Keep going Devs, I'm praying for you guys

DamonNomad
07-27-2013, 09:06 PM
Anyone else getting a license review twice on both this and the live logins?