PDA

View Full Version : Would like to see a better variet of weapons in new content...

Kadderly
07-21-2013, 07:51 PM
Title pretty much says it but I would really like to see more variety in weapons from the new content. Sadly while planning out a toon a couple weeks ago the build choices were being based on what end-game weapons are available because some areas are severely lacking. Dwarven axes, bastard swords and handwraps seem to be lacking some. The new d-axe just doesn't cut it at 2d10 EE version and I haven't seen any new handwraps at all. Considering that monks are essentially tied to their handwraps (else sacrifice half of their class abilities) there really should be viable options with increased level cap rather than making them use lower level gear.

The weapon choices currently being seen seem to be very unpopular weapons or too weak to actually be appealing. Much of the worn gear is actually interesting and notably more powerful but weapons feel like they were an afterthought added for flavor.

Urjak
07-23-2013, 04:35 AM
Considering weapons, what I would really like to see would be a new crafting system + raid like the Shroud or LoB (preferably more like greensteel though). With really ALL weapon type in the game. Also while the increase in the number of base dice is a nice way to handle some things, it IMO only works for small increases as base damage gaps increase more than they IMO should with higher multipliers.

Examples:
Lets assume we have an x5 multiplier (x3 epic, x1 deadly, x1 other stuff like destinies/enhancements/whatever):

Greatsword (highest base damage): 5[2d6] = 5 x 2 x (6 + 1) / 2 = 35 average base damage
Shuriken (lowest base damage): 5[1d2] = 5 x 1 x (2 + 1) / 2 = 7,5 average base damage

Now lets take an x10 multiplier:
The gap widens to 70 vs. 15! OTOH with x2: 14 vs. 3 seems much more bearable ... just some food for thought

oradafu
07-23-2013, 03:43 PM
Since this release is an Expansion, I would expect more from it than a regular update. Yes, one of the things I would expect is that every type of weapon and armor would have would have at least one unique useful version of each. At the very least, I would expect every type of weapon with its on unique style of fighting to be included in an expansion. But it shouldn't be unreasonable for every weapon, since there's now a renewed interest in specific weapons with the new enhancement system.

Like almost everything else is in this expansion, it's been a major letdown.

Kadderly
07-24-2013, 01:44 PM
I have been very enthusiastic about this update overall, the complete lack of weapons (so far) that anyone would use over ML:25 or lower existing stuff has been my only negative aspect but it is a big one.