PDA

View Full Version : KEEN and Improved crit feat not stacking

flipstre
07-20-2013, 12:09 AM
Hi guys,

I am just asking what is your take on items that have keen on it and not being able to stack it with any of the improved crit feats.

Can someone please have a look at it. Developers is this a sneak update. You can see my point when you looked at balizarde nightmare or any items that have keen on it.

Let me know what you guys think.

FranOhmsford
07-20-2013, 12:40 AM
Hi guys,

I am just asking what is your take on items that have keen on it and not being able to stack it with any of the improved crit feats.

Can someone please have a look at it. Developers is this a sneak update. You can see my point when you looked at balizarde nightmare or any items that have keen on it.

Let me know what you guys think.

As far as I know {and I've only been here since Mid 2010 - Maybe others who've been here longer might be able to say different} BUT:

Keen has NEVER Stacked with Improved Crit!

At least as long as I've been playing!

Keen is mainly an Imp Crit item for Low Levels 1-8 on a Fighter type {Carnifex is used longer because of it's Range being higher than standard anyway!}.

Charononus
07-20-2013, 12:50 AM
wai, keen has never stacked and is not meant to stack, if it ever stacked for you it was a bug.

nibel
07-20-2013, 12:51 AM
They also don't stack on D&D 3.5 (They did on 3.0). SO, I think it is working as intended.

On PnP, since a keen enchantment is cheap (only +1), and Improved Critical is weapon-based instead of group-based, it is usually better to add Keen to your main weapon and not worry about IC at all. In DDO, since weapon swaps are common and IC have a broader range, the reverse is true.

High-level weapons with Keen/Impact are there for the case where you can use the weapon if you are not specced for it, or save a feat in some key cases (rogues or bards). Someone can get IC:Slash and still equip a Balizarde for full effect. Back when the cap was 16, a MinII weapon was also primarly used to save a feat on IC.