PDA

View Full Version : The Official What Goes Up (Storm Horns) Loot Thread!

SqueakofDoom
07-19-2013, 10:38 AM
Use this thread to discuss items found in the Storm Horns Quest: What Goes Up.

End and Optional Chests' Named Items:

https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/GoatskinBoots.png

Goatskin Boots (Boots)
Heroic Normal

Speed VIII
Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Heroic Hard

Speed X
Empty Yellow Augment Slot

Heroic Elite

Speed XI
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Normal

Speed XII
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Hard

Speed XIV
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Elite

Speed XV
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot
Empty Colorless Augment Slot

https://www.ddo.com/sites/default/files/PrismaticCloak.png

Prismatic Cloak (Cloak)
Heroic Normal

Elemental Absorption – 16% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Heroic Hard

Elemental Absorption – 18% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Heroic Elite

Elemental Absorption – 20% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Normal

Elemental Absorption – 26% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Hard

Elemental Absorption – 28% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

Epic Elite

Elemental Absorption – 30% (Acid, Cold, Electric, Fire, Sonic Absorption)
Random Effect
Empty Green Augment Slot

UurlockYgmeov
07-19-2013, 11:18 AM
thanks Squeak!

CoasterHops
07-19-2013, 02:18 PM
Them EE boots wont be too bad as long as the secondary *random* effect comes in some decent varieties.

Dandonk
07-19-2013, 02:21 PM
More random effects :(

Antiguo
07-19-2013, 05:33 PM
Colorless on EE? really?

maddmatt70
07-19-2013, 05:39 PM
So are the devs nerfing haste or what? Keep seeing speed bonus items??

CoasterHops
07-19-2013, 05:43 PM
So are the devs nerfing haste or what? Keep seeing speed bonus items??

Nope they buffed it, it now gives 1% Dodge instead of 1 AC.

On a serious note, I don't really see it as a nerf, more of a change to how you want to use it. Eg. more of a personal buff in Epic Levels than one that is required for all your party members. As an Arcane or Bard you won't have to slot one of these speed items, of course all melee will feel obliged too though lol, although there is a feat that gives the same effect i believe, so it may become a toss up between a gear slot or a feat for most melee.

patang01
07-19-2013, 06:16 PM
Not a terrible set of boots but I don't know - less augments then what we have from GH and other then speed it comes with a random effect that can be surpassed by either random loot or even augments.

It just feels like it misses the mark and what we're looking at is easy to get gear for new iconic players.

Cetus
07-19-2013, 06:17 PM
I don't understand...Goatskin boots should have Str 11. Not str 8...we get that **** on a helm right now. The speed XV is just a convenience thing at best, since a simple haste potion covers that.

~rex_havok
07-19-2013, 06:39 PM
any chance that special augments show up as loot. augments with two effects or higher then normal?
Have all this raid gear and would love not to keep changing it. but special augments i could keep earlier gear and slot something nice on to it.

DogMania
07-21-2013, 08:40 AM
So I am presuming that as you only listed 2 items there are only 2 quests in the Storm Horns?

Drwaz99
07-21-2013, 09:05 AM
So I am presuming that as you only listed 2 items there are only 2 quests in the Storm Horns?

I count 5 separate threads so I am assuming there's 5 quests.

redspecter23
07-21-2013, 09:50 AM
I don't understand...Goatskin boots should have Str 11. Not str 8...we get that **** on a helm right now. The speed XV is just a convenience thing at best, since a simple haste potion covers that.

I think plenty of players would be quite happy to not have to chug hast pots ever again. Stopping every 30 seconds to chug a pot increases micromanagement of buffs on a toon. It all adds up. Tensers every minute, Displacement every 30 seconds, Haste every 30 seconds, etc. At some point you are losing dps to keep all these buffs up. Taking one of these buffs out of the equation can make things easier to manage and keep dps maxed longer and with less stopping and buffing.

I think items like this are great if the opportunity cost isn't too high. If the random effects are decent, you could potentially have a nice effect consolidator on your hands. I agree that 8 str on a level 28 item is a garbage effect. At absolute minimum, it should be 9 str as that's what you can augment. It should probably be even higher than that as augments are traditionally lower than you can find on the same level gear. I was almost coming around on these random effects, but if they're going to be a collection of lackluster low tier abilities, then they might as well just be another augment slot.

I guess my point is, if you can slot permahaste without giving up anything important then it's a great addition to reduce buff micromanagement. If you're giving up a top tier item for it, you have to question your gains against what you're giving up. Permahaste will be available in enough different slots after the expansion that I'd imagine most builds will be able to fit one in, even if it's just a swap in for certain fights with debuffers or when no arcane is around.

JOTMON
07-21-2013, 03:33 PM
more lazy crafted named random shtuff.

It is sad that the pure random drops excite me more than these named items.

Quest once or twice for favor then back to random chest farms.

Cetus
07-21-2013, 04:31 PM
I think plenty of players would be quite happy to not have to chug hast pots ever again. Stopping every 30 seconds to chug a pot increases micromanagement of buffs on a toon. It all adds up. Tensers every minute, Displacement every 30 seconds, Haste every 30 seconds, etc. At some point you are losing dps to keep all these buffs up. Taking one of these buffs out of the equation can make things easier to manage and keep dps maxed longer and with less stopping and buffing.

I think items like this are great if the opportunity cost isn't too high. If the random effects are decent, you could potentially have a nice effect consolidator on your hands. I agree that 8 str on a level 28 item is a garbage effect. At absolute minimum, it should be 9 str as that's what you can augment. It should probably be even higher than that as augments are traditionally lower than you can find on the same level gear. I was almost coming around on these random effects, but if they're going to be a collection of lackluster low tier abilities, then they might as well just be another augment slot.

I guess my point is, if you can slot permahaste without giving up anything important then it's a great addition to reduce buff micromanagement. If you're giving up a top tier item for it, you have to question your gains against what you're giving up. Permahaste will be available in enough different slots after the expansion that I'd imagine most builds will be able to fit one in, even if it's just a swap in for certain fights with debuffers or when no arcane is around.

I agree that removing haste is a pretty nice improvement, that's what I was going for when I called it a convenience thing.

I guess my problem is that you can already get perma haste (except the reflex and ac part of it) off a jorg collar, and now they're giving it to us as a feat too.

LightBear
07-22-2013, 01:53 AM
The boots are nice, am wondering if they stack with the new feat or not.

Wizza
07-22-2013, 03:27 AM
The boots are nice, am wondering if they stack with the new feat or not.

There is no need to even check in game. They don't stack or everyone and their mom would take the feat.

Manasdirge
07-23-2013, 06:25 AM
well this EE pair of boots may have a place of my gear if they have 3 insightful DEX/8 DEX on.

still,i noticed that +10/+11 stats already appeared on some of the new loots,maybe the 8DEX on EE lv28 named loot is a little shaggy?

Atremus
07-25-2013, 09:18 AM
Please add Ghostly to these boots

Wizza
07-25-2013, 10:30 AM
Please add SOMETHING to these boots

Ftfy.

Atremus
07-25-2013, 10:43 AM
Ftfy.

Well played sir, well played.

emtp
07-29-2013, 09:45 AM
could we see what random effects list you are planning to use. If there is only a few effects that would keep the insanity down a little thanks.

PNellesen
07-30-2013, 06:44 AM
could we see what random effects list you are planning to use.

This, plz.

Not a big fan of the Random effect thing on named loot, but if we're going to have to live with it, it would definitely be nice to know what the possibilities are for each item. (And no, I won't be holding my breath waiting...)