PDA

View Full Version : I like change but this is too many.

SirShen
07-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Too many changes, that this game will not be the same game anymore,

Item Changes (All items that had been level 0 have now been changed to have levels) https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420338-Item-changes-for-those-level-0-items
Enhancement Changes (some classes loosing what the have now - Arties loosing UMD and skill boost - this is just one there are alot more with other classes)
Xp Changes (might be good or might be bad)
Secret Door Changes (you will now NEED a rogue or artie to find them)
Astal shards being used to re-roll on loot (if you ask me this is just a con, has anyone got anything good from re-rolling the loot?)

and coming soon
Loose all that epic destinies xp after spending months getting it (Not all of us run that same quest over and over)

TOO MANY CHANGES ALL AT ONCE TURBINE.

Atremus
07-18-2013, 09:44 AM
They changed the game with the last expansion (spell power, AC nullified, loss of the D20 and so on) and here we are a year later with even more change. The astral shard system is lame but every MMO has it (jump off a bridge saying) and we get the meaningless level increase. Level 30 and an end game would have made sense. But Level 28 and so so loot isn't as good. At least this way they can charge us for the next level increase again

Any wipe of ED xp will kill the game. Turbine painted themselves into a corner again

Gratch
07-18-2013, 01:15 PM
Eh.

The enhancement system has been a bog of stagnation for 2 years now. They got a lot of feedback that the current flat list system is annoying for newbs and others (and it is tedious for all) so they knew they had to change it. Now is the time to constructively tell them what's not working and what's bull dung since you might actually get the change added (ranger devotion, warchanter devotion, warprist). I'm happy with changes. Means I don't have to go find a different game to have new things. To find new builds. To play the characters I've been building. Yes it will be a shock to some, yes there will be bugs, and as always balance issues - but I'm hoping once they convene on only one enhancement system the devs will have more time to add more trees and fix more stuff compared to the past year of them building the new system while constantly repairing the old one.

I do think astral shards are getting too widely used and have the potential to "Diablo3" this game.

The community yelled at them about ED XP wiping so that they're backpedaling and rethinking things. I can't pass judgement until I see their new TR proposal and I'm glad they let us in on the ground floor so we COULD voice our initial thoughts.

I don't really care about tweak, aka broken, Level0 items, though I have some. You only have to sneeze to go from L1 to L8... though obviously their new XP balancing/quest xp ransack may shut some of that efficiency down... though I also run a wide swath of quests up to L6 to get the coin lords inventory favor and if they decrease total XP needed for a TR2+ to go from 16-20 then I'll gladly try to run different quests... now if we just had more quests at those levels (which they have been working on and I believe you can get to the FR ones sans key in the expansion).

Too many people on these boards calling these changes Star Wars Galaxies NGE. If it was NGE, they'd need to remove bard, rogue and artificer classes (to focus things) and make completionist a new store-item (like adding jedi as a class). Though I guess there are ottos boxes that come close to that.

ArcaneArcher52689
07-18-2013, 02:08 PM
Too many changes, that this game will not be the same game anymore,

Item Changes (All items that had been level 0 have now been changed to have levels) https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/420338-Item-changes-for-those-level-0-items

This was a bug

Enhancement Changes (some classes loosing what the have now - Arties loosing UMD and skill boost - this is just one there are alot more with other classes)

Arti's lose UMD/ skill boost, but umd is becoming less important. Lots of classes also GAIN a lot as well, and they have asked us to bug report anything we find missing.

Xp Changes (might be good or might be bad)

from what i've seen so far, the only ones hurt by this are power gamer- TR's who grind the same quest 12 times in one night. Instead casual gamers get a boost (daily bonus)

Secret Door Changes (you will now NEED a rogue or artie to find them)

funny, that's not what it says. I believe what they're trying to do is make it so that a lvl 1 spell can't find the doors in lvl 25 content... but simply put, we don't have enough info to do anything more than make suggestions(instead of assumptions)

Astal shards being used to re-roll on loot (if you ask me this is just a con, has anyone got anything good from re-rolling the loot?)

Now, this is something that i agree really didn't need to be added. I don't really see myself using it, but i can see some situations where i might (rerunning eyes of stone 10 times on elite and still only have one set of the gloves/wraps, so may use it if the cost was 5AS, doubt it though). But by the same token, as long as they add a confirmation mechanic, i would have 0 problems with it)

and coming soon
Loose all that epic destinies xp after spending months getting it (Not all of us run that same quest over and over)

It's been announced that they are definitely looking at alternatives to their first suggestion. So, since we probably won't get any more word on this until after U19, I'll reserve judgement until then. But i think they got the point

MangyD
07-19-2013, 05:28 AM
Arti's lose UMD/ skill boost, but umd is becoming less important.

What? Why is UMD less important?
Has there been some general change to UMD that makes it easier or something?

Without qualifying why it is less important, it doesn't mean its ok that UMD gets lost.

J1NG
07-19-2013, 05:36 AM

Without qualifying why it is less important, it doesn't mean its ok that UMD gets lost.

It's probably less important because there are a lot of ways to reproduce similar effects that used to be under the sole area of UMD. Healing others for example has Destiny abilities, as well as many other Enhancements now that can replicate it. Using particular weapons? Well, there are a lot more choices now and it's not 100% required anymore to have one particular type of weapon that has a UMD requirement.

Besides which, an extra 3 Epic levels mean another +3 all skills you no longer have to take (at end game, not during Heroic levels though, which is probably where it's removal will be biggest felt). Meaning you don't really lose out that much unless you never really spec'd into it in the first place (at end game).

J1NG

2pleasegimmie
07-19-2013, 10:16 AM

It isn't "less important" - it's simply another ill-thought out nerf, and one I suspect has roots in steering us towards the DDO Store(tm).

Seriously - the enhancement pass is junk, the TR idea is lame, and pretty much most of the other redesigns (and expansions, and bug-fix priorities or lack thereof) are obviously being driven by bean-counters and not real gamers - particularly of the caliber who design good AD&D adventures.

I've played D&D for 30+ years, and I played this game in Beta - but I seriously don't think it will be worht the bother to come back if all this crapola goes live the way they have it planned atm.