PDA

View Full Version : Completionist feat

Shalexilf
07-23-2013, 04:36 PM
can we please make Completionist feat Passive.

Also would be great to have the Completionist feat stackable upto 3 times.

Yes +6 to all stats is crazy right? but you know how long that would take someone to do??

even if they stoned all the lives that would be a lot of money and still a lot of time 1 week period between tr's

for someone who has spent that much time effort and possibly money I think they have earned it.

Also instead of TR wings they should get a different symbol by name showing they are a completionist.

samthedagger
07-23-2013, 05:14 PM
Sure. Why not? Personally I feel zero incentive to work towards completionist. I just build up the past lives which I feel will be most effective for the end build I am planning on a character. If completionist were passive, I might consider it. Perhaps the bonuses for multiple completionist a should stagger a little though. You have to be 3rd level to take completionist. So say completionist kicks in at level 3, completionist II kicks in at level 6 and completionist III kicks in at level 9. Also, these should be passive feat bonuses, not any type of inherent bonus so you still have to qualify for feats and such normally.

PsychoBlonde
07-24-2013, 12:24 PM
Yes +6 to all stats is crazy right? but you know how long that would take someone to do??

There are already people on nearly every server who have done this. I know several on Thelanis who are 3x completionist.

While I wouldn't mind having Completionist be passive, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I have a completionist and am working on another and I haven't found it that difficult to make room for this very desirable feat.

Deadlock
07-29-2013, 05:14 AM

I do indeed. And no need to stone, just play the game, it's more fun that way. With the changes coming to the XP curve for 2nd and 3rd life characters this should become a bit easier to achieve.

Totally agree on Completionist being an auto-grant, hopefully will happen with whatever the final version of the Epic TR is in Update 20.

jskinner937
07-29-2013, 06:11 AM
There are already people on nearly every server who have done this. I know several on Thelanis who are 3x completionist.

While I wouldn't mind having Completionist be passive, I'm kind of indifferent to it. I have a completionist and am working on another and I haven't found it that difficult to make room for this very desirable feat.

Haha. I too am completionist and do not bother with this feat on any lives save arty, wizard and fighter. If you compare it to other feats...it is not desireable on most builds.

redspecter23
07-29-2013, 07:42 AM
I'm going to be unpopular here and say that I don't want to see the completionist feat passive. I think it's well worth the feat slot on many builds and it's quite powerful for a feat that is not strictly dps related. I certainly do not want to see it 3x stackable due to power creep concerns specifically with casters and DC's. I don't want triple completionist to be the next benchmark for DC's.

However, I do think there should be a passive component to completionist. Players put a lot of work into it and deserve something to show for their efforts if the feat isn't something that works with their build.

Cathimon
07-29-2013, 07:56 AM
Passive feat? Humm, maybe. I guess I'd support that idea, although I can't think of anybody who wouldn't take the feat if it remains active!

Stackable 3 times? HELL NO! That's asking for way too much now. Completionists with multiple past-life feats are already very powerful. Don't get greedy!

Cosmetic symbol other than wings for completionists? Hmm, maybe. It's not a big deal, would be cool I guess.

darthhento
07-29-2013, 07:59 AM
I'll agree with that it should be passive as it's always a pain to fit it in on feat starved classes.
But won't agree to it being stacking, nevertheless 3x.

About different simbol/color wings, meh.

erethizon
07-29-2013, 08:05 AM
I support all 3 suggestions. I too have been thinking for a while that the completionist feat should be passive. That is the best and most important suggestion to listen to.

I never thought of it stacking 3 times, but I do like the idea.

Having a different TR wing for completionists is something else I never thought of but certainly have nothing against. It is the least important suggestion since it is merely cosmetic, but I see little harm in it.

Shalexilf
08-01-2013, 12:50 PM
I support all 3 suggestions. I too have been thinking for a while that the completionist feat should be passive. That is the best and most important suggestion to listen to.

I never thought of it stacking 3 times, but I do like the idea.

Having a different TR wing for completionists is something else I never thought of but certainly have nothing against. It is the least important suggestion since it is merely cosmetic, but I see little harm in it.

the Completionist wings is a very minor thing but it would be cool if they did. Also instead of making the active feat passive instead maybe they should give us a passive feat for it doesn't have to be +2 to all stats it could be passive +1 to all skills that stacks 3 times :D.

Tscheuss
08-01-2013, 03:00 PM
I like the idea of making completionist an autogrant.

I could agree with stacking x3 if level gated - level 3, level 13, level 23.

As for the cosmetic part, I have no serious opinion. Maybe a pair of butterflies fluttering about the name?

droid327
08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
Completionsists already have a passive bonus...its all the passive past lives they've accumulated. Each PL tier you gain gives you a passive bonus, that's your "reward" for the work it took to make it through each individual life. There's no reason you need to add a passive bonus just for doing them all, since you're already fully "compensated" for each one individually.

You don't go to your boss at the end of the year and demand extra pay because you did all your work; you get paid for doing your work every paycheck. The Completionist feat, really, is your "Christmas bonus" at the end of the year :)

droid327
08-01-2013, 03:31 PM
As for the cosmetic part, I have no serious opinion. Maybe a pair of butterflies fluttering about the name?

How about an autogrant +50% vulnerability to Light damage, since they spent so much time in front of their computer and not outside in the sun?

Cheap shot, sorry I know, I just had to though :)

Tscheuss
08-01-2013, 03:32 PM
Completionsists already have a passive bonus...its all the passive past lives they've accumulated. Each PL tier you gain gives you a passive bonus, that's your "reward" for the work it took to make it through each individual life. There's no reason you need to add a passive bonus just for doing them all, since you're already fully "compensated" for each one individually.

You don't go to your boss at the end of the year and demand extra pay because you did all your work; you get paid for doing your work every paycheck. The Completionist feat, really, is your "Christmas bonus" at the end of the year :)

What about the 2+ week paid vacation?

Jay203
08-02-2013, 12:13 AM
said no before, still no now

Tscheuss
08-02-2013, 01:39 AM

Okay. Then how about a Christmas bonus at the end of each of three years? :p

Tscheuss
08-02-2013, 01:40 AM
How about an autogrant +50% vulnerability to Light damage, since they spent so much time in front of their computer and not outside in the sun?

Almost missed this one. lol

MrTastyHead
08-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Completionist being a passive feat, sure, I think it should be.
Multi-completionist stacking stats, no.
Multi-completionist offering different bonuses, absolutely.

1x completionist, passive +2 stats.
2x completionist, passive +2 to all skills.
3x completionist, passive +200 hp/mana maybe? Passive 20% movement speed that stacks with everything? Plenty of options.

Tscheuss
08-02-2013, 03:14 AM
For x3 completionists, all nearby npc's in public areas should bow and say things like, "Greetings, Great One."

Stoner81
08-02-2013, 04:32 AM
Completionist should be an auto-grant feat since it's can be very hard (if not impossible) to fit it in to builds which are feat starved classes. As for stacking 3 times I don't think that is a good idea really way to much power in that, I do like the sounds of different coloured wings for triple completionists and even completionists (gold and silver respectively maybe).

Stoner81.

Ungood
08-02-2013, 09:45 AM

The butt hurt seems to be strong in this one. :p

Ungood
08-02-2013, 09:55 AM
can we please make Completionist feat Passive.

Also would be great to have the Completionist feat stackable upto 3 times.

even if they stoned all the lives that would be a lot of money and still a lot of time 1 week period between tr's

for someone who has spent that much time effort and possibly money I think they have earned it.

Also instead of TR wings they should get a different symbol by name showing they are a completionist.

I personally think the Past life feats are really lack luster overall and could use a boost. Sure, people will cry, but people will cry at every suggestion and idea ever. Imho, past life feats are soo not worth time and the toon that is give up to get them, I TRed, because I like the idea of a single toon being able to do every class in the game to cap, that was kind fun, but the feats, laughable, so never worth it, and with ED's even less worth it.

With that put out.

Yes - to Auto-grant. It really should have been to start with.

Yes - To New wings. I Love it! Always room for more fluff in this game, and new wings would be kinda cool anyway.

Ok - to Stacking 3 times. +6 to all stats might be a bit much but then again, there is like what, 8 people in the entire game that have done this? If they are willing to put in that kind of time and effort to do that, I don't see any reason to not let them have it.

Dandonk
08-02-2013, 09:59 AM
I do not have a completionist. The most different PLs I have on any char is three, I believe. But I do think that the completionist feat could benefit from being passive (though stacking to times three might be a bit much). New wings for showing off? Sure.

I will agree with other posters here that the PLs could do with a little redo to make some of the less interesting ones better.

NytCrawlr
08-02-2013, 10:03 AM
I agree that the Completionist feat should be a passive autogrant.

Don't really care about the cosmetic symbols to show such a thing, seems like bragging.

As far as Completionist stacking three times, I disagree. I think there should be a separate triple Completionist autogrant, passive feat, but shouldn't just be in the power range of Completionist x 3, that seems too much to me.

NytCrawlr
08-02-2013, 10:04 AM
I will agree with other posters here that the PLs could do with a little redo to make some of the less interesting ones better.

Agreed with this as well.

Especially some of the martial ones, Cleric, and Druid.

PrimalConcreteSledge
08-02-2013, 12:01 PM
How will this game benefit from increasing the power difference between the vets and the new players witch is already huge for plenty of reasons?

/not signed on anything but the visuals

Teh_Troll
08-02-2013, 12:09 PM
How will this game benefit from increasing the power difference between the vets and the new players witch is already huge for plenty of reasons?

/not signed on anything but the visuals

The "vast power difference" comes from gear and EDs, not PLs or completionists.

The good players know this.

PrimalConcreteSledge
08-02-2013, 12:15 PM
The "vast power difference" comes from gear and EDs, not PLs or completionists.

The good players know this.

It comes from all of the above. Hance i used the "plenty of reasons" phrase. You really have a reading problem...

enochiancub
08-02-2013, 12:23 PM
It comes from all of the above. Hance i used the "plenty of reasons" phrase. You really have a reading problem...

Coupled with a rampant ego. I love the constant use of the term "good players" when what they mean is "skilled players" cause from what I've seen in their behaviour here, they're certainly not "good".

jskinner937
08-02-2013, 04:35 PM

I do not agree with the reading problem you stated, but I agree that you have no understanding of where power comes from. "Vast power" as you stated does not come from the benefit of PL feats or completionist feat. Even if you decided to take it (and most that have achieved it do not waste a feat slot on this), about the biggest benefit is achieving full UMD on a non-bard, arty or rogue split.

Even with 3ea PLs and completionist, if you do not buy EDs, and do not have the packs farm GH gear or CitW weapons, you are gimp.

PrimalConcreteSledge
08-02-2013, 05:37 PM
I do not agree with the reading problem you stated, but I agree that you have no understanding of where power comes from. "Vast power" as you stated does not come from the benefit of PL feats or completionist feat. Even if you decided to take it (and most that have achieved it do not waste a feat slot on this), about the biggest benefit is achieving full UMD on a non-bard, arty or rogue split.

Even with 3ea PLs and completionist, if you do not buy EDs, and do not have the packs farm GH gear or CitW weapons, you are gimp.

And another one with a reading problem. Along with the other similarities...

jskinner937
08-02-2013, 07:33 PM
And another one with a reading problem. Along with the other similarities...

Ok...be stubborn with your point, but I can support mine.

As I mentioned take a 3x completionist with no EDs and no gear....

Compared to a first life ED capped and fully geared out.

Who is more powerful?

Hands down the first lifer....hence your statement of "vast power" is inaccurate to come from PL combined with other means. PLs and even completionist geat do not increase power enough to consider it "vast power".

PrimalConcreteSledge
08-02-2013, 08:01 PM
Ok...be stubborn with your point, but I can support mine.

As I mentioned take a 3x completionist with no EDs and no gear....

Compared to a first life ED capped and fully geared out.

Who is more powerful?

Hands down the first lifer....hence your statement of "vast power" is inaccurate to come from PL combined with other means. PLs and even completionist geat do not increase power enough to consider it "vast power".

Yep, most triple completionist do not own and will never buy ED's. Don't worry your argument is rock solid.

Tscheuss
08-02-2013, 09:46 PM
Yep, most triple completionist do not own and will never buy ED's. Don't worry your argument is rock solid.

The point is that x3 completion PL's do not contribute in a major way at high levels, and the higher the level, the less relevant they become. Can you now see what he is trying to say, or do you still have target fixation? Or are you just trolling?

Sidewaysgts86
08-03-2013, 02:26 AM
Are people really worried about the "power boost" from +3 to modifier scores for someone on at least their 40th consecutive life? Gimme a break.

Signed- Big time.

RyonsAlt
08-03-2013, 02:39 AM
Are people really worried about the "power boost" from +3 to modifier scores for someone on at least their 40th consecutive life? Gimme a break.

Signed- Big time.

+3 DCs
+3 saves
+ X hps
+X Sps
+3 to-hit and damage
+3 to all skills
+3 ac (if MDB permits)

Most of it is pretty "meh" to some, but considering every single bit counts even if it is spread out it is fairly big, mostly with casters. +3 DCs are huge when you get to endgame. A +2 passive? I can agree to that. A +6 passive? That's a pretty overboard in my opinion. A +2 passive and being able to purchase +1 to all stats with feats up to 4 times I can agree to.

PrimalConcreteSledge
08-03-2013, 06:54 AM

Signed- Big time.

40 lives... Wow such a big deal. Some ppl play the endgame for years. They don't get any boost.

But let's reward all the stoners and zergers, uberly equiped, playing their "leveling builds" and streamrolling trought the easy content. Let's reward all of those that are so obsessed about their xp/min that they will leave the newbs as soulstones somewhere in quests.

Some reward? Sure. But i think it's better than it should be as it is.

Ungood
08-03-2013, 07:41 AM
I am not going to argue with the troll that has opted to infect this thread.

But PL's need a rework, right now they are not worth the effort it takes to obtain, and with ED's, their worth is diminishing even more even to the power gamer and worth even less to the casual or those with time restraints to play.

Someone suggested a Completionst Passive feat and Active feat. That could be a nifty idea as well. Maybe a stacking +1 passive, with a option take a +2 active I think would work nicely.

I think there was also a discussion about lowering the overall exp needed for extra lives, which might be a good idea as well, just something to mountain of work that TRing can be.

I love the idea of extra fluff tho, and would so like to see a Compeltionist "Wing" effect. I really think it would be a nice addition to the game overall.

jskinner937
08-03-2013, 07:44 AM
40 lives... Wow such a big deal. Some ppl play the endgame for years. They don't get any boost.

But let's reward all the stoners and zergers, uberly equiped, playing their "leveling builds" and streamrolling trought the easy content. Let's reward all of those that are so obsessed about their xp/min that they will leave the newbs as soulstones somewhere in quests.

Some reward? Sure. But i think it's better than it should be as it is.

There are always going to be power levelers...even in MMOs that don't have a reincarnate system. I personally earned my completionist feat with no stones used and it took me 4 years to get there. I'm sorry you choose not to build up PL feats, but that is why this game has endured the years as most enjoy recycling the content. In the past PL feats and completinoist WAS A UBER REWARD. The point that some of us are trying to make is that it is no longer a worthwhile feat to buy if available, nor any of the active past life feats. There should be a reward to promote more completionists. I personally don't agree to 3 stacking free feats, but the first should be auto-granted and a visual icon of some sort or maybe a special armor kit would be nice, but not necessary.

Ungood
08-03-2013, 07:53 AM

It gives the new players a goal to work towards. Duh.

Also If not to get more powerful, there is no point in playing. Again.. Duh.

TRing lets new players see that power first hand, they get to talk with mentoring vets that enjoy the heroic game and thus learn what to expect at the epic level end game, as opposed to meeting bitter vets that have spent their life at end game on a continuous gear treadmill and seem to have lost touch with what new players deal with or how they will be equipped.

Thus making it worthwhile for vets to TR is better for the game for "plenty of reasons"

jskinner937
08-03-2013, 08:42 AM
It gives the new players a goal to work towards. Duh.

Also If not to get more powerful, there is no point in playing. Again.. Duh.

TRing lets new players see that power first hand, they get to talk with mentoring vets that enjoy the heroic game and thus learn what to expect at the epic level end game, as opposed to meeting bitter vets that have spent their life at end game on a continuous gear treadmill and seem to have lost touch with what new players deal with or how they will be equipped.

Thus making it worthwhile for vets to TR is better for the game for "plenty of reasons"

And he did say "plenty f reason" so you cannot make a counter argument against that.

/sarcasm off